StalkerUKCG
(04-26-2012, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

""It tastes salty, m'lord."
Computron
(04-26-2012, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by kylej

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR2UXmTGK4M

LOL. Find out what happens on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z.
Blue Ninja
(04-26-2012, 11:33 PM)
Stinkles is turning more and more into HaloGaf's Uncle Dolan.

I approve.
Last edited by Blue Ninja; 04-26-2012 at 11:39 PM.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-26-2012, 11:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Blue Ninja

Stinkles is turning more and more into HaloGaf's Uncle Dolan.
I approve.

I think he's hiding something.
Blue Ninja
(04-26-2012, 11:39 PM)
I don't want no crouchin' on my stinkin' B-button, though. B's for bashin', that's why it's called B.

Give me a scheme like Halo 3 and let me put my armor ability on X or something. Keep Sprint on the Left Bumper. Real men use Recon and all that.
Sai-kun
(04-26-2012, 11:41 PM)
sorry to be an annoying nerd and repost this but

Originally Posted by Sai-kun

so stalker and i were talking today while (not) playing and he convinced me to go looking for flights to PAX....so my question is, how much do hotels/a place to stay (that are near the con center) cost? Flying out to seatac from chicago and back is around $450 from what I found in a quick search, might be able to find something cheaper but I'm not sure. Either way it's a bit pricey with just that. I'd also need to (obviously) get a pass for the con, and I don't know how much that is.

Thanks in advance for any tips/help :)

Also, the con probably wraps up early on Sunday, right? So I should be look for a flight back on that day, and not monday, correct?
ElzarTheBam
(04-26-2012, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Blue Ninja

I don't want no crouchin' on my stinkin' B-button, though. B's for bashin', that's why it's called B.

Give me a scheme like Halo 3 and let me put my armor ability on X or something. Keep Sprint on the Left Bumper. Real men use Recon and all that.

Real men do use recon.
CyReN
(04-26-2012, 11:45 PM)
We have the best slides ever.

StalkerUKCG
(04-26-2012, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by CyReN

They should be hyperlinked images

Also, the con probably wraps up early on Sunday, right? So I should be look for a flight back on that day, and not monday, correct?

Annoying Nerd.

3Deep with homeboyd
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
Those slides, WHY CAN'T I CLICK ON THEM
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre

I always fly back on the Monday, it's usually cheaper if I leave on Monday (early) than on Sunday.

But I also wait a while before getting tickets, since I can get them cheaper when they're getting desperate to finish filling up a flight.

Hotels next to the center run around 150-180 a night, I think, but it also depends on how willing you are to room share.
CyReN
(04-26-2012, 11:47 PM)
There.
StalkerUKCG
(04-26-2012, 11:47 PM)

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

I always fly back on the Monday, it's usually cheaper if I leave on Monday (early) than on Sunday.

But I also wait a while before getting tickets, since I can get them cheaper when they're getting desperate to finish filling up a flight.

Super risky from the UK thou right?

There.

Fuck what an awesome site, its getting put on my bookmark tool bar
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-26-2012, 11:49 PM)

BR is 5-shot with recoil
DMR has bloom, 5 shot kill
Pistol has bloom, 6 shots kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

I'm not aware of the difficulties flying out international. I guess it could be riskier to wait, I'd probably try to find someone that's flown from the UK.

I bought my plane tickets something like 3 weeks before PAX last year. From Omaha -> Minnesota -> Seattle then Seattle -> Salt Lake City -> Omaha was 340$ for me. If I had bought them a week earlier it would have been 450$. I usually try to wait until a month out
Kuroyume
Bloom? Are you serious? And if the DMR has bloom and not the BR then the DMR should be a 4 shot not 5 weapon.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-26-2012, 11:52 PM)

The DMR was single shot with bloom. However, the bloom reset much faster than the DMR in Halo Reach. I didn't have to pace my shots much at all. Both the DMR and BR were 5-shot weapons in this build. At the end of the night, I preferred the DMR. It shot faster than the BR, took the same amount of shots to kill, and I didn't feel like the bloom made me miss shots all that often.

