• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's TokuGAF 2012 | IT'S MORPHIN' TIME... Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiromi is the worse red since Carter, he is worse then Carter.

And they're both better than Cole or Mack. Those are bad Red Rangers if I ever saw them. Hiromu is a good leader and we can't really say he sucks until the series is over. And Carter Grayson is a man's man. Shoots first. Shoots all the time. And he was actually a good leader.

WillyFive

Hiromu is a jerk. He's not that bad though, you can tell he cares despite being mean to everyone.

Also, Fourze continues to be fantastic. I've always liked JK, and it's cool to learn more about him.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
And they're both better than Cole or Mack. Those are bad Red Rangers if I ever saw them. Hiromu is a good leader and we can't really say he sucks until the series is over. And Carter Grayson is a man's man. Shoots first. Shoots all the time. And he was actually a good leader.

mack wasnt even a presense though. he had the look, but he did... nothing.

cole is pretty shitty. not because he was bad, but you mean to tell me he could destroy serpentera with a bike and a blaster? you have no idea how hard that snapped be back to reality when it happened.

Also how can people diss on Hiromu? He's essentially no-nonsense. Just insensitive.

because despite being no nonsense, he has no other qualities. period. ryuuji is the nice guy. then he overheats, and becomes a motherfucking badass. yoko is a whiny brat. hes just politically correct. its like they swapped personalities with his character and nick.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
because despite being no nonsense, he has no other qualities. period. ryuuji is the nice guy. then he overheats, and becomes a motherfucking badass. yoko is a whiny brat. hes just politically correct. its like they swapped personalities with his character and nick.

He's pretty efficient at his job. And he lacks tact (which is why Nick is there - a robot who somehow manages to be more sociable than a human). In a way he's not pretty bad as far as Reds go (we can do worse *cough*GoonRed*cough*), he just doesn't have an exaggerated/flashy character.

Slayven

He is such a bitch about everything. And his leadership qualities haven't exactly shown. Either the chief or Ryuuji is calling the plays.

WillyFive

That is a good point, maybe I was wrong in assuming he was because of the color. Wasn't ninjawhite the leader of the Kakurangers?

And TimePink for Timeranger and GekiYellow for Gekiranger.

But that's because they were girls.

However, Big One became the leader of JAKQ, and he was white. And I suppose Magigreen (and later Magishine) led the Magiranger team.

shaowebb

Who in their right mind would challenge Big One?

someone with no fear.

7rj8f.png

jCW2I.jpg

UxXPH.jpg

Okay now this is one guy I did know about at least. He's been pimpin, since been pimpin, since been pimpin. You don't mess with Big One lest you taste the fury of his Big Bomber.
Guy was so over the top and wonderful with all the pimp cane swaggering, cannon stradling, awesome he was made of. Dude's other toku show was great too. I loved his bit with the guitar where he'd play his own theme song as he arrived to a fight, toss the guitar in the air, kick everyone's ass and they'd freeze frame, he'd catch the guitar and then they wouldn't fall till he slapped its side no matter how long his speech went on as he sat holding that thing. All that plus the fact that he never really bothered to henshin in that series and he just whipped everyone's ass without it makes the actor one of my favorite Toku guys ever. Perhaps THE favorite for me.

Boss Doggie

To be fair though, from what I heard he actually made JAKQ crap by making it more comedic than darker. People only associate his coolness from the Gao vs SS movie.

shaowebb

Oh hey I found Big One's actor Hiroshi Miyauchi in that role I mentioned. It was called Kaiketsu Zubat!

And you thought Kamen Rider Skull was smooth.
Hmm...turns out he also played Kamen Rider V3 and a ton of other parts in various Tokusatu shows since 1967.

Boss Doggie

The worst red I can think of was the one in Turbo after Tommy left. No wonder Turbo pretty much lost to the baddies at the end.

...wut

CJ's one of the best reds. Hell, all black Reds are pretty much some of the best Reds (CJ, Jack and Scott).

WillyFive

This last episode of Akibaranger was amazing. It's was awesome to see behind the scenes at Toei Studios, and learn about random props and locations (I have never even realized that the buildings during the mecha fights were also re-used). I loved how it developed AkibaBlue and how she ended up with a new roll call. The amount of meta in the episode was also great, how she used the various unique filming tricks of the shows to beat the villain.

I also loved how they played some of the background music from Jetman, including the themes for the villains. It is odd that AkibaYellow has yet to get her own penultimate power (while Red has two now), but now that Malshina is now in the real world and the Itashi Robo will start being used again, I can't complain.

Slayven

Looks like the Doc is the center of it, I expect tears for Akibsranger finale. And they need to stop doing close-ups on Blue's face.

WillyFive

The two new Go-Busters on the cover of the Go-Busters soundtrack:

0v2wNl.jpg

Also, rumors are going around for the Go-Buster movie this Summer;
it features the Go-Busters going on a spy mission to another country (France?) after discovering that it has a large natural deposit of Enetron under it. It will have new Zords (including the one Enter is building) and it introduces a third organization that is also after the Enetron.

