• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 pre-orders top original Black Ops, MW3's

Row

Banned
I skipped MW3 but will be on board for BO2, it's not even close how much better BO was online than MW3

I pre-ordered with glee. Treyarch call of duty is best call of duty. Despite me souring on MW3 quite a bit after playing it a bunch.

How would you guys feel about a $200 Prestige Edition? It might happen according to my sources. Would anything justify that?
A remote controlled quad copter drone might.

3.jpg

EYEL1NER

It's good to see that a lot of people are interested in it.
I have heard so many people say that mW3 would be their last one because of how terrible they think it is.
BlOps 2 looks fresh and has a lot of new and interesting things being done with it. Treyarch are taking some risks and making some changes that I think are for the better. It would suck if the faults of MW3 caused no one to buy this.

Edit: and lol at the haters. The salt and tears taste delicious.

Dysun

I've bought every CoD at launch or shortly there-after, I will also be buying Blops 2 on launch. Over the course of the year I get more enjoyment with this one game playing with my friends over any other multiplayer game.

I stopped buying CoD after MW2. If a Wii U version does in fact exist and doesn't suck, I will definitely consider buying it. Otherwise I will probably pass.

The pre-order increase isn't surprising.

Gorillaz

Not a big fan of the black ops, didn't like how slow paced the first felt...but Im interested in what they are planning this time, especially on the zombie side. Not gonna preorder tho.

ohlawd

That's cool.

I played the crap out of Black Ops. I feel ashamed for buying MW3 though. That game sucks really hard. I wasted a day's worth of playtime playing that garbage. Hell I borrowed MW2 for 5 hours and that was also a waste of time.

Treyarch be takin' my money as long as they keep the quality up.

DaBuddaDa

no its not.

First paragraph of wikipedia article on Science Fiction said:
Science fiction is a genre of fiction dealing with imaginary but more or less plausible (or at least non-supernatural) content such as future settings, futuristic science and technology, space travel, aliens, and paranormal abilities. Exploring the consequences of scientific innovations is one purpose of science fiction, making it a "literature of ideas".[1]

Science fiction is largely based on writing rationally about alternative possible worlds or futures.[2] It is similar to, but differs from fantasy in that, within the context of the story, its imaginary elements are largely possible within scientifically established or scientifically postulated laws of nature (though some elements in a story might still be pure imaginative speculation).

The settings for science fiction are often contrary to known reality, but most science fiction relies on a considerable degree of suspension of disbelief, which is facilitated in the reader's mind by potential scientific explanations or solutions to various fictional elements

Black Ops II sounds pretty Sci-Fi to me, based on this definition.

Aegus

This is Amazon only numbers right? Maybe people are just ordering from Amazon instead of other retailers instead this time?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'll agree that BO multiplayer was better than MW3 multiplayer, but I'm so done with the series at this point. The single player demo at E3 was as boring and by-the-numbers as FPS campaigns get, and I'm not seeing anything about multiplayer that would convince me to spring for it.

EagleBurn

Banned
I don't have an hate for CoD, I just don't play it, but do we have to hear how the latest CoD is topping the previous one every fucking year?

It's like announcing the next Madden.

faridmon

So many dumb comments. If you don't like the series, don't post here. I really hate whiny people.

Anyways, I am not fan of the series, but I can't lie by saying that I haven't enjoyed Black OPS. I really think Treyarch may exaggeration its openness, however, if its anything as fun as the first one. I might play it
My cousin is gonna buy it anyway

Cod is a very creatively bankrupt franchise,
which puts it in the exact same position as everybody else. Other bankrupt franchises are getting bigger and bigger. Marketing has gotten better. Hivemind more powerful.

In other words, if this news surprises you then you must not have been playing video games in the past 10 years.

faridmon

Cod is a very creatively bankrupt franchise,
which puts it in the exact same category as everybody else.

I have so many other games to play if I want creativity. I am not defending COD, but if people want to play it because they are comfortable with it, why complain about its creativity? Not every game need to be drastically different from its predecessors'.

smik

So many games deserve more attention but COD has reached monumental high status, COD is just to popular with young kids (10-16) that its so hard for it to ever go down. COD has been shoved down the consumers throat yet we still keep buying it, once the next gen comes they going to have to ditch the old engine and create a new experience.

ultimately its the smooth controls/gameplay mechanics is what keeps people coming back, im yet to see a game/fps implement such responsive controls to COD.

will probably skip this one, to much gimics/high tech gear for my liking.

Sales are likely getting more front-loaded. It wouldn't surprise me if total sales don't exceed Black Ops.

I kind of agree with this. I think MW3 is evident of this.

I don't expect Black Ops 2 to outsell any previous CoD title a year after release. However I do expect next gen CoD to reclaim the throne...

Sojgat

Look at it this way haters: COD will never sell out and "CODify" itself. It can never become a "shootbang, dudebro" game. It will never add an extraneous MP mode it doesn't need, and it will never try to sell you something that it won't deliver (unless it's just crap like last year). COD really is the gamers most loyal friend, it gives us "more of the same", year in, year out, and isn't that what we usually ask of any franchise we love?

Hooah!

Pollux

Look at it this way haters: COD will never sell out and "CODify" itself. It can never become a "shootbang, dudebro" game. It will never add an extraneous MP mode it doesn't need, and it will never try to sell you something that it won't deliver (unless it's just crap like last year). COD really is the gamers most loyal friend, it gives us "more of the same", year in, year out, and isn't that what we usually ask of any franchise we love?

Hooah!

Hahaha perfect.

Hooah!
what is this genius

MutFox

Banned
I'll buy this after launch on PC.
Last Black Ops had too many issues at launch.

Rather not be a beta tester... again...

Hopefully it has good word of mouth right out of the gates.

Top Bottom