• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

snap0212
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Farmboy12

I own both and ive played the same games on both over the same connection. I also have friends who experienced the same thing. Psn in my experience is without question laggier.

According to you, you don't even own a PS3. In multiple posts in different Vita Threads you complained about not being able to download some PSP games because you don't own a PS3.

However, in a PS Move Thread you complained about not liking Move because you have to recalibrate it, and in the Download Speeds Thread you said that you have to wire it to get okay speeds. Hmm.
Vinci
Danish
(05-06-2012, 02:05 PM)
Vinci's Avatar
Because online is, like, MS's thing. It's what the company understands and does well; as such, it's what it pumps the most money and effort into. MS's knowledge of online is its competitive advantage against Sony and Nintendo. Should either of the other two really surpass MS in this area, it would ultimately endanger all the time MS has spent developing Live.

Basically, Sony and Nintendo have other priorities.
Farmboy12
Junior Member
(05-06-2012, 02:05 PM)

Originally Posted by tzare

your experience is just yours, does not mean it is for eveyone. I have mine and it is just the same, and i can say so for a number of friends.

Do you own an xbox? Have you tested it? Given your post history I think not.
Speedymanic
Banned
(05-06-2012, 02:08 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

According to you, you don't even own a PS3. In multiple posts in different Vita Threads you complained about not being able to download some PSP games because you don't own a PS3.

However, in a PS Move Thread you complained about not liking Move because you have to recalibrate it, and in the Download Speeds Thread you said that you have to wire it to get okay speeds. Hmm.

Got damn. O_o

Why even bother lie about that? lol.
Farmboy12
Junior Member
(05-06-2012, 02:09 PM)

Originally Posted by snap0212

According to you, you don't even own a PS3. In multiple posts in different Vita Threads you complained about not being able to download some PSP games because you don't own a PS3.

However, in a PS Move Thread you complained about not liking Move because you have to recalibrate it, and in the Download Speeds Thread you said that you have to wire it to get okay speeds. Hmm.

This may sound crazy but it is possible to own something for a period of time and sell it. How the hell else would I be aware of those issues?
Konny
Junior Member
(05-06-2012, 02:09 PM)
Konny's Avatar
I think is better for the online game stability and download speed, your account is the center of your experience but 35€ (online price, retail is 59€ for 12months) for Gold Is very expensive, now.

i have paid XBL Goid for 3 years, 100€ is gone, from today i have an XBL Free account.
NinjaBoiX
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:15 PM)
NinjaBoiX's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

According to you, you don't even own a PS3. In multiple posts in different Vita Threads you complained about not being able to download some PSP games because you don't own a PS3.

However, in a PS Move Thread you complained about not liking Move because you have to recalibrate it, and in the Download Speeds Thread you said that you have to wire it to get okay speeds. Hmm.

I'm impressed and disturbed in equal measure at the sleuth skills on display here.
rCIZZLE
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:15 PM)
rCIZZLE's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

According to you, you don't even own a PS3. In multiple posts in different Vita Threads you complained about not being able to download some PSP games because you don't own a PS3.

However, in a PS Move Thread you complained about not liking Move because you have to recalibrate it, and in the Download Speeds Thread you said that you have to wire it to get okay speeds. Hmm.

All that in 19 posts. haha
Metalmurphy
Banned
(05-06-2012, 02:16 PM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Farmboy12

This may sound crazy but it is possible to own something for a period of time and sell it. How the hell else would I be aware of those issues?

Forum lurking obviously.
Shurs
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:21 PM)
Shurs's Avatar
Live (Gold) is definitely the superior service.

It makes sense, though, as it generates so much revenue compared to PSN.
Kazuma Kiryu
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:21 PM)
Kazuma Kiryu's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

According to you, you don't even own a PS3. In multiple posts in different Vita Threads you complained about not being able to download some PSP games because you don't own a PS3.

However, in a PS Move Thread you complained about not liking Move because you have to recalibrate it, and in the Download Speeds Thread you said that you have to wire it to get okay speeds. Hmm.

oh man, that's awesome.
Gez
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:24 PM)
Gez's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

According to you, you don't even own a PS3. In multiple posts in different Vita Threads you complained about not being able to download some PSP games because you don't own a PS3.

