• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The HaloGAF Montage: Reach Edition

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Subscribed. Love Halo Reach, my fav in the series so am dead keen to check this vid when I get home. _b

Tunavi

Banned
8huBSm.png
BK7DNm.png
28xLXm.png

Losing my shit hahahaha

robot

That was pretty awesome - makes me want to fire up Reach again. The guy at the 10 minute mark that goes on a stabbing spree, I said god damn.

RooMHM

I like the fact that you showed most of the stuff in 1st person and the HUD was nice looking and easy to read. I didn't like the music choice, I didn't see much synchronisation between the music and the action. Also, I didn't like the music itself at all (I know it's Halo music, but to me it just doesn't fit for frag highlight).
I'm not a halo player and I can't aim for shit with a gamepad (and even a mouse some would say). I don't want to sound like a jerk but coming from oldschool FPS like Half-life or Quake I can't say I was impressed by the skills shown in this video. I have played Halo once or twice (for the first three eps) and that's about it. I'm just not seeing what requires some particular skills, what is hard to do, what is smart to do as a player, etc... I know the video is for fun and some parts were kinda funny (especially when someone kills all the stupid sniper players) but I found myself quite disapointed, I thought it was pretty underwhelming and boring and I refuse to believe that it was because HaloGAF isn't good at Halo.
I wonder if it's possible to make frag vids that are spectacular and impressive with halo seriously. Nothing in the game looks impressive considering the aim assist and the fact that grenade spamming is pretty much encouraged. Do you have vids that you find impressive that you could recommend?

Just my thought, nice video.

What's the pixel count on this? Will I be able to enjoy the montage even if Reach isn't full 720p?
I'm sure you hope halo 4 is less than 720p because it could be bad no?

Amazing tage Duncan, thanks for putting in the work. You made Reach look great! And no over abundance of Asylum clips as promised!

I don't want to sound like a jerk but coming from oldschool FPS like Half-life or Quake I can't say I was impressed by the skills shown in this video.
Indeed. This part was particularly embarassing and made my oldschool-FPS skills cringe.
I'm sure you hope halo 4 is less than 720p because it could be bad no?
Yeah. If Halo 4 is bad I hope it's not 720p. But if it's good it has to meet the Arbitrary Pixel Threshold™.

Kibbles

Loved it! I could sit here and try and point out a particular clip, but there was just a lot of great and lol-worthy clips.

Retro

I rode Iron Dragon for you.

No homo.

Haha. Seriously though, two on one and you were backing down an incline, but kept your cool and faced them down.

Now tell me how awesome my clip was with the two pre-tenderized targets and a lucky grenade.

789shadow

Banned
Haha. Seriously though, two on one and you were backing down an incline, but kept your cool and faced them down.

Now tell me how awesome my clip was with the two pre-tenderized targets and a lucky grenade.
Actually I was panicking and thinking, "Maybe I can kill at least one with bodyshots."

DOUBLE KILL

WHAT.

Also, I don't remember where your part is. lol

Retro

Actually I was panicking and thinking, "Maybe I can kill at least one with bodyshots."

DOUBLE KILL

WHAT.

Also, I don't remember where your part is. lol

Better lucky than good, right? Mine was like 2:30 in, right after the.. um... Voltron kill.

Top Bottom