• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Thunder Monkey
(04-12-2012, 12:21 AM)

Originally Posted by EskimoJoe

Okay, random question, not really related to WiiU, but in the banner with all the GAF members in the hype train, what is that bear with the E3 bag? I remember it coming about, but for the life of me can't remember what it is. Haha

E3 bear.
BY2K
We will figure out the truth!

At E3.
IceDoesntHelp

Originally Posted by Sponge

You guys sure go through these threads fast!

I know, and with BurntPork back, it'll go 3x as fast.
Rösti

Originally Posted by Thunder Monkey

E3 bear.

Yes, it started here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432505
MatthewB92

Okay, random question, not really related to WiiU, but in the banner with all the GAF members in the hype train, what is that bear with the E3 bag? I remember it coming about, but for the life of me can't remember what it is. Haha

Not on my pc atm byt it's from E3 2010 I think. Forget why though.

Edit:I'm wrong.
Last edited by MatthewB92; 04-12-2012 at 12:24 AM.
AzaK
(04-12-2012, 12:22 AM)

Originally Posted by TheGreatMightyPoo

3 day all expense paid trip to play Scrabble with Bill Trinen.

And it's the Japanese version.
Sadist
(04-12-2012, 12:23 AM)
I don't have the original hypetrain image at my disposal guys. Sorry. But let's try to not come across as a bunch of crazy folk. It might be too late though :P

It's the E3 bear. When all the crates with goodies from the devs/pubs arrive at the LA convention center, the E3 Bear appears to have a look inside.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(04-12-2012, 12:23 AM)

Originally Posted by AzaK

And it's the Japanese version.

I like your new avatar.. but what is that thing?

Also:
Nilaul
(04-12-2012, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

When the hell did that happen? Was I sleeping?

You crashed somewhere here; it seems that the train was there for ages (the rust, sand, graffiti, no windows)

Anth0ny
(04-12-2012, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I say we start with predictions. It'll be fun to see where the community was at this point in time.

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

$300
November 18
New Super Mario Bros Mii
2x Xbox 360 (Dreamcast to Xbox 360's N64)
Retro Zelda (I'm still on the bandwagon, baby)
ismk
Seriously guys? The 4th forum on Wii U speculation? You all need to calm down and just wait til June.
I Stalk Alone
When E3 comes we will be at around 100,000 posts and just starting the sixth thread. Just think that it won't be until we get to 100,000 posts that we actually get the important details and only then will the thread truly explode.
Terrell
Seriously? 4 pages of this new thread and most of it is just discussing the old thread.

If you want to discuss something, how about discussing how Vita's sub-10k sales in Japan this week and thus its imminent declaration as a failure for the 2nd time in a row for Sony (3rd if you include the PSP) will impact the PS4 and, therefore, how it impacts WiiU spec expectations when one powerhouse will likely need to play as conservatively as humanly possible.
relaxor
what?
(04-12-2012, 12:26 AM)
Whats up homies. I've posted in all these threads, wouldn't want to miss out.

I see some vaguely new stuff in the OP, interesting...
MatthewB92
(04-12-2012, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Terrell

Seriously? 4 pages of this new thread and most of it is just discussing the old thread.

If you want to discuss something, how about discussing how Vita's sub-10k sales in Japan this week and thus its imminent declaration as a failure for the 2nd time in a row for Sony (3rd if you include the PSP) will impact the PS4 and, therefore, how it impacts WiiU spec expectations when one powerhouse will likely need to play as conservatively as humanly possible.

But that would be off topic.
Sadist

Originally Posted by I Stalk Alone

When E3 comes we will be at around 100,000 posts and just starting the sixth thread. Just think that it won't be until we get to 100,000 posts that we actually get the important details and only then will the thread truly explode.

By then we won't need a speculation thread anymore. It's going to be a crazy 54 days.
v1oz
How big of a deal is the lack of 1T-SRAM? I'd like to believe that the SRAM would have given an edge in performance because of the low latency compared to DRAM.
AzaK

Also:

Thanks. It's little ole Sigmund from my childhood TV watching days. In fact to this day I enjoy that show :)

Actually, I admit that's a self portrait of how I look after living through 3 threads while all the time actually having a Wii U in my possession.
Last edited by AzaK; 04-12-2012 at 12:30 AM.
HylianTom
(04-12-2012, 12:28 AM)

Well, without getting too giddy.. it bodes well for Nintendo's prospects in this upcoming generation insofar as getting third party support is concerned.

