• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty (Black Ops 2) World Reveal - May 1st

AHA-Lambda

they ain't even trying to hide it now guys

http://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blackops2

EDIT:

RvPGb.jpg

tEdct.jpg

I guess the question is if Black Ops 2 will be using a better engine this time. I've had it with the CoD4 engine.

Edit: Well, that doesn't look like the CoD4 engine.

I guess the question is if Black Ops 2 will be using a better engine this time. I've had it with the CoD4 engine.

There is no reason for them to not use the established engine. We will get a new engine next generation, but not now. Would be a massive waste of money.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

well they should be using the latest update from mw3. BLOPS used a modified WaW engine, IW didn't give them the updates from MW2 until it was too late.

NinjaBoiX

Gold Member

Why not go all out and just refer to it as the Quake engine? Engine's change game on game, even if it's the "same". I dare say that code wise, MW3's engine is markedly different than CoD 4's.

AHA-Lambda

It's definitely future warfare. This was taken from the description when i pasted the link on facebook.

Experience near-future black operations with the next evolution of the legendary Call of Duty: Black Ops

and quote from website:

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare.

well they should be using the latest update from mw3. BLOPS used a modified WaW engine, IW didn't give them the updates from MW2 until it was too late.

I just think the hitboxes for the multiplayer are kinda terrible in the Black Ops engine. I'm pretty sure WaW was using a modified CoD4 engine, right? I remember reading some shit about how IW wouldn't let Treyarch use the MW2 engine for Black Ops a long time ago. Well, either way, MW2 was a huge step up, and I hope it's at least at that level.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I just think the hitboxes for the multiplayer are kinda terrible in the Black Ops engine. I'm pretty sure WaW was using a modified CoD4 engine, right? I remember reading some shit about how IW wouldn't let Treyarch use the MW2 engine for Black Ops a long time ago. Well, either way, MW2 was a huge step up, and I hope it's at least at that level.

Never understood the silly rivalry they had with each other, if they both worked together on the technology we would end up with better games.

Though didn't they say a few weeks ago that IW and Treyarch will now be working closely together or something going into the future.

Blops ran so crappy on PC it was ridiculous. The only version to run decently seemed to be the 360 one. The PS3 one was a disaster as well.

MW2 wasn't a step up from anything. It was a mess.

BLOPS was the step up and MW3 was a side step with shitty maps.

Regardless, as this is a sequel, I'm interested in how they are going to link both games. Maybe we'll get to play different timelines or something, leading us into the future.

That yellow shade reminds me a lot of Human Revolution.

Don't know how I feel about the whole futuristic thing, I guess I'll give it a try.

I skipped MW3 after picking up every CoD since the original MW but I'll probably be back on board with Black Ops 2. I enjoyed the first one quite a bit and I've always thought Treyarch was a solid developer when it comes to making a good CoD.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
like i said in other thread, they really kicked the guys who left IW in the balls they heavily wanted to do a Future cod game and wernt allowed too.

like i said in other thread, they really kicked the guys who left IW in the balls they heavily wanted to do a Future cod game and wernt allowed too.

Who said they're still not making a futuristic COD?

Black Ops 2 is "near" future. Maybe the IW guys are working on an actual futuristic COD taking place maybe, 50 years from now or something?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
3NNh1.jpg

I was assuming BO2 would be around the same time period as BO and when I saw the little copter I was like oh shit metal gear tie in!!

Also why is this "future" warfare when these things already exist? Even if they aren't in heavy deployment is it "2 years in the future" warfare? Unless there is other stuff I'm missing.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Who said they're still not making a futuristic COD?

Black Ops 2 is "near" future. Maybe the IW guys are working on an actual futuristic COD taking place maybe, 50 years from now or something?

Most probably this will be further in the future than the MW series (seems a bit illogical to have them both take place in roughly the same time frame), so unless IW is planning to make a space based Cod, this beening near future or future, future wouldn't really matter. Since it's a lot of it wll still be based on imagination.

H3xum

So Halo is moving more towards Duty and Duty (aesthetically at least) is starting to look like Halo

Call of Halo: World at Reach 2 coming 2015

Sojgat

So Halo is moving more towards Duty and Duty (aesthetically at least) is starting to look like Halo

Call of Halo: World at Reach 2 coming 2015

Soon all FPS will just be called COD (this will no longer even be an acronym) and COD:Halo will just be the playlist which doesn't have kill streaks (hopefully).

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Just popped up on the website.
900x506_classified_10.jpg

according to callofduty.com there are 14900 sec left til the reveal O,o

Says 0018310.00 here.
So seeing as they are doing 100 seconds for some unknown reason, using my terrible maths skills, that is like 300 minutes or about 5 hours till reveal.

Damn it, this could be really cool. I'm not the biggest COD fan in the world (to say the least) but I always at least have some fun with the single player the first time through and the MP is almost always addicting.

And I like the look of the screens. Definitely different. Kudos to them for making me excited on a visual basis, finally.

Top Bottom