• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Ra1den
(05-02-2012, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Augemitbutter

somebody was working on a fan translation for this game. i wonder if he will resume his work now.

This is the burning question that must be answered. Who knows about this? One of you people must know something.
t26
(05-02-2012, 06:15 PM)
Aside from money, is there any reason why Xseed and RSG can't hire an outside company to do the coding?
Macstorm
(05-02-2012, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

Lol. This thread is filled with missed jokes.

Except for the one Vanillaware's playing on gamers.
Tiktaalik
(05-02-2012, 06:28 PM)
Damn that's brutal. I was really interested in this game.

I hope someone can pick this up, maybe port it to Vita?
randomkid
(05-02-2012, 06:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Augemitbutter

somebody was working on a fan translation for this game. i wonder if he will resume his work now.

Time to harass Gyoru with pleading PMs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=120

Someone get wyrdwad to leak his translation!

Or if you want something more plausible, email Gyoru more translations, he was apparently up for it in September heh.
Volcynika
(05-02-2012, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Tiktaalik

Extremely low chance of being ported to Vita.
slaughterking
(05-02-2012, 06:42 PM)

Originally Posted by t26

Aside from money, is there any reason why Xseed and RSG can't hire an outside company to do the coding?

Maybe Vanillaware doesn't want to share their code. Maybe it just takes too much effort to work with completely unfamiliar code/art. Maybe there is just some stuff an outside company simply cannot do like assisting the actual translation process.
Last edited by slaughterking; 05-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Yuterald
(05-02-2012, 06:44 PM)
Man...Grand Knights History, La Mulana (WiiWare), the rumored Bayonetta 2 cancellation, the inevitable un-localized Yakuza 5, Binary Domain sales, could it really get any worse? I'm THIS class to packing shit up and just living off of old games and replaying my favorites. This industry is getting worse and worse.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(05-02-2012, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Tiktaalik

Considering that the Vita's online features are far more advanced and better designed, GKH would definitely benefit from a port to Vita.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(05-02-2012, 06:45 PM)

Originally Posted by slaughterking

Maybe Vanillaware doesn't want to share their code. Maybe it just takes too much effort to work with completely unfamiliar code/art. Maybe there is just some stuff an outside company simply cannot do like assisting the actual translation process.

Also, since this is a Vanillaware game, maybe some of the text/signs/logos/whatever are stored as art assets, and would require then to redo them into English? Every little bit could add up.
Tiktaalik
(05-02-2012, 06:59 PM)
XSeed should post their translation on github. lol
Out_Of_Ammo
(05-02-2012, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Yuterald

Man...Grand Knights History, La Mulana (WiiWare), the rumored Bayonetta 2 cancellation, the inevitable un-localized Yakuza 5, Binary Domain sales, could it really get any worse? I'm THIS class to packing shit up and just living off of old games and replaying my favorites. This industry is getting worse and worse.

Yes, if we never see the localization of the rest of the TiTS games. :(
wrowa
(05-02-2012, 07:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Out_Of_Ammo

Yes, if we never see the localization of the rest of the TiTS games. :(

This reminds me: Have we got any word on whether or not XSeed is satisfied with the sales of Ys on Steam? At this point it seems that Steam is the only hope for potential Trails localizations, so I really hope Oath of Felghana turned/turns out to be a good success...
Mejilan
Running off of Custom Firmware
(05-02-2012, 07:29 PM)
Damn shame. But no blame to Xseed here, I think. Hopefully fans pick up the slack somewhat and a homebrew patch hits.
Macstorm
(05-02-2012, 07:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Mejilan

Damn shame. But no blame to Xseed here, I think. Hopefully fans pick up the slack somewhat and a homebrew patch hits.

And find a way around the IP block.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(05-02-2012, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by wrowa

This reminds me: Have we got any word on whether or not XSeed is satisfied with the sales of Ys on Steam? At this point it seems that Steam is the only hope for potential Trails localizations, so I really hope Oath of Felghana turned/turns out to be a good success...

Hopefully it goes on sale during the summer sale and gets a really big boost in sales.
Peff
(05-02-2012, 07:40 PM)
They did develop and release the widescreen patch so it can't have been too terrible.
SpaceDrake
(05-02-2012, 09:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Peff

They did develop and release the widescreen patch so it can't have been too terrible.

Given the positions it held on the best-seller chart during its launch week, I suspect it did pretty well for itself.

I really wouldn't freak out too much about Trails SC or any other title; this is pretty clearly a one-off thing resulting from a dev-pub relationship gone awry.
Ra1den
(05-04-2012, 01:49 AM)
Because of the cancellation I decided I may as well spoil myself by listening to the OST. Big mistake! The pain is only worse now. Phenomenal music right here.
May16
(05-13-2012, 10:47 AM)

Originally Posted by lazybones18

Late on this, but better late than never

http://twitter.com/#!/RisingStarGame...60477316263936

http://twitter.com/#!/RisingStarGame...60583205650433

Yeah, kinda figured.

Well, people can always dive into importing, at least. The more Japanese games you play, the easier it gets :D
Atmej
(05-13-2012, 11:18 AM)

Originally Posted by May16

Yeah, kinda figured.

Well, people can always dive into importing, at least. The more Japanese games you play, the easier it gets :D

Except the online, which is the main appeal, is IP locked, so it's not that easy.
Goffee
Banned
(07-05-2012, 01:16 PM)
The game is soon joining Sony's "the Best" label in Japan, so might be worth importing if you want a go. Am tempted now, but still kinda hoping they do a Vita version which gets a proper translation, it just looks so good.
Giran
(07-05-2012, 01:18 PM)
Well that's a disappointing bump.
Zwei
(07-05-2012, 01:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Giran

I know, right?
MrBS
(07-05-2012, 01:32 PM)
Any updats on FFX HD yet guys?
ShdwDrake
(07-05-2012, 01:35 PM)
Wtf this bump :(
Galang
(07-05-2012, 01:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Giran

Yeah, cruel.. :(
zroid
(07-05-2012, 01:47 PM)
C'mon guys, obviously if it were better news, there would have been a new thread. But it still hurts.
LiK
(07-05-2012, 01:48 PM)
what a shitty ass bump. there's a GKH Import OT for this.
LuuKyK
(08-17-2012, 07:55 AM)
More sad news, figured it would be better to bump this than create a new one. I hope this isn't old, because its news to me at least. :/

The game had all the english translation done.

"As for GKH, well, sometimes it’s out of our hands. The text was all translated and ready to go, but the resources just weren’t there. We were as devastated as you guys."

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/16...-english-text/
Last edited by LuuKyK; 08-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
(08-17-2012, 07:57 AM)
That fucking sucks. The XSEED guys are really great, they didn't deserve this.
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(08-17-2012, 07:58 AM)

Originally Posted by LuuKyK

More sad news, figured it would be better to bump this than create a new one. I hope this isn't old, because its news to me at least. :/

So...kickstart? I mean, the translation is already done, but they needed more resources...
LuuKyK
(08-17-2012, 07:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Mpl90

So...kickstart? I mean, the translation is already done, but they needed more resources...

Is it possible though?
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(08-17-2012, 07:59 AM)
Another dissapointing bump, lol. Hows the supposed fan translation coming along?

Is it possible though?

If it's truly a matter of resources then a kickstarer would cover it.
Castor Krieg
Banned
(08-17-2012, 08:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Mpl90

They would need Vanillaware's approval to go forward, not to mention probably some programming support as well.
Kagari
Ambidex Edition
(08-17-2012, 08:01 AM)
Vanillaware is busy with Dragon's Crown... so they can't devote resources to help code the localization of GKH :/
Ken
Disappointing bump prompted me to go find my UMD of it and return it to its case.

Originally Posted by Kagari

Vanillaware is busy with Dragon's Crown... so they can't devote resources to help code the localization of GKH :/

I think bringing over DC first is a better choice though; the gameplay alone seems more accessible than GKH.
zroid
damn that sucks gigantic butt
dragonlife
(08-17-2012, 08:02 AM)

Is it possible though?

I don't want to sound negative, but I doubt the Kickstarter would even get enough backers if it were to happen (which I highly doubt, too).

Anyway, the game has some good tracks in it.
LuuKyK
(08-17-2012, 08:05 AM)

Originally Posted by dragonlife

I don't want to sound negative, but I doubt the Kickstarter would even get enough backers if it were to happen (which I highly doubt, too).

Anyway, the game has some good tracks in it.

Being a PSP game is already a huge barrier. That's sadly the true about a possible kickstarter.

Originally Posted by Kagari

I wonder what's the chance of DC being a cross-buy game.
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(08-17-2012, 08:07 AM)

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

I wonder what's the chance of DC being a cross-buy game.

Same as GKH being localized.
Hours Left
(08-17-2012, 08:07 AM)
This is too depressing to go through again. :/

Add it to the list of incentives to learn Japanese.
Eusis
(08-17-2012, 08:10 AM)

Wasn't that confirmed way back, even before the cancellation? This was all about Vanillaware having no one on hand, and thus why it can be doubly frustrating.
LuuKyK
(08-17-2012, 08:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Eusis

Wasn't that confirmed way back, even before the cancellation? This was all about Vanillaware having no one on hand, and thus why it can be doubly frustrating.

I don't think they ever said themselves at what stage the translation was.
dragonlife
(08-17-2012, 08:16 AM)
Here, GAF, let's console each other over the great music from the game:

Fight Blade (Climax)

Assault of Brave Flame

How lame. My favorite track and a few others aren't even uploaded on YouTube. That is a real shame.
LuuKyK
(08-17-2012, 08:21 AM)

Here, GAF, let's console each other over the great music from the game:

Fight Blade (Climax)

Assault of Brave Flame

How lame. My favorite track and a few others aren't even uploaded on YouTube. That is a real shame.

Yeah, not helping. t_t
dragonlife
(08-17-2012, 08:22 AM)
Am I witnessing tears or am I being flipped off
LuuKyK
(08-17-2012, 08:23 AM)

Am I witnessing tears or am I being flipped off

Isn't it clear enough? t__t

t_t