• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Femmeworth
Miss Negativity
(06-19-2012, 12:29 AM)
Femmeworth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snapshot King

I'm confused.

I don't want it to be official fanfiction.

Originally Posted by Snapshot King

I'd say more likely that this confirms that...

Marie is Aigis. Aeon indeed.

... what?
demosthenes
Member
(06-19-2012, 12:31 AM)
demosthenes's Avatar

Originally Posted by MechaX

Atlus can try their damndest to make me double dip on this, but reason shall prevail; I will not buy a Vita over this!

Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong.
Snapshot King
Member
(06-19-2012, 12:32 AM)
Snapshot King's Avatar

Originally Posted by Femmeworth

I don't want it to be official fanfiction.

... what?

But it is official fanfiction.

And yeah, I'm probably wrong about that.
Shahed
Member
(06-19-2012, 12:34 AM)
Shahed's Avatar

Originally Posted by MechaX

Atlus can try their damndest to make me double dip on this, but reason shall prevail; I will not buy a Vita over this!

I've already accepted the fact I'm double dipping. I'm more worried triple dipping!

Do I import a US version and end up buying it again when it releases in the UK, or do I just wait? Why can't Atlus show the EU some love?
XeroSauce
Member
(06-19-2012, 12:38 AM)
XeroSauce's Avatar
That Naoto fanservice, holy shit.

I thought the Naoto fans liked her BECAUSE she wasn't all dressed up.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(06-19-2012, 12:47 AM)
Slayven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Flying Wonkey

HNNGNGGG

power rangers yo

Oh man this is certainly something.

The staff is obvious Jetman fans

KibblesBits
Member
(06-19-2012, 01:05 AM)
KibblesBits's Avatar
It's nice to see the Featherman shout out that started with the P2 kids.

Who incidentally would be in their early 30s now. Oh my, time waits for no one. And why should it? The Time Count was right...
RiderKairuu
Member
(06-19-2012, 01:15 AM)
RiderKairuu's Avatar
The sentai outfits sealed the deal for me.
cjkeats
Member
(06-19-2012, 01:17 AM)
cjkeats's Avatar

Originally Posted by Flying Wonkey


idunnulol:
http://i.imgur.com/yXR8f.jpg

Wat.
kiryogi
Considers fanny-packs to be the utmost in haute fashion. :x
(06-19-2012, 01:26 AM)
kiryogi's Avatar
Looks like Ami :D lawlz, would they do that for US ver with proper actress.
Hitlersaurus Christ
Member
(06-19-2012, 01:55 AM)
Hitlersaurus Christ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snapshot King

I'd say more likely that this confirms that...

Marie is Aigis. Aeon indeed.

What? I don't even... How do you even come to a conclusion like that? That's like seeing a picture of kanji and assuming he's secretly Akihiko. Aigis is in P4A anyway, so that makes even less sense.

I do wish the pictures were labeled something a bit more informative than idunnolol though, considering they spoil the entire new plotline. I kinda wanted to find out on my own, but oh well.
Marie's saying her real name is Kusumi-no-Ookami and her purpose is to inform the Sagiris about humanity's true desires.
OddMorsel
Member
(06-19-2012, 02:01 AM)
OddMorsel's Avatar
Not going to look at the Mari stuff. Thanks for putting that in spoilers - its the one thing I'll save for myself at the end here.

One thing that confuses me about the fanservice stuff is that Persona's audience seems to be very female-dominated. On the train last week I saw a middle school girl reading the strategy guide. Today I saw a girl on the way to college who had a Teddie cell phone charm. At the bus stop I overheard two girls talking about which party members they used. When my students at school (public high school) asked me what game I'm playing and I answered Persona, the only people who knew of it were girls.

So what's up with the extended animated hot spring scene, Naoto's dominatrix-looking outfit, Chie's boobs, etc?

Mah, I guess this is Japan, where girl's fashion mags have multiple-page nude spreads of women, and Playboy is like a tamer Maxim. But still, it's surprising.
MotionBlue
Member
(06-19-2012, 02:03 AM)
MotionBlue's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snapshot King

I'd say more likely that this confirms that...

Marie is Aigis. Aeon indeed.

