• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 03:56 PM)
yacobod's Avatar
Zombie nog should be taken out back and shit like a broken down race horse.

He should have retired after the nice win over glass jaw schaub.

He loses bad to most ufc heavies.
Host Samurai
Member
(05-17-2012, 04:09 PM)
Host Samurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

Zombie nog should be taken out back and shit like a broken down race horse.

He should have retired after the nice win over glass jaw schaub.

He loses bad to most ufc heavies.

I think Nog can still hang with them. The only heavies that can beat him are JDS,Overeem and Cain. Otherwise I think he beats them all.

I really would have liked him to fight Lesnar. That has FoTN written all over it.
Last edited by Host Samurai; 05-17-2012 at 04:11 PM.
yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 04:21 PM)
yacobod's Avatar
Why u leave off mur who tkod and broke his arm?
Host Samurai
Member
(05-17-2012, 04:25 PM)
Host Samurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

Why u leave off mur who tkod and broke his arm?


Fluke wins. Like I said before, Nog lost because of horrible reffing. He was clearly not hitting Mir in the back of the head and Herb called him out than went for the sub. Thats terrible reffing 101. Nog was in the right and was 1 or 2 punches away from victory. We would have been seeing Nog vs Cain 2 next week instead.
yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 04:28 PM)
yacobod's Avatar

Originally Posted by Host Samurai

Fluke wins. Like I said before, Nog lost because of horrible reffing. He was clearly not hitting Mir in the back of the head and Herb called him out than went for the sub. Thats terrible reffing 101. Nog was in the right and was 1 or 2 punches away from victory. We would have been seeing Nog vs Cain 2 next week instead.

No fluke when you get stopped twice.

Up next samurai explains fedors wins over nog were flukes.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 04:53 PM)
Heel's Avatar
A man who was seconds away from losing to Big Nog in 2012 is fighting for the championship of the world. We need not say a single thing more on the subject, friends.
Host Samurai
Member
(05-17-2012, 04:59 PM)
Host Samurai's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

No fluke when you get stopped twice.

Up next samurai explains fedors wins over nog were flukes.

Noway mang, I love Fedor and love Nog. Fedor legit beat Nog.
polyh3dron
Banned
(05-17-2012, 05:00 PM)
polyh3dron's Avatar
who ya crappin, yacob

host is right

and yeah, mur was effectively tko'd by zombie nog so who the fuck wants to see him face jds
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(05-17-2012, 05:08 PM)
Chamber's Avatar

Originally Posted by polyh3dron

who ya crappin, yacob

host is right

and yeah, mur was effectively tko'd by zombie nog so who the fuck wants to see him face jds

JDS fans.
yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 05:18 PM)
yacobod's Avatar
Who was the ufc going to feed jds after fraudreem failed his drug test?

All this misplaced mur hate should be redirected to fraudreem.

Who the fuck are you guys crapping?
polyh3dron
Banned
(05-17-2012, 05:21 PM)
polyh3dron's Avatar
Mark Hunt would give JDS a better fight, no crappin here

hell, Cain would give him a better fight in a rematch for fuck's sake
yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 05:29 PM)
yacobod's Avatar
Hunt would be a hard sell who you crappin
Host Samurai
Member
(05-17-2012, 05:33 PM)
Host Samurai's Avatar
Sergei would have been a fun fight for JDS.
MjFrancis
Member
(05-17-2012, 05:37 PM)
MjFrancis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heel

A man who was seconds away from losing to Big Nog in 2012 is fighting for the championship of the world. We need not say a single thing more on the subject, friends.

.

Not much more to say, really. The HW division is the anti-LW division. Shallow as a mud puddle.
parrotbeak
Member
(05-17-2012, 05:46 PM)
parrotbeak's Avatar
UFC fans don't know who Sergei is, who ya crappin. (I'd like to see him in the UFC too)
industrian
will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
(05-17-2012, 05:51 PM)
industrian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Host Samurai

Sergei would have been a fun fight for JDS.

He got KO'd by a pillow-fisted no-name Indian K-1 fighter. JDS would murder him.
Maklershed
Member
(05-17-2012, 05:53 PM)
Maklershed's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

Who was the ufc going to feed jds after fraudreem failed his drug test?

Pat Barry lololololol
polyh3dron
Banned
(05-17-2012, 05:54 PM)
polyh3dron's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

Hunt would be a hard sell who you crappin

Mir is an even harder sell. I can't help but laugh every time I see that ad where someone is texting someone with their iPhone in all caps "WHO CAN BEAT THIS GUY" and then it cuts to a guy who effectively was TKO'd by Zombie Nog. Had Herb reffed that fight like he did the Fedor/Hendo fight that's definitely what would have happened.

