• @NeoGAF

Riggs
Banned
(04-24-2012, 11:16 PM)
Was expecting people to be outraged.
FyreWulff
(04-24-2012, 11:29 PM)

Originally Posted by TheAzRim

This is pretty much a shitty situation. You dont want to spend tax money on a turd like this, but you cannot just ignore his history and let it pass.

As I already said, you spend more money constantly putting someone in jail than you do if you just send them through a detox and rehab program. If you just throw him jail for 5 years, he won't learn anything and will just resume what he's doing when he gets out.
Foxy Fox 39
Banned
(04-24-2012, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by les papillons sexuels

so, for 1 dollar the state's going to flip the bill on a 5 year prison sentence that will cost well into the thousands?

And people still fail to see why the 3 strike plan doesn't work.

i agree

edit: nvm 55 times? geez.
Jeff Albertson
(04-24-2012, 11:34 PM)
I did this at that huge Mcdonals on international drive in Florida when I was about 11

I got a cup and queued up but the queue was huge and went back to where my family was sat, in England I had never come across refillable drinks in plAces like that so didn't realise what I'd done till after I sat down

Although I can't remember if I filled it or not
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(04-24-2012, 11:34 PM)
Please don't be wh-- DAMMIT!!

Our justice system is insane if they think that a $1 is worth a felony charge
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(04-24-2012, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

As I already said, you spend more money constantly putting someone in jail than you do if you just send them through a detox and rehab program. If you just throw him jail for 5 years, he won't learn anything and will just resume what he's doing when he gets out.

Looking at his arrest record, seems like most offenses are just him being a shit head. How do you detox that?
FyreWulff
(04-24-2012, 11:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Slayven

Looking at his arrest record, seems like most offenses are just him being a shit head. How do you detox that?

because

Abaire faces additional misdemeanor counts of trespassing and disorderly intoxication.

Dishwalla
(04-24-2012, 11:36 PM)
Wow, really? We used to do that shit as kids, it was kind of like taking several cookies instead of the one free one at Albertsons.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(04-24-2012, 11:38 PM)
Bet he's blac-

Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz

Last edited by DrForester; 04-24-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Riggs
Banned
(04-24-2012, 11:39 PM)

Originally Posted by DrForester

Bet he's blac-

[IMG]http://i42.************/oqdru0.jpg[/IMG]

Lol
Snkfanatic
(04-24-2012, 11:51 PM)
Misleading thread title...
Darkmakaimura
(04-25-2012, 12:03 AM)
It's petty but this guy has had quite the criminal history. If this were anybody else, a slap on the wrist would be too much. That said, it's still petty and he should probably go to jail for it but treating it as a felony, even with said history, may be going a bit far.
Game-Biz
(04-25-2012, 12:05 AM)
Fuck that guy. Hope he enjoyed the last soda he'll ever have when he's rotting away in prison.
Mammoth Jones
(04-25-2012, 02:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Darkmakaimura

It's petty but this guy has had quite the criminal history. If this were anybody else, a slap on the wrist would be too much. That said, it's still petty and he should probably go to jail for it but treating it as a felony, even with said history, may be going a bit far.

I can't agree. Sorry. But he's been given chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance (repeat until 39)....

It wasn't just a dollar of soda. When the manager asked him to leave he refused. At that moment it was trespassing. Disorderly conduct, trespassing and theft. Combined with 39 priors....sorry but I have zero sympathy for him and would rather he be off the street.
Alligatorjandro
MONEY UP, BITCH
(04-25-2012, 02:25 AM)
He was a habitual line stepper.
ReBurn
(04-25-2012, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Professor Beef

Who the fuck is so broke that they have to con a McD for some soda?

A bag lady hit me up for 50 outside of a Subway restaurant yesterday. I'm guessing she fits the criteria.
EYEL1NER
(04-25-2012, 02:38 AM)
Man steals soda, faces felony.
Teller at McDonalds pocketed my $20 bill and still charged my card last night and I probably won't be able to get my money back.
Darkmakaimura
(04-25-2012, 05:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

I can't agree. Sorry. But he's been given chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance (repeat until 39)....

It wasn't just a dollar of soda. When the manager asked him to leave he refused. At that moment it was trespassing. Disorderly conduct, trespassing and theft. Combined with 39 priors....sorry but I have zero sympathy for him and would rather he be off the street.

