• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Triple U
Banned
(04-27-2012, 09:43 PM)

Originally Posted by ClovingSteam

OkC and San Antonio are both better road teams than Miami and have nearly an identical home record.

True but still, it wouldn't be shocking at all.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Triple U

True but still, it wouldn't be shocking at all.

Sure it would. As Supreme showed it doesn't happen that much. The last time was almost a decade ago.
Triple U
Banned
(04-27-2012, 09:47 PM)

Sure it would. As Supreme showed it doesn't happen that much. The last time was almost a decade ago.

Nope. SA main cogs are old as hell, this has been a rough season and MIA has a prime LBJ/WADE. OKC would be kinda suprising but still.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 09:48 PM)

Nope. SA main cogs are old as hell, this has been a rough season and MIA has a prime LBJ/WADE. OKC would be kinda suprising but still.

It's not Miami winning the series that would be shocking, it would be them winning all three at home. I still think Miami is winning it all but they aren't winning all three at home. They will do what Dallas did last year.
SUPREME1
Banned
(04-27-2012, 09:50 PM)

I love how if Okc or San Antonio gets to the finals they'll have HCA over the Heat.

Cap is back <3

DARK HORSE LAKERS ARE NOW WHOLE.
ItWasMeantToBe19
(04-27-2012, 09:50 PM)
Al's 5.2% Turnover percentage this year is the lowest for starters since turnovers started being tracked, that's cool.
Gabyskra
Banned
(04-27-2012, 09:53 PM)
Remember when there were talks of the Heat losing less than 10 games in a season? Now they got 20 in a shortened season...
CoffeeJanitor
(04-27-2012, 09:53 PM)
EIGHTEENTH PICK FUTURE

Rodeo, did you read the Kahn/Adelman end of season presser? Seems like Kahn still irrationally thinks that the young players will get better, while Adelman wants change. I'm guessing that Taylor's pocketbook will win out and we'll be looking at more cheap moves and resigned crap players.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by SUPREME1

Cap is back <3

DARK HORSE LAKERS ARE NOW WHOLE.

<3 my man.

I'm ready to be the Randy Quaid of Lakers Age.
DY_nasty
#notmine
(04-27-2012, 09:58 PM)

This is not prime Wade.

But Miami not winning would be joke.
Alrix
(04-27-2012, 10:01 PM)

Originally Posted by DY_nasty

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...lieve_Warriors

And that's all I need.

Do it, Knicks. You overpaid, super team wannabe, bastards... You have my trollsword.

I knew I liked you
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:03 PM)

Originally Posted by DY_nasty

This is not prime Wade.

But Miami not winning would be joke.

Yes, it would. I just don't see it happening. I am still expecting LeBron to show up in the fourth this time.
Justin Timberlake
(04-27-2012, 10:08 PM)

Originally Posted by ItWasMeantToBe19

Al's 5.2% Turnover percentage this year is the lowest for starters since turnovers started being tracked, that's cool.

Pretty hard to turn it over when you never pass.
tmdorsey
(04-27-2012, 10:10 PM)
You know I feel better about our chances in the first round than I did when Horford first went down.

Yeah that's all I got
Doomsayer
(04-27-2012, 10:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Justin Timberlake

Kobe is pretty good at it.

:(
Alrix
(04-27-2012, 10:11 PM)
Fuck. Tyson has the flu..."strong possibility" he misses game 1.

oh, knicks.
Mothman91
(04-27-2012, 10:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Alrix

oh, knicks.

Damn.

Miami should be able to score 150 easily now.
Justin Timberlake
(04-27-2012, 10:14 PM)

Originally Posted by tmdorsey

You know I feel better about our chances in the first round than I did when Horford first went down.

Yeah that's all I got

I don't know why so many people are writing off the Hawks in that series. tbh I think it can go either way.

How healthy Ray is might decide it; if he isn't 80+% by game 2, the Hawks might start with a quick 2-0 lead. The series will be unnecessarily long cause its the Hawks, but I just look at the matchups and everything seems tilted ATL's way. Joe Johnson and J-smooth are problems

The Celtics have the better team tho, and they've been great the 2nd half of the season, so I wouldn't put it past them to overcome it.

oh, knicks.

Woodson with the rope-a-dope?

Tyson flu game incoming!
Last edited by Justin Timberlake; 04-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.
The M.O.B
important Canuck facts
(04-27-2012, 10:17 PM)

oh, knicks.

He will play, he knows how much the Knicks need him for every game.
Rodeo Clown
All aboard! The Love train!

Originally Posted by CoffeeJanitor

EIGHTEENTH PICK FUTURE

Rodeo, did you read the Kahn/Adelman end of season presser? Seems like Kahn still irrationally thinks that the young players will get better, while Adelman wants change. I'm guessing that Taylor's pocketbook will win out and we'll be looking at more cheap moves and resigned crap players.

I got updates on Twitter, but I didn't read it. Kahn defending his garbage doesn't surprise me. I will be pissed if scrubs like Webster get brought back, though.
DeathbyVolcano
Banned
Is Lin out for the first round as well?
Alrix
(04-27-2012, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by DeathbyVolcano

Is Lin out for the first round as well?

Yep. Could be back for the second round.
Justin Timberlake
(04-27-2012, 10:19 PM)

Yep. Could be back for the second round.

2nd round.

good one
Red Blaster
downloading Angry Birds
(04-27-2012, 10:19 PM)
Heat in 1
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Red Blaster

Heat in 1

They already won.
reilo
learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
(04-27-2012, 10:22 PM)
Report: Knicks' Chandler (flu) may miss Gm. 1
DY_nasty
#notmine
(04-27-2012, 10:22 PM)
Bosh v Amare

5000 word orgasm in the works
ItWasMeantToBe19
(04-27-2012, 10:23 PM)

12.3% assist rate isn't that bad. Much better than guys like Hibbert or Bynum.
reilo
(04-27-2012, 10:23 PM)
I can understand why Amare is sucking (bad knees, bad back, bad cornrows), but what's Bosh's excuse?
Alrix
(04-27-2012, 10:24 PM)

2nd round.

good one

I'm just saying how long he's been reported to be out for since his injury happened.

No need to be a douche.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:25 PM)

I'm just saying how long he's been reported to be out for since his injury happened.

No need to be a douche.

lol. really man? you think THAT is being a douche?
Zep
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:25 PM)
Trax to tell us(in many many words) how Wade is holding back the Lebron/Bosh superteam.
Justin Timberlake
(04-27-2012, 10:26 PM)
As a last resort, down 3-0, Woodson will try to create a modern-day Willis Reed moment: as the Garden smoke clears, Lin will trot onto the court, wave to his legion of supporters, and suit up to play.

Melo will take this as an affront to his alpha status and lay on the court motionless as the Knicks play 4 on 5.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Zep

Trax to tell us(in many many words) how Wade is holding back the Lebron/Bosh superteam.

Alrix
(04-27-2012, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by reilo

I can understand why Amare is sucking (bad knees, bad back, bad cornrows), but what's Bosh's excuse?

Amare looked pretty good yesterday. I know it was the Bobcats so you can't put much into his numbers from the game, but the way he was moving, jumping, shooting etc, was promising.

Haven't been watching Bosh a whole lot but I thought he was having a really good year?
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
(04-27-2012, 10:29 PM)

The M.O.B
important Canuck facts
(04-27-2012, 10:30 PM)

Lebron refuses to give Bosh the ball unless he is atleast 20ft out.
MorisUkunRasik
so many racists
gotta adjust my hat
(04-27-2012, 10:31 PM)

Bad facilitators, bad coach, bad fans.
Justin Timberlake
(04-27-2012, 10:32 PM)
Its pretty fucking ridiculous that the Heat have taken someone as talented as Chris Bosh and reduced him to a spot up jumpshooter.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:33 PM)

Its pretty fucking ridiculous that the Heat have taken someone as talented as Chris Bosh and reduced him to a spot up jumpshooter.

Huh? Chris Bosh has taken Chris Bosh and reduced himself to a spot up jumpshooter.
Justin Timberlake
(04-27-2012, 10:39 PM)

Huh? Chris Bosh has taken Chris Bosh and reduced himself to a spot up jumpshooter.

Thats true to a degree, but I kinda find it hard to blame him

His coach has absolutely no idea what his talents are. They literally started using him as a low post guy for half his first year in Miami. He told them thats not who he is as a player; apparently they hadn't watched a single Raptor game before signing him. To his credit, he tried to bulk up to play the position they were force fitting him too, but ultimately, when it became painfully obvious, they conceded to logic. Now their definition of using him in the "high-post" is having him stand there and swing the ball between Bron and Wade in the middle, and take the occassional jumper.

Its comical.
reilo
(04-27-2012, 10:40 PM)

His coach has absolutely no idea what his talents are. They literally started using him as a low post guy for half his first year in Miami. He told them thats not who he is as a player; apparently they hadn't watched a single Raptor game before signing him. Now their definition of using him in the "high-post" is having him stand there and swing the ball between Bron and Wade in the middle, and take the occassional jumper.

Its comical.

I remember reading an article where Spoelstra pointed out that they figured out that they could post Bosh up on the other side of the court.
The M.O.B
important Canuck facts
(04-27-2012, 10:41 PM)
Bosh on the right block is money, he can take any number of opposing PF's there and draw fouls easily.

Too bad he only gets this opportunity a few minutes a game when Lebron is not on the court
Last edited by The M.O.B; 04-27-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Canuck76
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by RBH

Yup, black & white is my fave scheme.

Are the Uni's black and white too?
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(04-27-2012, 10:44 PM)

His coach has absolutely no idea what his talents are. They literally started using him as a low post guy for half his first year in Miami. He told them thats not who he is as a player; apparently they hadn't watched a single Raptor game before signing him. To his credit, he tried to bulk up to play the position they were force fitting him too, but ultimately, when it became painfully obvious, they conceded to logic. Now their definition of using him in the "high-post" is having him stand there and swing the ball between Bron and Wade in the middle, and take the occassional jumper.

Its comical.

But again, Bosh signed with the Heat. He knew he was going to be the third go-to guy. LeBron and Wade would have the most shots and would be the centerpiece of the offense. Bosh went there willingly.
MorisUkunRasik
so many racists
gotta adjust my hat
(04-27-2012, 10:47 PM)
Considering how weak the east is at PF, Spo is a moron for not going to Bosh more often.
giri
(04-27-2012, 10:47 PM)
love it, on the first page of the play off thread, bitching about not getting enough rest.
DY_nasty
#notmine
(04-27-2012, 10:49 PM)

lol. really man? you think THAT is being a douche?

Rookies ain't ready.

Playoff charsace is here

Rookies ain't ready...
Emwitus
car flags....
car flags everywhere
(04-27-2012, 10:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Gabyskra

Remember when there were talks of the Heat losing less than 10 games in a season? Now they got 20 in a shortened season...

Why does knicks age always speak like they didn't try the same thing with Chauncey, stat and melo?
Justin Timberlake
(04-27-2012, 10:53 PM)

But again, Bosh signed with the Heat. He knew he was going to be the third go-to guy. LeBron and Wade would have the most shots and would be the centerpiece of the offense. Bosh went there willingly.

Hes not supposed to be the alpha so what is he supposed to do? Yell at Bron/Wade while they are winning so many games? Those two seem like the kind who wouldn't respond well to criticism...at all.

Everything that he can control hes pretty much done; hes actually pretty damn good defensively now, despite the knocks against him early in his career, and the way he worked on his body in the summer is admirable. His rebounding is suspect as usual, but hes still the best on the team...

I don't usually do this with the Heat but I sympathize with him; I think he shouldn't have joined a super team cause he should've believed in his own abilities enough to do it on his own, but beyond that, I don't know what hes done wrong. They've got him shooting 3s out there ffs.