However, in a PS Move Thread you complained about not liking Move because you have to recalibrate it, and in the Download Speeds Thread you said that you have to wire it to get okay speeds. Hmm.

I wouldn't do this if i was you. One of these days someone will do the same thing to you and use your posts against you. Plus he could be telling the truth about owning a PS3 and selling it, then your the one who looks like an arsehole with egg on your face.

Just dont use post history against people, it could backfire on you or any other poster plus it just makes you look petty.
jet1911
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:28 PM)
jet1911's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gez

I wouldn't do this if i was you. One of these days someone will do the same thing to you and use your posts against you. Plus he could be telling the truth about owning a PS3 and selling it, then your the one who looks like an arsehole with egg on your face.

Just dont use post history against people, it could backfire on you or any other poster plus it just makes you look petty.

It also makes you look like somone who cares way too much. :p
GraveRobberX
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:33 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShinUltramanJ

I don't see why there's a need to catch up, PSN gets the job done just fine and it's free. Not everyone needs party chat and paid online filled to the brim with advertisements.

That is true, but not advancing themselves trying to reach parity with the competition will make them look weak and undesirable

While MS tries to streamline their UI, make it so fucking comfortable a 5 year old can do it, Sony tries to make it very obtuse, and adds frustration for no apparent reason

When Sony does firmware update, they come through Japan (HQ), over there they have some fascination, with Picture slideshow programs, Printer support, really forcing shit most never needed, it's there cool, but when maybe 0.000001% of your gaming population asked for it or you think it warranted it, is fucking laughable

You can tell why Sony is in disarray, there is no synergy, cohesion-ness, in almost every field they are in
It's just segregated groups in a prison, with the warden being cool with one group the whole time, not even listening to the other inmates, unless they create a ruckus and the warden goes to see what it is all about, and might listen

MS, got everyone on lock down, everything mostly flows like clockwork
All stores are updated in a timely fashion, no disparity in different regions, pricing is always matched, never skewed

If Sony wants to succeed with the PS4, they have to have a good foundation from the get go, can't be bare minimum and try to add things in again
They need to come out saying we will not charge for online, we will give you all the abilities XBL offers for Free and then some
Sony has to take the risk, even in the climate they are in, if they falter and stay medium it will not look good on them, XBL will chew away more users from them

Party/Cross Game chat are worth the $60 admission price for some, hey it's their money and what access to it, but if Sony can offer it for free, they might get some to switch
You want to chip away the market-share from your competitors, not give it away

I can't talk about Nintendo, never have owned a NIN console since the NES, all I know is friends code, and online infrastructure is bare bones
Vorg
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:43 PM)
Vorg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

This wasn't intended as a mock Sony/Nintendo's online service thread (which is what I assume some people think based on my tag), I genuinely want one or both to bring their AAA game next gen and make MS sweat so they'll either drop the price of XBL or make it more competitive/value for money. Some of MS' decisions make me hate the platform, but I'm invested in their service and it's not easy to just abandon them when the competition does such a pisspoor job of their online offerings in comparison.

Oh please. It's like that psplus thread where you argued for several pages that it was so bad for devs even though you admitted you had no idea what kind of deal sony has with them. I don't know what kind of agenda you have but your tag is completely deserved and your intentions transparent. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed.
D4Danger
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:49 PM)
D4Danger's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

They want to but they can't so they won't.

why can't Sony charge for online?

Sony would be mad to leave that money on the table. If Microsoft have shown anything it's that people are willing to pay for a good service.

I guarantee that this is the future of PSN.
Speedymanic
Banned
(05-06-2012, 02:54 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vorg

Oh please. It's like that psplus thread where you argued for several pages that it was so bad for devs even though you admitted you had no idea what kind of deal sony has with them. I don't know what kind of agenda you have but your tag is completely deserved and your intentions transparent. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed.

Nope, no agenda.

An agenda would be to completely disregard the baby steps Sony have taken to improve their service with the Vita. An agenda would be mocking the service and defending XBL at every step.

I have never done and will never do any of the above.

