• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Floex
(05-04-2012, 03:19 PM)
Seriously, who pre-orders a game 7 months in advance?

If it was for a special price, sure but c'mon people!
HocusPocus
(05-04-2012, 03:20 PM)
I'm sorry but that preview trailer looked like shit to me.
jet1911
(05-04-2012, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Floex

I need to be sure they make a copy just for meeeeeeeeeeee!
Flame Lord
(05-04-2012, 03:21 PM)
Kiyo
(05-04-2012, 03:22 PM)

Why not? It's amazon so all it takes is one click to cancel it whenever you want. I had some Amazon gift card money on my account so I figured I might as well set it aside for that and if I decide I don't want to get it all I have to do is hit cancel.
-Pyromaniac-
Why does everything have to be so black and white with the series. I for one got MW3, played it plenty, but overall didn't enjoy it very much. People say that and go so that's it for me.

But in my case, I like treyarch quite a bit, so although I was disappointed in MW3, I'm decently hyped right now for black ops 2. All the changes it is implementing is just the bonus to the fact that treyarch is developing it, and I enjoy their iterations more in the post cod4 era.
Zabka
Treyarch killed Stopping Power. They got my moneys.
matics
(05-04-2012, 03:28 PM)

I pre-ordered Dragon's Crown as soon as it was available on Amazon.
It's not out til 2013 :(
The_Darkest_Red
(05-04-2012, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Personally I'm very pumped about this game. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint and some new gameplay features can do for one's enthusiasm.

Also, COMBAT TRAINING IS BACK

You nailed it, man. I passed on MW3 but after seeing that trailer I can safely say I am back in with CoD.
stuminus3
Never buying another games console. Ever.
(05-04-2012, 03:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Kiyo

Why not? It's amazon so all it takes is one click to cancel it whenever you want. I had some Amazon gift card money on my account so I figured I might as well set it aside for that and if I decide I don't want to get it all I have to do is hit cancel.

Yeah I think there's something to this - it's much easier to pre-order games than ever without ever having to interact with anyone or have actual real cash money change hands. For example I pre-ordered a digital download of Diablo III for absolutely no reason at all one day just because I was idling around on the Blizzard site at work. Click, done.
SafeinSound
(05-04-2012, 03:33 PM)
I'll never understand pre-ordering this game. I guess so people can go to midnight launches, but really...do they think they aren't going to be able to find a copy somewhere?
dskillzhtown
keep your strippers out of my American football
(05-04-2012, 03:35 PM)

Agreed. I can see a truly limited edition pre-order, but pre-ordering a regular edition super early makes no sense to me. Not like they are going to sell out on day one, two or three.

I didn't care about Black Ops 2 until I read gameplay details which really seem like they are bringing new ideas into shooters. We will see as more information/footage comes out, but seems like they are trying not to make the exact same game again. Combat Training being back is great for me. Bots should be as mandatory as a shotgun in shooters.
Cheech
(05-04-2012, 03:36 PM)

Originally Posted by SafeinSound

I'll never understand pre-ordering this game. I guess so people can go to midnight launches, but really...do they think they aren't going to be able to find a copy somewhere?

Well, with Amazon, you can fire and forget so any promotions that come down the pike will automatically be applied to the game. It makes a lot of sense to preorder this far in advance just for that reason.
EuropeOG
(05-04-2012, 03:37 PM)

I'm sure Activision print more and more copies each year, but why not be safe and pre-order so you can go to the store at launch (not midnight) and just pick up your copy with no worries?
BassForever
(05-04-2012, 03:46 PM)

Because it's super easy to go onto Amazon or Gamestop and click the pre-order button, then you don't have to worry about in and several months later the game will arrive at your door when it's released.
RukusProvider
(05-04-2012, 03:46 PM)
I've been away from CoD since MW2 but since BF3 is such a letdown, I might bE up for this one.
Derrick01
Banned
(05-04-2012, 03:48 PM)

You preorder it on Amazon and you don't have to worry about it until it comes out. They don't even charge you until it ships.
R2D4
(05-04-2012, 03:49 PM)

LULZ at having to leave the house to buy a game.
EuropeOG
(05-04-2012, 03:52 PM)
Did they confirm dedicated servers for PC yet? Won't pre-order until I am sure of this.
Floex
(05-04-2012, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Kiyo

But... but what is the point? So you are putting your gift vouchers to one side for what reason? You want to spend your gift card? Spend your gift card
Baron
(05-04-2012, 03:55 PM)

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

I guess Gamestop opening early to take Black Ops 2 preorders was a good move, despite how insane it sounded.

I know it's already been said, but what gets me is I simply don't understand why some people seriously make a special trip to a store merely to give these stores money for something they won't get for another six months, and especially that this something will not in any way be in limited quantities. You could walk into any store the week of release and buy the damn game, no troubles whatsoever.
Last edited by Baron; 05-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.
R2D4
(05-04-2012, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Baron

I know it's already been said, but what gets me is I simply don't understand why some people seriously make a special trip to a store merely to give these stores money for something they won't get for another six months, and especially that this something will not in any way be in limited quantities. You could walk into any store the week of release and buy the damn game, no troubles whatsoever.

Because people are fucking dumb. I don't know why you wouldn't just pre order it on Amazon and forget about it. It shows up on your doorstep day of release. Amazon takes trade ins too so there is no reason to use Gamestop unless you are just brainwashed into going there.
Rahxephon91
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:11 PM)
You get a poster if you pre-order at Gamestop now.

So there is that.
MMaRsu
I need some paprika. Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(05-04-2012, 04:12 PM)

Originally Posted by RukusProvider

I've been away from CoD since MW2 but since BF3 is such a letdown, I might bE up for this one.

Just buy Bad Company 2 again, with all the new maps it's pretty damn great. Got it for like 7 bucks, amazing.
Orayn
(05-04-2012, 04:15 PM)
My hatred of CoD has degraded rapidly as of late. Regardless of how much certain aspects of the series may annoy me, they're pretty well made games, and I'm glad to hear that Treyarch is actually rocking the boat with this one.

Hell, I might even become one of the TEN GORILLION PRE-ORDERS if a few of my friends are on board.
Ethereal Ardor
(05-04-2012, 04:29 PM)
Same release date as Halo 4 huh. Studio 343, your move.
faridmon
(05-04-2012, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

Just buy Bad Company 2 again, with all the new maps it's pretty damn great. Got it for like 7 bucks, amazing.

This guy gets it. BC2 is still as amazing as ever. Piss off BF3!
Busty
when Jesus ain't watching Kinect will watch over you
(05-04-2012, 04:32 PM)
Impressive numbers to be sure....., but let's wait until 6 months after this game is released and then we can compare sales numbers with the other titles in the series....

*folds arms*
Linkhero1
(05-04-2012, 04:34 PM)
I said I was going to stop buying CoD after MW3, but it looks like they got me by the balls guys.
hamchan
(05-04-2012, 04:34 PM)
It was a good trailer.
shinobi602
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Ethereal Ardor

Same release date as Halo 4 huh. Studio 343, your move.

Halo 4 comes out the week before.
Lord-Audie
(05-04-2012, 04:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Rahxephon91

You get a poster if you pre-order at Gamestop now.

So there is that.

Imagine if they do free T-Shirts...

I heard that you can move people to another planet if you offer Free T-Shirts.
Ethereal Ardor
(05-04-2012, 04:38 PM)

Originally Posted by shinobi602

Whoops, still too close to BLOPS 2 imo.
razgriz417
(05-04-2012, 04:39 PM)
I'll admit I preordered on Amazon, tho I do that with every game I'm remotely interested in (have 15 preordered atm) because if theres an price fluctuation your order gets reduced to the lowest given price. Don't care about sp at all (last one I played was COD2), if they really are focusing in on hardcore mode for multi, I'll keep the preorder, if not I'll just cancel later.
ZZMitch
(05-04-2012, 04:40 PM)
Sweet, ill be there day 1 with the rest of em!
MrOogieBoogie
BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
(05-04-2012, 04:40 PM)

Originally Posted by razgriz417

I'll admit I preordered on Amazon, tho I do that with every game I'm remotely interested in (have 15 preordered atm) because if theres an price fluctuation your order gets reduced to the lowest given price. Don't care about sp at all (last one I played was COD2), if they really are focusing in on hardcore mode for multi, I'll keep the preorder, if not I'll just cancel later.

That's a good idea, but do you really purchase all your games near retail at launch? Goddamn, that's expensive.
razgriz417
(05-04-2012, 04:42 PM)

Originally Posted by MrOogieBoogie

That's a good idea, but do you really purchase all your games near retail at launch? Goddamn, that's expensive.

Na, I end up cancelling at least 3/4 of them. I talk myself out of getting them the week of launch haha
shinobi602
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Ethereal Ardor

Whoops, still too close to BLOPS 2 imo.

I'm happy Microsoft and 343 are being more aggressive with H4. They really want it to excel.
mysticwhip
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:45 PM)
told ya so
snack
Saka Saiyan
(05-04-2012, 04:46 PM)
wtfff

I thought this was going to be the year everyone leaves the COD franchise. Guess I was wrong.
Ethereal Ardor
(05-04-2012, 04:46 PM)

I'm happy Microsoft and 343 are being more aggressive with H4. They really want it to excel.

I'm glad my brother's a CoD head so I've never had to shell out money for it. Halo will always be a day one purchase for me.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(05-04-2012, 04:47 PM)

Gonna be a busy 2 weeks
RukusProvider
(05-04-2012, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

Yep. One of my biggest regrets this gen was getting rid of BC2, too early. Such a better game.

BF3 is proof that it's gameplay, not graphics that hold up over time.
shinobi602
Banned
(05-04-2012, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Gonna be a busy 2 weeks

An amazing 2 weeks =D
Meier
(05-04-2012, 04:49 PM)
Activision stock down 2.5% today despite this news and the impending Diablo 3 release. I hate the stock market. ><
Schnei871
(05-04-2012, 04:50 PM)
Giantbomb CODcast makes this less upsetting to me but still crazy how much these games sell
Yoshi
(05-04-2012, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Rahxephon91

Sadly? GTFO with that shit. You don't like it? Tough Tits. It's a solid francheise that deserves to be around.

Man I wonder if I went into one of those pedo Gust rpg threads and complained that they keep making them how long I would last.

Probably not very long and it should be no diffrent for CoD threads.

As a Sonic fan I can tell you it goes totally unpunished for that franchise, too.
snack
Saka Saiyan
(05-04-2012, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Meier

Activision stock down 2.5% today despite this news and the impending Diablo 3 release. I hate the stock market. ><

It'll shoot back up in due time. GO ATVI!
Ace Harding
(05-04-2012, 04:55 PM)
Breaking news: more people are preordering games on Amazon.

Sarcasm aside, I might hop on the CoD train after a one-year break. I always play through the campaign, then about 10 hrs of multiplayer, then it sits on my shelf. But I guess 14-15 hours from one game isn't too terrible.

Anyway, I just watched the trailer, and there are horses. And mechs. Day 1.

Originally Posted by Meier

Why would an impending release that everyone knows about affect the stock price today? The stock is down because the entire market is down (lower job growth than expected).
Chinner
(05-04-2012, 04:55 PM)
lol @ bf3/moh/ea fanboys bashing cod. do we have to go through all of this every single year now?