• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

legacyzero
Member
(04-23-2012, 05:55 PM)
legacyzero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razor 81

This cant be coincidence right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SNPJMk2fgJU

[IMG]http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/iXv6gopoZu.jpg[/IMG


Source:
http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/04/...d-rotor-drone/

Bahahaha.

So obviously fake. Cool though!

(the video was fake, that is.)
MDSLKTR
Member
(04-23-2012, 05:58 PM)
MDSLKTR's Avatar
Black ops was a technical mess on both ps3 and pc (closing the friends tab list on steam to avoid lag? Modifying the .ini to remove the stutter? and this sells millions?). Too bad because the multiplayer is actually the best since mw1. Hope they rectify it this time and that there's a decent vita port.
StevePharma
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:00 PM)
StevePharma's Avatar

Originally Posted by mescalineeyes

especially seeing how that video was uploaded TODAY... and the whole thing is rendered/fake.

Mos def a viral collaboration. Can't be coincidence. Love the fakeness :D

Interesting to see if Black-Ops goes into future warfare territory.
sponk
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:01 PM)
sponk's Avatar
still play blops
i am still not tired of it
will buy this game day 1
will never again buy a dice game day 1

hell yeah, may 1st cant come soon enough
fluffydelusions
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:02 PM)
fluffydelusions's Avatar

Originally Posted by MDSLKTR

Black ops was a technical mess on both ps3 and pc (closing the friends tab list on steam to avoid lag? Modifying the .ini to remove the stutter? and this sells millions?). Too bad because the multiplayer is actually the best since mw1. Hope they rectify it this time and that there's a decent vita port.

I expect another copy/paste job
dankir
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:05 PM)
dankir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matts Legacy

10 / 10
MechDX
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:24 PM)
MechDX's Avatar
Rumored perks, weapons and MP info:

http://mp1st.com/2012/04/22/new-blac...-release-date/
MrCompletely
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:32 PM)
MrCompletely's Avatar
Hopefully Treyarch is able to clean up some of IW's mess from MW3.

I love Blops, but World at War is seriously an underrated multiplayer game.
-Pyromaniac-
(04-23-2012, 06:34 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by MechDX

Rumored perks, weapons and MP info:

http://mp1st.com/2012/04/22/new-blac...-release-date/

lol not this again
Liquidsnake
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:42 PM)
Liquidsnake's Avatar
I was hoping we could get back to a more simplistic game with regards to perks. MW3 was so bad it was just a mess.
Nekki
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:08 PM)
Nekki's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperEpicMan

Don't buy it if it bothers you so much, clearly millions of people do like the series. Too many people expect the next game to be like Journey or Amnesia, I treat Black Ops like my go to multiplayer game when I need relief from single player games like Skyrim or Uncharted, it is my filler game for when I complete my latest game until the next one I buy and for those reasons it is an excellent game.

It actually does the industry good to have games like this available, someone else had said it provides a jumping in point for non gamers.

Maybe i should've elaborated more on that point.

The reason i say that is because it would be nice for other studios to stop trying to create the next call of duty, and have more all around creativity within the industry. I don't know, it's selfish and stupid, but those are my feelings.
Izayoi
(04-23-2012, 07:24 PM)
Izayoi's Avatar

Originally Posted by TacticalFox88

....What would be the point of a new engine so late in the generation when MS and Sony's next consoles are around the corner.

Let's be serious here, we all know that they're going to use the same engine for next-gen CoDs as well.
AHA-Lambda
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:37 PM)
AHA-Lambda's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nekki

Maybe i should've elaborated more on that point.

The reason i say that is because it would be nice for other studios to stop trying to create the next call of duty, and have more all around creativity within the industry. I don't know, it's selfish and stupid, but those are my feelings.

That's the industry's fault not Call of Duty's. It'll just try to copy the next big thing that dethrones CoD too.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(04-24-2012, 09:06 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar
Uh wat? Wario64 is now banned for real? anyone know what happend?


