• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 [use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
people please stop complaining about the bow. bows are awesome o_O

'fight all the aliens and take back the city' seems like a terrible storyline though >_<

Thanks for posting this, man. Interesting that he mentions you'll be able to fire weapons while cloaked. I would think that's a little overpowering. Using stealth in C1 and 2, there always felt like a risk where you had to pick shots carefully when you decloaked.

you can only fire the bow while cloaked, and only specific arrow heads. (the exploding arrow heads will de-cloak you)

kewlmyc

What's up with the recent amount of game reveals? At this point, nothing is going to be a surprise once E3 gets here.

people please stop complaining about the bow. bows are awesome o_O

'fight all the aliens and take back the city' seems like a terrible storyline though >_<

For a modern shooter it sounds incredibly 90's. But if that means that they are putting more weight on level design, I welcome this Duke Nukem plot without major complains

For you guys worried about the limited environment: "The domes also create perfect gameplay sandboxes. "We wanted to go beyond your standard urban war field," says Hojengaard. "The domes act like super-accelerated greenhouses, and in each one there are different geographic regions. In this demo we're seeing the swamps." -from the Kotaku inverview.

Then why did you write something that contradicts that knowledge?

From what has been said by Crytek you will be playing as Prophet in Crysis 3. Not a Prophet possessed Alcatraz. Prophet.

Sorry that you think the story in Crysis 2 is good ... for some reason. It sucks. Cryteks stories have always sucked. There is a certain sci-fi game on the Nintendo Wii where at the end an armored space faring Abraham Lincoln and George Washington show up to help you. The story in that game makes more sense than anything Crytek has ever done.

Poorly done trailer but sheesh @ those visuals..it's almost (almost) a shame the next consoles are coming up because these machines are clearly have ample juice left..

Poorly done trailer but sheesh @ those visuals..it's almost (almost) a shame the next consoles are coming up because these machines are clearly have ample juice left..

Well we don't know if that was PC or console footage. More than likely PC. Crysis 2 had a few minor problems on consoles like the overall blurriness and framerate, but other than that it looked spectacular.

They should just concentrate on getting the framerate up and cleaning up what they already have running on consoles instead of trying to add "DX11 like" features that they claim that they are bringing to consoles.

Crytek create great looking games. Always have. And all 4 (counting Warhead) of their previous games have had great gameplay as well. But man do they just flat out lie constantly. You just cant trust anything that comes out of the mouth of Cevat Yerli.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
not really that impressive to me. If NanosuitNinja doesn't dig it then i'm definitely not sold. But i'll watch his Iron Man playthrough cause that guy channels god through his keyboard when he plays these games.

Alxjn

From what has been said by Crytek you will be playing as Prophet in Crysis 3. Not a Prophet possessed Alcatraz. Prophet.

Sorry that you think the story in Crysis 2 is good ... for some reason. It sucks. Cryteks stories have always sucked. There is a certain sci-fi game on the Nintendo Wii where at the end an armored space faring Abraham Lincoln and George Washington show up to help you. The story in that game makes more sense than anything Crytek has ever done.

I don't think it's good, but I also don't believe that it is the highest level of terrible in the history of ever. I wouldn't put Conduit 2 above it either.

This right here is the very beat part of the gen, when developers have a really solid understanding of the hardware and just about every game released is better-than-average at minimum, and sometimes truly spectacular.

Its why I'm (also?) in no rush for next gen. It'll take so damn long to get back to this point again, only to shift focus on the next-next-gen.

Ugh. Much prefer the city setting over jungle. Not appealing at all.
Yep. Hey, some bushes. And look, even more bushes. Let me see if I can crawl through some bushes. I'm crawling through bushes. Bushes.

When you think about it, bushes is a strange word. booooooooshes. Ok, the word no longer makes any sense.

Ahem. Moving on...

sp3000

Where do you want Crysis 3 to take place?
A tropical island again or ice landscape which were already in the original and fucked up your fps.

You know that there are other cities in the world other than NY and LA. Great cities that have far more interesting architecture.

Especially since the invasion is supposed to be worldwide, it's idiotic to have it only set in New York. It's even more funny coming from the German based Crytek trying so desperately to be like Hollywood.

Imagine a Crysis 3 set in Dubai or Hong Kong.

You know that there are other cities in the world other than NY and LA. Great cities that have far more interesting architecture.

Especially since the invasion is supposed to be worldwide, it's idiotic to have it only set in New York. It's even more funny coming from the German based Crytek trying so desperately to be like Hollywood.

Ugh, the city is encased within gigantic greenhouses with different geographical environments. Who cares what city it is? They're all overgrown with crazy plants and shit.

lilltias

The hate is strong in this one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

With the city being in ruins I don't think it really matters that much.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone else hoping that with Psycho playing a part in 3 that we'll get a port of Warhead to consoles? I really want to play that since I can't get enough Crysis but my computer is just an old Macbook.

dark10x

Anyone else hoping that with Psycho playing a part in 3 that we'll get a port of Warhead to consoles? I really want to play that since I can't get enough Crysis but my computer is just an old Macbook.
Nope.

Warhead felt like a half hearted expansion with low production values.

-GOUKI-

It was far more enjoyable than Crysis 2

I disagree completely. Warhead not only wasn't as fun as Crysis but i liked the graphics of Crysis too. Crysis 2 although more linear felt a lot like Half Life 2. One of the best fps games i've played in years.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Glad to see Crytek step up the art direction and getting creative with the weapons. I had to watch the video in slow motion though. This may be the best Crysis game yet! I still prefer Crysis to Crysis 2, but the problem is optimization. CE3 runs so much better on PC. That and the color pallette of Crysis hasn't aged too well. I'd gladly double dip for a port of the console Crysis on PC again.

Uhm, sure.
iWRQ2pzFBpvqo.png

If that's not console footage, they're certainly not maxing it out on PC are they?

Hmm, lots of aliasing going on, and the stuff in the foreground isn't too pretty. I'm no expert, but I'd hazard a guess at that being the 360 version.
Indeed. The trailer was cleverly mixed with much higher res stuff to fool the eye, but majority of first person footage looked console quality.

Tiny nitpick here, but did anyone else notice that the Ceph stealth kill was the exact same animation ripped from C2? And considering there was like, you know, ONE whole animation for that in C2, I really hope they sort that shit out.

Jibbed

Indeed. The trailer was cleverly mixed with much higher res stuff to fool the eye, but majority of first person footage looked console quality.

Yeah. The opening scenes (before the shit hit the fan) looked quite detailed, but after that I wasn't blown away by anything. It's already been said in the thread a thousand times, but what's shown in the trailer looks exactly like the 360 version of Crysis 2.

Unless it's a major step-up in the gameplay department, I won't be buying this.

Tiny nitpick here, but did anyone else notice that the Ceph stealth kill was the exact same animation ripped from C2? And considering there was like, you know, ONE whole animation for that in C2, I really hope they sort that shit out.

Good catch. It could just be a coincidence, but at this point we seem to be looking at an expansion for Crysis 2 rather than an entirely new game.

dark10x

It was far more enjoyable than Crysis 2
Not even remotely close.

Crysis 2 >>>>>>>> Warhead (for me, of course)

Warhead felt like a cheap mod rather than a proper Crysis game. I simply didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the original Crysis nor Crysis 2.

Yeah I noticed. =/

I'm hoping it's just because it's early days and they'll make some alternate animations between now and then,

RooMHM

If that's not console footage, they're certainly not maxing it out on PC are they?
Because it's impossible to max it out on PC. O:

I wouldn't go and compare Crysis 2 and HL2 tho. I feel like HL2 is way more and better scripted than the Crytek game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom