• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Arabian Mage
(04-30-2012, 03:14 PM)
Seems like it is the first God of War Game that I'll buy used.
darkwing
(04-30-2012, 03:15 PM)
what is the time remaining for the livestream?
kuroshiki
(04-30-2012, 03:16 PM)

Originally Posted by bigfurb

That multiplayer footage looked pretty damn good to me, why all the complaining people? :/

People bitch here all the time, for anything. That's the purpose of neoGAF.
Chuck Norris

Originally Posted by jett

If an hour less it's not much of a difference to you, then I guess you'd be okay would a 6-hourlong campaign a well.

Frankly, this bit of news is crap. Uncharted 2 added multiplayer AND was substantially longer than Uncharted 1, plus improving on every single aspect, AND arriving only two years later. SSM needs to step their game up \shittypspcommercial.

Depends how good those six hours are
Skilletor

Originally Posted by iKeepPlaying

I wonder what people tought of Vanquish 3 hours campaign.....

People bought Vanquish? :P

Multiplayer looked cool. Will wait for single player vids.

Couldn't care less about multiplayer.
Chuck Norris
(04-30-2012, 03:17 PM)

That multiplayer footage looked pretty damn good to me, why all the complaining people? :/

Multiplayer is bad until proven good
BibiMaghoo

Originally Posted by ReaperXL07

Well if rumors are true that the next Xbox, and Playstations won't allow for Used games, what would be the point of an online pass? If they push for online passes it will more than likely be a push from both honestly, but I don't see third parties fighting it much to continue the war on Used games.

I'm still not sure about this, but the footage has me more interested, this could be pretty awesome depending on how they implement it. I think the GOW combat style could be alot of fun in a MP game, I'd imagine the techinical aspects and balancing will be a pain in the ass to deal with for something like this though.

Honestly, I don't think those rumours are actually true. Getting money back from used games via passes is a far lesser evil than blocking used games completely. By doing that they would really damage the industry, and I don't think either platfrom is going to take that route.

I'm not sure what MS are planning to counter 'the churn', but Sony will make the online passes far more common in all games for the platform. It's just a shame that won't translate to publishers leaving servers on for longer *cough* EA *cough*
Emwitus
car flags....
car flags everywhere
Again, with the usual overreaction hur dur....where have i seen this before? Oh yeah, Uncharted. Anyway, i'm out until we get single player footage. Good job santa monica and thanks for being ballsy and charting into new territory with the franchise. Now i have more stuff for my buck.
matics

Originally Posted by darkwing

what is the time remaining for the livestream?

Will start in about 45 minutes.
dreamer3kx

Originally Posted by klier

Ugh! MP in GOW? Don't want!

Why, it looks great, people are acting like it hurts the sp, this is more gow gameplay plus it looks fun, awesome imo.
Yjynx
THAT multiplayer look godly. Still don't get it with all the complaint.
darkwing
(04-30-2012, 03:18 PM)

84% from Metacritic
Fersis
It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Originally Posted by Yjynx

THAT multiplayer look godly. Still don't get it with all the complaint.

I see what you did there... ;)
Raist

It should have been a 30h-long game looking like Crysis 5 with no multiplayer and no Kratos. But still called god of war.
jett

Vanquish lasted me about 6-7 hours. Also, it only cost me $20! :)
Feature
Banned

Originally Posted by Orobi

Tubed'

http://youtu.be/yUHtt9sUtw4

is that jaden going super saiyan at 1:12?
darkwing
(04-30-2012, 03:19 PM)

Originally Posted by matics

Will start in about 45 minutes.

will broadcast from here I presume?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...monica-studio/
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(04-30-2012, 03:19 PM)

Originally Posted by jett

Vanquish lasted me about 6-7 hours. Also, it only cost me $20! :)

Thats what I am sayign dude its subjective!
Nibel
(04-30-2012, 03:20 PM)
I think that most people are pissed off because they revealed the game with MP stuff instead of SP stuff

And it's too early to call the MP shit or godly
Magnus
(04-30-2012, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Emwitus

Again, with the usual overreaction hur dur....where have i seen this before? Oh yeah, Uncharted. Anyway, i'm out until we get single player footage. Good job santa monica and thanks for being ballsy and charting into new territory with the franchise. Now i have more stuff for my buck.

Seriously. GoW games were fun, but pretty mindless and utterly over for me after one play-through. I'm digging this development.

The whining in the thread, I said damn!
lupinko
(04-30-2012, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Skilletor

People bought Vanquish? :P

I sure as hell did, because I buy awesome games that deserve to be bought. =P
Pinzer
(04-30-2012, 03:21 PM)
As the developers explained, they tested multiplayer and it turned out to be fun, so they rolled with it. Why is this a crime?
kuroshiki
(04-30-2012, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Pinzer

As the developers explained, they tested multiplayer and it turned out to be fun, so they rolled with it. Why is this a crime?

Uh. It's neoGAF.

bitch about everything, anytime, anywhere [TM]
Theman2k
(04-30-2012, 03:23 PM)
It's still looks WAY EARLY in development.
But it looks like they really FIGURED how to make the multiplayer work for a game like god of war which is great.

I hope they won't rush it. Anything less good then GOD3 is unacceptable.
Skilletor
(04-30-2012, 03:23 PM)

Originally Posted by lupinko

I sure as hell did, because I buy awesome games that deserve to be bought. =P

I bought it, too. But not many people did, so I wouldn't use that as an example of people not caring about a game's length.