If Sony goes the more modest, sustainable route with its hardware choices, then it seems like Sony and Nintendo will have their power on one tier, and Microsoft will have its power on another tier. With this configuration, third parties can't afford to write-off two so-called "weak" consoles; had Sony gone with a more powerful console, third parties could have targeted that upper tier and left Nintendo in the dust, much like what happened with the Wii.

Originally Posted by AzaK

It's little ole Sigmund from my childhood TV watching days. In fact to this day I enjoy that show :)

Ahh.. Sigmund. I thought so. A Sid and Marty Kroft creation, if I recall correctly.
(there I go showing my age again..)
Last edited by HylianTom; 04-12-2012 at 12:32 AM.
weird
If actual leaks happen (prior to e3) we will need daily speculation threads.
Terrell

Originally Posted by MatthewB92

But that would be off topic.

And having 4 pages with no discussion of the console the thread is named for isn't? At least talking about PS4 spec modesty and how it impacts WiiU perceptions is TANGENTIALLY related.
Nilaul

Originally Posted by I Stalk Alone

O please... Understatement that is. HylianTom alone will top 100,000 posts.
MatthewB92
(04-12-2012, 12:29 AM)

And having 4 pages with no discussion of the console the thread is named for isn't? At least talking about PS4 spec modesty and how it impacts WiiU perceptions is TANGENTIALLY related.

Yes.
LuFel
(04-12-2012, 12:30 AM)
can´t wait for E3...
Mithos
Didn't SquareEnix/CrystalDynamics say no Tomb Raider at this point too?
Sadist

The PSP was pretty relevant wasn't it? It took a while longer for it to take off. And I don't know... the console space in Japan is pretty borked at this point. I mean, we had FF XIII-2 and One Piece Musou as the most relevant consoles releases. I wonder how the Japanese development community will react to the Wii U. Except for Kojima Productions offcourse.

Originally Posted by Mithos

Yup. And no Project Ogre for Kojima Productions. And no BioShock Infinite.
MatthewB92
(04-12-2012, 12:31 AM)

Didn't SquareEnix/CrystalDynamics say no tomb Raider at this point too?

They gave the whole "We want to bring a new game to the system not port this one bleh bleh bleh".
weird
(04-12-2012, 12:31 AM)

They said. Yes... But why miss out on an easy port?
Nilaul
(04-12-2012, 12:33 AM)

Its not like were missing out on anything, I cant remember the last Tomb raider that was good.
Terrell
(04-12-2012, 12:33 AM)

Well, without getting too giddy.. it bodes well for Nintendo's prospects in this upcoming generation insofar as getting third party support is concerned.

If Sony goes the more modest, sustainable route with its hardware choices, then it seems like Sony and Nintendo will have their power on one tier, and Microsoft will have its power on another tier. With this configuration, third parties can't afford to write-off two weak consoles; had Sony gone with a more powerful console, third parties could have targeted that upper tier and left Nintendo in the dust, much like what happened with the Wii.

And not to spook anyone, but things continue to line up with my prognosis for the future of the upcoming generation...

West-East developer divide based on platform
One entrant being excised from the industry (but despite the Sony situation, a modest console could save them and push MS out of the picture, or vice versa)
A return to power of 3 wildly different pieces of console hardware ala PS2/GCN/Xbox with the first mover advantage making the difference

.... it's kinda creepy how it's all falling into line.
IceDoesntHelp
(04-12-2012, 12:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Nilaul

You crashed somewhere here; it seems that the train was there for ages (the rust, sand, graffiti, no windows)

Didn't know there was a desert in Korea..hmm
AzaK
(04-12-2012, 12:35 AM)

Ahh.. Sigmund. I thought so. A Sid and Marty Kroft creation, if I recall correctly.
(there I go showing my age again..)

Yeah Sid and Marty Kroft. One of the few "entities" in this world that proved copious amounts of drugs can actually create good in this world.

Originally Posted by Sadist

The PSP was pretty relevant wasn't it? It took a while longer for it to take off. And I don't know... the console space in Japan is pretty borked at this point. I mean, we had FF XIII-2 and One Piece Musou as the most relevant consoles releases. I wonder how the Japanese development community will react to the Wii U. Except for Kojima Productions offcourse.

Is it what! The Wii itself is now moving at a snails pace (7k this week) and is only at 12 mill whereas the PS2 is nearly at 22. Sure it's had all those other years to get there but at it's own slow pace I guess the majority of that was in it's heyday. There's lots of potential customers for Wii still but they're not buying.

