• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

demolitio
(05-02-2012, 06:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Gez

I totally missed this when i took that screenie. Nice find.

It's Derek Mason which is Alex Mason's son according to one of the previews.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(05-02-2012, 06:23 AM)
beyond terrible.
Wingfan19
(05-02-2012, 06:23 AM)
http://youtu.be/Chi9HhO941E

All I can add to this discussion.
Ikkarus
(05-02-2012, 06:33 AM)
Is it just me or did anyone else get an Old Snake vibe from the trailer?
jet1911
(05-02-2012, 06:37 AM)

Originally Posted by JuxJuxJux

Strike Force sounds interesting.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ops-2-detailed

Sounds great! Looks like they're changing the formula quite a bit, I like it. :)
Ridley327
(05-02-2012, 06:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Ikkarus

Only in the sense that someone was trying really hard to sound old and came out sounding like they swallowed some granite instead.
boredofcanada
(05-02-2012, 06:45 AM)
Gotta give Treyarch some credit for at least trying to do something different.
Eggo
GameFan Alumnus
(05-02-2012, 06:58 AM)
Hispanicguy
(05-02-2012, 06:58 AM)
Gamestop pre-order bonus:

http://www.gamestopblackops2.com/

4 waves of bonus offers:

Today
July 1st
August
October

2-sided poster is the first offer:

Also, power up reward members get a prestige token for MW3.

Credit to CAG for the following:

Best Buy next week: FREE Call of Duty Black Ops II Dog Tags with preorder
mysticwhip
Banned
(05-02-2012, 07:02 AM)
female on COD poster? I wonder if they're gonna be any major female roles in the campaign or is it just 'girls with guns looks cool poster'?
XANDER CAGE
WELCOME TO THE XANDER ZONE
(05-02-2012, 07:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Hispanicguy

4 waves of bonus offers:

Today
July 1st
August
October

Wait, who's the woman on the poster? Wat?
Hispanicguy
(05-02-2012, 07:05 AM)

Originally Posted by mysticwhip

female on COD poster? I wonder if they're gonna be any major female roles in the campaign or is it just 'girls with guns looks cool poster'?

According to Kotaku:

There will be at least one female soldier in the game, a pilot named Anderson. She laid quite a bit of waste during the entire LA mission.

Originally Posted by boredofcanada

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ies-new-modes/

8 player zombie mode?? I'm in (if true)

My goodness...I can only imagine the crazy shit that would happen. Please be true.
Last edited by Hispanicguy; 05-02-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Tiduz
Eurogaime
(05-02-2012, 07:06 AM)
DAY MOTHERFUCKING ONE

treyarch > iw
boredofcanada
(05-02-2012, 07:07 AM)

Clairvoyance
(05-02-2012, 07:15 AM)

Originally Posted by boredofcanada

I hope this is true. I hate when I'm playing with 5-6 others and we feel like playing zombies.
vferrel
(05-02-2012, 07:17 AM)
I told myself I was done with Call of Duty after Modern Warfare 3, but this sounds like it might be pretty good.
The_Monk
(05-02-2012, 07:18 AM)
^ Im curious to see what they will do regarding Zombies.

For the multiplayer I would like to see more ways to support teammates.

Also interested to see if they will be releasing some sort of Limited/Collector's Edition. To be honest I'm a sucker for steelbooks at least.
Schrödinger's cat
(05-02-2012, 07:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Ikkarus

Yup. Grizzled veteran. Robotic tanks. 'Who is in control..?' theorising. Need for 'real soldiers' tone.

COD.. has changed. <-- Lies
strideramc
(05-02-2012, 07:25 AM)
I thought I was done with the COD series after the last one....guess not.
Apeopleman
(05-02-2012, 07:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Lavalamp1138

The new attack dogs.

Fixed
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
(05-02-2012, 07:35 AM)
Treyarch, thank you. Hyped as fuck. Finally I can move on from Black Ops.
StevePharma
(05-02-2012, 07:38 AM)
Great trailer. Setting looks good.

I'm guessing the horse mission is an Afghanistan flashback mission?

EDIT: nvm it is
Last edited by StevePharma; 05-02-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Loxley
(05-02-2012, 07:41 AM)
Really interested in the setting, looks like Treyarch are once again getting creative with the campaign. I could care less about the multiplayer, but I'm definitely in as far as the single-player goes.

