• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) teaser site launches, 5/10 reveal

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
loot. it needs vast quantaties of loot, or monster drops for crafting. The one thing thats kinda missing from the Souls series.

I hope the reveal is gameplay, and nothing else. Wow me, Sony.

7threst

loot. it needs vast quantaties of loot, or monster drops for crafting. The one thing thats kinda missing from the Souls series.

Ugh, the way it is now is perfectly fine, with using boss souls to create unique weapons. Remove that by implementing vast quantities of loot to craft weapons with and the whole aspect of bonding with a certain weapon and learning to use use that weapon is gone...

Godammit I hope this isn't by From Software so I don't have to buy a Vita :p. (Nothing against the Vita I'm just not into portable gaming)

Mondriaan

IIRC, From's King's Field was developed using Armored Core's engine.

So, I would say it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to guess that Soul Sacrifice's battle engine is actually going to be a re-skinned Armored Core where spells are basically long ranged weapon analogs.

I personally wouldn't mind, though, since I also love Armored Core.

Well I worded my sentence badly actually, From is a great studio and is pretty good at getting a game out in a timely manner (something Japan Studio often lacks and the Vita really needs games out soon). So they're not a bad choice for a partnership really...

But the Souls universe isn't really that popular in Japan (well, relative to MH and other mega franchises), so if this game is supposed to fill the MH void in Japan, they would be better off with something new... (on top of that the multiplayer system in the Souls game doesn't fit well with the local co-op system that made MH such a big franchise).

Edit: Well seeing the very dark/creepy art style, I'm going to guess this isn't geared toward Japan specifically and more toward the west, thus From Software and the Soul franchise would be a good choice.

MH wasn't popular till it hit handhelds either

Demon's Souls with a heavier emphasis on co-op could be a huge hit IMO

I always thought it would be awesome if the spirits you see are actually people near you in the real world. Of course it'd work much better if it were mega popular like MH

Canova

Banned

I hope the reveal is gameplay, and nothing else. Wow me, Sony.

huh? Dark Souls loot is the best there is, you can find or craft weapons or armors that are used by the enemies or other NPCs

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
huh? Dark Souls loot is the best there is, you can find or craft weapons or armors that are used by the enemies or other NPCs

I am talking Monster Hunter amounts of loot. the kind a portable game can thrive on. To become a physical addiction like none other. I'm probably talking more about the armour element than weapon, because the Souls series have plenty of weapons, but not as many outfits.

Canova

Banned
I am talking Monster Hunter amounts of loot. the kind a portable game can thrive on. To become a physical addiction like none other. I'm probably talking more about the armour element than weapon, because the Souls series have plenty of weapons, but not as many outfits.

Monster Hunter outfits look ridiculous. Dark Souls has many outfits and they don' look ridiculous, they look real medieval armors. I don't want to have ridiculous outfits just for the sake of having many outfits

Pie and Beans

my metal boar helm disagrees, despite its awesomeness.

Anyway, dont think theres much chance of this being a big expansive single player adventure with armour just dropped throughout, since the focus seems to be on the monsters. So my hopes for loot and crafting seem more likely than those getting their hopes up for D___ Souls Portable.

Canova

Banned
my metal boar helm disagrees, despite its awesomeness.

Anyway, dont think theres much chance of this being a big expansive single player adventure with armour just dropped throughout, since the focus seems to be on the monsters. So my hopes for loot and crafting seem more likely than those getting their hopes up for D___ Souls Portable.

oh yeah I give you that one, and that stupid looking baby dragon armor

Crazetex

I love the aesthetic for this. I know it's very similar to D-Souls, but are there any other handheld games this realistically macabre?

Those monster designs are freaking crazy. Not my style but definitely looking forward to seeing it in action. I think the designs of Fumito Ueda are the best. I hope Sony makes a co-op SotC type game for PSV or PS4. I wonder who the developers are.

Ridley327

Hopefully, it actually comes to the US. Slim pickings over here.

It'll come out over here (there are very, very, very few big-budget SCEJ titles that don't), but the focus of this game is definitely for Japanese audiences. What they end up getting in the west will just be gravy.

Ridley327

Demon's Souls didn't

But it did come over here? It doesn't have to be Sony publishing it, although given what happened with Demon's Souls, I'm more inclined to believe that they'd want to do this game themselves rather than let someone else get the chance to be successful with it.

Truth101

Banned
Is this 05/10 an actual conference or will the website just post some videos and info?

Prerecorded video
happy0157.gif

If this is a Soul's-esque game for the Vita, I'm so there.

I'm finishing up Dark Souls right now. Even though I just started the Witched 2, Dark Souls called me back after 100 hours with its addictive gameplay.

May 10th is my birthday so i hope they are making this game just for me.

Souls-esque vita game please. You can monster hunter it up a bit if you want to, i'll adjust.

Ok, thanks.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Bleach: Soul Resurreccion was a fine clone of Musso/Dynasty Warriors games,and it was developed by SCE Japan Studio (and with a lil help from another external studio iirc) so maybe the same guys who made it are working on this game and going to copy/clone Monster Hunter or Demon/Dark Soul...well that my guess.

Bleach: Soul Resurreccion was a fine clone of Musso/Dynasty Warriors games,and it was developed by SCE Japan Studio (and with a lil help from another external studio iirc) so maybe the same guys who made it are working on this game and going to copy/clone Monster Hunter or Demon/Dark Soul...well that my guess.
Bleach SR was developed by Racjin. Another MH clone SCEJ produced was WKC Origins which Matrix Software developed.

I think either studio being behind Souls Sacrifice would be seen as a major dissapointment. Pretty much anyone besides FROM Software would be probably, though maybe an ex-Capcom group like Crafts & Meister, Platinum Games or Comcept might be considered acceptable (provided there's also some ex-Monhan staff on board). Isn't the MHP director currently mia after the 3DS betrayalaton? Maybe Sony lured him away?

casabolg

Banned
If this IS SCE trying to make a new Souls spin off with their Demon's Souls IP I can honestly say that From Software has plenty more character to their designs. This just looks crazy for the sake of being crazy.

Despera

Banned
Must keep hype levels in check. This might turn out to be a different game than what we're all hoping for, after all.

Consider me... intrigued.

Top Bottom