• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

nasos_333
(01-23-2013, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Zaraki_Kenpachi

NOOOOOOO, my order on Namco's site now says I ordered the SOLD OUT edition all those months ago. I've been had. :(

LOL, i noticed that too, so funny
TentPole
(01-23-2013, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by rumbalumba

wow you guys need to CHILLAX.

when we ordered on the 17th, what did it say? Orders won't ship until AFTER 22nd. you guys have been whining about it for the past couple of days about how your CCs aren't being charged, etc. now come release date and your CCs get charged, and now you're whining about not getting it when they CLEARLY said they won't ship until TODAY?

as far as i'm concerned, Digital River has been right on time. what's with all the complaining about not getting it on release date (or god forbid, even earlier!) when they clearly said you won't get it until after the release date? goodness.

they said will start shipping on the 23rd (TODAY), and for those who picked overnight shipping, you'll get it BY TOMORROW. that's what it's supposed to be. what the hell are you complaining about? complain if the shipment doesn't come by tomorrow.

Your mellow attitude has been noted. Now stop telling people to stop complaining over shitty service. DR does in fact have really shitty service and deserves to be called out on it.

Just because someone tells me beforehand that they are going to fuck me after I payed a premium price for 1-day shipping does not make it okay. I may have to take it, but I sure as hell don't have to take it with a smile.
DMPrince
(01-23-2013, 05:20 PM)
i think i prefer him asking for the DLC lulz. ^^
shungokusatsu
(01-23-2013, 05:21 PM)
This is pretty awful of them. 2 days now and absolutely no communication or notification about shipping.
LiK
(01-23-2013, 05:21 PM)

Originally Posted by TentPole

Your mellow attitude has been noted. Now stop telling people to stop complaining over shitty service. DR does in fact have really shitty service and deserves to be called out on it.

Just because someone tells me beforehand that they are going to fuck me after I payed a premium price for 1-day shipping does not make it okay. I may have to take it, but I sure as hell don't have to take it with a smile.

I have to agree. If people wanna complain, let them. Tell us to relax when you receive your order.
aliencowz7
(01-23-2013, 05:24 PM)

wow you guys need to CHILLAX.

when we ordered on the 17th, what did it say? Orders won't ship until AFTER 22nd. you guys have been whining about it for the past couple of days about how your CCs aren't being charged, etc. now come release date and your CCs get charged, and now you're whining about not getting it when they CLEARLY said they won't ship until TODAY?

as far as i'm concerned, Digital River has been right on time. what's with all the complaining about not getting it on release date (or god forbid, even earlier!) when they clearly said you won't get it until after the release date? goodness.

they said will start shipping on the 23rd (TODAY), and for those who picked overnight shipping, you'll get it BY TOMORROW. that's what it's supposed to be. what the hell are you complaining about? complain if the shipment doesn't come by tomorrow.

Do you work for digital river or something? Your use of the word chillax in normal talk is delayed about as badly as there shipping, only years late.

On a slightly more serious note, when I paid extra money for next day shipping they weren't stopping me saying it will be the next day after we decide to send it and not the release date, are you sure you want to choose this setting? If I pay extra money for a service of course I expect for that service to be upheld.

The fact that they tucked a small line of text away on there awful site stating that it would ship sometime after the 22nd doesn't make them exempt from criticism particularly when there is bound to be plenty of people who don't see said text. I am an impatient person who paid extra to have them accomodate said impatience.
Cheska
(01-23-2013, 05:25 PM)
Are the people who are getting they're orders cancelled ones who paid with a credit card/debit card? I paid with Paypal and payment was already finalized when I placed the order so I'm hoping no issues arise.
khaaan
(01-23-2013, 05:25 PM)
I gave my credit card company a call and they said that a charge by Digital River was made last night and that it just hasn't shown up on my online account yet. If you haven't seen a charge yet or gotten a confirmation email, giving your CC company could at the very least let you know a charge has been made. I also hear from some people that their CC company filed the charge as a scam, so just making sure that isn't the case isn't a bad idea either.
reson8or
(01-23-2013, 05:26 PM)
Yay, just got my guide from Amazon! Still no game yet tho, lol

Pic Link
Last edited by reson8or; 01-23-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spoiler tag added
TheChillyAcademic
(01-23-2013, 05:26 PM)
In the end, IN THE VERY END, I would like to know exactly what happened. Most of us will have our orders fulfilled, unbelievably late or otherwise and there isn't much we can do at this point.

But I wonder the real, the honest reason how this happened, why this happened, where the mistake was made.
Matthew Gallant
(01-23-2013, 05:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Cheska

I paid with Paypal and payment was already finalized when I placed the order so I'm hoping no issues arise.

The game being released yesterday with no WE's shipped is pretty much an issue.
SomewhatGroovy
(01-23-2013, 05:29 PM)
My payment processed and completed on day of restock; I'd be surprised if it doesn't show up at my door step by Saturday.

With that said, I'm getting so impatient and am seriously contemplating downloading it off PSN
Sushigod7
(01-23-2013, 05:31 PM)

NOOOOOOO, my order on Namco's site now says I ordered the SOLD OUT edition all those months ago. I've been had. :(

Mine are two different addresses. Will that be a problem? They can ship to either, that's not an issue.