That bit on horseback really got my attention, that's something I haven't in a CoD before.
dragonelite
(05-02-2012, 07:43 AM)
Nice they have improved the lighting baking looks really good.
I could resist the urge to buy MW3 but not sure if im strong enough to resist this beast.
TheFLYINGManga_Ka
(05-02-2012, 07:44 AM)
Really interested to see how all those future mechs will be incorporated into the multiplayer, if they will be. I doubt they'll be used like tanks but maybe for killstreaks or something else.

Treyarch is very creative with the CoD franchise. This looks like it'll be really fun, but makes me wonder where CoD will go next.
bone_and_sinew
breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
(05-02-2012, 07:47 AM)
Modern Warfare was the last Call of Duty I liked.

I am really intrigued and excited by this one.
Feature
Banned
(05-02-2012, 07:53 AM)
Still that pathetic excuse for an engine being used? Fuck me... atleast the setting is a bit more interesting now.
NutJobJim
(05-02-2012, 08:00 AM)
While I appreciate that they've changed the setting, it still looks like same old COD with a new set of paint. Surely for people that still love the franchise that's enough, but for people that have grown stale of the formula simply setting it 10 or so years in the future isn't enough - its still gonna be pretty much the same old COD that you either love/hate or are indifferent to.

I dunno why it came as such a surprise to some either.
Wasn't a future warfare game heavily rumoured back when the old Infinity Ward staff were still working on the series?

Respawns game must be due for reveal soon... Will be interesting to see how similar it is and which offering looks better...
-Pyromaniac-
(05-02-2012, 08:01 AM)

Originally Posted by NutJobJim

While I appreciate that they've changed the setting, it still looks like same old COD with a new set of paint. Surely for people that still love the franchise that's enough, but for people that have grown stale of the formula simply setting it 10 or so years in the future isn't enough - its still gonna be pretty much the same old COD that you either love/hate or are indifferent to.

Wasn't a future warfare game heavily rumoured back when the old Infinity Ward staff were still working on the series?

Respawns game must be due for reveal soon... Will be interesting to see how similar it is and which offering looks better...

this isn't just a new coat of paint though, there seems to be a whole lot of gameplay changes

Definitely uncharted territory for the series. Did you watch the roll call video or read any previews?
StevePharma
(05-02-2012, 08:04 AM)
Let's just hope they aren't going to pull a ME3 with their multiple endings via the Strike Force missions

People should at least give Treyarch some credit for trying new stuff.

The confliction on GAF is great to read though.
Carbonox
(05-02-2012, 08:06 AM)
Music reminded me of Deus-Ex. Really liked it though in this trailer. Very nice.
Liamario
(05-02-2012, 08:10 AM)
Good that it's in a futuristic setting, but I've already shut the door.
LabouredSubterfuge
(05-02-2012, 08:18 AM)
Well they're trying something new, it just doesn't look very good.
NutJobJim
(05-02-2012, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

this isn't just a new coat of paint though, there seems to be a whole lot of gameplay changes

Definitely uncharted territory for the series. Did you watch the roll call video or read any previews?

I'll be honest, I haven't yet.
I simply watched the trailer and posted my comments.

I'll def check them out and see how much has changed.
Don't get me wrong I at least applaud that they're trying something new... Its just that this setting has been rumoured for the COD franchise for a few years now and I am really interested to see what those ex IW staff have been working on and how similar it looks to this.
ThoseDeafMutes
Very good! Keep thrusting!
(05-02-2012, 08:23 AM)
Story seems like bizarro world hybrid of MGS4 and MW2, with China taking Russia's place in the latter.
zkylon
(05-02-2012, 08:32 AM)
Black Ops was, to me, the only all-around good game since CoD4, and this looks atrocious.
brokenbeans
Big Swaggin'
(05-02-2012, 08:35 AM)
Campaign looks bad ass as always.
LiK
(05-02-2012, 08:37 AM)
I'll play it.
criesofthepast
Overdue ROH inductees:
Pavel Bure
Sergio Momesso
Kirk MacLean's wife
(05-02-2012, 08:39 AM)
Doesn't look half bad. They could just stamp the COD name on a box of turd and sell a billion copies so its nice to see them actually trying with this change in direction. This engine needs to go though.
FantasticMrFoxdie
(05-02-2012, 08:42 AM)
Narrated by Batman...?

