• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Announces E3 Line-Up

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sega has released a list of what they're showing at E3.

Sega said:
Wednesday May 30, 2012
#SegaE3 SEGA is Ready to Rock E3 2012!

E3 is less than a few weeks away ( #SegaE3 ), and we’re excited to announce our roster of titles to be shown and other fun stuff happening at the show!

We’ll be posting lots of blogs, Facebook updates, and tweets during the show. We want to hear what you think, so please use the hashtag #SegaE3 for tweets about all of our E3 activity, including our games and our booth.
What We’re Showing at E3

The list of titles in display at SEGA’s E3 booth (South Exhibit Hall, Booth 2023) includes:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and PC Digital Download. Launch Date – Late 2012.

6978675876_727875e025.jpg

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC. Launch Date – February 12, 2013 (Wii U Launch Date – 2013)

5786849678_15f1b82909.jpg

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz

PlayStation Vita. Launch Date – October 23, 2012

6131760192_fc03dae864.jpg

The Cave

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC. Launch Date – Early 2013

7262322174_d57b3d9a4f.jpg

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, PC Digital Download. Launch Date – Summer 2012

6795508094_c69a4e33d6.jpg

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network. Launch Date – June 5th & 6th, 2012

6070698505_2a3d35609b.jpg

Jet Set Radio

Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, PC Digital Download, PlayStation Vita. Launch Date – Summer 2012.

6790144034_aa5573994e.jpg
Source: http://blogs.sega.com/2012/05/30/segae3-sega-is-ready-to-rock-e3-2012/

Glass Rebel

Decent for SEGA standa- JET SET RADIO!!!!

Edit: Feels weird to know that I plan to buy more than half of SEGA's E3 line-up.

Croc

Banned
I never thought I'd see the day where I was more interested in Sega's E3 line-up than Square Enix's.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This is a pathetic list, to be honest. Part of me wants to think they've got a few titles to announce but the sane part thinks they probably canned most of it during the reshuffle.

Let's all get depressed together and remember what Sega showed 10 years ago at E3 2002. It's just incomparable.

Sega of America's E3 2002 Lineup

F355 Challenge (PS2)
Gungrave (PS2)
SEGA Bass Fishing Duel (PS2)
Shinobi (PS2)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II¿iGCN¿j
Beach Spikers (GCN)
SEGA GT 2002 (Xbox)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox)
Crazy Taxi 3 High Roller (Xbox)
House of the Dead III (Xbox)
ToeJam & Earl III: All Funked Up (Xbox)
SEGA Sports Tennis (PS2)
SEGA Sports NFL 2K3 (PS2, Xbox, GCN)
SEGA Sports NBA 2K3 (PS2, Xbox, GCN)
SEGA Sports NHL 2K3 (PS2, Xbox, GCN)
SEGA Sports NCAA College Football 2K3 (PS2, Xbox, GCN)
SEGA Sports World Series Baseball (Xbox)

No Anarchy Reigns or Phantasy Star Online 2? Only thing I'm interested in is Jet Set Radio but I already know about that...

Only thing that they can get me with is Kiryu in Sonic & All-Stars Racing.

Saty

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC. Launch Date – February 12, 2013 (Wii U Launch Date – 2013)
So it isn't a Wii U launch title? And might release after the other versions?

Yeah, but many are still waiting for some sort of official wider release.
Granted, it's almost a given...but leave it to Sega to leave that bug gnawing at the back of our minds of the possibility of a tardy localization.
That's understandable. I was referring to the media coverage and beta stuff, though.

Yakuza 5 and PSO2 are a ways off, but the lack of Anarchy really shows just how much SEGA cares for Platinum and the game itself.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Remember people: Sega of America no longer plans on releasing retail titles that aren't Sonic, Aliens, Total War or Football Manager. Sonic is the only thing thats probably getting localized and released from here on out.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
the only games i will buy on that list is Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown and jet set radio
Sega you better bring Anarchy Reigns to NA and EU

No Valkyria 4 huh...how surprising. :(
A man can dream, a man can dream.

I want it. Now. On WiiU or something, I dunno.

Yeah: the old trip-/doub-A SEGA is gone, at least for now. They'll be doing a lot more digital releases and remasters, though, so at least they won't be in the red at retail.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: Sold.
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz: Sold.
The Cave: Sold.
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit: Sold.
Jet Set Radio: Sold.

Just give me the dates, Sega.

Koralsky

I remember the days when SEGA was one of the major E3 players.

Right now is just woefully. They didn't announce anything new the last three or four E3's in a row.

At least their digital offerings are good and personally I'm interested in the two retail releases.

I miss AR and PSO2.

Boerseun

Banned
If I'm reading that quote correctly, then this isn't a complete list of what they'll be showing. To the point, I'm expecting Sega to come out with strong support for Wii U. We should see a new Nintendo-exclusive Sonic, maybe a Conduit 3 tease if we're lucky. (Conduit 2 must be the most underrated on-line shooter this gen. Great levels, graphics, controls; everything but voice acting is a huge improvement over the first one.)

BD1

Banned
They wouldn't be so stupid to not put Sonic Racing on Wii and Wii U, would they?

Will a stand alone Sonic title be announced at E3, I wonder? Surely there will be a Wii U title eventually. What was the rumored game called? Dimensions, I think.

stalker

So The Cave is retail? I assumed it was DD

The list is short and includes several rehashes (or similar), but on the other hand is solid. This is the Sega I like ... nothing mindblowing but lots of solid games.

Top Bottom