• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Company Of Heroes 2 Announced On PC Gamer Cover [Unveiling May 7th]

Rur0ni

17141865-lol-reaction.gif
My sentiments exactly. Many hours were burned with CoH. Loved that ladder. I prefer it over SC.

Wiktor

After Vietnam, I decided to ignore the MOW franchise. I guess I was right. :|

The general rule is: if it's done by BestWay or Digital Mind Soft it's worth bying, if it's done by anyone else...avoid at all cost

Sanjay

Oh yeah, hopefully they still include the 4 previous factions and add more towards that and the best multi-player maps, all I want is more of the same with new tech.

Wolfie5

Holy Shiiit! YES! YES! YES!

Follow up to an awesome game and it´s about time for a sequel. Can´t believe it´s been 6 years now.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Man, I really wanted DoW III first, but more Relic RTS is always good. And it's the Eastern Front, pretty excited about that.

Hari Seldon

Its usually pretty cheap on Steam, especially during their sales. I got it on Steam over the Christmas sale for $2.50, I think. And for a 5 year old game it still looks really good.

Fuck yeah it still looks good. Has actual physics and destructible terrain and buildings unlike the 1990s era SC2.

Lyonaz

Damnit Relic! That's not how you spell Homeworld 3!
But I will support you guys, so how about some homeworld loving after this one yeah?

Great news!! :)

The world needs more great RTS like CoH.

CoH2, Generals 2, and Revenge Of The Swarm oh the horizon... can't get any better than this, can't it?
Homeworld 3 is announced by a Kickstarter fund in 3... 2... 1... a man can only dream

Das-J

Law of the West
Hoping this comes out after production is completed... whole damn office might grind to a halt!

Will play the fuck out of this. Still never played the 2 expansions for CoH, I should do that at some point. I really loved the original campaign

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I can die happy now.(Please don't suck like DoW 2)

Finally, someone else who didn't get DoW2. I was like "why the hell does everyone like this?". Personal taste.

I think it's fair to say that it's impossible it will resemble DoW2 in any way though, seeing as we're talking Ostfront here. That is mass warfare at its worst for the most part; small-squad management on the character-fixated level of DoW2 just wouldn't work out as a general approach to realizing it, as I see it.

HoosTrax

I think it's fair to say that it's impossible it will resemble DoW2 in any way though, seeing as we're talking Ostfront here. That is mass warfare at its worst for the most part; small-squad management on the character-fixated level of DoW2 just wouldn't work out as a general approach to realizing it, as I see it.
I'm curious, did you ever play the Tales of Valor single player campaign?

Good news.

I always preferred the Dawn of War stuff because WW2 is so boring, but I could still tell it was a fantastic game for MP. I even ended up buying it twice, but never really got into it. The campaign was pretty bad is the main reason.

Proelite

If people wants a quick Company of Heroes fix, get the Modern Combat mod that just came out. It's super fun.

Time to replay CoH and all it's expansions! I really look forward to some screenshots and videos of the game in motion. Dawn of War 2 still looks great in Eyefinity with max settings. This is only going to look better.

ArjanN

Finally, someone else who didn't get DoW2. I was like "why the hell does everyone like this?". Personal taste.

In the 40K fiction the battles are like 100 times more massive than WW2 battles, so I don't think that necessarily means anything regarding gameplay.

Oh, and why I liked DoW2 better than CoH: while the MP was about equal to CoH to me, it had better single-player campaigns, the Warhammer 40K setting is more interesting than WW2, and it had the Last Stand mode.

Decado

Bigger news to me than another Elder Scrolls game.
By far. That being said, is there another Elder Scrolls game that got announced? :p

Honestly, this is bigger news pretty much any continuation of a franchise, for me. CoH is the first RTS game I really enjoyed.

So is Relic doing DoWIII and CoH2?

Top Bottom