• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

zap
(04-26-2012, 07:00 AM)
2 Flag on Containment
1 Flag on Relic
BTB on Coagulation
Terminal, Headlong, Waterworks...

Man there were so many amazing maps in Halo 2!!
Computron
(04-26-2012, 07:01 AM)
We got a full BTB squad's worth of players getting the game now. Join the Fun!

Just reposing this so It has the top of this page and is seen by more people, not everyone can keep up with GAF:

I want to play Halo 2 With GAF.

What do you all think about this?

Would you be up for this?

Links:

Halo 2 Amazon

Wireless Controller Adapter

What we play depends on how many people participate and what we want to play. 

Does next weekend work for everyone or should I push it forward to allow for shipping time?

Like it says, if you want to participate, PM ME. 

If your considering it, PM me so I can get an estimate of how many of you there will be.

Any suggestions? Questions, about this or Halo 2 Vista?
Last edited by Computron; 04-26-2012 at 10:02 PM.
mastrbiggy
(04-26-2012, 07:03 AM)
I have a friend who might join that Halo 2 Vista play date, if you guys don't mind outsiders. He is good.

Also, since we have a HaloGaF montage thing already going, I thought a HaloGaf fail videos would be cool. If you guys are interested I would love to put it together, if there are enough people participating that is.

It would be similar in style to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P9uU6Id9z4, although I would put more than 30 minutes into making it and there would be a creative democracy.

Let me know.
Last edited by mastrbiggy; 04-26-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Computron
(04-26-2012, 07:06 AM)
Wonderful, once I get all the PMs I will send out for your GTags and invite for my lobby. All are welcome, except the flood, ew. All gross with their tentacles, nhuuuwww.
Homeboyd
(04-26-2012, 07:07 AM)
Stream the date plz
heckfu
Banned
(04-26-2012, 07:09 AM)
You're scheduling a play date on Cinco de Mayo?

Will be out drunk confirmed.
xxjuicesxx
(04-26-2012, 07:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

Stream the date plz

I could definitely put one up.
Computron
(04-26-2012, 07:11 AM)
SHIT, how did I not notice that. The Spanish are conspiring against me.

How about the next weekend? Saturday the 12th? That will give time for shipping as well?
Last edited by Computron; 04-26-2012 at 08:17 AM.
wwm0nkey
(04-26-2012, 07:12 AM)
So Halo 2 Vista day will be streamed? Awesome.

Also yeah next week is probably the best idea, gives time for the items to arrive to people.
xxjuicesxx
(04-26-2012, 07:13 AM)
Yea I have a vacation that whole week so anytime but Sunday.
Computron
(04-26-2012, 07:14 AM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

So Halo 2 Vista day will be streamed? Awesome.

Also yeah next week is probably the best idea, gives time for the items to arrive to people.

If anyone wants to, sure. I can't, don't wan to clog up my upload, I gotta host this shit. I'll see about getting a dedicated server. Already got one for other games.
Der Flatulator
(04-26-2012, 07:17 AM)

Originally Posted by CyReN

I see Wu.
[Wu pics]

And I see what you did there.
thezerofire
(04-26-2012, 07:23 AM)
is it possible not to get matched up with bad kids every game in Reach? All I'm doing is carrying
Computron
(04-26-2012, 07:29 AM)
Wen back to edit so the new tentative date is Saturday the 12th, how does that work? Gives people time to ship from amazon, practice, get some cheevos and get hammered on Cinco de Mayo.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-26-2012, 07:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Computron

Wen back to edit so the new tentative date is Saturday the 12th, how does that work? Gives people time to ship from amazon, practice, get some cheevos and get hammered on Cinco de Mayo.

Endlessly killing each other on International Nurses Day?

You heartless bastard.
CyReN
(04-26-2012, 07:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Der Flatulator

And I see what you did there.

I'm glad someone got that.
adamfedoruk
(04-26-2012, 07:36 AM)
I'd be down to play. I still need some achievements in Halo 2.
Franklinator
(04-26-2012, 07:42 AM)

Sounds good to me
Computron
(04-26-2012, 07:45 AM)

Originally Posted by adamfedoruk

I'd be down to play. I still need some achievements in Halo 2.

Don't forget to PM me.

For those of you who don't know, Halo 2 Vista comes with all the DLC and patches, PLUS TWO ALL NEW MAPS, both fit for assymetrical BTB.
wwm0nkey
(04-26-2012, 07:47 AM)

Don't forget to PM me.

