• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Topher
Paper or plastic?
(05-01-2012, 04:46 AM)
Topher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Graphics Horse

My reaction

I lol'd
TheKaeptain
nuh fi eating seeen
(05-01-2012, 04:46 AM)
TheKaeptain's Avatar

Originally Posted by big ander

I was excited for this film before, but that trailer took it to max level methinks.

One of my favorite lines was "this isn't a car." Boo, the rest of you.

Alfred's a goddamned man.




Also, Batman isn't going to die. I'll stake my avatar on it.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(05-01-2012, 04:46 AM)
Ninja Scooter's Avatar
a plane is really bothering people? After the bad pod, bat cycle, sonar goggles, and the shit he pulled in China, a plane is the next logical step for Bruce.
jett
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:47 AM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by Scullibundo

Nolan following the masters.

It's ok, he'll change his mind for the blu-ray release and change the color grading to neutral!
castlegar
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:47 AM)
castlegar's Avatar
GRRRRRRISNTACAR
Imm0rt4l
my titty out of milk
(05-01-2012, 04:47 AM)
Imm0rt4l's Avatar
Banes voice sounds really unnatural. It went from being unclear to being too clear, like it was dubbed in later.
-Pyromaniac-
(05-01-2012, 04:47 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Secret_Riddle

The plane doesn't bug me at all. I don't know why some of you are deciding that's the straw that finally break the camels back.

it's the batman trailer cycle, people latch onto certain things, discuss them or complain or analyze for a while, movie comes out, everyone flips their shit and is in love, then a few months later the movie sucks and was overrated.

Or something.

Originally Posted by Imm0rt4l

Banes voice sounds really unnatural.

it's not supposed to sound like a person just talking.
artist
Banned
(05-01-2012, 04:48 AM)

Originally Posted by CaptYamato

Also, Batman isn't going to die. I'll stake my avatar on it.

Arent you a trigger (bet) happy fella?
IamMattFox
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:48 AM)
IamMattFox's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoenixDark

It doesn't sound natural at all, like it was tacked on after the fact.

Got that feeling too. I'm sure they tried to fix it after the complaints from the prologue, but it kind of reminds me of the MST3K guys talking over another film.
TheKaeptain
nuh fi eating seeen
(05-01-2012, 04:48 AM)
TheKaeptain's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

a plane is really bothering people? After the bad pod, bat cycle, sonar goggles, and the shit he pulled in China, a plane is the next logical step for Bruce.

You have to remember people think these movies are realistic.
shira
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:49 AM)
shira's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imm0rt4l

Banes voice sounds really unnatural. It went from being unclear to being too clear, like it was dubbed in later.

Sounds like liam to me
Fry
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:49 AM)
Fry's Avatar
I don't care about Bane's voice (sounds good enough to me) as long as Batman's was fixed.
Imm0rt4l
my titty out of milk
(05-01-2012, 04:49 AM)
Imm0rt4l's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

it's the batman trailer cycle, people latch onto certain things, discuss them or complain or analyze for a while, movie comes out, everyone flips their shit and is in love, then a few months later the movie sucks and was overrated.

Or something.


it's not supposed to sound like a person just talking.

well yea his mouth is obscured.

Originally Posted by shira

Sounds like liam to me

I guess it kinda does, liam meets sean connery.
Lionel Mandrake
(05-01-2012, 04:49 AM)
Lionel Mandrake's Avatar
GIF THE WHOLE THING! .... Oh, wait. WB already did that. Let's just gif parts of it.

artist
Banned
(05-01-2012, 04:49 AM)
I'm starting to warm up to Anne as Catwoman, her dialogue and body language looked more apt.
IamMattFox
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:50 AM)
IamMattFox's Avatar

Originally Posted by artist

I'm starting to warm up to Anne as Catwoman, her dialogue and body language looked more apt.

She has a sultry way of speaking in that party scene.

I digs it.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(05-01-2012, 04:50 AM)
Ninja Scooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by CaptYamato

You have to remember people think these movies are realistic.

They are more grounded but they are still comic book movies at the end of the day. It's cool that Nolan tried to give more "realistic" reasons for Batman, and people like the Joker, to exist but it's still comic books.
jett
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:50 AM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by artist

I'm starting to warm up to Anne as Catwoman, her dialogue and body language looked more apt.

her mask thing looks as dumb on the movie as on promo shots though, unfortunately.
Loxley
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:52 AM)
Loxley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Secret_Riddle

The plane doesn't bug me at all. I don't know why some of you are deciding that's the straw that finally break the camels back.

A psycho billionaire dressing up like a bat and fighting crime I can handle, but a psycho billionaire dressing up like bat and fighting crime while flying a plane?

I don't know man, that's just ridiculous. Crazy even.
Scullibundo
Banned
(05-01-2012, 04:52 AM)
Scullibundo's Avatar
Solo is going to love Bane's Connery voice.

I moustache you a queshtion, Batman. But I'm shaving it for later.
Discotheque
Pam Oliver sextape
(05-01-2012, 04:53 AM)
Discotheque's Avatar
Yeah it went from Simon Gruber to OG James Bond.
Raiku
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:53 AM)
Raiku's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

a plane is really bothering people? After the bad pod, bat cycle, sonar goggles, and the shit he pulled in China, a plane is the next logical step for Bruce.

Yeah, pretty much. Batman and his gadgets have always been inseparable.
artist
Banned
(05-01-2012, 04:53 AM)

Originally Posted by IamMattFox

She has a sultry way of speaking in that party scene.

I digs it.

Yup.

Originally Posted by jett

her mask thing looks as dumb on the movie as on promo shots though, unfortunately.

