• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does this outfit look okay? |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
OP: Just wear a regular button up, tuck it in, and then throw on a tie. Sweater vests are not your look.

tie isn't business casual

nor would a tie and shirt look good

unless you're a retail manager

We all don't wear a Packers football jersey everyday :p

Getting me some boat shoes! And of course short socks, because all I have is long socks, can't imagine long socks with boat shoes.

If you get boat shoes buy no-show socks. Loafer socks.

LordCanti

tie isn't business casual

nor would a tie and shirt look good

unless you're a retail manager

It can be pulled off (picture courtesy of google, not me)

BQPY1.jpg

If he doesn't like that, he can just throw a jacket on and then immediately take the jacket off once he gets to the restaurant. Anything to avoid wearing that vest. Anything.

Heh, like i said, the light is really bad and the camera is not the brightest either, i would have used a timer, but i couldn't find a proper place to put my camera so i could get a clear view from head to toe, so i had to sit. My face on the other hand is not relevant.

Heh, I was thinking the opposite of the guy you quoted here...pants and shoes look great; wish the jacket was a little smaller. You look fly to me though, from what I can tell there.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Polos and sweater vests have no place in a business setting and should be banned from casual settings!!!!!

LORD i hate me a sweater vest

Just wear a dress shirt with "real slacks" and roll up your sleeves or something, unbutton your collar and wear a v-neck underneath, not a crew. Wear a belt.

Alucrid

Banned

BQPY1.jpg

If he doesn't like that, he can just throw a jacket on and then immediately take the jacket off once he gets to the restaurant. Anything to avoid wearing that vest. Anything.

Looks sloppy unbuttoned, looks dumb with a tie bar, and what did he do to those sleeves.

It would look better with just a button down, that's "business casual" and he can still wear a jacket over it. You don't need a vest, but you don't need a tie either.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Polos and sweater vests have no place in a business setting and should be banned from casual settings!!!!!

LORD i hate me a sweater vest

Just wear a dress shirt with "real slacks" and roll up your sleeves or something, unbutton your collar and wear a v-neck underneath, not a crew. Wear a belt.

That's my "look" about 90% of the time, both at work and while out, as well as just running errands and whatnot. It looks fancy, it can fit into casual, and you're ready for just about anything outside of a funeral or being sworn in as the President.

That said, I also rock the sweater vest during winter. I don't think it's that bad of a look, so long as everything is fitted correctly.

Some Google Images of what I might typically wear:

erez-4.jpg

black+sweater+vest.jpg

... sexy half-beard not included. ;p

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
yzi0F.jpg

How does this look? It's from a couple days back when I got the shirt and best in the mail.

yzi0F.jpg

How does this look? It's from a couple days back when I got the shirt and best in the mail.

Are you wearing two shirts and two vests here?

Edit

Seems a little excessive to me. All those articles of clothes (sans that hat, never a fan of those types of hats, but that's personal taste) look good, but combined look... off.

Unless that's one shirt with an odd collar and inside lining?

Though the outfit seems to make you really happy. So, I guess it's okay as long as you're filled with joy?

BQPY1.jpg

That dude didn't even fold his sleeves the right way. Also, lose the tie bar. Express has some nice shirt+tie outfits you can look at to just get a sense of how it should look.

LOL Amazing.

It's one vest and one shirt. Vest has outside black and connected to it is the gray. Shirt just has stripes on the collar and sleeves.

Ah, in that case it's fine. It's a bit busy for my tastes, but that's just my personal taste, I wouldn't be able to pull it off. You look alright.

this guy

LOL Amazing.

It's one vest and one shirt. Vest has outside black and connected to it is the gray. Shirt just has stripes on the collar and sleeves.
For the record I think you look good man. I would just need a look at the shoes and pants more to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom