• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Roommates... : Page 2
AKingNamedPaul
I am Homie
(04-15-2012, 09:07 PM)
AKingNamedPaul's Avatar

Originally Posted by rando14

Fantastic post.
ATF487
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:07 PM)
ATF487's Avatar
don't leave the note, but:

1) buy a dorm fridge
2) tell them not to eat your stuff or you'll compensate with a lower rent payment
3) start sabotaging food you leave in the shared pantry/fridge
lunchtoast
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:07 PM)
lunchtoast's Avatar
How long have you lived there, and how many people do you live with? Seems weird to have fridge problems with a roommate or two, but I've never lived with strangers.
Anteater
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:08 PM)
Anteater's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alligatorjandro

If I saw a note liie that I'd hump the persons pillow.I'd hump it hard.

I'd probably fart into your pillow five hundred times, you don't want to start that shit.
NoRéN
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:08 PM)
NoRéN's Avatar
See, OP. You can't date Devolution. You'll probably end up putting a similar note on her.
Invisible_Insane
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:09 PM)
Invisible_Insane's Avatar

Originally Posted by Timedog

How hard is it to not be an asshole? I'm about to put this on my shared fridge.

http://i.imgur.com/cxbAZ.jpg

Depends, are you actually going to put that on the fridge?
xxracerxx
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:10 PM)
xxracerxx's Avatar
What have they been eating?
Joe Shlabotnik
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:10 PM)
Joe Shlabotnik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loofy

I really dont get the concept of living with strangers.

I know you gotta split the costs and all but Id rather be super poor and struggling than have roommates I dont know. I know a single mother living in a small condo with her 6 year old daughter, and she has a car. If she can do it so can you.

And some people would rather deal with the horror and pain of someone eating their food out of the refrigerator in a nice apartment while saving money than be poor and struggling.
Loofy
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:11 PM)
Loofy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joe Shlabotnik

And some people would rather deal with the horror and pain of someone eating their food out of the refrigerator in a nice apartment while saving money than be poor and struggling.

Id rather live with my parents.
Harry Potter
Banned
(04-15-2012, 09:11 PM)
Harry Potter's Avatar

Originally Posted by xxracerxx

What have they been eating?

Apparently shit.
NomarTyme
(04-15-2012, 09:11 PM)
NomarTyme's Avatar
Exlax brownies.
Alligatorjandro
MONEY UP, BITCH
(04-15-2012, 09:14 PM)
Alligatorjandro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anteater

I'd probably fart into your pillow five hundred times, you don't want to start that shit.

Yeah well I'd do other stuff too
maxxpower
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:14 PM)
maxxpower's Avatar
I thought you only ate pizza?
Hoo-doo
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:15 PM)
Hoo-doo's Avatar

Originally Posted by OMG Aero

Pro tip for living with other people: Never become "that guy who leaves notes"

This.
I had a roommate exactly like that a few years ago. Poor guy.
zoukka
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:15 PM)
zoukka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loofy

I really dont get the concept of living with strangers.

I know you gotta split the costs and all but Id rather be super poor and struggling than have roommates I dont know. I know a single mother living in a small condo with her 6 year old daughter, and she has a car. If she can do it so can you.

Living with strangers can help you grow as a human being. Also not everyone are afraid of new people and experiences.
Tesseract
Banned
(04-15-2012, 09:16 PM)
Tesseract's Avatar

Originally Posted by NomarTyme

Exlax brownies.



you know it.
Starwolf_UK
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:21 PM)
Starwolf_UK's Avatar
You might find its not them but the GF they have round who doesn't know whose food is whose...I still find that a bit irresponsible. Anyway.

You have tried labeling the food? At least it stops the "I didunt kno" excuse.

I have to confess to being the opposite and being the "thief"* but I assume that by abandoning eggs until 2 weeks after their sell by or best before date you really won't miss them. Or leave vegetables until they've gone rotten...then replacing them with more vegetables that do the same (I should really have a word with that person sometime). Plus this makes space in the fridge so is a net win for all.

*-If we go by a legal definition (permanently depriving someone of the item...) the person who bought it stole it from themselves by forgetting they owned it.

Originally Posted by pickle

buy your own fridge and keep it in your room. those little dorm fridges are cheap. problem solved.

It won't help if they're roommates since that implies they live in the same room (i.e. shared dorm). I assume Timedog meant housemates/flatshare.

The problem with those fridges is they can be tiny and/or rules can forbid them.
Axalon
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:22 PM)
Axalon's Avatar
Reminded me of this:

Last edited by Axalon; 04-15-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Loofy
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:23 PM)
Loofy's Avatar

Originally Posted by zoukka

Living with strangers can help you grow as a human being. Also not everyone are afraid of new people and experiences.

Sure I guess but when I moved out the number 1 reason for doing so was privacy and freedom. Sharing your bathroom, people eating your food, roommates who dont know how to use toilet paper(yes that was another thread on gaf) seems so opposite of what you'd want.
grumble
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Starwolf_UK

You might find its not them but the GF they have round who doesn't know whose food is whose...I still find that a bit irresponsible. Anyway.