What? How does it do that? I can't begin to understand that reasoning @_@
CielTynave
Member
(06-19-2012, 04:35 AM)
CielTynave's Avatar
Nighttime theme
.JayZii
Member
(06-19-2012, 04:58 AM)
.JayZii's Avatar
I absolutely love this design for Kaguya-Hime.

Spoilers I guess:
http://i.imgur.com/ATj0j.jpg
raven777
Member
(06-19-2012, 05:05 AM)
raven777's Avatar
There seems to be a lot more stuff added to the game than I expected. Can't wait for the game.
Lunar15
Member
(06-19-2012, 05:05 AM)
Lunar15's Avatar

Originally Posted by CielTynave

Nighttime theme

HNGGGGGGGGGGG.

Dang it sony, drop the price of that thing.
Tratorn
Member
(06-19-2012, 05:42 AM)
Tratorn's Avatar
So jGAF - how are the loading-times in the game?
Are they the same as the ps2-version?
OddMorsel
Member
(06-19-2012, 05:58 AM)
OddMorsel's Avatar
Load times are much improved over PS2

The night time music is indeed fantastic.
toddhunter
Member
(06-19-2012, 06:04 AM)
toddhunter's Avatar

Originally Posted by XeroSauce

That Naoto fanservice, holy shit.

I thought the Naoto fans liked her BECAUSE she wasn't all dressed up.

I indeed liked her all dressed up because I was wondering what she looked like etc. not revealing it in p4 was great because it left me intrigued.

The thing is, I have already purchased this game. Now I have a reason to dive in again.

I've always been a sucker for fanservice. I am certainly part of the problem.

Mind you I do not own a vita. My rule for a console is there must be 5 games I want. This counts as 3, uncharted 1. Getting close.
Last edited by toddhunter; 06-19-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Lemon Crest
Member
(06-19-2012, 06:13 AM)
Lemon Crest's Avatar
Oh so they went back to being able to walk at night like P3.
I'm guessing some areas are locked out?
Kyon
Banned
(06-19-2012, 06:14 AM)
Kyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tratorn

So jGAF - how are the loading-times in the game?
Are they the same as the ps2-version?

it was said earlier it was almost instant. Takes like 2 seconds the most to load
OddMorsel
Member
(06-19-2012, 06:25 AM)
OddMorsel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lemon Zest

Oh so they went back to being able to walk at night like P3.
I'm guessing some areas are locked out?

You're limited to only a few areas and you can't go out without a good reason when Dojima is at home. There isn't that much to do at night that I've seen, but you can use it as an opportunity to get points in social links so you don't have to waste day time with someone only for the link to not level up. it warns you if you're going to level up the link or not. A few times it said "you feel like your relationship with (balhalahaj) isn't going get any deeper" so I went somewhere else, hung out with that person at night, then leveled them up at the next opportunity. They also give you items at night.

Also, the pharmacy lady is a snack hostess at night ("Snack" is a bar for men where typically middle aged women flirt with you while you drink, it's like a more serious hostess bar). If you bring her jewels you found in the dungeons you can trade for weapons - unfortunately the quality of the weapons lags severely behind what you can get on the TV, or at the blacksmith's shop or in golden chests. By the time I've collected enough jewels to trade for a weapon, the one I already have equipped is inevitably better.

Another thing that makes this game easier is that when you die you don't have to restart from loading. You can just restart from the last floor change. It kind of makes the jump to Hard mode not very hard since the death penalty is very lenient. The hardest part of hard mode is the expensive Persona Compendium =\
.JayZii
Member
(06-19-2012, 06:35 AM)
.JayZii's Avatar

Originally Posted by odd_morsel

The hardest part of hard mode is the expensive Persona Compendium =\

Normal it is then. Until New Game Plus with all my extra yens that is.
Reluctant-Hero
Member
(06-19-2012, 05:51 PM)
Reluctant-Hero's Avatar
Edit: whoops, wrong thread!
Pirabear
Member
(06-19-2012, 06:17 PM)
Pirabear's Avatar

Originally Posted by XeroSauce

That Naoto fanservice, holy shit.

I thought the Naoto fans liked her BECAUSE she wasn't all dressed up.

