• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EA-Conf] Dead Space 3 co-op gameplay and trailer [Use new footage thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Edit 2: a comment from the dev, important

First: "Drop-In Drop Out" Co-Op:

We're doing this differently than its ever been done before, to my knowledge, so it's easy to understand why there'd be confusion.

What it usually means is that when your friend isn't playing, the other character is taken over by a dumb AI that gets in your way all the time or you have to babysit or doesn't revive you when he's supposed to.

In DS3 HE'S JUST NOT THERE. It's just like the classic DS you know and love. There's no banter. This has been extremely tricky (and expensive!) to figure out, but we didn't want to mess up a good thing. Cutscenes and gameplay are different depending if you're playing co-op or not.

We did this because a lot of people said "I think I'd love your game, but it's too intense for me, man!" Instead of making the game less intense, we added this. Think of it like going to a horror movie with your friends instead of alone.
Cover System:

This isn't a cover shooter. There is no "take cover" button or stuff like that. We do, however have some cool new enemies that can shoot at you. And that left Isaac feeling a little awkward to deal with it, so we added a few new additions to the controls. Crouches and rolls, mostly. The game knows if you're crouched behind something and does some elegant little adjustments to make the presentation smooth. That's about it. You probably wouldn't even notice.

The heart of the game is still strategic dismemberment vs. Necromorphic beasties. We just gave some of them some surprises is all.
Universal Ammo I can't go into too much detail about, since what we have planned for the weapons is something we'll be talking about later. But it's a big change for the future that I think is really cool, and the ammo thing works in concert with it.

Edit:

51RfxZjruLL._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

19837_screenshot_03.jpg

MoaWE.jpg

uiQgy.jpg

EOe7p.jpg

HPj2u.jpg

NY2kH.jpg

----------------

fuck this shit.

it's all I can say.

It LOOKED fantastic but it's not Dead Space. RIP

It looked fantastic. Isaac's back, Ellie's back, more action-horror. Isaac got eaten and is in the stomach of some fucking big thing. It's awesome.

I'll be playing SP, so I'm interested in seeing how things will change up between Co-op and SP.

Derrick01

Banned
No, it was pretty far above RE6. There at least looks to be some atmosphere left in Dead Space 3. There's nothing of the sort in RE6.

What atmosphere? They were unloading clip after clip into things with a friend and tons of explosions and shit flying around. It was no different than any other shooter.

tdrdrgn

people who are pissed at what resident evil 5 showed will rage at this. there wasn't even any semblance of horror at all throughout the footage.

Ehhhhhhh... liked the giant boss, disliked the dudebro. Can't say I'm surprised since the writing was already on the wall with DS2 to an extent. And on a related note, overbearing presentation is the hallmark of this generation. On the off chance there's a game that miraculously avoids it, you can rest assured the sequels will solve that little problem.

Bombadil

Banned
The goddamn boss fight was a rip-off of the ending boss fight in Dead Space 1.

This E3 has been disappointing for me, thus far.

i haven't even started my copy of DS2, and i didn't like what i saw from gameplay videos. i bought it anyway because i want to continue the story.

this is looking better than DS2, so i can't NOT give it a go. especially since im almost done with Dead Space Martyr.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So long Dead Space, you have joined RE4 in heaven.

Why on earth do the broadcasters insist on cutting away from the direct-feed footage during these demos? It happened during the Halo 4 demo, Black Ops demo, and now this. They always seem to choose the most inopportune times to do it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why on earth do the broadcasters insist on cutting away from the direct-feed footage during these demos? It happened during the Halo 4 demo, Black Ops demo, and now this. They always seem to choose the most inopportune times to do it.

So you can see the guy on stage pretending to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom