• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2012, 11:51 AM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zeouterlimits

The WiiU stuff is boring, but the game looks amazing.

The Wii U interests me very little, however that controller will be awesome used as a motion tracker in that colonial marines game.
Last edited by ElzarTheBam; 04-27-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Zeouterlimits
Member
(04-27-2012, 11:52 AM)
Zeouterlimits's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

The Wii U interests me very little, however that controller will be awesome used as a motion tracker in than colonial marines game.

Oh yes, I was purely referring to moving the platforms in Legends.
TheOddOne
Member
(04-27-2012, 11:53 AM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deputy Moonman

It's another gimmick. Let's hope microsoft doesn't try and introduce a controller with a touchscreen on it. I just see something that will disrupt immersion in a game.

You're going through game with fluid controls, completely absorbed in the game. STOP! Have to use touch screen for a second. GO! Try and get back into game.

It's completely unnecessary just like motion controls.

The magic crystal ball says: maby.
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2012, 11:57 AM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zeouterlimits

Oh yes, I was purely referring to moving the platforms in Legends.

You should check out Rayman on the 360, you would like a lot, art style and music like you don't often see these days.
Franklinator
Member
(04-27-2012, 11:58 AM)
Franklinator's Avatar
Yeah, Rayman Origins is awesome. Have yet to finish it though.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(04-27-2012, 11:59 AM)
Tashi's Avatar
I'm sorry but sign me up for Nintendo flagship first party all day. Any other good games are just bonus to me.
Zeouterlimits
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:01 PM)
Zeouterlimits's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

You should check out Rayman on the 360, you would like a lot, art style and music like you don't often see these days.

:-D Already have it. Love it.
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:04 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Franklinator

Yeah, Rayman Origins is awesome. Have yet to finish it though.

Finish it...right now!

Originally Posted by Zeouterlimits

:-D Already have it. Love it.

Excellent, good to hear. : )

See if you can rub some of that good taste unto Zalin. :P
Zeouterlimits
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:06 PM)
Zeouterlimits's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

See if you can rub some of that good taste unto Zalin. :P

There's no saving some people. :p
wwm0nkey
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:06 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deputy Moonman

It's another gimmick. Let's hope microsoft doesn't try and introduce a controller with a touchscreen on it. I just see something that will disrupt immersion in a game.

You're going through game with fluid controls, completely absorbed in the game. STOP! Have to use touch screen for a second. GO! Try and get back into game.

It's completely unnecessary just like motion controls.

It can be used for good gameplay additions though. Ghost Recon on WiiU uses it for the Drone so you can still play as a solider while piloting the drone too.

Battlefield 3 could use it for Commander Mode while still having the ability to play

Makes Hard Core RTS games on console possible.

Makes DOTA games on console possible

Waypoints ATLAS system could be used for it

list kind of goes on.

Think about the applications before going "lol tablet gimmick"


EDIT: Also I tried out the controller at E3, that thing is amazing comfortable, fits very nicely in your hands.
Last edited by wwm0nkey; 04-27-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Franklinator
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:19 PM)
Franklinator's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

Finish it...right now!

Will do...tomorrow! It's like 5 in the morning right now, haha. And I don't know why I'm awake.

And I remember correctly, my nephew and I have made it to the third world so far. So we're probably about half-way through, right?
Gui_PT
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:25 PM)
Gui_PT's Avatar
I like how everyone stopped freaking out once the saw that campaign image
MrGreencastle
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:31 PM)
MrGreencastle's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

It can be used for good gameplay additions though. Ghost Recon on WiiU uses it for the Drone so you can still play as a solider while piloting the drone too.

Battlefield 3 could use it for Commander Mode while still having the ability to play

Makes Hard Core RTS games on console possible.

Makes DOTA games on console possible

Waypoints ATLAS system could be used for it

list kind of goes on.

Think about the applications before going "lol tablet gimmick"


EDIT: Also I tried out the controller at E3, that thing is amazing comfortable, fits very nicely in your hands.

At least someone has an imagination here. ;)


Originally Posted by Gui_PT

I like how everyone stopped freaking out once the saw that campaign image

WHAT IS THIS?! COD?! HALO SMELLS LIKE FISH NOW!!! 343 ARE RETARDED, 5SK BR LKADFHNOSFN

huh? campaign shot? preeeeeeeeeetty!

<3 u freddie n gang
Deputy Moonman
(04-27-2012, 12:40 PM)
Deputy Moonman's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

It can be used for good gameplay additions though. Ghost Recon on WiiU uses it for the Drone so you can still play as a solider while piloting the drone too.

Battlefield 3 could use it for Commander Mode while still having the ability to play

Makes Hard Core RTS games on console possible.

Makes DOTA games on console possible

Waypoints ATLAS system could be used for it

list kind of goes on.

Think about the applications before going "lol tablet gimmick"


EDIT: Also I tried out the controller at E3, that thing is amazing comfortable, fits very nicely in your hands.

My opinion has nothing to do with it being like a tablet, though. I used game immersion as an example. I've been annoyed with Nintendo since the Gamecube and the Gameboy Advance connectivity crap. Then it was motion controls with the Wii. Now it's a touchscreen controller. I just don't share the same optimism for what it can bring to games. I also see it increasing the price of the WiiU by a significant amount.

Originally Posted by Gui_PT

I like how everyone stopped freaking out once the saw that campaign image

Psh! not me lol :)
ZalinKrow
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:43 PM)
ZalinKrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

See if you can rub some of that good taste unto Zalin. :P

Hey, I'd love that game! I just have plenty of other games to be playin' and work to be doin' :P
wwm0nkey
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:44 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deputy Moonman

My opinion has nothing to do with it being like a tablet, though. I used game immersion as an example. I've been annoyed with Nintendo since the Gamecube and the Gameboy Advance connectivity crap. Then it was motion controls with the Wii. Now it's a touchscreen controller. I just don't share the same optimism for what it can bring to games. I also see it increasing the price of the WiiU by a significant amount.

Psh! not me lol :)

Well its really all on the devs if they use the controller as a gimmick or for good gameplay ideas.
TheOddOne
Member
(04-27-2012, 12:46 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar
We love you Jesse Snyder.

*He reads this from the 343 offices going "Dude, that is creepy"*
Deputy Moonman
(04-27-2012, 12:48 PM)
Deputy Moonman's Avatar
I would just like to take this opportunity to say that the Chargers got a heck of a pick at 18. Looking forward to seeing Melvin Ingram harass Peyton Manning.

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

Well its really all on the devs if they use the controller as a gimmick or for good gameplay ideas.

That is totally true. I'm just being sour. nothing new lol
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:05 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Franklinator

Will do...tomorrow! It's like 5 in the morning right now, haha. And I don't know why I'm awake.

And I remember correctly, my nephew and I have made it to the third world so far. So we're probably about half-way through, right?

I don't know exactly, I haven't finished it yet either! :P

Originally Posted by ZalinKrow

Hey, I'd love that game! I just have plenty of other games to be playin' and work to be doin' :P

At least I know how to rile you up enough to get you to post here. <3
ZalinKrow
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:11 PM)
ZalinKrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

At least I know how to rile you up enough to get you to post here. <3

It's easier to post here when I've a mountain of work I should be doing :P

:/
MrGreencastle
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:28 PM)
MrGreencastle's Avatar
What do you guys think of a Forge mode along the lines of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDFvixF1zA&

?
wwm0nkey
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:28 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrGreencastle

What do you guys think of a Forge mode along the lines of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDFvixF1zA&

?

I just want something on the lines of the FarCry Map Maker, its not too much to ask for right?
Blueblur1
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:30 PM)
Blueblur1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Franklinator

Yeah, Rayman Origins is awesome. Have yet to finish it though.

I just bought it last week. Haven't played it yet.
MrGreencastle
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:32 PM)
MrGreencastle's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

I just want something on the lines of the FarCry Map Maker, its not too much to ask for right?

What about, when you start up Forge it asks you: Easy, Normal, or Heroic. (beginner, novice, expert, or whatever)

Easy: Portal 2-type isometric, simplistic view, with snaps, etc.

Normal: Standard Forge as we know it.

Heroic: Far Cry style, craziness.

--

Legendary: Bonkers PC-based client. I can dream.

Mythic: Might as well have the keys to 343i's dev-pit.

Ability to sell your maps to give Forgers a way to earn Spartan Points? I know that was talked about pre-Reach - but now that Spartan Points do more... it could be interesting to have a sort of "Halo Marketplace".
Last edited by MrGreencastle; 04-27-2012 at 01:39 PM.
TheOddOne
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:34 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar
I remember some Gaffer said that Corrine was really into Forge. I wonder how see looked at Forge, a complete revamp or more a progression.
wwm0nkey
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:38 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar
I still say a PC based client with a Creators Club approval process would be amazing.

Have a Halo Network where people can make maps and map packs if they really want too but if the map goes into MM it goes free.

Obviously have a FarCry based editor built in the game too and all maps based on that have to be free.


/Dreams
The Librarian
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
(04-27-2012, 01:38 PM)
The Librarian's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrGreencastle

What do you guys think of a Forge mode along the lines of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDFvixF1zA&

?

"...and NEVER cut corners. Well that's a corner cutting machine. We obviously cut them there."

Cave Johnson. Still great.
MrGreencastle
Member
(04-27-2012, 01:40 PM)
MrGreencastle's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

I still say a PC based client with a Creators Club approval process would be amazing.

Have a Halo Network where people can make maps and map packs if they really want too but if the map goes into MM it goes free.

Obviously have a FarCry based editor built in the game too and all maps based on that have to be free.


/Dreams

inb4 Halo becomes a platform, gets it's own "mApp Store".

--

Also, and this is wishing, and thinking really far ahead, I hope we can import our Forge maps into Halo 5. That would be uber-nice.
The Librarian
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
(04-27-2012, 01:54 PM)
The Librarian's Avatar
I really miss Portal 2's online marketing.

Aperture Investment Opportunity #3: "Turrets."
Aperture Investment Opportunity #4: "Boots."

"We fire the whole bullet. That's 65% more bullet per bullet."
J10
Banned
(04-27-2012, 02:04 PM)
J10's Avatar
LTTP

Just read the reports from yesterday's playtest. I have one question.

Do we at least still have to pull the trigger more than once?
MrGreencastle
Member
(04-27-2012, 02:15 PM)
MrGreencastle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dax01

I really miss Portal 2's online marketing.

Aperture Investment Opportunity #3: "Turrets."
Aperture Investment Opportunity #4: "Boots."

"We fire the whole bullet. That's 65% more bullet per bullet."

The marketing campaign for that game was brilliant. That character was brilliant. Still one of my favourite games. The atmosphere in the later levels made me feel something I haven't felt in many games ever.

Originally Posted by J10

LTTP

Just read the reports from yesterday's playtest. I have one question.

Do we at least still have to pull the trigger more than once?

Sarcasm?
WJD
Member
(04-27-2012, 02:30 PM)
WJD's Avatar

Originally Posted by J10

LTTP

Just read the reports from yesterday's playtest. I have one question.

Do we at least still have to pull the trigger more than once?

You have to pull it FIVE TIMES now.
kylej
Banned
(04-27-2012, 02:37 PM)
kylej's Avatar

Originally Posted by Letters

This Lemon dude knows what's up.

Please give this show a listen Frankie/David.

edit- everyone on the show knows what's up

Lemon's been waping up the MLG forums for years. I don't know why we get HBO and GameFAQs refugees but not that dude.