Originally Posted by Gouda Jouji

While listening to the Bombcast special, I decided to make this:

Nice.
sneakypete
(05-02-2012, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Hispanicguy

4 waves of bonus offers:

Today
July 1st
August
October

So the 4 waves thing, how does that work? Pre-order now and get the poster, pre-order after July 1st and get something else, etc? Or if I pre-ordered now would I get all 4 items?
batmandarkknight
(05-02-2012, 09:06 AM)

Originally Posted by NutJobJim

I'm not one to argue with ones opinion because I'm the type that understands that everyone has their own view on things (wrong or not). With that in mind.

Really? I don't get it. So many people (not saying youre one of em) say that COD has gone stale, need something new, new setting, new gameplay, yada yada. And when it's given, its either people say they strayed too far or.. its still essentially the same thing.

But try to be open minded. If you think like that, then EVERY game is "stale and the same". Uncharted 1-2 was nothing different then. MGS1-4 is the same then. But if you ask me, these 2 series (a few out of a hundred examples I would assume) always brought something new to the tables that ensured the player would have a memorable experience at least once or twice. Uncharted 2 incorporated stealth, better set pieces and better hand-to-hand combat. But other than that, it was the same formula. But again, the stealth/set pieces made U2 a memorable experience at least a few times. MGS1 since ps1 has always been the same. But how do they continuously make something memorable for the fans? little things. I loved MGS3's incorporation of eating animals and fixing yourself up. For better or worse, I enjoyed Raidens campaign in MGS2. MGS4 brought a LOT of new things. But again, it's essentially the same formula- just with added... ingredients (bad comparison? haha)

I say once or twice because, again, you can't expect the ENTIRE game to bring something new. Games are restricted to their genre. Uncharted is an action/adventure game... So no crap most of the levels would involve shooting, exploration, puzzles, etc. What'd you expect? Some RTS aspect that has nothing to do with the games genre?

Back on topic. I didn't buy MW3 because that personally, didn't give anything new. Same guns, same online, same dumb story. But THIS, this is a new setting for COD. Not only that, but new gameplay aspects You got that Strike... something aspect. You got semi robot thingies and what not. They're pushing the story (BO's story) forward unlike some games that seem to stay in one place (I'm looking at you GoW and COD: MW)

and this is the first COD game to use wub wub wub music in their trailer.

but again, im not trying to argue. just my opinion.

hope you're opinion changes about this game. :)
Last edited by batmandarkknight; 05-02-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(05-02-2012, 09:09 AM)

Originally Posted by vferrel

I told myself I was done with Call of Duty after Modern Warfare 3, but this sounds like it might be pretty good.

Same here
MarkMclovin
(05-02-2012, 09:13 AM)
Great reveal. I'm a massive BLOPS fan but I'm not sure about this futuristic setting. Flying drones, mechs n shit. We'll see I suppose.

I'm definitely sure it'll be a lot better than what IW are shitting out though.
Bleepey
(05-02-2012, 09:20 AM)
Call of duty: future warfare
dilatedmuscle
(05-02-2012, 09:24 AM)

Originally Posted by grap3fruitman

I've been waiting for a Call of Duty to use a more modern setting.

Yeah because they haven't made any warfare games that were modern....

I stopped being a COD fan a few years ago and although i wont be getting this game. Im pleasantly surprised to see that they made it in the future. It seems like a, geeky, bold step. Its pretty cool but man those graphics... so bad... Is 60 frames per second really worth such a shitty looking game? i understand you want fluidity in multiplayer but focus a bit more on graphics for the Campaign, make is ooh and aah instead of cringe during the campaign.

BTW why are people saying this is more modern? modern means current times. If i remember correctly 2025 isnt current.
Brian Fellows
Pete Carroll Owns Me
(05-02-2012, 09:26 AM)
So how long do we have to wait for the MP reveal?
raviolico
(05-02-2012, 09:29 AM)
great trailer. loved Blops. day 1. yes.
soultron
I will snowboard
into a PRISON
(05-02-2012, 09:29 AM)
Shit. If the changes being made to the MP are as appealing as the SP stuff sounds, I'll be buying it.

Thank goodness Treyarch is adding some changes to the formula.
Natiko
(05-02-2012, 09:36 AM)
It's nice to hear they're actually changing some of the formula up. A shame the engine is so outdated at this point that the game is visual diarrhea. I'll probably end up renting this at some point, highly doubt I'll feel any desire to buy it.