Bow down to your DMR overlord, team BR BK.
ElzarTheBam
(04-26-2012, 11:52 PM)

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Can be expensive depending on which airline you deal with, please stay away from shitty Ryan air.
feel
(04-26-2012, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

If this gif is the result of Letters posting, I can't say I want him to quit.

Ppfftt.. :/
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-26-2012, 11:54 PM)

Magnum also had bloom and was very similar to Halo Reach. It could be shot very fast, but the bloom would make it very inaccurate. It had 8 bullets in the clip and was a 6-shot kill.

Please extend clip to 12 if 6 shot kill.

Originally Posted by Letters

Ppfftt.. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
heckfu
Banned
(04-26-2012, 11:56 PM)
It's been too long since why you heff to be mad has come back. Thank you based Plylock.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-26-2012, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by heckfu

It's been too long since why you heff to be mad has come back. Thank you based Plylock.

GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(04-27-2012, 12:03 AM)

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

Ha. Just got back from applying for my passport and stopped by the store.. came home to show the change I got, and saw you did it too. 343: Change we can believe in?

Also, I didn't know they took your actual birth certificate when you apply for a passport. I feel so.. undocumented right now.

Where do you live? I haven't seen a Hy-Vee since I left Iowa. My wife used to work at one.

Read as Hands On Louis Wu. Felt conflicted.
xxjuicesxx
(04-27-2012, 12:05 AM)
I release a lot of shipments to Hy-Vee.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(04-27-2012, 12:08 AM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

:lol
zap
(04-27-2012, 12:10 AM)

He felt conflicted? What does conflicted feel like?

sorry
MrGreencastle
(04-27-2012, 12:10 AM)
Hologram is interesting. I like the idea of messing with players using it. However, it rarely does...

I think the hologram should display the GT of the person who deployed it, and that it should only take half of the "energy" to deploy one.

The rest of the energy could be used to confuse the enemy even further. I'm thinking... after you deploy a hologram, tap the bumper again to have to hologram "fake shoot" in that it looks and sounds like it's shooting the weapon you had, but it doesn't damage anyone.

I don't know, maybe that's silly. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-27-2012, 12:11 AM)
Okay so conflicting reports on the DMR:

However, the bloom reset much faster than the DMR in Halo Reach. I didn't have to pace my shots much at all. Both the DMR and BR were 5-shot weapons in this build. At the end of the night, I preferred the DMR. It shot faster than the BR, took the same amount of shots to kill, and I didn't feel like the bloom made me miss shots all that often.

Halo 4 DMR sounds SOOOO much better, to start with... and it seems more powerful (when I was getting hit, I felt more vulnerable), but it fires slower than Reach DMR.

Schmitty
(04-27-2012, 12:12 AM)
There is bloom in H4? Where have I been?
feel
(04-27-2012, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Plywood

different perks activated
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(04-27-2012, 12:13 AM)

Perhaps not a conflict. The first reads like a comparison to the Reach DMR optimal firing rate, once the reticule has fully reset. The second sounds like a comparison to the Reach DMR's maximum firing rate. I take that to mean, the locked firing rate of the Halo 4 DMR lies between the two.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(04-27-2012, 12:13 AM)

Well 343 said it fires slower than the Reach DMR at what I figured was max speed. However, I'm guessing it shoots faster than the Reach DMR full paced with bloom.
lybertyboy
Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
(04-27-2012, 12:14 AM)

Those statements (as I read them) are not in conflict.
Steelyuhas
(04-27-2012, 12:14 AM)

I would assume one person was comparing to zero bloom max ROF of the DMR to the ROF of full vanilla bloom reset.

So Halo 4 DMR fires faster than Reach's full bloom reset, but slower than Reach's max DMR ROF.

EDIT: Beaten
Franklinator
(04-27-2012, 12:15 AM)

Perhaps not a conflict. The first reads like a comparison to the Reach DMR optimal firing rate, once the reticule has fully reset. The second sounds like a comparison to the Reach DMR's maximum firing rate. I take that to mean, the locked firing rate of the Halo 4 DMR lies between the two.

That's what I'm getting out of it.
CyReN

Where do you live? I haven't seen a Hy-Vee since I left Iowa. My wife used to work at one.

I knew that would happen lol.
MrGreencastle

I thought so, too. If the DMR fires slower, but has the same (or faster) reticle bloom reset, then surely the bloom would seem like it doesn't effect shooting as much.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-27-2012, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Letters

different perks activated

oh you

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

Well 343 said it fires slower than the Reach DMR at what I figured was max speed. However, I'm guessing it shoots faster than the Reach DMR full paced with bloom.

Originally Posted by lybertyboy

Those statements (as I read them) are not in conflict.

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

I would assume one person was comparing to zero bloom max ROF of the DMR to the ROF of full vanilla bloom reset.

So Halo 4 DMR fires faster than Reach's full bloom reset, but slower than Reach's max DMR ROF.

EDIT: Beaten

Okay, makes sense now.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-27-2012, 12:18 AM)
Hey 343, feel free to drop me a line if you ever need super secret Spartan Ops testers.

I'm both a 34th degree Freemason, Greater Poop of the Paratheoanametamystickhood of Eris Esoteric as well as a Master Chopper in the Woodcutters guild.

I've also killed a man with my bare hands.
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(04-27-2012, 12:19 AM)
I'm going to put out a possibility:

The Halo 4 DMR does not feature bloom. However, the reticule expands upon firing and resets fully in lockstep with the fixed firing rate, the same way the Reach sniper rifle 'bloom' works. In that sense it's not so much bloom as a visual signal for when the next shot can be fired.

That might explain why people felt bloom was in, but didn't notice it affecting their play.

VVV

Originally Posted by Karl2177

I'm gonna guess Omaha, or at least that's where the hyvee was. ;p

Oh, duh. The address is right there. :lol
Karl2177
(04-27-2012, 12:19 AM)

I'm gonna guess Omaha, or at least that's where the hyvee was. ;p
The Henery
(04-27-2012, 12:20 AM)
I thought they'd avoid bloom like the plague after the reaction to it in Reach. Brave of them to use it again.

The Halo 4 DMR does not feature bloom. However, the reticule expands upon firing and resets fully in lockstep with the fixed firing rate, the same way the Reach sniper rifle 'bloom' works. In that sense it's not so much bloom as a visual signal for when the next shot can be fired.

That might explain why people felt bloom was in, but didn't notice it affecting their play.

I'd prefer that to be the case but, as with the Reach sniper visual bloom, it's completely pointless.

Please be no blooming reticle on the Halo 4 sniper.
Last edited by The Henery; 04-27-2012 at 12:22 AM.
heckfu
Banned
(04-27-2012, 12:20 AM)
I hear with every ticket you purchase to see the Beach Boys, Ellis gives you a free pass to the H4 beta.

See you boys on the other side.
ElzarTheBam
(04-27-2012, 12:21 AM)

Originally Posted by heckfu

I hear with every ticket you purchase to see the Beach Boys, Ellis gives you a free pass to the H4 beta.

See you boys on the other side.

What is it with you and boys?
zap
(04-27-2012, 12:21 AM)

Yeah that was my impression (see this from the previous page).

Originally Posted by zap

Judging from Killa KC's imnpressions, I would say that the DMR bloom is more like the bloom on the Sniper in Reach - doesn't affect your shots, just tells you when to next pull the trigger. A visual aid to get the timing right (correct me if I am wrong Frankie).

PsychoWARD23
(04-27-2012, 12:23 AM)
lol, they changed the name of Forerunner Vision? The internet can be influencing thing
Kibbles
^Hopefully Spartan Points and Spartan Ops are next.
Last edited by Kibbles; 04-27-2012 at 12:26 AM.
ElzarTheBam

Originally Posted by PsychoWARD23

lol, they changed the name of Forerunner Vision? The internet can be influencing thing

In all honesty, it still sounds bad. The name that is.
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(04-27-2012, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by zap

Yeah that was my impression (see this from the previous page).

I haven't caught up on posts from my commute home, so I missed that post. I strongly suspect this is the case and there's much ado about nothing afoot.
heckfu
Banned
(04-27-2012, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

What is it with you and boys?

What is it with you and pedantic gay jokes?