That's partially a reason in my case, but I mainly like her because I felt that she was the most interesting of the female cast in terms of both her social link and internal struggles in general, which I'm assuming Atlus hasn't touched. The fanservicy thong outfit is creepy and obvious otaku pandering sure, but to say Atlus is destroying her character is like saying Mitsuru's dominatrix outfit in P3:Fes destroyed her character (not saying you said that btw).
StevePharma
Member
(06-19-2012, 07:26 PM)
StevePharma's Avatar

Originally Posted by XeroSauce

That Naoto fanservice, holy shit.

I thought the Naoto fans liked her BECAUSE she wasn't all dressed up.



Your avatar, is that Soejima art or fanart? Never seen it before. A bigger pic would be great because I love P4 artwork.
kadotsu
Member
(06-19-2012, 07:34 PM)
kadotsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by StevePharma



Your avatar, is that Soejima art or fanart? Never seen it before. A bigger pic would be great because I love P4 artwork.


Knock yourself out:

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...st&tags=y-chan
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=387836 (NSFW)
StevePharma
Member
(06-19-2012, 07:41 PM)
StevePharma's Avatar

Originally Posted by kadotsu

Knock yourself out:

Thank you.
Trojita
Member
(06-20-2012, 01:17 AM)
Trojita's Avatar
Fuck, I just had the P4: Golden Ending spoiled for me.

Chie is fucking hot
XeroSauce
Member
(06-20-2012, 01:27 AM)
XeroSauce's Avatar

Originally Posted by toddhunter

I indeed liked her all dressed up because I was wondering what she looked like etc. not revealing it in p4 was great because it left me intrigued.

The thing is, I have already purchased this game. Now I have a reason to dive in again.

I've always been a sucker for fanservice. I am certainly part of the problem.

Mind you I do not own a vita. My rule for a console is there must be 5 games I want. This counts as 3, uncharted 1. Getting close.

What's the other one? I'm honestly thinking about getting a Vita just for this but I need more games as well.


Originally Posted by kadotsu

Knock yourself out:

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...st&tags=y-chan
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=387836 (NSFW)


Thanks for doing my work for me. :D
XeroSauce
Member
(06-20-2012, 01:32 AM)
XeroSauce's Avatar

Originally Posted by Luminate

That's partially a reason in my case, but I mainly like her because I felt that she was the most interesting of the female cast in terms of both her social link and internal struggles in general, which I'm assuming Atlus hasn't touched. The fanservicy thong outfit is creepy and obvious otaku pandering sure, but to say Atlus is destroying her character is like saying Mitsuru's dominatrix outfit in P3:Fes destroyed her character (not saying you said that btw).

I'm glad that it's just costumes, but I'm just waiting for the word that they changed some of the less exciting Social Link events. I see it coming.
OddMorsel
Member
(06-21-2012, 05:37 AM)
OddMorsel's Avatar

Just picked this up. Feels like I'm missing a bit of content, need to make sure I'm getting everything I can.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the conch shell
(06-21-2012, 05:45 AM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar

Originally Posted by StevePharma



Your avatar, is that Soejima art or fanart? Never seen it before. A bigger pic would be great because I love P4 artwork.

You should get the soejima artbook.

It's pretty great.
InfiniteNine
Rolling Girl
(06-21-2012, 05:51 AM)
InfiniteNine's Avatar
Will this retain the VA off option like P3 FES? I'm willing to give the series another go but honestly hearing people say Senpai and crap while speaking in English really pisses me off for some reason. If this does the same thing I'd like to be able to turn the VA off.
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
(06-21-2012, 05:53 AM)
Tamanon's Avatar
BTW, apparently Atlus is saying the game sold 147k in the first 3 days, not too shabby at all. Also that ~40k Vitas were sold that week, as opposed to the regular ~18k.
Duffyside
Banned
(06-21-2012, 05:55 AM)
Duffyside's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

Fuck, I just had the P4: Golden Ending spoiled for me.