As for the PS+ deals, I don't believe it's viable in the long term. I suspect I'm not the only one who thinks so. Giving away more and more games every month, including brand new titles, set an terrible precedent and ultimately threatens to damage the service as people won't be as inclined to purchase games/content on a whim/etc.

So yeah, no agenda. I want Sony and Ninty to challenge MS, I wanted to know the reasons behind why they haven't managed to do so yet and what their chances of doing so will be next gen.
R_thanatos
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:58 PM)
R_thanatos's Avatar

Originally Posted by IcyRhythms

The download speeds on PSN are horrible to say the least. The patching of games and firmware updates for PS3 can put one to sleep. Why do they take so long? The installation of those things along with games is some of the worst I've seen. I see they haven't learned much because it works exactly the same on Vita.(I'm sure some will say it's to save battery life)

Not only does it take forever to download the patches, firmware updates, and games, but the installation process is sometimes just as long if not longer is some cases. With XBL, the patching is quick and easy. Same with the games. XBL also installs the patches, dashboard updates, and games for you as they download.

Download speed depends on your connexion ..
even with big patches , the download speed always use all my 20mb bandwitch when i download ..
Installing is a console problem not the service ... PS3 game have mandatory installations , this is the same thing , and is not a factor of whevener a service is better than the rest.

The installtion being longer than the download is a lie. ( yes you've been lied to ) if you've seen that then just tell the owner of the console to get ready to send his console to repair or to change his harddrive as it will break.. i have never seen a patch installation take more than 20 secs

As for firmware update , sony has listened too and now they can make partial system update that are uber small , you're no longer required to download the old big package each time.

Over the years the XBL compatitor improved their device and services and the old "it takes too long" is a rant that is now outdated.
GraveRobberX
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:59 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vorg

Oh please. It's like that psplus thread where you argued for several pages that it was so bad for devs even though you admitted you had no idea what kind of deal sony has with them. I don't know what kind of agenda you have but your tag is completely deserved and your intentions transparent. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed.

Oh yeah this thread:

PS+ May Deals ("another awesome month")

The posts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...2&postcount=47

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

They can't say free because the games aren't free. You're essentially renting them from Sony.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=55

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

It's a massive rip for the developers but a steal for consumers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...4&postcount=70

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

I doubt it. Look at Shank 2, they must have lost a lot of sales, same with Trine 2 and now Awesomeanauts is getting the 100% discount treatment. Can't see Sony reimbursing them a ton of money or anywhere near the money they lose through potential sales.

Big mistake by Sony to put brand new titles up as 100%. They have a decent back catalogue on SEN, use the 100% discount to promote older games or titles that have sequels coming up and give discounts to newer titles. If these promotions start to eat into sales on SEN, developers simply won't bother releasing titles come next gen.

And the best on eof them all, which edited by Mr. Freelance:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=121

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

I'll take your word for it on Spotify, but Netlfix varies in most cases as movies aren't available as soon as they are available on BR/DVD.

What's the latest movie available on the service that was just released on BR? Is The Thing 2011 available for example.

And that's perfectly fine, but the opposite if also true. The service will result in people buying fewer games intentionally in the hopes/expectation of games being available for 'free' or heavily discounted.

What if their game doesn't have DLC or what if they purposefully go out of their way to make certain content DLC as many retail games have done so?

Don't get me wrong, the idea behind the service is a good one and it's one MS should take notes from, but having brand new titles for 'free' is damaging to devs and the service in my opinion.

By all means discount new titles by 20%, but don't offer them at a 100% discount. It's damaging to the service, to developers and to consumers.

Speedymanic
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:05 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar
Isn't it damaging to consumers? Explain to me how it isn't.

By giving away something like Awesomenauts for free, you set a terrible precedent for consumers that brand new games should be free if you pay a subscription. It damages expectations and spending habits, which ultimately means that less developers might be inclined to release content on that platform if the majority pay for PS+ but don't buy any content.