Kodiak
Not an asshole.
(04-24-2012, 09:17 AM)
The cook gif is the thread.

Bored of COD. Bored of FPS. Bored of any game that revolves around shooting stuff.
AHA-Lambda
Member
(04-24-2012, 07:13 PM)
AHA-Lambda's Avatar
Ok now the callofduty website links directly to the FPSRussia video in question, no ambiguity that it is connected then.

Black Ops 2/Future Warfare?
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-24-2012, 08:54 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by AHA-Lambda

Ok now the callofduty website links directly to the FPSRussia video in question, no ambiguity that it is connected then.

Black Ops 2/Future Warfare?

Future warfare what? I haven't seen this video, what's it about?
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(04-26-2012, 12:52 PM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar
Leaked Black Ops 2 In-Game Screenshots of the Quadrotor, New Intel Drop Unlocks, and More





Black_Stride
do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
(04-26-2012, 01:06 PM)
Black_Stride's Avatar

Originally Posted by raviolico

so, on the official teaser site there are those "classified" screens floating in the background...spotted in one of them this "picture". i enhanced it a bit. can someone make something out of it?

yes, i care. ;-)



I guess we now know this image is infact a super close up of the QuadRotor.


No mechs.....Damn, i am so disappoint.
Ehh....Halo 4 is on my November list, Black Ops 2 ill pick up much later.

Looking at the above screenshot, its makes me believe Black Ops 2 is gonna be in more distant than MW3 future.
Last edited by Black_Stride; 04-26-2012 at 01:09 PM.
shinobi602
Banned
(04-26-2012, 01:53 PM)
shinobi602's Avatar
So I guess this confirms a futuristic setting? They didn't employ aircraft like that quadro-rotor drone in the past.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-26-2012, 02:36 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar
Whoa!

So I guess BO is taking over modern times, I wonder then what IW will do next year.
Glass Rebel
Member
(04-26-2012, 02:39 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Whoa!

So I guess BO is taking over modern times, I wonder then what IW will do next year.

I haven't played MW3 but I suppose they finished that storyline? Back to WW2 then!
shinobi602
Banned
(04-26-2012, 02:43 PM)
shinobi602's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

I haven't played MW3 but I suppose they finished that storyline? Back to WW2 then!

Korean War would be a pretty good setting for IW's next romp.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-26-2012, 02:46 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by shinobi602

Korean War would be a pretty good setting for IW's next romp.

Yeah that's a great idea.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-26-2012, 02:47 PM)
Stallion Free's Avatar
I'm hoping for a straight up Space Warfare from IW. I'm thrilled Treyarch is doing near future.
Reckless Onion
Member
(04-26-2012, 02:50 PM)
Reckless Onion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Whoa!

So I guess BO is taking over modern times, I wonder then what IW will do next year.

Didn't they acquire allot of Future warfare kind of domain's couple months back?
Kinda want them to go in that direction. I'm imagining Mass Effect and Dead space kind of weaponry in a cod setting.
StevePharma
Member
(04-26-2012, 02:51 PM)
StevePharma's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

I'm hoping for a straight up Space Warfare from IW. I'm thrilled Treyarch is doing near future.

Who says it's going to take place in the future? I believe due to contractual obligations Treyarch couldn't employ modern/futuristic weapons or setting because of the Modern Warfare series, but since those games are done story wise, maybe the reigns are off.

I'm thinking theyare going MGS3-style with this. That game was in the past but had mechs and hover jets, you name it. BO2 probably won't get that far into mecha territory, but it could still be fitted in a historical setting
Reckless Onion
Member
(04-26-2012, 02:53 PM)
Reckless Onion's Avatar
And by a couple of months i mean almost 2 years! lol how time flies

http://www.vg247.com/2010/05/14/acti...rfare-domains/
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-26-2012, 02:56 PM)
Stallion Free's Avatar

Originally Posted by StevePharma

Who says it's going to take place in the future? I believe due to contractual obligations Treyarch couldn't employ modern/futuristic weapons or setting because of the Modern Warfare series, but since those games are done story wise, maybe the reigns are off.

I'm thinking theyare going MGS3-style with this. That game was in the past but had mechs and hover jets, you name it. BO2 probably won't get that far into mecha territory, but it could still be fitted in a historical setting

Idk, the FPS Russia dude emphasized the 10-15 years away from the quadrotor being actually used. It seemed like he was trying to tell us that Blops 2 is 10-15 years into the future similar to the latest Ghost Recon.
Sub_Level
Member
(04-26-2012, 02:58 PM)
Sub_Level's Avatar


CYPHER?!
StevePharma
Member
(04-26-2012, 02:59 PM)
StevePharma's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

Idk, the FPS Russia dude emphasized the 10-15 years away from the quadrotor being actually used. It seemed like he was trying to tell us that Blops 2 is 10-15 years into the future similar to the latest Ghost Recon.

Good point. I guess they are bordering on future territory. Still expect some historical settings though.

Since it's about black ops I guess it could still be used in a contemporary setting. Just like the helicopters they used during the Bin Laden assassination.
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State
(04-26-2012, 03:01 PM)
Deadly Cyclone's Avatar
I see hints of Homefront in Blops2. :P
RoylAsult
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:07 PM)
RoylAsult's Avatar
i still have a bad taste in my mouth over MW3, i liked the single player but the online is such a clusterfuck.

everyone drops when shoots
no one aims and just sprays
knife is faster then bullets still

the game is just so irritating to play. MW by far, the best game in the series because it was new... they should just call 2 and 3 MW 1.1 and 1.2....
hamchan
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:20 PM)
hamchan's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoylAsult

i still have a bad taste in my mouth over MW3, i liked the single player but the online is such a clusterfuck.

everyone drops when shoots
no one aims and just sprays
knife is faster then bullets still


the game is just so irritating to play. MW by far, the best game in the series because it was new... they should just call 2 and 3 MW 1.1 and 1.2....

These aren't problems at all. If people want to play badly and get killed by me then I'm fine with that. The main problems of MW3 are the maps and the spawns.
RoylAsult
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:24 PM)
RoylAsult's Avatar

Originally Posted by hamchan

These aren't problems at all. If people want to play badly and get killed by me then I'm fine with that. The main problems of MW3 are the maps and the spawns.

yes, yes they are.

im not bad at this game at all, ive always been good. but when im going 75-35 in a game of headquarters there is something wrong. not the 75 kills part, its the fact that the amount of deaths in this game per player is way up to previous games.

just running around spraying a burst and killing someone is not fun at all. Do that shit in BF3 and see what happens. better yet, go prone as you are shooting and see what happens.
R2D4
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:26 PM)
R2D4's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deadly Cyclone

I see hints of Homefront in Blops2. :P

No way it's that shitty.
hamchan
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:30 PM)
hamchan's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoylAsult

yes, yes they are.

im not bad at this game at all, ive always been good. but when im going 75-35 in a game of headquarters there is something wrong. not the 75 kills part, its the fact that the amount of deaths in this game per player is way up to previous games.

just running around spraying a burst and killing someone is not fun at all. Do that shit in BF3 and see what happens. better yet, go prone as you are shooting and see what happens.

Well it's obviously fun for those people. If they want to spray, go prone a lot (which is actually a very legitimate strategy and a way to surprise people), well that's just their way of having fun and there's nothing wrong with that.
RoylAsult
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:33 PM)
RoylAsult's Avatar

Originally Posted by hamchan

Well it's obviously fun for those people. If they want to spray, go prone a lot (which is actually a very legitimate strategy and a way to surprise people), well that's just their way of having fun and there's nothing wrong with that.

its more or less taking advantage of the problems in the game.
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:55 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar
next COD is Peace Walker 2?
Miktar
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:50 PM)
Miktar's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoylAsult

everyone drops when shoots
no one aims and just sprays

I don't want to call you a liar, but from my point of view, your pants are ablaze.

"Everyone" does those things? Please.

Here's the more realistic scenario. You get killed by people who do the pronedrop, and akimbo spray-n-prays (because you fall prey to cheap tricks like that too easily due to inexperience), and have become fixated on it. So now from your point of view, "everyone" does it, because the only time you pay attention to when you die, is when someone killed you in one of those two ways. You're ignoring everything else. Confirmation bias.

If anything, I've been impressed with the variety I've seen in MW3 in terms of how people play online. Sure you get your noobtubers and StrikerSpammers, but overall people gravitate towards weapons and styles that suit them, and people have very different tastes. So far I've not seen a single style/setup dominate (not since they nerfed Strikers anyway).

The next time you play, take note of the gun that killed you in the Killcam, and how they did it, for *every* kill. I guarantee you, your viewpoint will change.
Last edited by Miktar; 04-26-2012 at 05:55 PM.
matics
Member
(04-26-2012, 06:05 PM)
matics's Avatar

Originally Posted by hamchan

These aren't problems at all. If people want to play badly and get killed by me then I'm fine with that. The main problems of MW3 are the maps and the spawns.

Definitely. I haven't played since December because of this.
Shouldn't have bought that damn Elite subscription :(
dragonelite
Member
(04-26-2012, 06:20 PM)
dragonelite's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black_Stride

I guess we now know this image is infact a super close up of the QuadRotor.

No mechs.....Damn, i am so disappoint.
Ehh....Halo 4 is on my November list, Black Ops 2 ill pick up much later.

Looking at the above screenshot, its makes me believe Black Ops 2 is gonna be in more distant than MW3 future.

Call of duty:A bit more Modern Warfare.
+Aliken+
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:10 PM)
+Aliken+'s Avatar
I really love it how people who don't give a fuck have the urgency to post in the thread... it just shows that they actually give a fuck.
rCIZZLE
Member
(04-26-2012, 09:16 PM)
rCIZZLE's Avatar

Originally Posted by hamchan

These aren't problems at all. If people want to play badly and get killed by me then I'm fine with that. The main problems of MW3 are the maps and the spawns.

I actually feel the maps are a huge improvement when you consider what they did to please the camp-complainers. Almost any potential camp spot you can think of has 2-3 entrances and is easily bombarded with grenades, flashes, etc.

In games with smaller maps you're always going to run into spawn issues. At least it's not Halo though and the predictable spawns in each map that even get abused in high level play without bungie doing anything.

My biggest problem with the entire series, and really most shooters now, is how easy it is to get melee kills. COD, Halo, BF, Gears, Socom, etc are all also guilty of this. Long are the days of UT and CS where a melee kill was a gentleman's slap instead of now where most close quarters battles either end in a melee or someone being shot while going for a melee.
Last edited by rCIZZLE; 04-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
GameE
Member
(04-27-2012, 10:00 PM)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Confirmed

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has been confirmed as the next Call of Duty game. While the title has been long-rumored and hinted at by several leaks and rumors, an image of a Target pre-order card sent in by an IGN reader has confirmed the game's title and release date.

James Woods
Member
(04-27-2012, 10:11 PM)
James Woods's Avatar
About time for future war shit. We haven't had that since 2005...
TUROK
Member
(04-27-2012, 10:16 PM)
TUROK's Avatar
I didn't like Black Ops' gameplay, but the story was pretty good. I'll Redbox this one.
Guerrillas in the Mist
Member
(04-27-2012, 10:18 PM)
Guerrillas in the Mist's Avatar

Originally Posted by GameE

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Confirmed

Should have been Call of Duty: Near Future Soldier Black Ops Warfare 9
subversus
I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
(04-27-2012, 10:43 PM)
subversus's Avatar
I would love if they add some action elements ino the game. It's too slow-paced.

Thread Tools