• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sorcery trailer

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been looking forward to this since I got a Move. I'm glad it wasn't unceremoniously canceled.

Ricker

Damn looks pretty good but I don't have the Move...a special priced bundle with this game to get the Move might tempt me though,anything planned?

Number45

I'm getting a Fable vibe
Yeah, the colours are definitely more in line with Fable than the early footage we saw at E3 (2010?), but then that was exclusively indoor whereas this shows a lot of outside environments. Not sure if I prefer the more serious look of the main character or not. :/

Also, I'm sure he said furry kingdom in that trailer

I really need to find a really cheap move controller.

Voice acting seems pretty good, aside from the narrator that is. You can tell Sony really wants this thing to be good.

Number45

I wish Sony would stop announcing games years before they release...I'm looking at you The Last Guardian
I think in that case they needed people to know that Team ICO were working on something, and in this case they just needed to show off some Move titles. I hate to be THAT guy, but despite me enjoying the games I've played with the Move it's mostly gathering dust right now. :(

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It still looks uninspired, including the use of Move, most of what's shown is like a fantasy third person shooter in function.

With how conservative Skyward Sword was they had a chance to beat it but this looks even less inventive in motion controls.

3phemeral

JXnDN.jpg

It still looks uninspired, including the use of Move, most of what's shown is like a fantasy third person shooter in function.

Yeah...I'm disappointed. It went from what was basically fantasy Ratchet & Clank (really cool and varied use of spells and such) to inFamous-like spamming of generic looking magic attacks.

I'm disappointed that combat spell is mostly ranged attack, make it really look like a third person shooter. they should have borrow some shield and sword combat mechanic from Sports Champion as well. not necessarily using sword and shield but something like summoning arcane sword projection where you can swing it for 1:1 melee combat, or making force shield that if you timed it right, can repel enemy projectiles back at them.

I'll wait for review for now, I hope the combat will have depth and actually force you to use unique combination of spell to beat the game and hope you can't beat the game by simply using the same basic projectile spell again and again. and hoping the puzzles are genuinely good.

the initial trailer have very charming rat morphing potion which I think is very nice even though it's linear scripted event, I hope they didn't throw that off and have other interesting ideas.

Wow, that looks radically different to the screenshots in the OP.
I guess we'll see more at E3, it has potential at least, but I never thought it looked particularly good looking previously.

The game had a major overall ever since Santa Monica Studio got involved. The first e3 demo looks like a joke now.

VanWinkle

iWaggle (I think his name is TTP here but I forget, I haven't seen him post in a while) played the preview code and thought it was great, and they best Move required game yet. I'm excited to play it myself, since I haven't really used my Move in quite a while.

iWaggle (I think his name is TTP here but I forget, I haven't seen him post in a while) played the preview code and thought it was great, and they best Move required game yet. I'm excited to play it myself, since I haven't really used my Move in quite a while.

I didn't know he got preview code, that's great if it get TTP stamp of approval, no one knows Move implementation better than that guy, including some of Move game developer themselves. :p

noquarter

I've had Move stuff since it first came out and completely forgot about this game. Maybe I'll be able to find my wand before it comes out :(

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
It still looks uninspired, including the use of Move

I guess you didn't watch any of the previews (Qore had the best). The gesture quick select and spell mixing makes it look like one of the best Move implementations.

Very Disney's The Sword In The Stone. I'd happily buy a Move for this, but it needs to be damn good. Will await the reviews.

Fabrik

Banned
The way the character moves reminds me of Infamous.
Overall I'm not feeling it. I know it's an overused term, but it looks a bit...generic.

Number45

I didn't know he got preview code, that's great if it get TTP stamp of approval, no one knows Move implementation better than that guy, including some of Move game developer themselves. :p
Yeah, saw him tweeting about it the other day. The implementation of Move was one of the more intriguing aspects of the title back at reveal, hopefully most of that has survived the delays.

EDIT: Here: https://twitter.com/#!/iWaggle3D

0KQVp.png

M.D

Really?

Sorcery-Ice-Environment.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. Definitely Santa Monicas studio magic at work.

Crystal Cave! Is
Seath
hiding in there?

Looks decent, but not the game I wanted (Not that I own move).
I do wonder if this could be the "Killer App" for Move, if such a thing is even possible at this point.

Mario007

Sone NEEDS to advertise the shit out of this if they want Move to stay relevant. This could be a game parents buy their kids to play. Even the trailer had that sort of a vibe and everything about the game seems to point to it.

...but knowing Sony, they'll put another one of their AAA games in the same month and thus compete for the advertising budget...oh wait, they did that. Hello Starhwak.

Looks incredibly generic, but I might give it a blast because my move purchase has been a complete waste of cash so far. =/

Wasn't this game suppose to come out a few months after MOVE did? I loved the demo they did a few years back.

I guess I can finally dust off my MOVE controllers.

VanWinkle

Wasn't this game suppose to come out a few months after MOVE did? I loved the demo they did a few years back.

I guess I can finally dust off my MOVE controllers.

Yeah. I'm guessing that they were surprised at how positive the reaction was to it and gave it a much higher budget and development time to make it better than it was probably going to be.

Angelcurio

I really liked the way the game looked after it's first showing, but right now i still don't feel the new look, artstyle wise. It looked like it changed from a cartoony look to a more gritty one, sorta kinda like a generic unreal engine based game.

OdCWI.jpg

EJec5.jpg

BadWolf

Looks good but not getting a move controller for one game, not to mention there doesn't seem to be anything big coming out after this either.

Reallink

This looks amazing. I love motion controls that actually work and add something to "core" games, hope this delivers.

Top Bottom