• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Hero
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:05 AM)
Hero's Avatar
Wonder if second month sales aren't looking too good so far for Bioware/EA.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-...4613829&sr=1-1
DTKT
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:06 AM)
DTKT's Avatar
I thought every game had a price drop 40 days in. And really, from what we know ME3 sold fine.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(04-17-2012, 12:06 AM)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=115

Its just price matching Best Buy deal
Kud Dukan
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:06 AM)
Kud Dukan's Avatar
I was in a Walmart up here in Ontario yesterday and they had the game priced at $29.99, and it didn't say anything about it being a sale price either.
WonkersTHEWatilla
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:07 AM)
WonkersTHEWatilla's Avatar
It was forty bones at some other retailers just a week ago or so.
Derrick01
Banned
(04-17-2012, 12:12 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hero

Wonder if second month sales aren't looking too good so far for Bioware/EA.

It will end up #1 in April NPD so I'm sure it's fine.
massoluk
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:16 AM)
massoluk's Avatar
Uh what's the deal? $39.99 for PC box copy, $59.99 for PC download.
Kyoufu
(04-17-2012, 12:17 AM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by DTKT

I thought every game had a price drop 40 days in. And really, from what we know ME3 sold fine.

Nowadays any price drop thread will have "Bomba" in the title regardless of it being an actual bomb or not.

The Wario effect.
bigtroyjon
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Derrick01

It will end up #1 in April NPD so I'm sure it's fine.

0.00001% chance of being #1 in April.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-17-2012, 12:19 AM)
Neuromancer's Avatar
Man all the negative feedback must have really hurt this games' sales.
webrunner
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:23 AM)
webrunner's Avatar
A quick reduction in price at a major retailer usually will mean the game actually sold very well and they hope that they can use it to entice people into the store and hopefully buy other things.

Games that tend to sell badly usually slowly (or quickly, at gamestop) disappear off store shelves while keeping their price high or end up in a bargain bin with a sudden price reduction from full price to $20 - not a sale price, mind you.
Qwell
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:23 AM)
Qwell's Avatar
Gggrrr... Why isn't the PC Download version also $39, I know you have to register the PC copy on Origin anyways right? Why not give that option at $39 and save the need for me to have a box shipped here just so I can promptly throw it in the garbage.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(04-17-2012, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by webrunner

A quick reduction in price at a major retailer usually will mean the game actually sold very well and they hope that they can use it to entice people into the store and hopefully buy other things.

Games that tend to sell badly usually slowly (or quickly, at gamestop) disappear off store shelves while keeping their price high or end up in a bargain bin with a sudden price reduction from full price to $20 - not a sale price, mind you.

I'm glad SSX sold really well then
Acheron
Banned
(04-17-2012, 12:24 AM)
Acheron's Avatar

Originally Posted by webrunner

A quick reduction in price at a major retailer usually will mean the game actually sold very well and they hope that they can use it to entice people into the store and hopefully buy other things.

Games that tend to sell badly usually slowly (or quickly, at gamestop) disappear off store shelves while keeping their price high or end up in a bargain bin with a sudden price reduction from full price to $20 - not a sale price, mind you.

CoD?
Firestorm
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:27 AM)
Firestorm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kud Dukan

I was in a Walmart up here in Ontario yesterday and they had the game priced at $29.99, and it didn't say anything about it being a sale price either.

It has been $29.83 in Canadian Walmarts for a few weeks now.
Impeccable
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:27 AM)
Impeccable's Avatar

Originally Posted by Firestorm

It has been $29.83 in Canadian Walmarts for a few weeks now.

Yeah, grabbed it two weeks ago.
Himself
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:28 AM)
Himself's Avatar
Still $40 too expensive.
Orca
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:29 AM)
Orca's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Nowadays any price drop thread will have "Bomba" in the title regardless of it being an actual bomb or not.

The Wario effect.

It's what he contributed :D
animlboogy
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:31 AM)
animlboogy's Avatar
Shouldn't a BOMBA be at least 50% off?
Duki
Banned
(04-17-2012, 12:32 AM)
Duki's Avatar
well deserved bomba

game still got a better ending in stores than we got in the game

rip bioware

condolences to bioware employees who will be out of work when they liquidate
Derrick01
Banned
(04-17-2012, 12:32 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigtroyjon

0.00001% chance of being #1 in April.

Why, what's coming out in April?
MiniBossBattle
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:35 AM)
MiniBossBattle's Avatar
Guess I will finally pick up ME3.
impact
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:35 AM)
impact's Avatar
Not low enough
Eggman
Banned
(04-17-2012, 12:35 AM)
Eggman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

Why, what's coming out in April?

The better RPG.
WonkersTHEWatilla
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:40 AM)
WonkersTHEWatilla's Avatar
^ The Witcher 2 is fantastic, but you think it'll beat ME3 in sales? No.

Don't see anything in April that could outsell ME3 except maybe Kinect Star Wars.
danwarb
(04-17-2012, 12:41 AM)
danwarb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Man all the negative feedback must have really hurt this games' sales.

That'd be a shame. It's a fantastic game, and they're supporting it.
DTKT
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:42 AM)
DTKT's Avatar

Originally Posted by danwarb

That'd be a shame. It's a fantastic game, and they're supporting it.

That remains to be seen.
zroid
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:43 AM)
zroid's Avatar
pfft. It was $30 in Canada a couple weeks ago.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(04-17-2012, 12:43 AM)
Nirolak's Avatar

Originally Posted by WonkersTHEWatilla

^ The Witcher 2 is fantastic, but you think it'll beat ME3 in sales? No.

Don't see anything in April that could outsell ME3 except maybe Kinect Star Wars.

Prototype 2 would be the wild card for the number one spot.

The first one opened at around 500K, but Activision is kind of sending the next one to die.
Orca
Member
(04-17-2012, 12:49 AM)
Orca's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Prototype 2 would be the wild card for the number one spot.

The first one opened at around 500K, but Activision is kind of sending the next one to die.

It has a decent commercial I've seen a couple times that has Hurt playing in the background. It doesn't show anything in the way of gameplay though.
Derrick01
Banned
(04-17-2012, 12:57 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Eggman

The better RPG.

The more niche RPG you mean. It's better but I'd be surprised if it got any higher than 5.
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
(04-17-2012, 01:01 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar

Originally Posted by WonkersTHEWatilla

^ The Witcher 2 is fantastic, but you think it'll beat ME3 in sales? No.

Don't see anything in April that could outsell ME3 except maybe Kinect Star Wars.

Pretty much. ME3 has April on lock.
bigtroyjon
Member
(04-17-2012, 01:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Derrick01

Why, what's coming out in April?

Star Wars
Witcher 2 (already getting tv commercials on ESPN)

ME3 isn't a game that will have real long legs and it came out in the first part of March. A few older games should be ahead of it along with new stuff. A good result for EA would be that it is able to stay in the top 5.
Gez
Member
(04-17-2012, 01:13 AM)
Gez's Avatar
I paid $5 for ME1 and 2, i see no reason why i should be paying anymore for ME3. This isn't a bomba sale.

Thread Tools