Chie is fucking hot

Can you let us (me) if the ending is at all significant? I figured it would just be some pandering fanservice, which I'm looking forward to, but I'm not expecting some big reveal or any additional closure...
jvalioli
Member
(06-21-2012, 05:56 AM)
jvalioli's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tamanon

BTW, apparently Atlus is saying the game sold 147k in the first 3 days, not too shabby at all. Also that ~40k Vitas were sold that week, as opposed to the regular ~18k.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479251

P4G was 137K this week(no digital) and Vita was 34k. Vita usually hovers <10k.
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
(06-21-2012, 06:05 AM)
Tamanon's Avatar

Originally Posted by jvalioli

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479251

P4G was 137K this week(no digital) and Vita was 34k. Vita usually hovers <10k.

I knew my numbers were a little off, was trying to remember from their tweets. Still not bad at all.
Touch fuzZy, get BizZay
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:13 AM)
Touch fuzZy, get BizZay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

Fuck, I just had the P4: Golden Ending spoiled for me.

Chie is fucking hot

Did Chie in particular do something significant or get a lot of focus in the new ending?
animlboogy
Banned
(06-21-2012, 06:15 AM)
animlboogy's Avatar
I'll probably be doing my part to bump Vita sales in the U.S. the week P4G hits here. *sigh*
jvalioli
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:15 AM)
jvalioli's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tamanon

I knew my numbers were a little off, was trying to remember from their tweets. Still not bad at all.

Oh yeah, pretty great for P4G. Less so for Vita.
Trojita
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:17 AM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by Duffyside

Can you let us (me) if the ending is at all significant? I figured it would just be some pandering fanservice, which I'm looking forward to, but I'm not expecting some big reveal or any additional closure...

Originally Posted by Touch fuzZy, get BizZay

Did Chie in particular do something significant or get a lot of focus in the new ending?

Ending Spoiler:

I haven't seen the ending to P4 yet even though I'm at the end with every Persona, but there was a picture that looked like it was taken a year or two later when MC visits the town. I think this was unique to Golden. I don't know anything else about the ending except seeing the picture, as I tried to avoid spoiling anything else.

lol @ Kanji too.

Picture in question: http://i.imgur.com/tO2Yj.png
Tailzo
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:32 AM)
Tailzo's Avatar
There is not enough talk about the euro release here. Is it coming? And when?
Touch fuzZy, get BizZay
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:36 AM)
Touch fuzZy, get BizZay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

Ending Spoiler:

Picture in question: http://i.imgur.com/tO2Yj.png

Yeah, shes hawt, haha

Glad they're adding so much content to the game. No choice but to pick it and a vita up, voice actor concerns and all
outunderthestars
He's not our sharpest knife.
(06-21-2012, 06:41 AM)
outunderthestars's Avatar
OK, figured this would be a good thread to ask: Are the persona games connected? Should I play the older games to catch up before 4 comes out?
ultron87
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:43 AM)
ultron87's Avatar

Originally Posted by outunderthestars

OK, figured this would be a good thread to ask: Are the persona games connected? Should I play the older games to catch up before 4 comes out?

4 has some cameos from 3 but that is pretty much it. The first two games are effectively a different series. You'll be more than fine just starting with 4.
Touch fuzZy, get BizZay
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:47 AM)
Touch fuzZy, get BizZay's Avatar

Originally Posted by outunderthestars

OK, figured this would be a good thread to ask: Are the persona games connected? Should I play the older games to catch up before 4 comes out?

Yeah, but loosely. The connection seems to be mostly that they take part in the same universe, years apart. Occasionally and older or younger version of a character from an earlier/later game shows up. All the games are self contained, independent stories with a little bit of overlap. No real reason not to start with 4.
outunderthestars
He's not our sharpest knife.
(06-21-2012, 06:49 AM)
outunderthestars's Avatar
Cool. Thanks for the info! :D
CrazyDude
Member
(06-21-2012, 06:53 AM)
CrazyDude's Avatar

Originally Posted by ultron87

4 has some cameos from 3 but that is pretty much it. The first two games are effectively a different series. You'll be more than fine just starting with 4.

They are all set in the same universe, but the connection between 4 and the rest is very minimal.

There are small reference in P3 to the other two games. Persona 1 and Persona 2 are probably the most connected each other because of recurring characters.

Thread Tools