• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

corporate cheerleader
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:07 AM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar

Originally Posted by Urvan

No for Jenny Tate or whatever her name is!

Your trolling was off the hook, regards.
SSReborn
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:10 AM)
SSReborn's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMink

It does if you try to power through Kratos with him lol.

Even against Kratos I don't think he's really hampered his command counter is very effective as an option for the lack of block. Then his electric slide is basically his alternative for a roll.
thepotatoman
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:11 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Figboy79

Level 3's seem to be geared towards a casual player that may not be that proficient with utilizing the Level 1 and 2 skills proficiently, but still wants to get a kill or two in.

From my experiences with the beta, it seems like the more advanced players are doing work with the Level 1 and 2 supers.

But would it really hurt casual players if they were a little bit easier to get to? I really think the AP meter hurts even casual players in the end, especially after they give us a little more onscreen info.

They are retooling the UI, hopefully including a meter that better shows how much harder it is to get a level 3 than a level 1. And from my experience with smash, even casual players like to play in stock mode all of the time, and I think even they are going to get suspicious when they see a level one user blow through peoples stocks, while that level 3 they worked all match to get only takes off a fifth of everyone's lives. I think for the way kills work here, anti-stock is going to be the better mode but it still applies.

Hell even with my plan, level 1s are still the best. Three level 1s for most characters are going to be beneficial to those that know how to use them. If there is a casual that can only kill with level 3s, it's going to benefit him that he could easily throw a level 3 out and even have time to build another level 2 or 3. It brings him up closer to my level, while still giving me the advantage.
Urvan
Banned
(08-09-2012, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by corporate cheerleader

Your trolling was off the hook, regards.

Why label me as troll ? it's not trolling it's called "the other opinion", you can't label anything you don't agree with as trolling.
corporate cheerleader
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:13 AM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar
You're always welcome here.
thepotatoman
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:16 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by SSReborn

I think I get what your getting at and a thought just occured to me would you guys like to see a system in the sequel where characters have multiple supers for each level? (except for level 3) You can choose which one you want to equip at the character select screen It would basically be like what they had for the Naruto games from the PS2 era.

So for level 1 I'd have 3 supers to choose from, Level 2 I'd have 2 Supers

Each having their own strengths and weaknesses and would be chosen based upon which one works better for the individual character.

My gut says it sounds to complicated, and would take up development time id rather have spent on making new characters. But I'd be willing to see it in action at least.

Doing some balance changes to make level 2 and 3s actually viable would be a much greater benefit for much less.
B.O.O.M
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:16 AM)
B.O.O.M's Avatar
I dunno guys..all jokes aside, Jane tate could actually be a very interesting character for the game
Shahed
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:20 AM)
Shahed's Avatar
Kratos seems the most popular character overall. He might not be my favourite there (Sly), but he's pretty easily the most recognisable
PartTimeWarrior
FullTimeStruggle
(08-09-2012, 01:22 AM)
PartTimeWarrior's Avatar
Just got into the beta, PSN: Yoko337
Fancy Corndog
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:24 AM)
Fancy Corndog's Avatar
Yeah I'm not sure about the question lol.

I think my answer is still Sly. I see more people use Sly lately, I think.

Kratos is the most recognizable, Sly is the most used- that's what I was trying to say.
corporate cheerleader
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:26 AM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar

Originally Posted by PartTimeWarrior

Just got into the beta, PSN: Yoko337

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484292 <--- Here's the beta thread, check OP for info.

Originally Posted by Fancy Corndog

Yeah I'm not sure about the question lol. I think my answer is still Sly. I see more people use Sly lately, I think. Kratos is the most recognizable, Sly is the most used- that's what I was trying to say.

It's a toss-up between those two, but it might change when the beta is in the stores for everyone. :o Then everyone finds out Sly is more broken and then they drop Kratos like a brick.
TheMink
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:29 AM)
TheMink's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

I dunno guys..all jokes aside, Jane tate could actually be a very interesting character for the game

Aside for the fact that her over all character design is amorphous.
Say what you will about Nariko, but i could tell Nariko apart from any other female characters from a mile away.


EDIT:
Not that she wouldn't bring something different to the fight, just sayin.
Last edited by TheMink; 08-09-2012 at 01:32 AM.
kuroshiki
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:30 AM)
kuroshiki's Avatar
So far the female cast for this game has been nothing but abysmal.