For those of you who don't know, Halo 2 Vista comes with all the DLC and patches, PLUS TWO ALL NEW MAPS, both fit for assymetrical BTB.

Also no super jumping.
Kibbles
(04-26-2012, 08:02 AM)

Don't forget to PM me.

I've played H2V a bit, never got a chance to play on the 2 new maps lol... :(
Kuroyume
(04-26-2012, 08:09 AM)
I will not buy this game if the DMR isn't better than the BR in every single way. No reason why the DMR should not br as good as the BR in mid range combat.
Tunavi
(04-26-2012, 08:09 AM)
How is the DRM for H2? Can I just bring the disk to my university and pop in and play?
Computron
(04-26-2012, 08:10 AM)
Both of them are actually pretty good. I love district, they tore half of it out of the second campaign level, like the courtyard section with the two hunters that break the doors down. Best idea ever.
Kibbles
(04-26-2012, 08:13 AM)

Both of them are actually pretty good. I love district, they tore half of it out of the second campaign level, like the courtyard section with the two hunters that break the doors down. Best idea ever.

Actually I have played a game on that map before, I remember that part and the parking structure. I used a wired controller before but that broke so yesterday I ordered that knockoff wireless sync posted here. It should be here on Friday, I'll be on H2V then.
Computron
(04-26-2012, 08:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Tunavi

How is the DRM for H2? Can I just bring the disk to my university and pop in and play?

You still have to install it IIRC, so you're not going to be able to use it like a portable (in the software sense of the word) game. Tray and play allows you to play it immediately after you put it in your system while you install it in the background though.
Computron
(04-26-2012, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Kibbles

Actually I have played a game on that map before, I remember that part and the parking structure. I used a wired controller before but that broke so yesterday I ordered that knockoff wireless sync posted here. It should be here on Friday, I'll be on H2V then.

what knockoff? Thats an official Microsoft accessory.
bobs...onGaf
(04-26-2012, 08:25 AM)
Is there any way to make halo 2 vista work on xp? I would love to play it but don't want to upgrade my windows to do so i have another hard drive with vista so if I can find that I'll join in but it would be great to get the game working on xp

Edit; pretty jelous of people playing h4 already we need to watch out for frankies music and it use it As clues to find him it's an arg lol :p
daedalius
(04-26-2012, 08:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Kuroyume

I will not buy this game if the DMR isn't better than the BR in every single way. No reason why the DMR should not br as good as the BR in mid range combat.

Well, you're out of luck.

They've said the DMR will win out at long range but will lose to the BR at mid-range. Weapons are balanced against each other at effective ranges. Although that's not to say a better player couldn't beat a BR user at mid-range with a DMR.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-26-2012, 08:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Kuroyume

No reason why the DMR should not br as good as the BR in mid range combat.

A slower rate of fire seems like a pretty good reason.
wwm0nkey
(04-26-2012, 08:37 AM)
Halo 2 Vista doesnt work on Windows 8 preview. Now I cant even play next week :/
Kibbles
(04-26-2012, 08:37 AM)

No, yesterday someone posted a knockoff on amazon that had prime shipping some pages back. I hope it's the same as the official one :S
xxjuicesxx
(04-26-2012, 08:49 AM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

Halo 2 Vista doesnt work on Windows 8 preview. Now I cant even play next week :/

Try running it in compatibility modes?

Last edited by xxjuicesxx; 04-26-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(04-26-2012, 08:51 AM)

Very nice accessory too. I just sold mine though. It's k though, I have a wired controller.
But no H2V
mastrbiggy
(04-26-2012, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

Very nice accessory too. I just sold mine though. It's k though, I have a wired controller.
But no H2V

U PLAY! BUYNAO!
Deputy Moonman
(04-26-2012, 09:00 AM)
There has been very little talk about the pistol for halo4. I'm very interested in hearing more info on it. The pistol in Reach would have been an excellent alternative or at least a perfectly viable alternative to the DMR, and AR for that matter, if it had only been given a larger clip. So i'm really hoping that the pistol isn't a pile of crap come November. Thoughts?
zap
(04-26-2012, 09:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Deputy Moonman

There has been very little talk about the pistol for halo4. I'm very interested in hearing more info on it. The pistol in Reach would have been an excellent alternative or at least a perfectly viable alternative to the DMR, and AR for that matter, if it had only been given a larger clip. So i'm really hoping that the pistol isn't a pile of crap come November. Thoughts?

