• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale GTTV Video

KillGore

Sony fans=we want a crossover fighting game like Smash Bros.
Sony=Sure why the fuck not it could be fun.

Nintendo Fanboys:
133269720257.jpg

Basically this lol I'm not sure why they are even that bothered, it's not like Smash sales will be affected by this, and besides, a little competition is always good. Smash has been mostly the only fighter in its own style and now that it has a competition (a competition of pride, not sales) maybe we'll see them making even bigger chances. A lot of fighting games look alike, a lot of shooters look alike, RPGs, music games, etc.

Am I the only one who's most interested in Snake being in this? He seems like a shoe in but will they alter his moveset a lot from Brawls? We already know he's probably not getting the same special as the Killzone guy has that now.

Maybe Raiden from MGS4?

Am I the only one who's most interested in Snake being in this? He seems like a shoe in but will they alter his moveset a lot from Brawls? We already know he's probably not getting the same special as the Killzone guy has that now.

This is what Sakurai was talking about when he said he wanted to do things differently with the next smash, this shit is all starting to make sense guys. Gaf your knowledge and prediction abilities are vast! keep this up!

Sakurai has to mix things up. Otherwise, what would Sony do for ideas?

LiK

Maybe Old Snake or Revengeance Raiden instead.

guek

Banned

lol, good question. Snake was fantastic in brawl, but I'll venture a guess and say they try to distance his moveset in this game from SSBB as much as possible.

Chavelo

Sony just can't seem to stop copying Nintendo. I forget who, but when Sony announced Sixaxis for their controller, someone from Nintendo said "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." I think that applies here as well.

I'm just quoting this to... well, you know.

Man, not even gonna try to join and have a good discussion in this thread. Just gonna sit back and enjoy the carnage that will come out of Sony All-Stars threads. The next few days will surely be full of fun. :D

The issue with the visuals is that not only did they choose darker stages to show off, but there's a very hazy look to everything, backgrounds especially. The game doesn't look SHARP. That's why people might say SSBBrawl looks better. That game is often colorful, clean, clear, and SHARP.

It'll probably be Old Snake, and he'll have guns so there are 2 differences.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The issue with the visuals is that not only did they choose darker stages to show off, but there's a very hazy look to everything, backgrounds especially. The game doesn't look SHARP. That's why people might say SSBBrawl looks better. That game is often colorful, clean, clear, and SHARP.

And as mentioned a few times, it has a well done cohesive art style. Seeing Kratos/Sly/Sweet Tooth/Fat Princess all with ugly auras around them don't really mesh.

Penguin

I feel like they missed making a better first impression with having Drake and Kratos going at it to properly reveal the game.

I feel its Sony's two biggest figure heads and would get folks more jacked for this title.

Raxus

As much as I would love for her (and even Dante) to be in the game, you're going to have to pick characters that had a BIG IMPACT with PlayStation like Solid Snake.

The problem is Snake is already in SSBB. MGS4 Raiden could work. It is hard to pick fighters for a series since some of them are already in fighting games. I doubt any Square Enix characters will get in because SE has their own fighting game. A Kojima character or two has to sneak in. I would love ZoE to get some love. If anything this is a great chance for Sony to bring attention to some long dormant franchises.

Soul Reaver anyone?

Loudninja

I feel like they missed making a better first impression with having Drake and Kratos going at it to properly reveal the game.

I feel its Sony's two biggest figure heads and would get folks more jacked for this title.
For E3 most likely, Drake is always at E3.

Raxus

How is the LBP stage "meh"? The stage starts out blank and is gradually built as you play. That's a very cool concept.

But will the physics be all out of whack?

Like guek said it could just be the feed but it didn't look great from the video. It will probably look better in HD.

Noticeably worse visuals? What are you talking about? The quality of the stream is absolute shit so it's hard to compare, but nothing looks impressive about it, and to me, Brawl looks better, specially art-direction wise. Oh, and it's a game running on ancient hardware.

Yeah, it looks considerably worse than the PS game, lol lol.

As far as uninteresting character goes, shit, someone like Radec or Fat Princess wouldn't make it as assistant trophies on Smash. Tell me with a straight face that you think those are cool characters, specially for a game called "All-Star Battle Royale"

720P and way more effects/activity going on throughout the levels.

Way to post an incredibly tiny pic to somehow prove your point?

I think Smash Bros looks good for the hardware its on, but come on. It can't compete with this. Art style is subjective, I've heard some people claim Mario Galaxy looks better than the best looking PC games on the highest settings. I think they both have similarly appealing artstyles, which is why I was instantly happy when I was shown footage of Playstation All Stars because it had the same sort of look and vibe to it as Smash Bros, just with a different cast of characters, HD screen quality and other next-gen effects.

I think Fat Princess and Radec are cool characters. Fat princess is just downright funny, and Radec has a pretty iconic look to him, Killzone series has some awesome looking baddies. Sorry, I guess he's not as cool as "Ice Climbers" to you, to me, they work just as well if not better.

Yuripaw

Banned
I'm just quoting this to... well, you know.

Man, not even gonna try to join and have a good discussion in this thread. Just gonna sit back and enjoy the carnage that will come out of Sony All-Stars threads. The next few days will surely be full of fun. :D

I swear this is the honest to god truth, but my post there was not meant to start an argument or piss anyone off. I was just calling it like I see it. I don't dislike Sony, I think they have the best hardware this generation. I grew up with Nintendo, so maybe I have a little bit of nostalgia and fanboyism in me, but I rarely even play my Wii, and think my PS3 is the favorite of my current systems.

NeoUltima

http://www.psisozone.com/images/cover/thumbs/thumb_965.jpg
That game was IMO better than Mario Kart so I hope this game has same quality in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Crash...it would be sad if he (and Spyro) don't get in this because the properties got sold off.

Also I liked how careful they were in the video to avoid mentioning Smash Bros. Even Keighley, despite the fact that the absolute quickest way to explain this game is "Smash Bros. with Sony characters"

Just seemed awkward.

I'm surprised how poor (visually) and uninspired (well, more like too inspired) this looks, but it could be fun. Unfortunately, my Power Stone itch remains unscratched.

botty

Banned
Do people throwing out the term fanboys left and right actually think this game looks good? And I'm not saying it wont be, though I am currently unimpressed by what I've seen.

And if it does look good, what did you find appealing?

This game won't compare to Smash bros, imo. However, there are some characters (Parappa mostly lol) that I miss and adore. The level mixture is also a cool approach to level design.

Sony doesn't have an arsenal of beloved characters like Nintendo, but they're working with what they got. Jus my 2 cents

tzare

never understood the love for SMB so the same goes for this. But i guess that if you enjoyed SMB this may be a great thing, like a sequel only with characters from other universe. Well, except forsome Nintendo fans that seem to be on the hating side

prwxv3

I like how you speak of Sony "fans" and Nintendo "fanboys"

There are Sony fanboys, Nintendo fanboys, Sony fans, and Nintendo fans. The Nintendo fans are the ones that are not shitting up this thread with nonsense and if they have a negative opinion they state it respectfully.

Top Bottom