I see what you're saying and I honestly don't fully disagree with you. He's obviously some kind of vagrant. He was disorderly. I just don't know if he should actually end up in prison with the big guys. There's plenty of truly nasty individuals who should be in the place he's going.

Then again, this may be the only way he'll learn (which he won't). I guess he'll be getting plenty of free sodas in prison so he won't have to worry 'bout that.

BTW, we don't really know the history of this guy and why he's the vagrant he is. Not trying to make excuses but maybe what this guy needs is some serious psychotherapy? Eh.... maybe this, maybe that. Who the fuck am I to say.

BTW, I'll go on record as saying I've committed the heinous crime of ordering water and filling it with a soft drink. LOL. However, I've always bought food. I've done this when I was short on money and could only afford the food and not the drink. Oh, I have done this intentionally at Taco Bell since they charge you for a water cup regardless of whether you make a food purchase or not.
Mordeccai
(04-25-2012, 05:45 AM)
Wait, is this really that big of a deal to you guys in this thread? I mean, the actual act of filling a water cup with soda?

I've done it a couple of times. So I save a few bucks on a meal. So I'd rather not pay the ridiculous markup for fucking syrup. I've never been called out on it before and I see it happen all the time.

Granted, if an employee did notice it and ask me to pay, I'd pay without question.
Syph Medwes
sharp knees?
yes please!
(04-25-2012, 05:46 AM)
In his defence though McDonalds' watered down root beer is really good for some reason.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(04-25-2012, 05:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

Your priors factor into it. Which would be why.

Yep, it is a three strike rule, after three counts of petty theft, it is a Felony.

I don't get why this was even posted here though, he is a repeat offender. Heck, this isn't even the first time he got a Felony for Petty Theft, he got one 5 years ago. This is the 4th time he has been charged with Petty Theft.

Originally Posted by les papillons sexuels

so, for 1 dollar the state's going to flip the bill on a 5 year prison sentence that will cost well into the thousands?

And people still fail to see why the 3 strike plan doesn't work.

Its a max of 5 years. They don't have to give him the jail time, they will likely just charge the $5k fine.
Last edited by Drkirby; 04-25-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Suite Pee
(04-25-2012, 05:51 AM)
"You voting this year?"
"Nah, stole a soda once"

edit: and 3 other things
Darkmakaimura
(04-25-2012, 05:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Mordeccai

Wait, is this really that big of a deal to you guys in this thread? I mean, the actual act of filling a water cup with soda?

I've done it a couple of times. So I save a few bucks on a meal. So I'd rather not pay the ridiculous markup for fucking syrup. I've never been called out on it before and I see it happen all the time.

Granted, if an employee did notice it and ask me to pay, I'd pay without question.

It's because this guy has done stuff like this over and over again. For the average person, this shouldn't even be so much as a slap on the wrist.
Acerac
(04-25-2012, 05:54 AM)

If I want to buy an item I tend to pay for it instead of stealing it. If it is outrageously marked up I just don't buy it.

I see people steal all the time. I still don't do it.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(04-25-2012, 05:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Suite Pee

"You voting this year?"
"Nah, stole a soda once"

edit: and 3 other things

Well, it is a way to stop people from repeat shoplifting. He has been charged 4 times in 10 years for just that one crime. He has a ton of counts of Trespassing, Open Container, and not paying his other fines (Which he did enough to get a felony charge, which was his first). Also one count of sneaking less then 20 grams of marijuana into jail, which was his second felony (The having the marijuana was just a misdemeanor, the sneaking it into jail was the felony)

This is also his fourth separate instance of him getting a felony, and his sixth felony in total (He got 3 felonies at once back in 2004 for so many fines not paid)
Last edited by Drkirby; 04-25-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Professor Beef
holds a doctorate in beef
(04-25-2012, 06:01 AM)

...It's a buck for some soda.
Mordeccai
(04-25-2012, 06:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Darkmakaimura

It's because this guy has done stuff like this over and over again. For the average person, this shouldn't even be so much as a slap on the wrist.

Originally Posted by Acerac

If I want to buy an item I tend to pay for it instead of stealing it. If it is outrageously marked up I just don't buy it.

I see people steal all the time. I still don't do it.

Fair enough.

Originally Posted by Professor Beef

...It's a buck for some soda.

Thats a McDouble, man!
(And only recently has McD's put that 1$ for all drinks into effect. Thank God they did, because 1.89$ for a small soda is nuts.)