• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) -- E3 2012 Trailer

Aeana

Why is the E3 trailer showing the japanese version?
Probably because Atlus Japan hasn't yet (or has only just begun) doing the localization programming for the NA version of the game, and they don't have anything to show yet. The JP version isn't out until next week after all.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Holy shit this looks hot. DEM SCOOTERS.

LW70V.gif

Icicle

Really? I thought I had been doing a good job of keeping up with info about the game, but I guess not...

What does she do exactly? And will she be providing her All Out Attack assistance at all times since her vocal support is always with the party?

Well, I'm still glad they haven't replaced the backgrounds with static 2D art. So this Persona 4 port looking like a Persona 4 port is cool.

Plasma

Banned
Heh I didn't like the new opening movie but the music seems to fit this trailer more than it does the actual opening.

EDIT: Must have remembered wrong it is a different song, still though like this music over the opening movie one.

Let me hear Chie's voice, Atlus.

Aram Jabbari commented on the Playstation Blog "Any changes for Persona 4 Arena with regards to the voice cast *do not necessarily indicate* changes for Persona 4 Golden."

My interpretation of this is that they are working on getting the old VAs to come back to record any new dialogue, I mean there is a lot for them to go back and record with the new VAs, if they can I am sure they would just try to get the new VAs to record any new dialogue.

Omikaru

I know its weird but I'm totally hoping new VO is only for the new content, so that the old voice is not completely gone

Oh God, no. That would be horrible.

If they're using new VOs, I'd want all that character's lines to be re-recorded. If they're sticking with the old VOs, then they need to get them back in to re-record lines.

I don't think anything would be more jarring than hearing the new VOs just randomly jut in. Especially considering how different they seem to be compared to the originals.

An enhanced port is the main reason I want a Vita =/ Anyway, it took a while, but I've warmed up to the song used. It's nice.

Trigger

Probably because Atlus Japan hasn't yet (or has only just begun) doing the localization programming for the NA version of the game, and they don't have anything to show yet. The JP version isn't out until next week after all.

Wow. I didn't realize it was so close.

I've been playing through P3P on my Vita and that looks and plays (of course) fucking fantastic, I'm so pumped for P4 Vita because I've never played P4; my hype cannot be any higher

teiresias

I really hope they shorten, compress, or streamline the opening part of the the game. It's entirely too long before you get into a dungeon or a natural stopping point for a portable game.

In any case, I'm getting this even though I still have the PS2 version and it plays wonderfully on PCSX2 on the PC.

Alfredo

Aram Jabbari commented on the Playstation Blog "Any changes for Persona 4 Arena with regards to the voice cast *do not necessarily indicate* changes for Persona 4 Golden."

My interpretation of this is that they are working on getting the old VAs to come back to record any new dialogue, I mean there is a lot for them to go back and record with the new VAs, if they can I am sure they would just try to get the new VAs to record any new dialogue.

You know, if this were the case, I would gladly pay for a "Classic Voice Pack" DLC for P4 Arena if they could get the original voice actors back after the game's release...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/0...e-new-english-voices-for-teddie-and-chie-too/

“With Persona 4: Golden, there’s 40% (roughly) additional voiced dialogue with all the additional content,” Jabbari said to me. “A decision had to be made, with regards to the consistency of the experience. So it was decided that those characters are…”

“Rerecorded?” I asked.

“Yes,” he replied. “That said, it’s important fans don’t base their impressions on the [Persona 4: Arena] tutorial video.”

IivTE.gif
IivTE.gif

Top Bottom