Dude's forum signature is

"This post was made in the sincere effort to make right the incalculable stupidity of the one before it.

If you never get any -rep, you're an opinionless, humorless idiot."

get that man over here
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2012, 02:43 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar
Usually, I don't like this kind of stuff, but this genuinely made me laugh in certain parts.

343 Industries discuss Halo 4 MP.
Overdoziz
Banned
(04-27-2012, 02:47 PM)

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

Usually, I don't like this kind of stuff, but this genuinely made me laugh in certain parts.

343 Industries discuss Halo 4 MP.

The Forger in me weeps.
TheOddOne
Member
(04-27-2012, 02:51 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

Usually, I don't like this kind of stuff, but this genuinely made me laugh in certain parts.

343 Industries discuss Halo 4 MP.

kylej
Banned
(04-27-2012, 02:52 PM)
kylej's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

Usually, I don't like this kind of stuff, but this genuinely made me laugh in certain parts.

343 Industries discuss Halo 4 MP.

"This is X-ray vision. This is 343 Industries pushing the envelope, all the way across the fucking rim"

oh man that's the only piece of machinima I've ever laughed at.



gold jerry. gold.
heckfu
Banned
(04-27-2012, 03:04 PM)
heckfu's Avatar
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER!

Last day of rotations, last day of shitty working in a rural area, last day of working for free for the school. Doctorate, here I come.
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:08 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by heckfu

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER!

Last day of rotations, last day of shitty working in a rural area, last day of working for free for the school. Doctorate, here I come.

Awesome.
Karl2177
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:09 PM)
Karl2177's Avatar

Originally Posted by heckfu

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER!

Last day of rotations, last day of shitty working in a rural area, last day of working for free for the school. Doctorate, here I come.

I still say you should change your Gamertag to Dr Heckfu.
Gui_PT
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:16 PM)
Gui_PT's Avatar
Adam Sandler doing voicework for Machinima now?
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:18 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gui_PT

Adam Sandler doing voicework for Machinima now?

It's the only work he could get.
Gui_PT
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:28 PM)
Gui_PT's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

It's the only work he could get.

He actually has a good scheme going on.

He makes 20 million a movie just for acting. Then he gets more for writing/directing it.
He hires all of his loser ex-snl friends so he pays them whatever he wants.

Let's not forget he gets a few million more for product placement. If you watch his movies, you'll notice they look like stupid commercials.

No matter how bad his movies are, his fans will always go watch them so he'll just keep making them.
Homeboyd
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Gui_PT

He actually has a good scheme going on.

He makes 20 million a movie just for acting. Then he gets more for writing/directing it.
He hires all of his loser ex-snl friends so he pays them whatever he wants.

Let's not forget he gets a few million more for product placement. If you watch his movies, you'll notice they look like stupid commercials.

No matter how bad his movies are, his fans will always go watch them so he'll just keep making them.

Not to mention the slew of unbelievably gorgeous women he gets as his co-stars.
Gui_PT
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:40 PM)
Gui_PT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

Not to mention the slew of unbelievably gorgeous women he gets as his co-stars.

Oh yeah that too. Especially when they barely do anything in the movie. They just stand around.

This is what I mean

Start at 6 minutes if the time tag doesn't work

Yes I hate Adam Sandler
EuropeOG
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:41 PM)
EuropeOG's Avatar
Homeboyd
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:42 PM)
:lol

*goes to Waypoint*
heckfu
Banned
(04-27-2012, 03:42 PM)
heckfu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karl2177

I still say you should change your Gamertag to Dr Heckfu.

If I'm ever feeling that vain I just might!
Gui_PT
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:42 PM)
Gui_PT's Avatar
Get out.

Leave and never return!
Zeouterlimits
Member
(04-27-2012, 03:43 PM)
Zeouterlimits's Avatar

Originally Posted by EuropeOG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V85il.jpg[IMG]

You actually had me for a second.

Thread Tools