We can choose our weapons. BR or DMR (or both?) means no-one is too worried.
thezerofire
(04-26-2012, 09:04 AM)
is it really too much to ask for teammates who don't go negative? Is knowing how to shoot someone in this game really that rare of a quality? good lord.
kittens
(04-26-2012, 09:05 AM)

You mean the pistols?

BELIEVE.
mastrbiggy
(04-26-2012, 09:11 AM)

Originally Posted by thezerofire

is it really too much to ask for teammates who don't go negative? Is knowing how to shoot someone in this game really that rare of a quality? good lord.

I hardly ever play alone anymore. Playing with randoms never really bothered me but I always find myself enjoying the game more with known teammates.

It is like a whole different game at that point.

Originally Posted by kittens

You mean the pistols?

BELIEVE.

DUAL WIELD?!?!?!?!

Actually, I've been wondering. Where do you guys stand on dual wielding?

Heh, I meant I think there will probably be more than one human pistol.

I know, but just imagine two Reach like pistols. OP.
Last edited by mastrbiggy; 04-26-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Steelyuhas
(04-26-2012, 09:13 AM)

Curious to see what they do with it. Considering that will be picking our weapons, and DMR and BR are in the game, I'm assuming the Pistol is a secondary weapon. If it is, it will be interesting to see how they differentiate it from the DMR/BR besides just being shittier, and if it isn't a secondary, but a primary loadout weapon, then it will be very interesting to see what they've done with it.
kittens
(04-26-2012, 09:18 AM)

Originally Posted by mastrbiggy

DUAL WIELD?!?!?!?!

Heh, I meant I think there will probably be more than one human pistol.
Deputy Moonman
(04-26-2012, 09:29 AM)

Originally Posted by zap

We can choose our weapons. BR or DMR (or both?) means no-one is too worried.

I'm not really worried about the BR or the DMR. If 343 wants there to be no single dominant weapon, I think they will at least try to make the pistol halfway decent. But I just like the pistol as a weapon in general. Gunslinging is the best. So as long as it's not completely gimped, I'm sure I'll be using it a lot.

You mean the pistols?

BELIEVE.

Haha. I don't mind dual-wielding, but it would mean the pistol by itself isn't very strong. That would make me sad. [EDIT] Just saw you clarify your post. Good call. I'd love to see more than one version, personally.

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Curious to see what they do with it. Considering that will be picking our weapons, and DMR and BR are in the game, I'm assuming the Pistol is a secondary weapon. If it is, it will be interesting to see how they differentiate it from the DMR/BR besides just being shittier, and if it isn't a secondary, but a primary loadout weapon, then it will be very interesting to see what they've done with it.

I can see it being more effective at close range, and adequate at medium range assuming the wielder has a little bit of skill. As much as I'd love to see it beefed up enough to serve as a primary weapon, I'm guessing 343 won't do that. So then it will probably come down to how much range they want it to have and how powerful they want it to be at close to medium range. As long as it can counter the AR, I suppose I can live with that.
wwm0nkey
(04-26-2012, 09:29 AM)

Originally Posted by xxjuicesxx

Try running it in compatibility modes?

Wont work, its like its eating up my CPU usage which causes the game to get all sorts of fucked up.
mastrbiggy
(04-26-2012, 09:37 AM)

Originally Posted by CyReN

Which is amazing, I'd love to see matches have the option for both for competitive play. Granted the Carbine/Needle Rifle have been there in the past but these 2 will be a lot better and closer from what's been said.

Team DMR 4life

Last edited by mastrbiggy; 04-26-2012 at 09:48 AM.
thezerofire
(04-26-2012, 09:51 AM)
that new DMR looks so good
blamite
(04-26-2012, 10:02 AM)
Just noticed the new UNSC logo from that Infinity concept art is on the side of the DMR. I kind of hope that's not final, we've gotten so used to the current logo over the years, and it seems like a strange thing to change just for the sake of changing it.
zap
(04-26-2012, 10:36 AM)
Just decided to pop Halo 2 PC in, get on a server with the Suddoth kids (if it's them - SUDDOTH 1 and SUDDOTH 2?) haha.

But damn, I forgot how good Halo 2 felt (even with a bad connection).
monome
(04-26-2012, 10:39 AM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

*Wakes up, sees pictures with people playing Halo 4 multi and feels depressed.*

ElzarTheBam
(04-26-2012, 10:39 AM)
Wu got to play H4? This is awesome news, can't wait to hear his thoughts on it.
Last edited by ElzarTheBam; 04-26-2012 at 10:46 AM.