Less money being spent = less motivations for devs to work on and release content for said platform. happens all the time, if Sony continue to make PS+ so 'value for money' that it starts to negavitely impact people's spending habits on the service, the same will happen to PSN and that's something I don't want to see happen.
Derrick01
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:09 PM)
Derrick01's Avatar
I'm pretty sure me getting 1 free game a month isn't going to stop me from buying new stuff that comes out. This isn't ios where everything is free or $1. It's 1 or 2 games a month, most of the time older games.
JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.
(05-06-2012, 03:10 PM)

Originally Posted by R_thanatos

Download speed depends on your connexion ..
even with big patches , the download speed always use all my 20mb bandwitch when i download ..
Installing is a console problem not the service ... PS3 game have mandatory installations , this is the same thing , and is not a factor of whevener a service is better than the rest.

The installtion being longer than the download is a lie. ( yes you've been lied to ) if you've seen that then just tell the owner of the console to get ready to send his console to repair or to change his harddrive as it will break.. i have never seen a patch installation take more than 20 secs

As for firmware update , sony has listened too and now they can make partial system update that are uber small , you're no longer required to download the old big package each time.

Over the years the XBL compatitor improved their device and services and the old "it takes too long" is a rant that is now outdated.

It's really not. Patching, updating and downloading demos or videos is so much easier and so much faster on XBL. It doesnt appear to be connection-dependent since I'm using the same connection for both services and XBL beats PSN handily.
GraveRobberX
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:14 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

Isn't it damaging to consumers? Explain to me how it isn't.

By giving away something like Awesomenauts for free, you set a terrible precedent for consumers that brand new games should be free if you pay a subscription. It damages expectations and spending habits, which ultimately means that less developers might be inclined to release content on that platform if the majority pay for PS+ but don't buy any content.

Less money being spent = less motivations for devs to work on and release content for said platform. happens all the time, if Sony continue to make PS+ so 'value for money' that it starts to negavitely impact people's spending habits on the service, the same will happen to PSN and that's something I don't want to see happen.

Originally Posted by JB1981

It's really not. Patching, updating and downloading demos or videos is so much easier and so much faster on XBL. It doesnt appear to be connection-dependent since I'm using the same connection for both services and XBL beats PSN handily.

When I had a Xbox 360, shit was lightning fast on my old 35Mb/35Mb connection, SEN not so much, slow as fuck on everything
I'm now on 150Mb/50Mb connection and my PS3 is wired, every time I do the connection test through the PS3, I get 1/5th of my speeds, yet I do them on my laptop, it's over 110%

There's something called DLC, maybe the game is a resounding hit, the next one might get picked up

Do you not realize there is potential in PSN+

How is it damaging to the consumer?, I gave them $50 upfront, I have no clue what the next 12 months will offer me, sometimes you get hit with the Jackpot like these last 2 months, or have you forgotten the early years when we got paltry shit and most weren't going to re-sub after the first year

God forbid the consumers comes out head, heaven forbid Sony cuts deals with developers/publishers, Oh the HORROR!
I'm a smart consumer, I don't go willy nilly and by shit every week on PSN/XBL

Awesomenauts, the publisher is in deep shit, Sony must have done a deal as a saving grace measure, they paid them something that allowed the publisher to go, yeah you can give it away free
I would have never bought it for $10, cause I didn't really pay attention to all PSN games, there's too many
Guess what?, Awesomenauts DLC, those 2 characters and other shit they will release, now will get bought DAY 1
I fucking enjoy it so much, sometime enticing people to play for free, get you rewarded handsomely in the end

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE MMO Landscape change right before your eyes
F2P really brings something new to the table, you get content FREE!, if the gamer enjoys it, subliminally they will reward you with money, be it tokens, gear, skin, whatever the fuck they be selling
Last edited by GraveRobberX; 05-06-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Esura
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:15 PM)
Nope, XBL is not superior to PSN at all.
snap0212
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:15 PM)

Originally Posted by jet1911

It also makes you look like somone who cares way too much. :p

I spend my Sunday afternoon in front of my PC, reading a message board about video games and am arguing with people over the quality of a free service. Damn right; I care too much. :p

Sure, it's not the finest move to do that, I agree. I'll do something for my Karma in the Free to a good home-Thread.

Originally Posted by JB1981

or videos is so much easier and so much faster on XBL.

