Originally Posted by BY2K
May is knocking at the door (some of our members of the East may already be there) as we are entering the final month before E3 2012, the best time of the year for NeoGAF.
So let's have our predictions list!
But first what are the things we could expect to see at E3 2012?
- Last year and the year before, Microsoft had a very strong Kinect presence, may you like it or not. E3 2012 will most likely bring more of this.
- Halo 4 seems far along in development, so a demo on stage shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
- Neither should be a stage demo of the next Call of Duty; Black Ops 2 (which should be revealed May 1st.)
- Fable: The Journey could also make a comeback, a game we haven't really heard about since last year.
- New multimedia applications are expected to be revealed as well.
- We can also expect some surprises, assuming nothing is leaked right before the conference this year.
- As everybody probably knows, Nintendo will drop the facts about the Wii U this year as a "re-reveal". Everything should be convered from the OS to the launch line-up and the online network. Price and release date will be kept to a later date, as Nintendo usually does anyway.
- Pikmin 3 has been confirmed to be present and will likely be the flagship title of the Wii U's release, as well as its graphical showcase. (The reason Pikmin 3 was moved from the Wii to the Wii U especially being the HD and improved graphics.)
- We've known since November 2011 that a 3DS Zelda is in the works, a trailer and maybe even a playable version could be possible.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 will also most likely be present in trailer and demo form.
- More details on Nintendo's recent turn to digital distribution, announced at the last investor meeting.
- Sony is having a bit of trouble with the PS Vita, so we can expect some major announcements regarding it.
- The Playstation 3 First-Party offering is still alive and kicking, with games like God of War: Ascension and Playstation All-Star Battle Royale pretty much guaranteed to be shown and playable.
- The Last of US trailer and stage demo. Somehow Nolan North is there.
- Some third-party exclusives are likely as well.
So GAF, what are YOUR predictions for this year's E3? (Yeah, I know, I don't have a lot on Sony.)
Bonus Question: Overall, will this E3 be better than last year's, or any other past E3 (specify which)?
Agree with your predicts mostly, except that Sony will have tons of Move stuff to, they have as much Move stuff as MS does Kinect stuff last year.
Unless Move is basically dead which it probably is.
Also, it will be VASTLY better than last year, because we get the unveiling of a brand new console Wii U. Is that even a question???
Last year was really the first year e3 felt a little boring to me, with this gen getting long, MS focus on Kinect, Sony on Move, lack of really compelling surprises or megatons anymore, no price drops. I didn't care much about handhelds either, so introduction of Vita or 3DS doesn't count as new systems for me.
This year goes big again with Halo 4 and Wii U. But 2013 will be the REAL monster, if indeed Durango and Orbis show up as expected. i mean, wow...that will be E3 of the decade, literally. Maybe even ever.
Some of the E3 12 shock factor for me will depend if we get Halo 4 campaign footage pre-e3 or not. If we do, then it will take a little anticipation off the inevitable E3 showing.
Hopefully Sony basically ditches Move and gasp, maybe even MS de-emphasizes Kinect just a little bit (doubt it sadly).