If you can't use characters from Wild Arms, poporo crois, etc, then just import some characters from other franchise like Kos-mos from Xenosaga, Sony. I mean wtf.
prwxv3
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:31 AM)
prwxv3's Avatar
Wow the Destructoid preview was pretty good. If anyone is worried I doubt Sterling will be the reviewer (though he did say it was pretty solid when he played it himself) he does not review fighting games much if at all.

Though those comments were pretty salty lol.
SSReborn
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:33 AM)
SSReborn's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

I dunno guys..all jokes aside, Jane tate could actually be a very interesting character for the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgonSLCVAeI
Coolbgdog12
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:33 AM)
Coolbgdog12's Avatar
Sackboy and Raiden on homepage.







TheMink
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:34 AM)
TheMink's Avatar
^ not really a leak if it's officially announced lol :P

Originally Posted by kuroshiki

So far the female cast for this game has been nothing but abysmal.

If you can't use characters from Wild Arms, poporo crois, etc, then just import some characters from other franchise like Kos-mos from Xenosaga, Sony. I mean wtf.

In this game the character pretty much has to be the main character of the franchise to be included. So the lack of female lead protagonists in games in general is what you should blame.
Last edited by TheMink; 08-09-2012 at 01:37 AM.
SSReborn
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:35 AM)
SSReborn's Avatar
lol is this a premature announcement :P

and we got a boxart
SmithnCo
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:35 AM)
So Raiden and Cole are rivals... Makes sense.
Drago
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:36 AM)
Drago's Avatar
Wait what? Sackboy on the character page and Raiden leak...

uh

Also new (terrible) box art too
Coolbgdog12
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:37 AM)
Coolbgdog12's Avatar
Well their site is down so I guess it was put up accidentally.

Someone fell asleep and their head hit the "UPDATE BUTTON"

Anybody make out characters in that small image?

Where's detective GAF?
kuroshiki
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:38 AM)
kuroshiki's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMink

^ not really a leak if it's officially announced lol :P



In this game the character pretty much has to be the main character of the franchise to be included. So the lack of female lead protagonists in games in general is what you should blame.

And who made that rule? Also Kos-mos totally qualifies in that standard.
SSReborn
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:38 AM)
SSReborn's Avatar
Oh and Ratchet is in that smaller picture to the left and Nariko
SmithnCo
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:38 AM)
FP and Sly's thumbnails looks kinda weird, lol.

Can't wait for the trailers for these two eventually, they are what I'm most curious about.
Coolbgdog12
Member
(08-09-2012, 01:39 AM)
Coolbgdog12's Avatar
OMG I SEE JIN!!!!

LOOK IN THE BACK RIGHT HAND CORNER!!!
SuperSonic1305
(08-09-2012, 02:06 AM)
SuperSonic1305's Avatar
Ryu, Jin, Kazuya?
SSReborn
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:07 AM)
SSReborn's Avatar
lol neogaf goes down at some very amazing times anyhow

The people in the bottom left smaller pic that aren't revealed are apparently

Jin
Kazuya
Ryu Hyabuza
Ratchet
Nariko
Fancy Corndog
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:08 AM)
Fancy Corndog's Avatar
It's cool to see them not playing dumb about the leak, show us the goods so we feel better about it! EDIT: Oh nevermind, appears it was a mistake...

Looks like Good Cole vs. Raiden is a rivalry?
Last edited by Fancy Corndog; 08-09-2012 at 02:12 AM.
TheMink
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:08 AM)
TheMink's Avatar

Originally Posted by kuroshiki

And who made that rule? Also Kos-mos totally qualifies in that standard.

I suppose logic did (just to be an ass :P)

But seriously, as the first game in the series thus far they have put only the main characters of their games into this game.
If you want sub characters your going to have to wait for DLC or more likely a sequel.


Edit: then again...
corporate cheerleader
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:09 AM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar

Originally Posted by SSReborn

lol neogaf goes down at some very amazing times anyhow

The people in the bottom left smaller pic that aren't revealed are apparently

Jin
Kazuya
Ryu Hyabuza
Ratchet
Nariko

Seriously, first after Jennifer Tate rambling and now after ANOTHER leak? I fucking called it a couple of hours ago goddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Yeah everyone's going crazy with guesses, but I'll definitely believe Jin of the one who's unrevealed. Also, some might be minions and not fully playable characters. I was about to sleep but holy shit this keeps me awake for sure
SmithnCo
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:10 AM)
Looks like Jin to me.
TimeEffect
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:10 AM)
TimeEffect's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coolbgdog12

Sackboy and Raiden on homepage.

Can u please link where this is from?