Man, but the Zune video player is still horrible.
Speedymanic
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:16 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I'm pretty sure me getting 1 free game a month isn't going to stop me from buying new stuff that comes out. This isn't ios where everything is free or $1. It's 1 or 2 games a month, most of the time older games.

That's the thing, before it used to be older titles and it was cool, but they've recently started to give more newer titles and it's worrying.

The coming months will be very important. PS+ is a great idea and one that MS would be fools not to take some tips from, but giving away brand new titles is a terrible idea for the long term viability of the service and the platform.

I'm amazed anyone can argue it isn't, especially if it were to become the norm and not the exception.
Speedymanic
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:19 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by GraveRobberX

There's something called DLC, maybe the game is a resounding hit, the next one might get picked up

Do you not realize there is potential in PSN+

How is it damaging to the consumer?, I gave them $50 upfront, I have no clue what the next 12 months will offer me, sometimes you get hit with the Jackpot like these last 2 months, or have you forgotten the early years when we got paltry shit and most weren't going to re-sub after the first year

God forbid the consumers comes out head, heaven forbid Sony cuts deals with developers/publishers, Oh the HORROR!
I'm a smart consumer, I don't go willy nilly and by shit every week on PSN/XBL

Awesomenauts, the publisher is in deep shit, Sony must have done a deal as a saving grace measure, they paid them something that allowed the publisher to go, yeah you can give it away free
I would have never bought it for $10, cause I didn't really pay attention to all PSN games, there's too many
Guess what?, Awesomenauts DLC, those 2 characters and other shit they will release, now will get bought DAY 1
I fucking enjoy it so much, sometime enticing people to play for free, get you rewarded handsomely in the end

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE MMO Landscape change right before your eyes
F2P really brings something new to the table, you get content FREE!, if the gamer enjoys it, subliminally they will reward you with money, be it tokens, gear, skin, whatever the fuck they be selling

Bad comparison. Not all games can offer DLC. Where would a game like Shank 2 fit in DLC that will appear to the majority who got it for free? I've yet to play Awesomeanauts, so I can't comment on the option to offer DLC.

You're coming ahead in the short term, but you'll lose a lot in the long term f Sony continue down this path. It amazes me how some people can't see this.
HocusPocus
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:23 PM)
HocusPocus's Avatar
Cause it is developed by someone that knows about software and services. That's why it's better for consoles. I can't believe that in this generation we still have folks that think the other services are comparable out of some sense of loyalty to a brand. This generation has been clearly defined - Xbox for online / 3rd Party Graphics, Wii for motion controls / familiar mascot franchises, and PS3 for Blu-Ray / 1st Party Graphics. Next gen maybe Sony actually pulls it off and beat the shit out of Xbox in every category (including online). Let's wait and see, but I seriously doubt they will. I am not talking about the PC, but to be honest I haven't really done much social gaming on the PC outside of Blizzard titles to comment. There may be something out there that blows away Xbox Live on the PC for all I know.
coldfoot
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

Why? Am I wrong?

I Sony's online offering even close to being as good as MS' offering? The answer is a resounding no.

While you have some good points, there are a few that I disagree with

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

their download list is completely fucked

What does that mean? I have over 600 things in my DL and I don't see how it is "completely fucked." It's not any different than my iTunes DL.

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

the search engine isn't as refined as MS' and the less said about layout the better.

Never used the search engine, but there's nothing wrong with the layout in the US PSN. You have nice bookmarks for PS+ content, new content, newest demos, titles by alphabetical order, etc.
GraveRobberX
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:23 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

That's the thing, before it used to be older titles and it was cool, but they've recently started to give more newer titles and it's worrying.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

I certainly don't
Most gamers who have PSN+ don't
Those who don't have PSN+ are now looking that direction and going Hmm... let's give it a spin
Only ones who are butt-hurt must be the competition, cause they don't get a feature like this on their platform

Do you really fucking think Developers are getting Duped by Sony, and Sony going Yes you, Yeah your game, it has been chosen, PSN+ free... "DEAL WITH IT"

They take all the money they got from their consumers, pool it, take their profit shar, whatever it is, and then go on a shopping spree with the rest to bring us PSN+ users 12 months worth of content
You know the same shit Xbox 360 does with it's Live money
Do you really think those 1 month COD Map Pack releases, demo/beta exclusives are just given away free?, NO, MS has to go buy them and try to keep it's consumers happy, and also hit the competition where it hurts financially
R_thanatos
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:25 PM)
R_thanatos's Avatar

Originally Posted by JB1981

It's really not. Patching, updating and downloading demos or videos is so much easier and so much faster on XBL. It doesnt appear to be connection-dependent since I'm using the same connection for both services and XBL beats PSN handily.

Patching being faster is untrue FOR the simple fact that it varies from where you live.

However it's not true that it is easier easier for what ?in both cases you put your disc in the console , get the patch and run the game afterwards ..Easier in what sense ?? do you think i have to make input on my controller ? do you think i have to place each file in the right folder like in the old days of windows 2.0 ? The only difference is that on PS3 , if you refuse the patch , you get disconnected from PSN ( but the game still plays )

And video doesn't change this situation one bit .. it's easier in what sense ? And best the difference is a prompt ..That's the thing you offer as an argument ?
tzare
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:25 PM)
tzare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Farmboy12

Do you own an xbox? Have you tested it? Given your post history I think not.

Yes.Yes. Given other's post history we can easy say the same. You can check my gamertag and psn achievements/trophies following my public gaf profile.

More features than XBL? Care to expand on this, as I can only think of Near and beacons on XBL is pretty much the same thing, but nowhere near as well done or as detailed.

Vita is a baby step in the right direction, but it's still too fractured/lacks the unified/connected feel that MS have nailed with XBL.

Ilog into XBL and I feel part of a community, one button press and I can see what my friends are playing, when I play a certain game, I'm told if someone is also playing, Ican message anyone, even if I'm gaming/watching a film/whatever. PSN doesn't offer any of that, there's a disconnect, there's no sense of community. Maybe because Sony invested HOME to provide it? I don't know, but that's what they need to work on next gen.

It is free, for starters, so it allows to play straight away. That is a major feature. There's near, there's psn+, and i can see also what my friends are playing, both ps3 and vita, msg them, if playing or watching videos too, you have game invites like in live on vita. Maybe you should explain what is so much ahead in xbl compared to psn right now.
Last edited by tzare; 05-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Speedymanic
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:27 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by coldfoot

What does that mean? I have over 600 things in my DL and I don't see how it is "completely fucked." It's not any different than my iTunes DL.

Content loops for me. For example, I bought Wipeout HD when I bought my PS3, it shows up in my download list three times when I'm scrolling through. The list doesn't always sort to last bought, it often becomes borked and starts to repeat the same content, in some extreme cases, it doesn't even show all the content you've bought.

Never used the search engine, but there's nothing wrong with the layout in the US PSN. You have nice bookmarks for PS+ content, new content, newest demos, titles by alphabetical order, etc.

When searching for older content, putting something god of war into the search bar results in a 50+ search result full of crap like trailers, etc. It's not nearly as refined as other services.
Last edited by Speedymanic; 05-06-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Speedymanic
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:30 PM)
Speedymanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by GraveRobberX

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

I certainly don't
Most gamers who have PSN+ don't
Those who don't have PSN+ are now looking that direction and going Hmm... let's give it a spin
Only ones who are butt-hurt must be the competition, cause they don't get a feature like this on their platform

Do you really fucking think Developers are getting Duped by Sony, and Sony going Yes you, Yeah your game, it has been chosen, PSN+ free... "DEAL WITH IT"

They take all the money they got from their consumers, pool it, take their profit shar, whatever it is, and then go on a shopping spree with the rest to bring us PSN+ users 12 months worth of content
You know the same shit Xbox 360 does with it's Live money
Do you really think those 1 month COD Map Pack releases, demo/beta exclusives are just given away free?, NO, MS has to go buy them and try to keep it's consumers happy, and also hit the competition where it hurts financially

I care, because I'd hate to see PSN lose developer support in the long term.

You seem to know a lot about how PS+ works, what exactly is the percentage that developers get for giving their games away for 'free'?

It can't come close to the potential profit that could be made if the game wasn't free, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.
GraveRobberX
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:33 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

Bad comparison. Not all games can offer DLC. Where would a game like Shank 2 fit in DLC that will appear to the majority who got it for free? I've yet to play Awesomeanauts, so I can't comment on the option to offer DLC.

You're coming ahead in the short term, but you'll lose a lot in the long term f Sony continue down this path. It amazes me how some people can't see this.

Your Tag fits you very well

How am I losing in the long term?

I have a sub of PSN+ till 6/2013, and when the anniversary rolls around for year 2, I'll re-sub up again, gain an additional 3 months on top of my sub, which means my sub won't run out till 9/2014

Also most of the time PSN+ makes you by more shit, shocking to you, but the discounts have been fan-fucking-tastic
I recouped at least back all money I spent on PSN+ just through discounts
I have close to 1000 items in my DL history, I say 75% is stuff I bought
Most of the shit I have bought is due to PSN+
I was not going to pay $20 for Crysis, PSN+ made it $10, Bam money spent
I was thinking about buying Rayman Origins, it's gonna be $15 at the end of the month... guess what I am buying?
I bought The Undegarden + Hamilton's Great Adventure, due to me being in the PSN+ area, and saw deals, and grabbed those 2 games, $2.99 each
Same with Stardrone, hell I double dipped and bought the Extreme version for the VITA, was cool getting 2 games, for $8 total, and allow for cross play
Rebel Leader
THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
(05-06-2012, 03:36 PM)
Rebel Leader's Avatar
Not this shit again.

I have had both. I did like XBL but after getting a PS3 I felt no need to continue paying for live.
R_thanatos
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:38 PM)
R_thanatos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

That's the thing, before it used to be older titles and it was cool, but they've recently started to give more newer titles and it's worrying.

Explain to me how EA cares that they give NFS shift 2 for free when they will shut down the servers in a not so long future , that it will bring potential dlc buys and that sony probably won't charge them for those downloads and it will increase their potential buyers for the next one ?

Meanwhile people get a free game that is not a dud and everyone wins ..
yeah , sony gree good publicity for PSN+ , EA get potential increased sales and more potential customers and consummers get their AA profile game they were promised ..

You're right PSN+ is such a bad deal...
magawolaz
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:41 PM)
magawolaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phoenician_Viking

Sony needs to remove PSN from SCEJ´s control and put it in under the much more competent SCEE.

This.

Not gonna happen, though :(

Originally Posted by Robot Pants

They will.

I hope not. Hell, Vita has CGC for free and has pretty much everything Live have (feature-wise), I don't see why Sony sholuld charge for PSN on PS4 (aside from PS Plus service)
Metalmurphy
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:41 PM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar
Yeah there's absolutely no way developers would agree to give their games for free on PSN+ unless there was something in it for them, and they won't agree to it out of kindness...

All this "Oh no... free games. I'm so worried!" thinking really makes absolutely no sense.
GraveRobberX
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:44 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

I care, because I'd hate to see PSN lose developer support in the long term.

You seem to know a lot about how PS+ works, what exactly is the percentage that developers get for giving their games away for 'free'?

It can't come close to the potential profit that could be made if the game wasn't free, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Who are they losing?, tell me, show me proof that devs are abandoning ship from PSN/SEN due to PSN+ killing their games or cutting them out of their profits
Every week XBL/SEN have close to the same line-ups

The only thing I know about PSN+ as a consumer, is it's doing it's job, it keeps me hooked
I don't care for developers/publishers and how they feel, nor should you
I have no clue why you are so fascinated about a party in the scheme of things you have no reason to worry about

SEN must be doing something right, that we are getting new games as free, hell fucking EA gave us Shank 2 & NFSU2 FREE < E FUCKING A
You know Shank 2 will have DLC, it's coming
NFSU, you get the basic game, have you seen the DLC for it, you know some gamers might get enticed and buy it on a whim
(2 DLC Packs, $9.99 Each)

Listen you should stop worrying what Sony's business plans are and the future outlook for what it is doing
You should worry about what June's content is going to be first, free
What the discounts are
What advantages you can come to expect from it
That is all

No one should be going ZOMG! Sony those Monsters, giving away something Free 100% discount, how could they, 20% I understand, but 100%, GODDAMIT Sony, why won't you take my money... Give me a fucking break
snap0212
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

It can't come close to the potential profit that could be made if the game wasn't free, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

I don't know anything about the details but considering the support PS+ gets from various publishers, I'll just assume that you're wrong about this one.

Sony doesn't and can't force publishers into making their stuff available on PS+. I would assume that there's not that one contract for PS+ stuff but that Sony makes different deals with different people. For example; THQ might not have gotten anything for making Stacking available for free but Sony may have said 'You know, when you do sales on Red Faction and/or release the whole game on PSN, you'll not have to give us our 30% cut for one month' or something like that. I could imagine that. All just speculation, of course.
dreamer3kx
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:45 PM)
dreamer3kx's Avatar
Both can play games online, no need to get into technicalities, I play both online with no problems, both are equal, have gold and psn + (which is great by the way)
Bumblebeetuna
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:47 PM)
Bumblebeetuna's Avatar
It's much faster and has better features. Online play seems much smoother on it too with better support on multiplatform titles.

But it took them all of last gen to build it up, and they are a software company. Can't expect Sony to match it in one generation and Nintendo doesn't seem to care to try.
Vorg
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:48 PM)
Vorg's Avatar
Since no one here knows what the deal is between sony and the developers, we can only discuss psplus from a consumer standpoint. Anything else is speculation.
bangai-o
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:48 PM)
bangai-o's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rebel Leader

Not this shit again.

I have had both. I did like XBL but after getting a PS3 I felt no need to continue paying for live.

you sure about that? dont make me go into your post history.
Combichristoffersen
Combovers don't work when there is no hair
(05-06-2012, 03:50 PM)
Combichristoffersen's Avatar
Giving away stuff for free reeks of godless, freedom-hating communism. Paying for stuff is always the best option since that supports capitalism and democracy and good moral values. Vote with your wallet, vote against the communists at Sony who want to undermine the freedom and democracy of the West.
Elvin Atombender
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:50 PM)
Elvin Atombender's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

It can't come close to the potential profit that could be made if the game wasn't free, but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Why would they agree to "give" their game away if they lost money by doing it? Isn't it more likely that they think they can earn more by "giving" it away on PS+?
GraveRobberX
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:50 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by snap0212

I don't know anything about the details but considering the support PS+ gets from various publishers, I'll just assume that you're wrong about this one.

Sony doesn't and can't force publishers into making their stuff available on PS+. I would assume that there's not that one contract for PS+ stuff but that Sony makes different deals with different people. For example; THQ might not have gotten anything for making Stacking available for free but Sony may have said 'You know, when you do sales on Red Faction and/or release the whole game on PSN, you'll not have to give us our 30% cut for one month' or something like that. I could imagine that. All just speculation, of course.

Why would a company blurt out any info regarding this
They are a goddamn business, they have their ways of making deals, no need to let the competition in on your stuff
We have no clue the inner workings, nor does Mr. Freelance, he's just speculating for speculation, trying his best going "Oh hey guys I have PSN+, but don't you see it hurting us, devs, and Sony themselves from baseless accusations"
Killing_Joke
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:51 PM)
Killing_Joke's Avatar
In terms of features, What exactly is PSN missing? Party chat is probably the only major one. Besides that PSN does every thing XBL does, only XBL does it better in some areas (updates, games invites, DL speeds, Achievements).

So technically since XBL does have one major feature and does a lot of the little things better then PSN, yes it's better. BUT is it worth $60? Hell fucking no. And that's where XBL flops. I can pick up and play an online game on the PS3 just as easy as XBL. So what is the true reason to pay $60? Youtube? Netflix? All free on PS3.

If Sony puts in the same effort in the PS4 like they did the Vita, XBL will no longer be the top dog.
corporate cheerleader
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:53 PM)
corporate cheerleader's Avatar

Originally Posted by Combichristoffersen

Giving away stuff for free reeks of godless, freedom-hating communism. Paying for stuff is always the best option since that supports capitalism and democracy and good moral values. Vote with your wallet, vote against the communists at Sony who want to undermine the freedom and democracy of the West.

<3 Would be better with that silly Donald Duck avatar, but <3 nonetheless.

Thread Tools