• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowloo Showdown 2012 | Fighting game tournament (AU) | May 4-6

I just realized no matter how much i love everyone in the brackets for umvc3, without Chris G no winner can be completely legit.

o.0 What that makes no sense. Chris G isn't even the consensus or unanimous undisputed champ.

Chris G won Civil War and Power UP but you can't hardly call those legitimate majors. The last big major (NCR) he didn't make top 8. The big one before that (FR) he placed lower than Pr Balrog, Yipes, and Mihe. Curley Mustache right after that he lost to Marlin Pie. Few months before that he lost to Justin Wong.

I don't think he makes it legit or not. At this point no one player has been super dominant enough to be the clear cut #1. If you're going to say that Chris G makes it legitimate what about PR Balrog who has placed higher than Chris G at the last two tournament that they were both present? Or F. Champ who one placed only one spot lower (FR), and other won (NCR) when both were present?

It wasnt really a statement on his talent just on how much ive seen him on streams lately. Constantly at big two and majors throwing soul fists and testing guys.

It wasnt really a statement on his talent just on how much ive seen him on streams lately. Constantly at big two and majors throwing soul fists and testing guys.

I see but at this point it's really hard to tell so I guess any tournament with at least 4-5 international contenders is legitimate. Since certain players seems to give others problems, but can't beat a certain player. Kind of like Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Seems that Justin has Chris G's number, but Pr Balrog has Justin's number. Then Champ been getting PR Balrog's number. It wouldn't shock me if Pr Balrog wins SB even though Chris G is probably more solid overall just because PR Balrog just has a nice track record against Chris G.

LOL BONCHAN!

Dahbomb

HAHA TAC "exploit" is exactly why Phoenix is B tier in Ultimate. Denied the Dark Phoenix.
How is a phoenix player not mashing left/right s??
He used the TAC exploit in that final match.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
How is a phoenix player not mashing left/right s??
The guy used the TAC>XF>TAC trick in the first round. If I was to assume that it was a strategic choice on the Phoenix's player's part in the 2nd round, I'd say that he purposely let the TAC hit him so that he would have the opportunity to counter a second TAC had the other guy attempted to do the trick again. (But that's probably not what happened; I'd assume that he just had a mental lapse and let it hit him.)

This is how Filipino Champ counters it, at any rate. He pulled it out on me in casuals at Final Round when I tried the XF trick and I was pretty confused as to how he did it until he explained it to me.

He used the TAC exploit in that final match.
I don't think he did it in the final round. Looked like a straight-up side exchange.

Yeah thats what i was talking about it was the very last one in the match. I hadn't seen the double TAC in tourny yet though.

Lethality

I don't think he did it in the final round. Looked like a straight-up side exchange.

One can counter the TAC>XF>TAC simply by letting the first TAC go into the XF and Mash Left+S after XFactor is activated. He may have been waiting for the XF so he can counter the second TAC.

Dahbomb

freshest new dorm firebrand tech. at least new for me.
Not really new because it was all standard Zak Bennet tech that he's been using at Armhouse for quite some time now.

And yeah Zak is legit as hell, I wasn't hyping him up for no reason. Hopefully he performs well and people will stop saying Firebrand sucks (he is in fact a godly character).

Dahbomb

Ok that was the CRAZIEST Strange teleport mix up I have ever seen.

HOLY CRAP Avenger spoilers on stream. Good thing I have seen the movie.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How the heck do you have a team of Raven and Yoshimitsu and lose to someone that doesn't even play Tekken? JWong was solely relying on instinct and played a Tekken 5 Feng and BR Jack. If I was in his position I would have just abused the 10 strings. He obviously didn't know when to block low.

Justin knows how to play TEKKEN. He might not know all the moves but he can compete with the best in TEKKEN if he practices/studies. He's just a smart gamer overall.

Top Bottom