• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Gorgeous looking trailer. Looking forward to seeing gameplay. I hope this makes it out this year. Q1 2013 is already stacked and I wouldn't want a new IP like this to get lost in the shuffle.

jvalioli

If nothing else, don't ever make this accusation. I have played the games, and I even enjoyed them. Of all the cinematic games I've played this gen, which for me includes the Halo games, the Gears games, the CoD games, the Dead Space games, the Uncharted series has been the best. I guess I entered the wrong thread for posting a negative (or slightly less than ecstatic) opinion of Naughty Dog's achievements.

Almost every video game is repetitive as shit. The job of the game designer is to try to keep people from noticing. Pretty accurate observation of games that I think comes from Jeff Gerstmann. So you're right, this game will be shoot some shit, drive some shit, see a cutscene, but so is every other game in existence now.

Bloodrage

Banned
Ellie...MMM...
Ele59.jpg

Oh and the trailer was awesome too.
08Gcc.jpg

If nothing else, don't ever make this accusation. I have played the games, and I even enjoyed them. Of all the cinematic games I've played this gen, which for me includes the Halo games, the Gears games, the CoD games, the Dead Space games, the Uncharted series has been the best. I guess I entered the wrong thread for posting a negative (or slightly less than ecstatic) opinion of Naughty Dog's achievements.

Do you realize that every game made thus far follows the same pattern you've described to knock the Uncharted games? It's called a videogame.

Grisby

Ellie looks a little more like Ashley Johnson, aka her voice actor.

9826.jpg
Oh wow, did not know she was the girl. I recently saw What Women Want again the other day. Also, according to IMDB she's been pretty heavily into voicing cartoons like Teen Titans, etc.

Man that looks awesome. I like redesigned Ellie, she looks a bit more childlike.

Wanna see some gameplay but thus far it seems like ND is on track to making yet another awesome game.

Since we're making guesses at the gameplay, I'll throw in some predictions:

Huge recoil
Little ammo
Risky but effective and often necessary melee
Guns being knocked out of hands
Guns jamming
Reloading being a risk
Slow aiming speed
Ico-style 'stay close to your partner if you want them to stay safe'
RE4-style weak-points (knees/weapons etc)

Really looking forward to it. Uncharted 3, good as it was, was something of a disappointment for me, time to see if Naughty Dog have enough magic to spread over 2 studios

gdt

I said got damn!

Can't wait for this game. I bow to you Naughty Dog.

No way this game makes this year.

So glad Naughty Dog learned their lesson with Uncharted and arent spoiling the entire game before release, at least so far. This is the perfect amount of teasing, hopefully a short gameplay trailer or two and we are set til release.

Keep it up ND.

you want you to be spoiled silly?

LOL

Sorry... still high off of awesomeness

Thanks for bring me back to reality
{Goes into media blackout... until the next trailer}

So glad Naughty Dog learned their lesson with Uncharted and arent spoiling the entire game before release, at least so far. This is the perfect amount of teasing, hopefully a short gameplay trailer or two and we are set til release.

Keep it up ND.

I feel like I cant go into a true media blackout until I see how this game plays.
I mean I'm getting it anyway, but I'm just too damn curious to wait until the game is in my PS3

I think if they showed me just a few seconds of gameplay in that teaser I'd be good and I can go hide in a cave somewhere while waiting for gamestop to send me the release date thru carrier pigeon

How can anyone say this game looks incredible? You haven't seen the game yet!

It's like watching the amazing cgi trailers for The Old Republic and declaring it a great game.

Aaron

Kind of sick of games where all the cool stuff is in non-playable cut-scenes. Most of that should have been playable. There's no reason not to.

gadwn

Realtime, in-engine yes, probably prerecorded with added effects just like Uncharted.

Can't really compare that to the god damn boring cgi trailers to The Old Republic imo.

Really, really, really hope the gameplay is totally different from the Uncharted series. I would prefer the implementation of some survival/horror mechanics; rationing ammunition, avoiding conflicts, being totally outnumbered. But please not another pew pew pew game. Not that I have anything against traditional TPS's, I just think this game could be so much more than that.

Top Bottom