Who the fuck is the UFC crappin with that? I'd honestly take Mark Hunt over that because of the style matchup. Rankings and records don't tell you everything.
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 06:13 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar
Dana doesn't want a near .500 fighter without major wins even having a chance to win the HW title.

Well that is, unless he's a former WWE champion.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(05-17-2012, 06:14 PM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maklershed

Pat Barry lololololol

Hey I'd watch that.
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 06:32 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar
Why we talking about Mir and JDS anyway? I'm actually interested in Strikeforce this weekend. Barnett by GnP is my prediction, and Gil is going to handle Thompson easy in the worthless Strikeforce lightweight division.
Host Samurai
Member
(05-17-2012, 06:33 PM)
Host Samurai's Avatar
Yeah the ads for 146 are terrible. Its just really hard to sell Mir for this fight.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 06:39 PM)
Heel's Avatar
Gilbert Melendez Admits Motivation for Josh Thomson Fight Is ‘Not the Easiest’

Being a big fish in a small pond can be a frustrating endeavor in the subjective, insulated world of mixed martial arts. Fairly or unfairly, a fighter is often only as good as his résumé, and when that résumé begins lacking the flashier names of his counterparts, regaining momentum to climb up the divisional rankings can seem like an impossible task.

It's an inherently skewed system, but it's the only one we've got, and it's the one the Gilbert Melendez has been struggling with for years. Despite being universally heralded as one of the top-three lightweights in the world, Melendez has drifted into divisional limbo as the Strikeforce lightweight champion.

Shaun Al-Shatti, confirmed MMA-GAF lurker.
MjFrancis
Member
(05-17-2012, 06:41 PM)
MjFrancis's Avatar
I'd rather rewatch Cerrone tool Stephens again than watch Mir fight anyone. I'm still bitter for having paid for Cro-Cop/Mir. Some of the most craptacular MMA I've ever been privy to. And I watch old DREAM matches for entertainment.
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 06:41 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heel

Gilbert Melendez Admits Motivation for Josh Thomson Fight Is ‘Not the Easiest’



Shaun Al-Shatti, confirmed MMA-GAF lurker.

When is his deal up? If I were him, I would be getting on every single SF card to exhaust all the fights on his deal.
yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 06:42 PM)
yacobod's Avatar
I'm going to take Cormier in an upset. Barnett historically has always been weak against strikers, and Cormier will be good enough to keep it standing.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 06:48 PM)
Heel's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

When is his deal up? If I were him, I would be getting on every single SF card to exhaust all the fights on his deal.

That article links to another that says it was a "multi-year deal". Nice little article though, it describes the situation and his opinion on it very plainly.

"I was having some high hopes, and I think even Dana (White) had high hopes," Melendez admitted. "It was looking positive. I don't know the politics behind-the-scenes and I don't know exactly what happened, but it just never came to.

"I understand why no one (will come). I think Strikeforce and Showtime is a great promotion, and they've done great things, but it's no secret that the main stage is the UFC. Some people don't want to go into Strikeforce, and maybe, they don't want to get stuck there. I understand where they're coming from."

polyh3dron
Banned
(05-17-2012, 06:48 PM)
polyh3dron's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

Why we talking about Mir and JDS anyway? I'm actually interested in Strikeforce this weekend. Barnett by GnP is my prediction, and Gil is going to handle Thompson easy in the worthless Strikeforce lightweight division.

I think Thomson is gonna do a Patrick Cote impression and blow out his knee during the fight.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(05-17-2012, 06:49 PM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

I'm going to take Cormier in an upset. Barnett historically has always been weak against strikers, and Cormier will be good enough to keep it standing.

I second Corn-Me-Yay. I was not impressed with Barnett's performance (as of late).
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 06:50 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

I'm going to take Cormier in an upset. Barnett historically has always been weak against strikers, and Cormier will be good enough to keep it standing.

Cormier was considered a wrestler with no striking before he KO'ed Big Foot. Big Foot was considered just a big guy with no coordination or talent before he destroyed Fedor.

It's like a giant stack of cards that goes back to the patient zero of paper tigers.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 06:53 PM)
Heel's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

Cormier was considered a wrestler with no striking before he KO'ed Big Foot. Big Foot was considered just a big guy with no coordination or talent before he destroyed Fedor.

It's like a giant stack of cards that goes back to the patient zero of paper tigers.

Like I said earlier, his striking progression has been unreal. I don't think it was a fluke, as he made huge strides between the Cole and Monson fight as well. He looks very fluid on his feet now. Training at AKA will do that to you.

I agree with yaco. I don't think a Cormier upset is out of the question at all.
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 06:56 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heel

Like I said earlier, his striking progression has been unreal. I don't think it was a fluke, as he made huge strides between the Cole and Monson fight as well. He looks very fluid on his feet. Training at AKA will do that to you.

