• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming VITA Games & Apps Throughout 2013 Thread

kuroshiki

Would you please add whether the game will be released in US or not?

because I don't think time travelers will be localized... anywhere other than Japan.

Bukana

because I don't think time travelers will be localized... anywhere other than Japan.

If there is no US release you see, then we only have a Japanese release date :[ .

PSY・S;37454180 said:
Great work, but Resistance: Burning Skies shouldn't be on the already released list. And here's the OT for Touch My Katamari.

Thanks, and updated.

Dust 514 was recently confirmed to be a companion app rather than a full game.
PSY・S;37454180 said:
Great work, but Resistance: Burning Skies shouldn't be on the already released list. And here's the OT for Touch My Katamari.
LBP got pushed to fall.
Disgaea 3 OT is here, thanks :)

Zero no kiseki is due in august 2012.

source: http://www.zero-full.com/

Appreciate this topic and that you are tracking Japanese games/releases as well.

Dokuro is by GameArts btw.
forgot hatsune miku

Gravity Daze, New Little King's Story and Zero Escape should also be added to the "already released in Japan" list.
If you are including PSN games, there is

Chronovolt from Playerthree, coming in June?

http://www.playerthree.com/blog/get-ready-for-chronovolt

Basically a marble madness style game.

Pub Games from Icon Games

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150747058956702.422171.99872996701&type=1

Have no idea what the games included will be, presumably pool, air hockey, and darts.

Ahh there are two titles missing from the OP that I know of,

One is Mad Blocker HD:

madblockerhd-3.jpg

MadBlocker Adventure from Open Emotion. Mixing tile games with RPGs has given the developers room to create something rather different. In the game, the Fluzzles have been sent out into the world by the mysterious stranger to defend against the evil Mokes, who have taken over the majority of the world. Each region of their world is guarded by a Moke Lord, each with their own distinct powers and abilities. It's up to the Fluzzles, using new found powers and their new pet creatures to take on the Mokes and bring peace back to the land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qcBQBvwLG4&feature=player_embedded

And the other is ChronoVolt:

chronovolt-ps-vita-1.jpg

ChronoVolt from Playerthree, given that Sony never bothered to ask Archer MacClean for a sequel to Mercury we'll have to settle for this, a fiendish 3D puzzle-platform marble game in which players guide their Chrono Sphere through the twists, turns and traps and hazards of Escher-like arenas. Expected for a June release.

*Edit* Beaten on chronoVolt

http://psp2roundup.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/three-cool-vita-games-to-watch-for.html

Added, Thanks.

Was just about to go into the ither thread and say something about P4: The Golden; I was reading the new issue or PSM and they had a small section on it and listed it for a Winter release, whereas the JP release is summer. That should say that it's most defiitely coming and we should most likely hear about it no later than E3.

Source please :) .

That thread is DEAD :(, I will keep updating this one, thanks for noticing :] .

Thanks for the thread OP!
Of course :] .
So, what's the Status on Book of Memories?

I think Amazon got the right date, we'll see.

ReaperXL7

That might not be true though, with Level 5 having their own US branch now, I think it's possible we could see them release more of their titles in US. We know they are localizing Ni No Kuni for instance, but no idea what else they are doing.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes, and Technika. I hope there's a real release date for Technika soon.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow there's really not much that looks good that's coming out this year so far. Sony desperately needs some heavy hitters at E3.

neptunes

Final Fantasy Type-0, though were unsure if it'll still come out on the PSP in the west (lol) or to another platform.

Ponn

Banned
*sigh* Not to be a debbie downer but I foresee this thread doing more harm then good. Should have waited till after E3. We only have a month, have more patience.

Zero no kiseki is due in august 2012.

source: http://www.zero-full.com/

Appreciate this topic and that you are tracking Japanese games/releases as well.

Wake up club is in English if your system language is in English. Interestingly, your wake up counts don't carry over if you change your system language. (switched my system language to Japanese to type in Japanese, woke up with it, wake up count 1, cheer count 7. Switch to English, all 0).

ReaperXL7

So right now from this list the games that i'm currently looking forward to would be:

Mortal Kombat,
Retro City Rampage,
Sound Shapes,
Metal Gear Solid collection,
Persona 4,
Little Big Planet
Alien Spidey
Virtues last Reward
Street Fighter x Tekken
DJ Max Tecknica Tune
Both Oddworld games,
Zen Pinball 2
Warriors Ruin
Zone of the Enders
Dragon's Crown
if they solid/good ports i'd probably also pick up Sonic Racing, and COD
and Ps1 support

If localized I would add

Time Travelers,
Lost Odyessy,
Lord of Apokolyps
Little Kings Story

Thats a pretty healthy amount of games for me personally, although I know most of them would not be considered system sellers, but I already own a Vita. Going to be a good year as long as these all see release in decent time frame.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dokuro is by GameArts btw.

Was just about to go into the ither thread and say something about P4: The Golden; I was reading the new issue or PSM and they had a small section on it and listed it for a Winter release, whereas the JP release is summer. That should say that it's most defiitely coming and we should most likely hear about it no later than E3.

knitoe

Pathetic. There's not one game I am really looking forward to. I haven't touch my Vita in almost a month. E3 better bring so big name surprises.

I got a Vita for my birthday and I love it, but Super Monkey Ball is the only 2012 game on that list that I care about. I have Ridge Racer and the only other current game I want is Army Corps of Hell. I want PSO2 and Dragon's Crown, but those are looking like 2013. I sure hope a lot of Vita games are announced at E3...I want to play this thing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Gravity Daze, New Little King's Story and Zero Escape should also be added to the "already released in Japan" list.

Pinzer

Unconfirmed Member
LittleBigPlanet, Sound Shapes, Warrior's Lair for me!

Plus I'm sure there will be a wealth of new content announced and showcased at E3.

Getting
Mortal Kombat- Tomorrow
Resistance
Little Big Planet
Madden
Retro City Rampage
Sound Shapes
Metal Gear Solid

I hope E3 leads to more announcements

This thread makes me feel less gloomy about the Vita's future. It's not the strongest lineup to be sure but there are more interesting games already announced and on the way than I realised. E3 is sure to have at least a couple of big announcements, so the system's lineup could actually prove to be pretty strong. I don't need the Vita to set the world on fire, but I'd certainly like to see it enjoy enough success to carve out its own pocket of the market that developers feel is worthwhile making games for.

Cornbread78

Some good stuff coming. Get me some of those rpgs in the west! More of my gaming budget will be on these VITA releases!

ReaperXL7

Ahh there are two titles missing from the OP that I know of,

One is Mad Blocker HD:

madblockerhd-3.jpg

MadBlocker Adventure from Open Emotion. Mixing tile games with RPGs has given the developers room to create something rather different. In the game, the Fluzzles have been sent out into the world by the mysterious stranger to defend against the evil Mokes, who have taken over the majority of the world. Each region of their world is guarded by a Moke Lord, each with their own distinct powers and abilities. It's up to the Fluzzles, using new found powers and their new pet creatures to take on the Mokes and bring peace back to the land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qcBQBvwLG4&feature=player_embedded

And the other is ChronoVolt:

chronovolt-ps-vita-1.jpg

ChronoVolt from Playerthree, given that Sony never bothered to ask Archer MacClean for a sequel to Mercury we'll have to settle for this, a fiendish 3D puzzle-platform marble game in which players guide their Chrono Sphere through the twists, turns and traps and hazards of Escher-like arenas. Expected for a June release.

*Edit* Beaten on chronoVolt

http://psp2roundup.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/three-cool-vita-games-to-watch-for.html

Top Bottom