Also, the trademark for the next Kamen Rider is expected soon (sometime this month), since Fourze's and OOO's trademarks were revealed the same month last year (and the year before that).

Novid

Banned
This last episode of Akibaranger was amazing. It's was awesome to see behind the scenes at Toei Studios, and learn about random props and locations (I have never even realized that the buildings during the mecha fights were also re-used). I loved how it developed AkibaBlue and how she ended up with a new roll call. The amount of meta in the episode was also great, how she used the various unique filming tricks of the shows to beat the villain.

I also loved how they played some of the background music from Jetman, including the themes for the villains. It is odd that AkibaYellow has yet to get her own penultimate power (while Red has two now), but now that Malshina is now in the real world and the Itashi Robo will start being used again, I can't complain.

Kinda cool they did that.

Parallax

0v2wNl.jpg

it features the Go-Busters going on a spy mission to another country (France?) after discovering that it has a large natural deposit of Enetron under it. It will have new Zords (including the one Enter is building) and it introduces a third organization that is also after the Enetron.

Also, the trademark for the next Kamen Rider is expected soon (sometime this month), since Fourze's and OOO's trademarks were revealed the same month last year (and the year before that).

Is that a sword that forms from a steering wheel?

WillyFive

I don't know why you like that commander from Go-Busters. He's boring and a nobody, he just blends into the background. He has no personality whatsoever. He barely exists.

Also, the main three have more personality outside of camera than they do in it:

tumblr_m3y32j11N01qj1g9ao1_400.jpg
tumblr_m3y32j11N01qj1g9ao3_400.jpg

Parallax

All of the characters barely exist. But his ability to not give a shit could prove awesome in the future.

I haven't watched a sentai in a while but I'm kind of tired of Gold and Silver. I always kind of dug it when they mixed it up a little.

You see the above comments concern me. I hope the additions make up for the weak points of the show. I can't get into a series if the characters don't seem into it themselves.

WillyFive

This last episode of Go-Busters was great. Things are finally starting to get real.

The villain designs of this show are fantastic.

tumblr_m4cl08XPFg1qdmawoo1_500.gif

Looks like the Commander has a secret, too:

tumblr_m4c3e4IH0P1qdmawoo2_250.gif

And of course, Enter is awesome as ever:

tumblr_m4b6voJ58O1qdmawoo1_500.gif

And I just find it hilarious how the Gorilla always wears that thing over his head as if he was Blue's wife every time he goes out.

tumblr_m4anjvQcXo1r8xq3lo1_500.jpg

StagBuster and BeetBuster premiere next week, which is probably the earliest the 'sixth' ranger of a show has debuted so far, right?

Boss Doggie

Hahahahaha...

Our local mall has "Meet and greet the PRS" but in the toy stall it has a bunch of Sentai figures... didn't know buddyroids managed to be included! I should've bought all three!

shaowebb

0v2wNl.jpg

Is that a sword that forms from a steering wheel?

Yep. And his morpher is a cellphone that turns into a gun.

The auxiliary Zords are also coming in June, two of them bug themed and one based on a frog.

I'm digging the Gold and Silver character. I had a feeling that any new guy would have either a gun or a sword. Ended up getting both lol. I've only caught clips so far as I'm trying to blaze through OOO's now that W ended just so his portion of the crossover movie with W will make sense to me (same reason I started watching W after Decade really). At this rate I'll have to march up through OOO's then Fourze before I get to sitting down for Akibarangers and Gobusters for more than a update here and there on the shows.

Also when I clicked the thread the google ad was this.

0aRLy.jpg

You know your crowd well Google. Well played.

EDIT: Played it...yeah it sucked. God I got suckered by that ad easy. Though the last time I got pulled into a bad knockoff web game was the Kamen Rider Den-O version of Bejeweled Its barebones but fun but get a cascade and the audio goes nuts.

Parallax

Primary Riders are forever alone.

I like how the Rider Club was down for Gentoro when Mr.Ham killed his girl. Also like token black henchman.

He went hard for the space mass too. and the mr j black dude who might as well be a masquerade was sadly hilarious.

Slayven

I'm digging the Gold and Silver character. I had a feeling that any new guy would have either a gun or a sword. Ended up getting both lol. I've only caught clips so far as I'm trying to blaze through OOO's now that W ended just so his portion of the crossover movie with W will make sense to me (same reason I started watching W after Decade really). At this rate I'll have to march up through OOO's then Fourze before I get to sitting down for Akibarangers and Gobusters for more than a update here and there on the shows.

Also when I clicked the thread the google ad was this.

0aRLy.jpg

You know your crowd well Google. Well played.
I like the thought of a long range dude and short range dude having a unique fighting style.

He went hard for the space mass too. and the mr j black dude who might as well be a masquerade was sadly hilarious.
His monster form looked like an Ultraman reject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom