• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Fancy Corndog
(07-29-2012, 01:33 AM)
We don't even have two characters from one franchise, having the same (generic looking) character twice is terrible.

I like inFamous, I like Cole, but having him twice in this game really detracts from the entire list for me.

The stages are great looking, I love the LocoRoco one. They seem totally legit, unless some very bored and very talented troll had a day off.

The roster (combined with everything already revealed) is very solid with a couple of missing things that will hopefully be added in DLC. That part seems less legit than the stages, though.
Last edited by Fancy Corndog; 07-29-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Cisce

Originally Posted by Pai Pai Master

Yeah, but that LocoRoco stage could be easily done in a 3D engine, especially on a PS3. They could also keep the camera locked at a certain angle (i.e., basically turn the game into a 2D platformer) in order to keep it faithful to the LocoRoco inspiration.

That could actually work pretty well thinking about it. I think the biggest problem that would cause this is that I have no clue how you'd go about having a 3D Loco Roco stage.
V_Ben

Originally Posted by Loudninja

We don't even have a damn source.

Exactly. The stage concepts look interesting enough, but I imagine the characters in the centre are either faked, or guessed at from text in the files.
Zabuza
Agreed. I hope this is fake. But if the stages are real I'll be happy.
cyborg009
(07-29-2012, 01:34 AM)
I rather see Evil Cole as a boss in story mode
The Grim Heaper

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

Why would it show portraits that aren't in-game? These are all photos taken from the internet. The sly stage does seem believable though.

Seriously. The official Toro portrait and the one in the "leaked" pic don't match at all.

Zabuza

Originally Posted by cyborg009

I rather see Evil Cole as a boss in story mode

All bosses should be playable unless they're really big or insanely OP.
Silent_Ocarina
(07-29-2012, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by LuuKyK

Can someone post that photo of a PC on the Superbot website? The one they zoomed in on the PC and apparently had a stage in it? We could compare to the ones in the leak.

Because each characters (in the story mode) has a rival. And the two Coles have different powers. (Ice, Fire, etc...)

It resembles the third stage on the top row.
SmithnCo
(07-29-2012, 01:35 AM)

Can someone post that photo of a PC on the Superbot website? The one they zoomed in on the PC and apparently had a stage in it? We could compare to the ones in the leak.

I have this version, someone probably has the clean one.

Pai Pai Master
(07-29-2012, 01:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Zabuza

Why have Cole in the game with just good powers? It's stupid as hell but yeah. Should be a skin.

I don't really think that's how they should represent Cole at all. He's a character that has two extremely different visual styles, abilities, and personalities in the game he comes from. I think to properly have Cole in a game like this you need both Good and Evil Cole to be separate playable characters.

I'm okay with all of this except for DINO if it's legit, and wouldn't be surprised or upset if this was incomplete or some of this is old and has since been scrapped.
WinFonda
It's possible those were characters the person receiving the leaked stage pics was told were going to be in the game, and so he just added the portraits to the pic like that. The stages seem like pretty decent ideas. Evil Cole makes it really hard to believe though.

Perhaps Evil Cole doesn't take up an additional character slot, but he's a more significant alt costume? Like his skills get changed a bit, or only cosmetically...
SSReborn
If anything Evil Cole should be explored in the sequel not the first game
cyborg009

All bosses should be playable unless they're really big or insanely OP.

He kinda is, his attacks are mainly explosive
LuuKyK
(07-29-2012, 01:37 AM)
Yep. Third one. Top.

Zabuza
(07-29-2012, 01:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Pai Pai Master

I don't really think that's how they should represent Cole at all. He's a character that has two extremely different visual styles, abilities, and personalities in the game he comes from. I think to properly have Cole in a game like this you need both Good and Evil Cole to be separate playable characters.

But they'd still be very similar and still the same character. We need more variety and having a clone or semi clone in the game is bullshit.
SmithnCo
(07-29-2012, 01:38 AM)
Side by side

Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(07-29-2012, 01:39 AM)

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

Side by side

Based on those big boxes on the right and left that looks more akin to the stage design for Metropolis.
Oyashrio-Sama
But Good Cole is just called Cole. Would they really call him Evil Cole? Maybe Kessler....

Where are these supposed to be from?

I say this is all fake...
k_Reign
EDIT: I think I may stay away from this whole "leak" business. I just want to see the characters and stages when they are announced. I still think that the characters look more like a dream roster that someone's made than anything.
Last edited by k_Reign; 07-29-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Silent_Ocarina
(07-29-2012, 01:40 AM)
Perhaps we can match the character portraits with other images on the Internet. This will help give or take away the credibility of the image.

There are some differences between the two Ape Escape images.
NoirVisage
Banned
(07-29-2012, 01:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Raonak

I really hope it's fake.

DINO being in this game is gonna be a massive dissapoint.

that being included is a MASSIVE red flag, so is Evil cole, it doesn't make sense from any standpoint.
YoungOne
(07-29-2012, 01:41 AM)
If it's real then evil Cole will most likely be an alternate costume.
Last edited by YoungOne; 07-29-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(07-29-2012, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by NoirVisage

that being included is a MASSIVE red flag, so is Evil cole, it doesn't make sense from any standpoint.