Edit: went on mainsite, but it doesnt seem to be there
Last edited by TimeEffect; 08-09-2012 at 02:13 AM.
TheMink
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:11 AM)
TheMink's Avatar

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

Looks like Jin to me.

someone make this bigger immediately!!!!!!!
corporate cheerleader
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:11 AM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar
http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/37812213

Just save the image and enhance it in image viewer
SSReborn
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:12 AM)
SSReborn's Avatar

Originally Posted by corporate cheerleader

Seriously, first after Jennifer Tate rambling and now after ANOTHER leak? I fucking called it a couple of hours ago goddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Yeah everyone's going crazy with guesses, but I'll definitely believe Jin of the one who's unrevealed. Also, some might be minions and not fully playable characters. I was about to sleep but holy shit this keeps me awake for sure

well I went on PSABR Forums when neogaf was down and basically found these

Beside Big Daddy


Beside Kazuya
SuperSonic1305
(08-09-2012, 02:12 AM)
SuperSonic1305's Avatar


Cue 100 pages of bitching about 3 Tekken characters and Ryu Hayabusa in 3, 2, 1, GO.
kuroshiki
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:13 AM)
kuroshiki's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMink

I suppose logic did (just to be an ass :P)

But seriously, as the first game in the series thus far they have put only the main characters of their games into this game.
If you want sub characters your going to have to wait for DLC or more likely a sequel.


Edit: then again...

The way I see it is, there is already a staple game in this genre. Sony doesn't have a lot of shot with this. Either this will be success or miserable failure. There are SHIT TON (literally.) of characters out there that can be used.

So why not go all the way from the start? This might be their last game in this genre, after all.

Just put all the characters they can think of (especially in terms of females, we already have enough male characters as is) and then pray for the best. If succeed, then they can worry about selecting what's what. They don't have luxury at this point.
corporate cheerleader
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:14 AM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar
Man, this is way too fucking hype. We might reach the 20000 post limit before Monday after all ahahahaha
Ninja_Hawk
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:14 AM)
Ninja_Hawk's Avatar
I thought that other character might be Ryu. If I can't get my old Dante, i'll take Ryu lol.
TheMink
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:15 AM)
TheMink's Avatar

Originally Posted by kuroshiki

The way I see it is, there is already a staple game in this genre. Sony doesn't have a lot of shot with this. Either this will be success or miserable failure. There are SHIT TON (literally.) of characters out there that can be used.

So why not go all the way from the start? This might be their last game in this genre, after all.

Just put all the characters they can think of (especially in terms of females, we already have enough male characters as is) and then pray for the best. If succeed, then they can worry about selecting what's what. They don't have luxury at this point.

I agree, but time is time and they can only spend so much :P
Mr. Fix
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:16 AM)
Mr. Fix's Avatar
That must be how Cole's VA knew David Hayter was in. Snake's just a cameo? Fuckin' hell Superbot.
kuroshiki
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:17 AM)
kuroshiki's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMink

I agree, but time is time and they can only spend so much :P

Yeah. what sucks is Kos-mos's 3D modeling and movement data is there to use. It doesn't take a lot of effort. =X.
Napalm_Frank
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:17 AM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar


These guys can't catch a break lol
SmithnCo
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

That must be how Cole's VA knew David Hayter was in. Snake's just a cameo? Fuckin' hell Superbot.

If there are 3 Tekken characters I wouldn't rule Snake out yet.
TheMink
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:18 AM)
TheMink's Avatar

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

If there are 3 Tekken characters I wouldn't rule Snake out yet.

Indeed, Raiden isnt even in that picture.

MEGATON :)
SSReborn
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:18 AM)
SSReborn's Avatar
Yup I don't think that Snake is ruled out but it does make the character list a lot more then we intially anticipated
TimeEffect
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:18 AM)
TimeEffect's Avatar
Damn man, lol. Wonder if they are pissed.

I just want to see videos of gameplay and the modes more than anything else.

I really dont want more Tekken characters, hoping Kazuya is a minion :/ Or an alt skin, if they play the same or something
corporate cheerleader
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:19 AM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar
They would definitely be minions, come on people. :/
Ryce
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:19 AM)
Ryce's Avatar
[Please delete this!]
Ploid 3.0
Member
(08-09-2012, 02:19 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar
OMGOMGOMG LEak leak this is awesome. Ryu H., That looks like Nariko too.. maaan this game needs to come out. I thought I could ease the pain by trying to avoid threads on it but now it's all coming back and I want everything now.

OMG so many tekken characters, this is making me misty eyed... WOOOoo

Thread Tools