Also: I believe in Lupinko!
Tambini
(04-30-2012, 03:24 PM)
At first I was like eh...

but that GR video looks great.
Concept17
(04-30-2012, 03:24 PM)

Singleplayer-gaf doing what they do best. Whether its a 5 hours game or 10 hour, you'll always get more playtime with your 60$ purchase with MP. Given the studio behind this title, how fucking awesome it looks, and just the fact that its GoW, this should be great.
Yjynx
(04-30-2012, 03:25 PM)

Originally Posted by kuroshiki

Uh. It's neoGAF.

bitch about everything, anytime, anywhere [TM]

Especially Sony exclusives? lol just joking :D
Last edited by Yjynx; 04-30-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Chuck Norris
(04-30-2012, 03:25 PM)
Personally I got burned by doubting UC2 multiplayer, then Assassin's Creed multiplayer. Haven't played ME3 multiplayer yet, but I doubted that and it supposedly rocks

So on this one I'll just wait and see
aliencowz7
(04-30-2012, 03:27 PM)
Multiplayer done well can only be a good thing, it doesn't need to detract from singleplayer whatsoever. Just like there can be a bad singleplayer campaign there can be bad multiplayer so if it turns out crappy just don't play it. Problem solved.
Pancho
Qurupancho
(04-30-2012, 03:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris

Personally I got burned by doubting UC2 multiplayer, then Assassin's Creed multiplayer. Haven't played ME3 multiplayer yet, but I doubted that and it supposedly rocks

Same here, let's see how it stacks up
And the ME3 multiplayer is pretty damn awesome.
ReaperXL7
(04-30-2012, 03:28 PM)
Ok I have to admit The Gametailers video: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fi...-of-war/729679 at around the 5 minute mark, they start talking about how the multiplayer works.

Apprently when creating your character you will pick an alligence to one of the Gods, this will allow you to perform abilities, gain armors and weapons, and add another layer to your created character.....I'm actually interested in seeing more of this, picking which God to ally yourself with is a cool concept to me.

Though really it just makes me wish that they had made a God of War RPG.
mysteriousmage09
(04-30-2012, 03:29 PM)
Hey, if anything, we have already been granted a fantastic banned gif from this game's existence lol.

Concept17
(04-30-2012, 03:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris

Like I said, its more about the studio behind it. I'm sure its not some out-sourced tacked-on bullshit. This looks and will probably be great.
Orobi
(04-30-2012, 03:30 PM)
Do you rember ICO concept multiplayer? Rumors about ICO and other players online battling united against colossi? Concept is here!
iKeepPlaying
Banned
(04-30-2012, 03:31 PM)

84% from Metacritic

Metacritic is not my cup of tea. But yeah, exactly my point.
Only 3 hours and they were godly.

If GoW:A is "only" 5 hours but it's better than that, people would still complain?

I mean, without the labyrinth section, GoW3 would've been at least a little bit better.
Y2Kev
The Last Guardian is Dead. Sorry.
(04-30-2012, 03:31 PM)
Wow, the art is so different.
Callibretto
(04-30-2012, 03:32 PM)
just watch lead combat designer interview, no blades of chaos in multiplayer. he seems like a very competent guy, his reasoning etc make sense to me. kinda excited about this. even though I don't play a lot of multi, I really want to try this. that gif with 1 player launching a dude, then a second player grab him with his chain and do some aerial combo, slam it down and the first player is reading to continue the combo looks awesome.
Carl
No thanks. This turns me right off the game.

I love God of War though... but if i end up buying it, i'll never touch the multiplayer. (same with Uncharted)
matics

will broadcast from here I presume?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...monica-studio/

Yep, looks like it.
Chuck Norris

Originally Posted by Orobi

Do you rember ICO concept multiplayer? Rumors about ICO and other players online battling united against colossi? Concept is here!

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping especially considering they've revamped the climbing system

Of course the map they showed didn't really have anything like that, just a tied down titan

Would love to chase down a giant cyclops on horseback with the GOW combat in place though
yankeehater

Originally Posted by ReaperXL07

Ok I have to admit The Gametailers video: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fi...-of-war/729679 at around the 5 minute mark, they start talking about how the multiplayer works.

Apprently when creating your character you will pick an alligence to one of the Gods, this will allow you to perform abilities, gain armors and weapons, and add another layer to your created character.....I'm actually interested in seeing more of this, picking which God to ally yourself with is a cool concept to me.

Though really it just makes me wish that they had made a God of War RPG.

Hopfully that will happen at some point. They are always looking for ways to extend brands, I think MS looked into a Halo RPG years ago. I could definitely see a WRPG like Skyrim in the GoW universe.
Jason's Ultimatum
Americans out of Mexico! The Border Tax Equity Act
The textures on that giant cyclops looks AMAZING.
M.D
(04-30-2012, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

Wow, the art is so different.

Yeah, that's the one thing I really don't like so far.
Sky Chief
(04-30-2012, 03:34 PM)
I guess I'm one of the few people that thinks this multiplayer sounds really cool. And those graphics...
Haunted
(04-30-2012, 03:37 PM)
I don't give a shit about MP, especially not in a game like this. Here's hoping this doesn't take away too much resources/dev time from the SP.

fingers crossed!
V_Ben
(04-30-2012, 03:38 PM)
I'm really liking the new art style. For some reason, it reminds me a little bit of Mark Of Kri, a little stylised but still brutal.
throwawayname
(04-30-2012, 03:38 PM)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! Slice that chip open!
seventynine
(04-30-2012, 03:39 PM)
Looks really good. I'm intrigued by the multiplayer.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(04-30-2012, 03:39 PM)
The game will have atleast 7 maps.