The red flag should have been the word leaked all over the pictures and no source.
baekshi

Yep. Third one. Top.

I thought that was the final boss... =(
SSReborn
The Evil Cole thing does actually make sense to me seeing as Good Coles missing what I think is his most iconic move when he calls down the lightning strikes and I was wondering why they didn't use that.

edit: Yeah I don't get the point of putting watermarks all over it that doesn't make any sense makes it seem very fake but the Sly stage really can't recall anything like that in the games..
Zabuza
(07-29-2012, 01:44 AM)
Yeah but damn some of those stages look too legit.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(07-29-2012, 01:45 AM)

Yeah but damn some of those stages look too legit.

Again how so?

You see a small pic of a area from a series.
Pai Pai Master

Originally Posted by SSReborn

The Evil Cole thing does actually make sense to me seeing as Good Coles missing what I think is his most iconic move when he calls down the lightning strikes and I was wondering why they didn't use that.

Yeah, Good Cole gets the Ice Spikes and Vortex for lv2 and 3, Evil Cole would get a Nyx power for level 2 and the Lightning Storm for level 3.
Ryce

Originally Posted by Loudninja

Again how so?

Who the hell would make that from scratch? It would take weeks.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(07-29-2012, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Ryce

Who the hell would make that from scratch? It would take weeks.

Make what?

You are so sure its real for no reason,we had so many fakes for plenty of games I am not buying this at all.
Zabuza
(07-29-2012, 01:46 AM)
It could be a pic from the actual game just cleverly edited to look like PSABR stage.
Takao
Hello friend!
(07-29-2012, 01:47 AM)
I tried running a Google image search for that LocoRoco stage and got this:

Bless you Google.
Oyashrio-Sama
They look drawn to me, like they are concept pictures.

That Jak portrait isn't the same as the Jak thats in the game. Hair is too long.
Zabuza
If Snake or Big Boss isn't in the game I'll be sorely disappointed.
tribal24
(07-29-2012, 01:48 AM)
hmm seeing that cole and nathan hale look alike maybe that can be a chimeran nathan hale? I don't know i just don't want evil cole taking a spot, it would suck.
Takao
Hello friend!

If Snake or Big Boss isn't in the game I'll be sorely disappointed.

Rising is the game that's launching before any new MGS game. Please understand.
SSReborn
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi2lMEXTLXk

This is what the "Sly stage" is based off of
JazzmanZ
(07-29-2012, 01:50 AM)
my favorite part of the fighting game hype: denial
Pai Pai Master

It could be a pic from the actual game just cleverly edited to look like PSABR stage.

Doesn't look like a PS2 game to me. Definitely couldn't be from Sly 4.
Zabuza

Originally Posted by Takao

Rising is the game that's launching before any new MGS game. Please understand.

I do understand and I'm all for MGR Raiden in the game. But I'm a huge MGS fan so you can understand where I'm coming from right?
Fancy Corndog
(07-29-2012, 01:51 AM)
Honestly I'd feel a lot better if only Evil Cole wasn't there. It kind of shits on the whole thing.
Zabuza
(07-29-2012, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Fancy Corndog

Honestly I'd feel a lot better if only Evil Cole wasn't there. It kind of shits on the whole thing.

I'd rather have JEN TATE.
SmithnCo
(07-29-2012, 01:52 AM)

Originally Posted by tribal24

hmm seeing that cole and nathan hale look alike maybe that can be a chimeran nathan hale? I don't know i just don't want evil cole taking a spot, it would suck.

Oh, that would make more sense.
LuuKyK
(07-29-2012, 01:52 AM)

Source is a friend of friend of a friend. Reliable source.
I have couple more clearer pictures of stages I'd like to post.

lol right.
Zabuza
(07-29-2012, 01:53 AM)
Well hopefully he'll post some more clearer pics so we can disprove him.

I think it could be real.
Takao
Hello friend!
(07-29-2012, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Fancy Corndog

It really does because there's no justification for it. He's already represented. It's a spot that could've gone to a series that didn't.

I do understand and I'm all for MGR Raiden in the game. But I'm a huge MGS fan so you can understand where I'm coming from right?

You can also understand why Konami may only be lending out Raiden to try to build up more interest prior to Rising's release, right? Snake isn't foreign to these crossover brawlers, but to be honest with you Raiden probably would offer more to the game in terms of moves than Snake.
The Grim Heaper
(07-29-2012, 01:54 AM)

lol right.

What, you don't trust his friend's friend's friend?
Takao
Hello friend!
(07-29-2012, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

Oh, that would make more sense.

Still an awful choice. Resistance is dead and buried and there's nothing I can see that character offering that isn't already covered by someone else. The fact he can also be easily confused for another roster character makes matters even worse.
SmithnCo
(07-29-2012, 01:55 AM)

lol right.

WHY ISN'T HE POSTING THEM

Originally Posted by Takao

Still an awful choice. Resistance is dead and buried and there's nothing I can see that character offering that isn't already covered by someone else. The fact he can also be easily confused for another roster character makes matters even worse.

The fact that we could confuse him for evil Cole is indeed hilarious. Not a great pick if he is in, IMO.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(07-29-2012, 01:55 AM)

lol right.

Yeah I believe it now.