• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Any chance that this game could get a port to Wii U?
I know there was a DS Ni No Kuni game in Japan, so would it be unreasonable to see this game ported to other systems?

Just wondering.
Neither version sold that well in Japan IIRC (or rather, according to L5's expectations, based on their initial shipments), so I doubt they're interested in investing more resources in the game atm.

Kyon

Banned
Neither version sold that well in Japan IIRC (or rather, according to L5's expectations, based on their initial shipments), so I doubt they're interested in investing more resources in the game atm.

Level 5 moved on from this game already they have tons of other games in development.

Rootbeer

Banned
Any chance that this game could get a port to Wii U?
I know there was a DS Ni No Kuni game in Japan, so would it be unreasonable to see this game ported to other systems?

Just wondering.

It's a fine dream, but yeah, I'd say 0% chance. I look forward to some good jrpgs on the Wii U though.

It's a fine dream, but yeah, I'd say 0% chance. I look forward to some good jrpgs on the Wii U though.

yeah, im looking forward to the JRPGs the Wii U will have to offer.
I'm just kinda sad that there aren't any announced yet.
And I would love to play this game, but I don't have a PS3.. Maybe i'll try and borrow my friend's.

Eusis

The book added as a bonus for standard edition states it is in Japanese, is the collectors edition version in Japanese too??
If that's the case for the CE too I'll be VERY glad I didn't bother trying to pre-order it: I wanted that in order to get the book in English, if I just want the book period I can probably dig around for the DS game and just import that.

madhtr

If that's the case for the CE too I'll be VERY glad I didn't bother trying to pre-order it: I wanted that in order to get the book in English, if I just want the book period I can probably dig around for the DS game and just import that.

The CE should be in English. Then again, the full book is available in-game, so I guess it's possible they'd not publish the book again, but I would think they'd point out it was in Japanese.

Eusis

The CE should be in English. Then again, the full book is available in-game, so I guess it's possible they'd not publish the book again, but I would think they'd point out it was in Japanese.
Hopefully, but no way to know for sure until it's in people's hands.

... I'd kinda want the English version to be printed and sold separately too though. Even if it's an Amazon exclusive in the US or whatever.

madhtr

... I'd kinda want the English version to be printed and sold separately too though. Even if it's an Amazon exclusive in the US or whatever.

Yeah, I've looked through everything about the game and nowhere actually says it's English.... The official site is supposed to have a section devoted to the book, but it has only been updated maybe once since being opened, so no telling when they'll get to that part.

Sushigod7

That would be amazing if they did it but sadly doesn't look like it's going to happen at this point it would have been announced by now. Which is to bad, I guess the costs would be pretty high and it seems they had a lot of the JP version so they might not be excited to spend more on it.

Eusis

Where the hell was the Collector being sold at in NA anyway, I can't find any trace of it.
Like 5 months ago in the past on Namco Bandai's online store. With Digital River handling the transaction.

Yeah, there's a reason I didn't pre-order despite wanting that book.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, I've looked through everything about the game and nowhere actually says it's English.... The official site is supposed to have a section devoted to the book, but it has only been updated maybe once since being opened, so no telling when they'll get to that part.

Amazon Germany says that the guide will be in english:

Wizard's Edition Zusatzinhalte
Die Ni no Kuni: Der Fluch der Weißen Königin – Wizard's Edition enthält eine über 300 Seiten dicke Kopie des Zauberbuchs "Der Magische Begleiter" in englischer Sprache, das Oliver während seiner Reise im Spiel benutzt. Der Magische Begleiter ist mit farbigen Illustrationen versehen und bietet eine Übersicht über alle Kreaturen im Spiel sowie ausführliche Beschreibungen zu Gegenständen, Zaubersprüchen und der Geschichte der anderen Welt. ...

Sushigod7

Sent a couple tweets to the Namco US and to the community manager to see what they say. I can't imagine they would release the book in English territories in another language. If that is the case I wouldn't be on the fence about importing anymore.

edit: From preview, question answered for sure

Ni no Kuni was a massive localization challenge. On top of the large amount of text, approximately a million Japanese characters, and voice overs, we had the 352 page Wizard’s Companion to translate and lay out for both digital inclusion within the game and for physical printing.

farnham

Banned

Ds version did reasonably well. But i think a inazuma strikers upport is more likely than a ninokuni port

soldat7

Yeah, I don't see how anyone could call this mediocre, especially since it improves the actual gameplay of the game

02427c09.jpg

ac7c1f77.jpg

ni_no_kuni_book__page_15_by_argentscarf-d4buval.png

English

Dammit, "This order will be shipped after the release date of 1/22/2013 for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive"

This thread will be tormenting

Loxley

Crap, I can't believe I'm just hearing about this game now. If I'd known six months ago I would pre-ordered that CE immediately, mostly just for the book.

Hopefully some will appear for re-sale in the coming months at random outlets.

RPGCrazied

Really wish that wizard book was the preorder bonus. I sure hope it won't cost an arm and a leg on eBay for it. Its the only thing I wanted from the wizard edition.

I was referring to the second wave being released after launch, I also thought you were talking about the US version.

No that was just my guess. Sorry for the confusion.
I think so, because they do not remove game from their store. And there was info that sell number for CE was low through Ninostarter.

That is the message from Namco store. I am unsure about exactly what they mean by that... I hope it is just worded weird and that it will ship on release day at least...

Well someone did post a source quoting 7000 Wizard Editions for the US. I can't imagine that NiNostarter.com ate up all 7000 preorders. So odds are that they'll release a limited number for first-come-first-served orders on Club Namco.

That is the message from Namco store. I am unsure about exactly what they mean by that... I hope it is just worded weird and that it will ship on release day at least...

I noticed the same verbiage and I'm hoping its just there to protect themselves. Hopefully our copies ship by the 21st.

are people that are calling in really getting there orders cancelled? i called in to confirm that it was my debit card on my account and i made extra sure with the customer service rep that no changes or modifications had been made to my order. she stated i should be charged when the game is shipped on 01/22/2013. does anybody else have a different story?

it seems odd they would cancel a long standing preorder for no reason at all.

Rootbeer

Banned
Looks like this is the final design for the box:

The stores in my country updated their status on this. €90, not a terribly bad price.

Just might pre-order this tomorrow.

USA here. Wish I'd ordered one :( My biggest mistake of the generation :p But I don't want to pay EU -> USA shipping costs and all that :/

That Drippy plush would look so cool with my adventure time plushes!

Sushigod7

Im worried I wont be home for the package, and that it will end up stolen :(

Does that happen often around you? Most likely a thief will not want to steal your Wizard Edition marked as post from Digital River, they have more expensive things to look for. I'm sure you will be fine.

Top Bottom