You have tried labeling the food? At least it stops the "I didunt kno" excuse.

I have to confess to being the opposite and being the "thief"* but I assume that by abandoning eggs until 2 weeks after their sell by or best before date you really won't miss them. Or leave vegetables until they've gone rotten...then replacing them with more vegetables that do the same (I should really have a word with that person sometime). Plus this makes space in the fridge so is a net win for all.

*-If we go by a legal definition (permanently depriving someone of the item...) the person who bought it stole it from themselves by forgetting they owned it.


It won't help if they're roommates since that implies they live in the same room (i.e. shared dorm). I assume Timedog meant housemates/flatshare.

The problem with those fridges is they can be tiny and/or rules can forbid them.

Put a lock on it when you're not around.
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(04-15-2012, 09:24 PM)
Timedog's Avatar
Okay, I texted my roommates earlier since they're at work saying we needed to discuss food issues. One texted back and said "sorry about ur cottage cheese" (of which about 3/4ths of a huge tub got eaten). That disarmed me a bit and made me not want to punch someone's fucking lights out right this god damn second, so I took the note down.
Invisible_Insane
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:25 PM)
Invisible_Insane's Avatar

Originally Posted by Timedog

Okay, I texted my roommates earlier since they're at work saying we needed to discuss food issues. One texted back and said "sorry about ur cottage cheese" (of which about 3/4ths of a huge tub got eaten). That disarmed me a bit and made me not want to punch someone's fucking lights out right this god damn second, so I took the note down.

Wasn't that fun?

Let's try something else.
Devolution
the fabulous one
(04-15-2012, 09:28 PM)
I can see why Timedog doesn't want to talk to him face to face. I can't imagine dealing with an angry version of Timedog, I'd piss myself out of fear.
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(04-15-2012, 09:31 PM)
Timedog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Invisible_Insane

Wasn't that fun?

Let's try something else.

This post is passive-aggressive.
Anteater
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:32 PM)
Anteater's Avatar

Originally Posted by Timedog

Okay, I texted my roommates earlier since they're at work saying we needed to discuss food issues. One texted back and said "sorry about ur cottage cheese" (of which about 3/4ths of a huge tub got eaten). That disarmed me a bit and made me not want to punch someone's fucking lights out right this god damn second, so I took the note down.

He sounded sarcastic
Devolution
the fabulous one
(04-15-2012, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by WoodenLung

I think Devo ate it and just blamed it on your roommate.

If I ate it he'd know and the appropriate sexy punishment would happen but I don't live there yet.
MC Safety
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:34 PM)
MC Safety's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

I can see why Timedog doesn't want to talk to him face to face. I can't imagine dealing with an angry version of Timedog, I'd piss myself out of fear.

Normal people can control their emotions. Especially over cottage cheese.
LeadProtagonist
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:35 PM)
LeadProtagonist's Avatar
I go shopping with my roommates and we just split the bill evenly. Works out just fine as we all cook together.

Maybe stop turning everything into pizza.
dreadfulwater
aka morbidesque
(04-15-2012, 09:35 PM)
dreadfulwater's Avatar

Originally Posted by WoodenLung

This is a path you don't want to go down. Soon enough you will find your roommate with his dick in your butter or rubbing your vegetables on his balls.

correct. thus the reason I'm polite to fast food workers. lord knows there is enough awful in there already
Devolution
the fabulous one
(04-15-2012, 09:36 PM)

Originally Posted by MC Safety

Normal people can control their emotions. Especially over cottage cheese.

The dude has been eating his food for a while now despite living across from a grocery store.
notworksafe
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:38 PM)
notworksafe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

The dude has been eating his food for a while now despite living across from a grocery store.

Best course of action to correct this issue is clearly to leave a lame note and whine on the Internet.
Curtisaur
Forum Landmine
(04-15-2012, 09:40 PM)
Curtisaur's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

The dude has been eating his food for a while now despite living across from a grocery store.

And how long has Timedog been letting the issue stew within himself without having adult conversations with said dude?
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(04-15-2012, 09:40 PM)
Timedog's Avatar

Originally Posted by MC Safety

Normal people can control their emotions. Especially over cottage cheese.

Yes because I'm only talking about cottage cheese here.

Also, normal people have a life and don't spend an inordinate amount of time trolling Timedog in threads, MC. I don't give a fuck what you do on GAF, or on the internet, or in real life. I don't constantly give you negative responses because you're not important to me. Apparently I'm pretty important to you though, so thank you very much for letting me live in your head, rent free, for so long.
Invisible_Insane
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:40 PM)
Invisible_Insane's Avatar

Originally Posted by Timedog

This post is passive-aggressive.

No, just patronizing and dismissive. I think you earned it.

Originally Posted by Devolution

The dude has been eating his food for a while now despite living across from a grocery store.

No one's saying that his irritation isn't well-justified, just that the response he was considering was an ill-advised one.
MC Safety
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:40 PM)
MC Safety's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

The dude has been eating his food for a while now despite living across from a grocery store.

Hence the note and wanting to punch someone. I'd just use my words.