And not to spook anyone, but things continue to line up with my prognosis for the future of the upcoming generation...

One entrant being excised from the industry (but despite the Sony situation, a modest console could save them and push MS out of the picture, or vice versa)
A return to power of 3 wildly different pieces of console hardware ala PS2/GCN/Xbox with the first mover advantage making the difference

Were you the one suggesting that Wii U would become the Eastern developer's platform of choice? I really hope not because I'm so looking forward to all those core western franchises.
Cow Mengde
(04-12-2012, 12:36 AM)
What the fuck?
HylianTom
(04-12-2012, 12:36 AM)

One entrant being excised from the industry (but despite the Sony situation, a modest console could save them and push MS out of the picture)
A return to power of 3 wildly different pieces of console hardware ala PS2/GCN/Xbox

This place is going to be incredible to be around should one of the big three ever exit. Holy crap. That's the kind of earthquake that would be bigger than Sega exiting. It'd be the equivalent of the poles shifting.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this generation pans-out. I'm still somewhat convinced that Iwata sees priority #1 as safely steering Nintendo through this "financially transitional" period for the industry.
Nilaul
(04-12-2012, 12:37 AM)

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

Didn't know there was a desert in Korea..hmm

Blame Shepard from ME3, he screwed up.
TheGreatMightyPoo
(04-12-2012, 12:38 AM)

Also:

Mark Rein confronting Reggie after they downgraded development kits???
Sadist
(04-12-2012, 12:39 AM)
You really think that Sony has the power to push MS out of the market? The way I see it, MS made some major steps with the Xbox brand this gen especially in the US. If the rumours are true about an all purpose Xbox, I expect it to be the top dog in America.

Nintendo and Sony are both wildcards in the next few years.
IceDoesntHelp
(04-12-2012, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Nilaul

Blame Shepard from ME3, he screwed up.

I...don't get it.

Originally Posted by Cow Mengde

What the fuck?

What?
HylianTom
(04-12-2012, 12:40 AM)

You really think that Sony has the power to push MS out of the market? The way I see it, MS made some major steps with the Xbox brand this gen especially in the US. If the rumours are true about a all purpose Xbox, I expect it to be the top dog in America.

Nintendo and Sony are both wildcards in the next few years.

I think Microsoft is as indestructible as a console maker can ever get. The only thing that could ever stop Microsoft at this point is Microsoft.. its investors, to be more specific.
AceBandage
Banned
(04-12-2012, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Thunder Monkey

Right now Aces ass is on the line.

*licks lips*

I'm both repulsed and highly aroused...
IceDoesntHelp
(04-12-2012, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by weird

They said. Yes... But why miss out on an easy port?

Wii U is obviously not strong enough.
Christine
(04-12-2012, 12:43 AM)

Whatever Vita's long-term prospects, it's outright impossible for it to command the Japanese development resources at U's launch that PSP did prior to Wii's launch.

Granted, the budget tiers are a little different this time around.
MatthewB92
(04-12-2012, 12:43 AM)

I think Microsoft is as indestructible as a console maker can ever get. The only thing that could ever stop Microsoft at this point is Microsoft.. its investors, to be more specific.

Pretty much. Unless they lose a shit ton of money they will never leave the console race.
Sadist
(04-12-2012, 12:44 AM)

Yup. They've built strong ties with third party developers regarding the development process of the 360, development of games, online stuff and more. The chances of them bailing out are slim to none I'd say.
Anth0ny
(04-12-2012, 12:44 AM)

Don't worry, all will be forgiven with the Final Fantasy Versus XIII (renamed Final Fantasy XV) for Wii U betrayalton at E3.
HylianTom
(04-12-2012, 12:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Don't worry, all will be forgiven with the Final Fantasy Versus XIII (renamed Final Fantasy XV) for Wii U betrayalton at E3.

Honestly.. give me a percentage: what do you think the chances of such a thing are?

It'd be hysterical, but still.. so, so slim..
Plinko
Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(04-12-2012, 12:46 AM)

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

$349 (and a 3DS-like bomba launch with another Ambassador Program the following year)
November 18th, 2012
New Super Mario Bros Mii, Pikmin 3, Star Tropics Adventure
pi/2
GTA V at launch
MatthewB92

Honestly.. give me a percentage: what do you think the chances of such a thing are?

0.00000239%
AceBandage
Banned

The chances of Versus even being released are already close to 0.
BY2K

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

YOU WISH.