• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Would be nice to have teleporters at the small "campsites" so that it make travelling back less of a chore. Not too bother at the moment though.
BTW, there's no buyback option from the merchants, is there? :-/

Prepping for launch. They'll probably go live @ midnight.

You can use Safe Haven Teleport Scrolls to take you back to town or you can use the "Unstuck" command every 30 minutes which does the same thing. Also, some campsites do have teleport masters but it's rare.

Scum

You can use Safe Haven Teleport Scrolls to take you back to town or you can use the "Unstuck" command every 30 minutes which does the same thing. Also, some campsites do have teleport masters but it's rare.

Oh. I know about the Safe Haven Scrolls. I'm just being lazy. :D

danno1769

Neo Member
There are instanced raids coming, and if you played the game you would know that even without them the content is more than plentiful. Personally I don't really know how they'll work instanced raids, single party stuff is crazy enough as it is.

I have been playing Since Saturday =)

Just think that having established end game (thats not "hard modes" which is easy mode for we dont feel like developing more at this time so this should be ok if we make things a little harder) would make people feel better about hitting cap. Raiding is the major thing that makes wow so appealing. It's gotta be in place or else the game will not make it

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't know there was more than one GAF guild on VoT.

We must remedy this.

G(af)vG(af), two GAF guilds enter one GAF guild leaves.

Xiaoki

Raiding is the major thing that makes wow so appealing. It's gotta be in place or else the game will not make it

And if Tera implements instanced raids as endgame progression it will be horrible.

Raids dont really work in Tera because of player collision. This is already a major complaint with the Nexus raids.

Melee classes cram themselves on the back side of the BAM and half of them are left doing nothing because they cant attack because 10 other melee are in the way.

They could disable player collision in instanced raids but I would rather they not compromise design to accommodate.

Wallach

I don't see a need for instanced raids. This game throws bigger bosses than most MMOs raid bosses at you as soon as level 20. I'd rather the PvE endgame be more focused on developing a ton of awesome 5 man content with a slice of it being catered to extreme difficulty.

NeOak

I don't see a need for instanced raids. This game throws bigger bosses than most MMOs raid bosses at you as soon as level 20. I'd rather the PvE endgame be more focused on developing a ton of awesome 5 man content with a slice of it being catered to extreme difficulty.

There is a hard mode for those that love self-flagellation

Weenerz

Banned
How many GAFers are there on the PVE server? I ended up buying it, and I prefer the PVE environment when it comes to MMOs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How many GAFers are there on the PVE server? I ended up buying it, and I prefer the PVE environment when it comes to MMOs.

There's a pretty hefty number of us. After I got home from work last night, there were like, 25-30+ on (at least). Someone else could probably give you a solid number.

NeOak

Out of the 146 in the guild right now, around ~50 are Gaffers that have listed their usernames, but there are more than that.

Jackl

Gank encounter yesterday. Sorc tries to get me while AoEing. Throws on shield, starts nuking me.

I popped full charge pen arrow into him, eats through his shield and damages for 5 k.

He panics and starts to retreat, zigzaging as I follow him. I aim forward of his path and let a full charge radiant arrow into his back. 12.5k crit. Falls to the floor.

/feels like a boss

Oh man. Crit and backblow crystal modifiers. So good.

Well looks like I'm stuck on starter island for the rest of eternity with my character. Beat the guy in the first dungeon but it's not popping up on my quest tracker as killing him. Go back. Empty dungeon. Am I doing something wrong?

Muddimar

Well looks like I'm stuck on starter island for the rest of eternity with my character. Beat the guy in the first dungeon but it's not popping up on my quest tracker as killing him. Go back. Empty dungeon. Am I doing something wrong?

So your actual quest log shows no kill on the boss? You should have a new marker on your map for the turn in on that quest. If the marker isn't there and the quest log shows no kill (even though you killed him) you may want to get some GM attention.

So your actual quest log shows no kill on the boss? You should have a new marker on your map for the turn in on that quest. If the marker isn't there and the quest log shows no kill (even though you killed him) you may want to get some GM attention.

Yes that's exactly what is is. I killed the boss. The quest log didn't update. Teleport out to see if it would update then. Nothing. So I'm kind of stuck at the end of start island with really nothing else to do.

Has anyone with an AMD card and the 12.4 drivers tried out MLAA 2.0 yet? I'm happy with my 4X MSAA performance but still curious about the results.. might give it a shot when I get home today.

Dizzy-4U

So guys, I'm not familiar with mmo rules so how does the looting system works when you are in a party? Everyone gets an item no matter who picked it up?

Wallach

So guys, I'm not familiar with mmo rules so how does the looting system works when you are in a party? Everyone gets an item no matter who picked it up?

No, the group leader has to define the loot rules. You can set it to either "Free for All" which is just whoever picks up whatever, or you can go "Round Robin" and narrow it down to make it show a roll window when items of a certain quality drop. There's also other options, like making it so items that show roll windows can only be initially rolled on by classes that can equip the item. Gold is split equally between all party members.

Dizzy-4U

No, the group leader has to define the loot rules. You can set it to either "Free for All" which is just whoever picks up whatever, or you can go "Round Robin" and narrow it down to make it show a roll window when items of a certain quality drop. There's also other options, like making it so items that show roll windows can only be initially rolled on by classes that can equip the item. Gold is split equally between all party members.
Ah, interesting. Guess I'll have to watch over that when I join randoms.

Liberty4all

Banned
GM fixed my glitch. Finally off the starter island. Game is gorgeous when you take that first pegasus ride.

Yeah I really enjoyed it as well. I had a glitch on the starter island though where I killed the last boss solo but it didn't register the kill. Had to go back in with a group to do it again.

Top Bottom