• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Is it possible to enter DLC codes from the online with a PSN account rather than needing a PS3? I need to get another PS3 and so I don't have a way to enter a DLC code if I were to get one (for Ni No Kuni).

i have similar worry, i don't have time to play the game, apparently you have to reach certain point in the game before you can claim the dlc familiar?

correct me if i'm wrong.... I hope they have ample timeout for the dlc codes...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
You can log in to sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to redeem

Okay, sweet. Then I may try to get some familiars from the pre-order.

i have similar worry, i don't have time to play the game, apparently you have to reach certain point in the game before you can claim the dlc familiar?

correct me if i'm wrong.... I hope they have ample timeout for the dlc codes...

I think once you redeem it on PSN, then you have it forever. It just takes a certain amount of time in the game before you can get the familiars that you redeemed. You redeem the codes outside of the game.

Vargavinter

Wat! Why do they even call the EU-version of the CE a Collectors Edition? Feels more like a "Light" version of the US-version. Im getting really annoyed right now for not having the US-version booked instead of the EU.

zeopower6

Wat! Why do they even call the EU-version of the CE a Collectors Edition? Feels more like a "Light" version of the US-version. Im getting really annoyed right now for not having the US-version booked instead of the EU.

It's also the Wizard's Edition, just a bit more vanilla.

You should know that before the NA version got all beefed up with 3 more items (most of which people are kind of meh about or were when they were unlocked), it was the same as the EU edition. (Also the reason why the EU version is so much more widely available at tons of retailers is because of the lack of those 3 items... which is why I think the WE was not available outside of Club NAMCO.)

It was the same before namco decided ninostarter only for us and Canada. The other stiff are okay.

khaaan

Originally they were both just the game, book and plush but Bamco North America ran a "Ninostarter" campaign that added more stuff to the package as more people pre-ordered.

Torraz

Well, cancelled the amazon.de CE order, one more to go around!

In the end I think 90€ is too much for me to spend on one game, especially as I can see the plush immediately gathering dust and the book being nice for a short while. Plus I managed to get a JP ds-copy of the CE for quite a bit less.

Not sure if I'm going to pick up a copy of the normal version at the EU release as Yakuza 5 is so much fun, and I have partially finished xillia2/layton vs. AA waiting...

Originally they were both just the game, book and plush but Bamco North America ran a "Ninostarter" campaign that added more stuff to the package as more people pre-ordered.

that's what i found lately before the fake chance on 17/1, i was so surprised ! i was sure it was without the extra 3 items until recently and went for EU version to save importing costs.

if i knew bout it from before, i'd order it since long time ago last year...

zeopower6

What's different between the uk and us wizards edition please? I can't find the differences :(

The NA one has a coin, a CD with two tracks, and 5 art prints (each about the size of half a sheet of paper? slightly larger?) in addition to what is normally in the UK/EU version. :)

So the US/NA one: coin, CD, prints, Drippy plushie, DLC, book, game.

EU/UK one: Drippy plushie, DLC, book, game.

nasos_333

What's different between the uk and us wizards edition please? I can't find the differences :(

Whatever the EU one misses in items, it more than makes up with two DLC familiars (griffin and butterfly)

Link
http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.htm...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=368828787&pf_rd_i=B008JR9IOK

In fact if i knew if beforehand, i would have probably pre-oredered from Amazon.de and not go for the US version :)

Now i am glad things came out like that, since i get the game which i would pay 60$ for, for 108$ i also get the book and two of the best familiars in the game and a free 400 page guide

Seems rather amazing TBH

The onle caveat is that i dont really believe all will be fine with the above, there is still too much risk involved in getting all that stuff

The German version could have the same stock problems and Namco may never actually give us the guides etc etc

Or maybe because i am in US they dont deliver the two extra pre-order related familiars DLC ? I dont even know how those are given

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
The NA one has a coin, a CD with two tracks, and 5 art prints (each about the size of half a sheet of paper? slightly larger?) in addition to what is normally in the UK/EU version. :)

Thanks a lot. Is the book the same? I've had the uk version on order for ages

Torraz

The box/packaging itself also seems a tad nicer, according to the two unboxings a few pages back.

zeopower6

Thanks a lot. Is the book the same? I've had the uk version on order for ages

The book is the same and is in English for all regions.

Also as mentioned before, the box is a bit less luxurious for EU (probably due to a wider print run and also because their WE is available in regular stores too, I think) compared to the NA version.

The onle caveat is that i dont really believe all will be fine with the above, there is still too much risk involved in getting all that stuff

The German version could have the same stock problems and Namco may never actually give us the guides etc etc

Or maybe because i am in US they dont deliver the two extra pre-order related familiars DLC ? I dont even know how those are given

I don't think we have anything to fear, Amazon is a competent company. Btw, Amazon.de stopped taking pre-orders on the WE now.

As for the bonus familiars, they will send out the codes to your e-mail address within 3 days of dispatch.

Lucent

Mine came with absolutely no dings or tears or anything. The box it was shipped in was literally JUST big enough to fit it in there with some of that soft packing material wrapped around it. I'm surprised it didn't get messed up at all while being shipped after what some people had said.

Dead

well not really...yet
The book is all I ever wanted, so don't really care about the plush/coin whatever. As long as Amazon/de delivers without any issue I will be happy

Newegg has the standard game. Standard price, but it's in stock. Just in case anyone is having a hard time finding it.

Maybe not that site but it has been mentioned. I think people are just waiting on the details.

I had a standard order for Amazon from a few days after launch that is going to ship Monday, so they are getting stock soon.

LiK

i no longer like ordering from Australia. it doesn't matter which retailer it was. every package i got was so banged up and dented. sometimes crushed as well. the games were fine but the box was pretty busted. maybe you guys will be more lucky than my experiences.

i may try the fishpond store just to get an extra book.

iammeiam

So have people who paid with Paypal and been cancelled actually received money back on their credit cards yet? DR definitely sent the refund, Paypal claims they processed it, but two days later it still hasn't reduced the balance on my actual Discover card. I don't think I've done a refund through Paypal before so this could be normal slowness on that end; just curious how it's working out for others.

BosSin

i no longer like ordering from Australia. it doesn't matter which retailer it was. every package i got was so banged up and dented. sometimes crushed as well. the games were fine but the box was pretty busted. maybe you guys will be more lucky than my experiences.

i may try the fishpond store just to get an extra book.

It says that the supplier is from the UK, which is why I mainly ordered (I'm in London)

LiK

It says that the supplier is from the UK, which is why I mainly ordered (I'm in London)

yup, read that. hope it arrives safely.

well, i think gaffers got the whole WE stock from amazon.de :p

the only chances left for anyone are here -don't know the availability of importing- :

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Games/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-of-White-Witch-PS3-Blu-Ray/3391891965804

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B008MLSNOY/

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B008MLSNOY/

http://www.amazon.es/dp/B008MLSNOY/

looks like all Amazon stock is gone. i don't see it in stock at any of those links.

Segnaro

So have people who paid with Paypal and been cancelled actually received money back on their credit cards yet? DR definitely sent the refund, Paypal claims they processed it, but two days later it still hasn't reduced the balance on my actual Discover card. I don't think I've done a refund through Paypal before so this could be normal slowness on that end; just curious how it's working out for others.

Paypal refunds are slow.

looks like the reprint of the strat guide is going faster or something for these WE cancellation compensation
just got this email from amazon.

Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

Howard Grossman "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: Prima Official Game Guide"
Previous estimated arrival date: February 08, 2013 - February 13, 2013
New estimated arrival date: January 30, 2013
i ordered this book January 23rd

looks like the reprint of the strat guide is going faster or something for these WE cancellation compensation
just got this email from amazon.

i ordered this book January 23rd

i already told you, they were already reprinting it before. and that reprinting is fast. namco took the easy way out of just ordering more strat guides instead of reprinting the wiz companion (which is most people's reason for buying the WE in the first place)

i already told you, they were already reprinting it before. and that reprinting is fast. namco took the easy way out of just ordering more strat guides instead of reprinting the wiz companion (which is most people's reason for buying the WE in the first place)

You might break records with getting yourself out of the junior member status with the most bitching/repeats of the same sentences! haha

frequency

Is there any succinct explanation of what's happened? The first post tells me nothing.

I will try my best to summarize.

1. Pre-orders through NinoStarter were taken in the summer/September.
2. In January, it was announced they had some extras they would sell. A lot of people ordered during this time. They oversold.
3. There were some billing issues with Digital River, so they cancelled orders instead of trying to fix the problem. This affected people who had pre-orders from half a year ago.
4. A lot of people started getting cancellation emails. Most were from January 17, but some of the "billing issues" people too.
5. People called and Digital River assured them that it was a mistake and their orders were not cancelled. It turns out that was mostly false. Several cancellation emails were sent, including one with a $20 coupon for the Namco store.
6. On the 24th Digital River created a "secret link" for people with wrongly cancelled orders to use, but it got leaked to the public and a lot of people who weren't supposed to use that link used it.
7. People got really angry they weren't going to get the Wizard Edition. The angriest person being the "hey everyone, chillax" poster from earlier in the thread.
8. A few days later, Namco apologized and offered all people who got cancellations a free copy of the strategy guide.
9. Not everyone is satisfied with the guide as compensation. Some people think they deserve more compensation because the highest price the Wizard Edition is selling for on eBay is $400. Or are demanding a reprint.

There was also a lot of conspiracy theories about PlayCanada having 200+ copies for sale in eBay. The reason they had that many was because they ordered during NinoStarter, where there was no limit to the number you could order.

The end result is that most of the NinoStarter people will get their orders. A small number of the 17th people will get their orders. Some lucky people who got the link on the 24th will get orders.
Most of the anger is from January 17th people who were cancelled and aren't happy with getting the guide for free because they feel they deserve the Wizard Edition or like-value compensation.

Basically, Digital River mishandled orders and people are unhappy they're missing out.

Northpaw

Neo Member

I don't know if you already know this, (because you said you don't think you've done a refund through Paypal before) but in my experience they refund the money to your Paypal account itself within 4 days. Then it is up to you to transfer the money to your bank account. So just in case you haven't done so, you may want to check your Paypal account balance to ensure the money isn't just sitting there.

Lucent

I don't know if you already know this, (because you said you don't think you've done a refund through Paypal before) but in my experience they refund the money to your Paypal account itself within 4 days. Then it is up to you to transfer the money to your bank account. So just in case you haven't done so, you may want to check your Paypal account balance to ensure the money isn't just sitting there.

Oh yeah this is true. It's annoying but that's what happens.

paypal put a hold on the money because "they're still reviewing it".

Top Bottom