• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Company Of Heroes 2 Announced On PC Gamer Cover [Unveiling May 7th]

Keasar

Are these guys involved in this somehow?
moddbheader2.jpg

http://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front

Their mod is one of my favourites for Company of Heroes while also being what I consider to be the absolutely best one.

Sibylus

Banned
CoH was one of my favourite RTSes of all time, and to see them choose the largest and most dynamic theater of the war as their setting, well, I'm quite intrigued. The gameplay additions sound brilliant, absolutely the sort of thing I loved the first Company of Heroes for. Please let me knock down more buildings with my tank treads!

Cramoss

I bought the GOTY edition of the first one a while ago and I still haven't played it. I may have to fix that soon.

Sober

Excite!

Though I hope they tone down on some of the randomness in the series, at least in ranked games.
What do you mean by that? Relic's RTS's have never been straight up number fights like SC1 and SC2. Ever since DoW1, Relic has been using stats that have damage ranges and ranged weapons have hit % chances rather that "always hits on contact".

Ysiadmihi

Banned
What do you mean by that? Relic's RTS's have never been straight up number fights like SC1 and SC2. Ever since DoW1, Relic has been using stats that have damage ranges and ranged weapons have hit % chances rather that "always hits on contact".

Some randomness is fine by me, but having your sniper killed by another even though yours fired the first shot or watching a tank spend 30 seconds mowing down your infantry while it's "Out of control" is infuriating.

Some randomness is fine by me, but having your sniper killed by another even though yours fired the first shot or watching a tank spend 30 seconds mowing down your infantry while it's "Out of control" is infuriating.

I prefer randomness to a straight-up numberfest. Gives the battles a chaotic edge to them.

derFeef

Systems like that made the game even better in MP. So much fun was had.

HoosTrax

Jesus, Conrad! Tie your fucking laces!

This is a good pick me up after Valve decided to poop on E3.
Now I do a double take every time I hear Brandon Keener's voice in another different game (he's the voice actor for the American sniper aka Boogieman, as well as Craft from CoH:ToV). I guess he's famous to most people more as the voice of Garrus in the Mass Effect games, but I'll always remember him as Boogieman.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I wonder if it will look better than Shogun 2.

Given the smaller scale of the battles I would hope so. I guess it depends on what type of hardware they're shooting for though. It'd be hard to make it look better than Shogun 2 if they want older PCs to run it well.

Dakota47

God yes! The first CoH was the game that got me into online RTS games. Can't wait for this sequel to come out.

Proelite

This game better sell a million copies.

Russia, you better do your part!

Expansion would probably be American vs Japanese, although the lack of tanks of the Japanese side would be difficult to balance.

Maybe the Imperial navy will play a big part, or they can use some experimental Japanese tanks.

Corto

Ok. I'm more composed now. FUCK YEAH

Hope it fares better than the first too. It will be my day one of 2013 and the only Special Limited Edition of the generation (if it has one).

This game better sell a million copies.

Russia, you better do your part!

Expansion would probably be American vs Japanese, although the lack of tanks of the Japanese side would be difficult to balance.

Maybe the Imperial navy will play a big part, or they can use some experimental Japanese tanks.

The good thing about COH is that it doesn't have to stick rigidly to realism, so I'd imagine a Japanese side would have certain bonuses attributed to them to balance some stuff out. No infantry suppression, perhaps, or uber booby trap and ambush capabilities.

Wiktor

That bad?
The laziest "game" I've seen in years. There are some good points about it, but every single one of them is because it was based on Men of War engine, the "effort" of the Condemned Heroes team didn't bring anything to the table.

DTKT

The laziest "game" I've seen in years. There are some good points about it, but every single one of them is because it was based on Men of War engine, the "effort" of the Condemned Heroes team didn't bring anything to the table.

After Vietnam, I decided to ignore the MOW franchise. I guess I was right. :|

I missed out on the original CoH, but have heard great things about it over the years.

How was the multiplayer scene for CoH? I like StarCraft 2, but the hardcore competitive scene for it makes it an unappealing environment for me.

Does CoH have a good competitive community that isn't too up the ass of tournament focused/ranking meta play?

If it's good, I may jump in on CoH2.

Top Bottom