I agree with yaco. I don't think a Cormier upset is out of the question at all.

At least you know what you're getting with Barnett. A big ass dude who does one thing well, and can finish if he gets you on the ground. One of the few fighters left anymore who are deadly from the mount.

Maybe Cormier pulls it off, no one knows enough about him yet to know if he's legit, at least not off of KO'ing Big Foot.

And oh, I just read you-know-who says his last fight may be his fight with Rizzo. Hallelujah.
yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 06:56 PM)
yacobod's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

It's like a giant stack of cards that goes back to the patient zero of paper tigers.

Chamber
love on your sleeve
(05-17-2012, 06:58 PM)
Chamber's Avatar
Cormier wins in Round 2 via TKO. I have forseen it.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 06:58 PM)
Heel's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

At least you know what you're getting with Barnett. A big ass dude who does one thing well, and can finish if he gets you on the ground. One of the few fighters left anymore who are deadly from the mount.

Maybe Cormier pulls it off, no one knows enough about him yet to know if he's legit, at least not off of KO'ing Big Foot.

And oh, I just read you-know-who says his last fight may be his fight with Rizzo. Hallelujah.

Well, if Barnett mounts a former Olympic medalist we can go ahead and move him to the unstoppable category.

How can he be retiring? He hasn't even reached his prime, brah.
yacobod
Banned
(05-17-2012, 07:01 PM)
yacobod's Avatar
nice a Cormier warwagon is emerging. if he loses, we'll sweep it under the rug like it never happened.
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 07:01 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heel

Well, if Barnett mounts a former Olympic medalist we can go ahead and move him to the unstoppable category.

How can he be retiring? He hasn't even reached his prime, brah.

He's moving on to reach the prime in his true career calling: Russian ice cream eating champion. It is an upgrade though, the soft serve ice cream won't be softer than his career slate of opponents.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 07:01 PM)
Heel's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

nice a Cormier warwagon is emerging. if he loses, we'll sweep it under the rug like it never happened.

The thread title has spoken, friend. Their fates are sealed.
TheKaeptain
nuh fi eating seeen
(05-17-2012, 07:05 PM)
TheKaeptain's Avatar
Barnett by sub.
polyh3dron
Banned
(05-17-2012, 07:06 PM)
polyh3dron's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

nice a Cormier warwagon is emerging. if he loses, we'll sweep it under the rug like it never happened.

Exactly.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(05-17-2012, 07:11 PM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

nice a Cormier warwagon is emerging. if he loses, we'll sweep it under the rug like it never happened.

We're getting good at this.
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 07:12 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar

Originally Posted by yacobod

nice a Cormier warwagon is emerging. if he loses, we'll sweep it under the rug like it never happened.

So, just react the same way as you would when you see a WrikaWrek Gaming post? :P
parrotbeak
Member
(05-17-2012, 07:18 PM)
parrotbeak's Avatar
I'm sticking with my man Barnett, future GOAT by default after all the others become cans.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 07:19 PM)
Heel's Avatar
yacobud, did your eyes well up with tears when you entered your first dungeon and saw the resolution of the hellspawn in Diablo III yes or not.
polyh3dron
Banned
(05-17-2012, 07:20 PM)
polyh3dron's Avatar

Originally Posted by parrotbeak

I'm sticking with my man Barnett, future GOAT by default after all the others become cans.

Yep I'm rooting for him to because the only way the UFC signs him is if he wins this, while Cormier will get signed regardless of the result.
Heel
Member
(05-17-2012, 07:23 PM)
Heel's Avatar

Originally Posted by polyh3dron

Yep I'm rooting for him to because the only way the UFC signs him is if he wins this, while Cormier will get signed regardless of the result.

But a Barnett loss could lead to Barnett vs. Fedor on NYE without the needless formality of a urine test. I ain't mad at that.
TheNatural
My Member!
(05-17-2012, 07:23 PM)
TheNatural's Avatar

Originally Posted by polyh3dron

Yep I'm rooting for him to because the only way the UFC signs him is if he wins this, while Cormier will get signed regardless of the result.

What happens once Barnett pops for roids again after this one?
polyh3dron
Banned
(05-17-2012, 07:26 PM)
polyh3dron's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

What happens once Barnett pops for roids again after this one?

He won't, they'll just make sure that his UFC fights happen in stated that aren't CA or NV.
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(05-17-2012, 07:26 PM)
Chamber's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

So, just react the same way as you would when you see a WrikaWrek Gaming post? :P

I have tears in my eyes reading this post.
parrotbeak
Member
(05-17-2012, 07:27 PM)
parrotbeak's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNatural

What happens once Barnett pops for roids again after this one?

That's why he'll be GOAT by default. His US career ends on no contest and then he goes on to can crush in Japan. He will be the only legend who won't end his career on losses.

Thread Tools