Dunno, those are some quick shots from an angle.
3N16MA
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:53 AM)
3N16MA's Avatar
I was hoping Solo was going to do the OT for this but it has already been claimed. Would have given me a good excuse to make the Skyfall OT.
Matrix
LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
(05-01-2012, 04:54 AM)
Matrix's Avatar
*SPLOOGE*

:O :O
Scullibundo
Banned
(05-01-2012, 04:54 AM)
Scullibundo's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3N16MA

I was hoping Solo was going to do the OT for this but it has already been claimed. Would have given me a good excuse to make the Skyfall OT.

Just make the new TDKR OT. The other one is about to end, anyway.
jsnepo
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:55 AM)
jsnepo's Avatar
Hype level up! I'll get the BD releases to be ready for this movie. Are the BD transfers of the first two movies great?
Darth Pinche
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:55 AM)
Darth Pinche's Avatar
Kud Dukan
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:57 AM)
Kud Dukan's Avatar

Originally Posted by jsnepo

Hype level up! I'll get the BD releases to be ready for this movie. Are the BD transfers of the first two movies great?

I haven't watched the Batman Begins transfer, the The Dark Knight looks amazing on Blu-ray.
Speevy
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:57 AM)
Speevy's Avatar
"This isn't a car."



"This isn't a car."



"This isn't a car."

3N16MA
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:58 AM)
3N16MA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Scullibundo

Just make the new TDKR OT. The other one is about to end, anyway.

I was a frequent poster in that until spoilers started flying left and right. I decided to bail.
ReturnOfTheRAT
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:59 AM)
ReturnOfTheRAT's Avatar

Originally Posted by jsnepo

Hype level up! I'll get the BD releases to be ready for this movie. Are the BD transfers of the first two movies great?

BB looks fine. TDK looks great in the Imax scenes, poor in comparison outside of that.
jsnepo
Member
(05-01-2012, 04:59 AM)
jsnepo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kud Dukan

I haven't watched the Batman Begins transfer, the The Dark Knight looks amazing on Blu-ray.

Great! They should be pretty cheap right now.

In the "severe punishment" line, it looks like Wayne was given a dose of that rare blue flower
PhoncipleBone
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:00 AM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar
Looked good. Best trailer for the movie so far. I still feel like they are trying to cram too much into this one, and it will suffer for it. Still think it will deliver as a good film, but not to the level that Nolan GAF is expecting. Of course, it will be hyped to high heavens as a masterpiece of cinema even if it is mediocre.

And am I crazy, or did that one shot of Batman responding to Catwoman's question of "You can't give anymore" (or something) seem like it was JGL and not Bale?
jett
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:00 AM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by artist

Yup.


Dunno, those are some quick shots from an angle.



Catwimmenz shows that Nolan's good taste isn't incorruptible
Scullibundo
Banned
(05-01-2012, 05:00 AM)
Scullibundo's Avatar
Catwoman side-kick shit is not jiving with me. This is supposed to be Bruce's movie goddammit and he's supposed to do it alone. Harry and Peter team-up confirmed! Third movie cycle continues.
DaMan121
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

They are more grounded but they are still comic book movies at the end of the day. It's cool that Nolan tried to give more "realistic" reasons for Batman, and people like the Joker, to exist but it's still comic books.

Easy solution, watch Avengers before this, and Rises will seem like a documentary. (Not a criticism of Avengers in any way,btw).
Fry
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)
Fry's Avatar

Originally Posted by jsnepo

Hype level up! I'll get the BD releases to be ready for this movie. Are the BD transfers of the first two movies great?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-Begins-Blu-ray/5/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Da...t-Blu-ray/743/

BB has a solid transfer, but the stand-out is clearly TDK. Both are worthy it for sure.
Scullibundo
Banned
(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)
Scullibundo's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett



Catwimmenz shows that Nolan's good taste isn't incorruptible

I think Maggie proved that well enough.
bodyofanamerican
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)
bodyofanamerican's Avatar

Originally Posted by AniHawk

sounds liam neesony. not exactly like liam neeson or anything, but reminiscent of the way he speaks.

This is several pages too late, but I wanted to call this out. Seriously awesome and would never have noticed had it not been mentioned.
Lionel Mandrake
(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)
Lionel Mandrake's Avatar
3N16MA
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:01 AM)
3N16MA's Avatar
Isn't the run time supposed to be pushing 160 minutes?
JasonMCG
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:02 AM)
JasonMCG's Avatar
Oh man. So good.
Topher
Paper or plastic?
(05-01-2012, 05:02 AM)
Topher's Avatar
In a movie where a guy is dressed like a bat, that Catwoman mask still looks tacky to me.
lazybones18
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:03 AM)
lazybones18's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3N16MA

Isn't the run time supposed to be pushing 160 minutes?

I sure hope so
Speevy
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:03 AM)
Speevy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionel Mandrake

Does this make any sense to someone who hasn't heard of the prologue?
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(05-01-2012, 05:04 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lionel Mandrake

Does anyone know why he's on the plane, why he's a supervillian, etc in the context of the movie?

Oh is mentioning why didn't I see Liam considered a spoiler?
Kud Dukan
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:05 AM)
Kud Dukan's Avatar
Honestly, I thought Catwomen looked a lot better in this trailer than anything else we've seen of her thus far. Definitely excited to see how they use her.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(05-01-2012, 05:05 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speevy

Does this make any sense to someone who hasn't heard of the prologue?

What the hell s the Prologue?
3N16MA
Member
(05-01-2012, 05:05 AM)
3N16MA's Avatar

Originally Posted by lazybones18

I sure hope so

Looked it up and supposedly it's exactly 160.

Thread Tools