Originally Posted by Timedog

Yes because I'm only talking about cottage cheese here.

Also, normal people have a life and don't spend an inordinate amount of time trolling Timedog in threads, MC. I don't give a fuck what you do on GAF, or on the internet, or in real life. I don't constantly give you negative responses because you're not important to me. Apparently I'm pretty important to you though, so thank you very much for letting me live in your head, rent free, for so long.

Yeah, I'm not sure where this is coming from. I think you're a crap poster and all, but man ...
Koomaster
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:40 PM)
Koomaster's Avatar
Just eat their food when you run out. When they buy more, eat that, and keep eating it until they bring it up with you. When doing so just say; 'Oh, thought it was cool since you guys were eating my food.' /trollface

In the off-chance that they never confront you about it because they are too afraid of a confrontation, hey, free food!!
Messofanego
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:41 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

If I ate it he'd know and the appropriate sexy punishment would happen but I don't live there yet.

Do you like getting choked out during the punishment?
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(04-15-2012, 09:41 PM)
wenis's Avatar

Originally Posted by MC Safety

Normal people can control their emotions. Especially over cottage cheese.

This cottage cheese had peaches in it...
Joe Shlabotnik
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:42 PM)
Joe Shlabotnik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koomaster

Just eat their food when you run out. When they buy more, eat that, and keep eating it until they bring it up with you. When doing so just say; 'Oh, thought it was cool since you guys were eating my food.' /trollface

In the off-chance that they never confront you about it because they are too afraid of a confrontation, hey, free food!!

Usually the issue here is that food-mooching roommates never buy groceries themselves.
Fetts_Jets
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:45 PM)
Fetts_Jets's Avatar
Totally understand the need to vent about shit like this. Roommates can be frustrating, especially when it feels like they aren't listening to you when you've tried to be rational. Glad you took the note down though because notes tend to do more harm than good.
TheKaeptain
nuh fi eating seeen
(04-15-2012, 09:45 PM)
TheKaeptain's Avatar
I knew your name was Eric and you tried to lie to me.

Also, you guys need to talk it out. All the roommates I had in the military never gave me problems. We had rules. You eat it you replace. You drink it you buy more. The door is double locked don't come in. If you shave your balls in the rest room you have to clean it up.
owlbeak
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:45 PM)
owlbeak's Avatar
Locked mini-fridge in your room, bro. Costs like $75 and solves these kinds of roommate problems, plus you can get cold beers without having to go to the kitchen. Throw in a piss jar and you're set. Win-Win-Win.
Last edited by owlbeak; 04-15-2012 at 09:48 PM.
bggrthnjsus
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:46 PM)
bggrthnjsus's Avatar

Originally Posted by pompidu

If I saw this note, I would eat all your food just to spite you.

i'd just take one big conspicuous bite out of each item and put it back
DMeisterJ
Banned
(04-15-2012, 09:47 PM)
DMeisterJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

The dude has been eating his food for a while now despite living across from a grocery store.

Then he should have talked to dude after it happened the first time.

Or be more passive aggressive and get a mini fridge.
Devolution
the fabulous one
(04-15-2012, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by DMeisterJ

Then he should have talked to dude after it happened the first time.

Or be more passive aggressive and get a mini fridge.

I want a mini fridge out of pure laziness.
bggrthnjsus
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:49 PM)
bggrthnjsus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Axalon

Reminded me of this:

that is a fucking horrible thing to do
Devolution
the fabulous one
(04-15-2012, 09:50 PM)

Originally Posted by bggrthnjsus

that is a fucking horrible thing to do

Seems pretty clever though I must admit.
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(04-15-2012, 09:52 PM)
Timedog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Invisible_Insane

No, just patronizing and dismissive. I think you earned it.

I'm sorry but you don't get to leave me "patronizing and dismissive" responses because I'm mad that someone wronged me(when i did nothing wrong), and then get all uppity about me being passive-aggressive to people that actually did something wrong. That's not how it works.

Originally Posted by MC Safety

Hence the note and wanting to punch someone. I'd just use my words.

Yeah, I'm not sure where this is coming from. I think you're a crap poster and all, but man ...

If you've never wanted to punch someone then you're boring as fuck. Keep trolling me and feigning ignorance if you want. I'm gonna bring it up every time it happens from now on.

Originally Posted by Joe Shlabotnik

Usually the issue here is that food-mooching roommates never buy groceries themselves.

Yep. The main culprit also has never washed dishes or cleaned ANYTHING outside of his room, and has never bought a shared household item (toilet paper, cleaning stuff, etc) EVER. But we're going to talk about that whenever I see him.
opticalmace
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:52 PM)
opticalmace's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

Seems pretty clever though I must admit.

Except that (if you're the food thief) you could take the note to HR, and blame it on whoever wrote the note and had his or her name on the brownies. I call fake.
teruterubozu
Member
(04-15-2012, 09:52 PM)
teruterubozu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Devolution

Seems pretty clever though I must admit.

Seems pretty dumb actually. "Hi! My name is on the tub! I just lied to HR and I spiked my office with illegal drugs. Please take this note as evidence of my admission!"

Thread Tools