Are you being serious? I can't tell if your joking I hope you are.

Originally Posted by reson8or

Yay, just got my guide from Amazon! Still no game yet tho, lol

Pic Link

We need inside pictures buddy start taking more!!
FSLink
(01-23-2013, 05:32 PM)

Originally Posted by TheChillyAcademic

In the end, IN THE VERY END, I would like to know exactly what happened. Most of us will have our orders fulfilled, unbelievably late or otherwise and there isn't much we can do at this point.

But I wonder the real, the honest reason how this happened, why this happened, where the mistake was made.

The reason is Digital River is incompetent.
rumbalumba
Banned
(01-23-2013, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by aliencowz7

Do you work for digital river or something? Your use of the word chillax in normal talk is delayed about as badly as there shipping, only years late.

On a slightly more serious note, when I paid extra money for next day shipping they weren't stopping me saying it will be the next day after we decide to send it and not the release date, are you sure you want to choose this setting? If I pay extra money for a service of course I expect for that service to be upheld.

The fact that they tucked a small line of text away on there awful site stating that it would ship sometime after the 22nd doesn't make them exempt from criticism particularly when there is bound to be plenty of people who don't see said text. I am an impatient person who paid extra to have them accomodate said impatience.

well you already paid for it, and it was there right after the payment, so why complain about not getting it on release date? if you're that impatient, then you should've cancelled your order and got a regular copy on release date. everyone who ordered the wiz ed has to wait out anyway. your complaining won't make it ship faster for it was already set in stone that they'll ship it after the 22nd. it's been there the moment we all paid. we've already known it for days and days, so just accept that fact for it's not going away any day. besides, they're shipping it a day after the release date. BIG DEAL. some of use have waited for a year for this game to get here, then waited more because of the delay. meanwhile we get people who just saw ign's review and decided to get the wiz ed and now they're impatient as hell. what gives? that service says 1-day shipping, never did it say it will arrive one day after release date. they made it clear they'll ship orders after the 22nd. all the complaining about not getting it on release date will go nowhere. complain if you don't get it by tomorrow.
ryushe
(01-23-2013, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Used credit card?

Paypal... Actually, I even used the 'Bill me later' option.

Also ordered from the second batch from last week.
reson8or
(01-23-2013, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Sushigod7

I'd love to! ...but am at work :(
LiK
(01-23-2013, 05:36 PM)

Originally Posted by ryushe

Paypal... Actually, I even used the 'Bill me later' option.

Also ordered from the second batch from last week.

hmmm, i orded first batch with CC. hope its alive
Himself
(01-23-2013, 05:37 PM)
I ordered mine 07/01, have the e-mails regarding the change in release date and my credit card was charged back then. Now the website is saying OUT OF STOCK when I enter my e-mail and I my order number apparently doesn't exist. WTF is going on here. I will be furious if I end up not getting this.
Takuya
Banned
(01-23-2013, 05:38 PM)
Honestly, those who used Paypal need not worry. You'll get your money back from them if DR can't prove they shipped out your order (whether you receive it or not).
aliencowz7
(01-23-2013, 05:40 PM)

well you already paid for it, and it was there right after the payment, so why complain about not getting it on release date? if you're that impatient, then you should've cancelled your order and got a regular copy on release date. everyone who ordered the wiz ed has to wait out anyway. your complaining won't make it ship faster for it was already set in stone that they'll ship it after the 22nd. it's been there the moment we all paid. we've already known it for days and days, so just accept that fact for it's not going away any day. besides, they're shipping it a day after the release date. BIG DEAL. some of use have waited for a year for this game to get here, then waited more because of the delay. meanwhile we get people who just saw ign's review and decided to get the wiz ed and now they're impatient as hell. what gives? that service says 1-day shipping, never did it say it will arrive one day after release date. they made it clear they'll ship orders after the 22nd. all the complaining about not getting it on release date will go nowhere. complain if you don't get it by tomorrow.

None of that stuff has any bearing on the stuff I am complaining about. I am complaining about a lack of communication, lack of transparency prior to the order going through as well as after, the awful layout of there website and the fact that to even see your invoice you have to go to a second seperate website to have it redirect back to the namco store website and countless other asinine things I have had to deal with in this day and age.

I am not trying to will the game to my doorstop by complaining, of course it will get here when it gets here but that doesn't make it any less frustrating and constantly telling someone who is frustrated that there reasons for being frustrated aren't valid is kind of annoying.

If you think there service is anywhere even REMOTELY close to the levels that are normal among online vendors then you really haven't ordered very much online before.
rumbalumba
Banned
(01-23-2013, 05:40 PM)

lesson: use paypal + debit card.

even on PSN i have troubles validating my billing address and that creates conflict.

most likely they accepted everything then the computer validated it later on but saw that some don't match so the computer automatically cancelled it. those who used paypal+debit never had any problems..
Mejilan
Running off of Custom Firmware
(01-23-2013, 05:43 PM)
Yeah, I paid an obscene amount for expedited shipping.
I did not pay extra for obscene shipping.

DR sucks balls. Has for years, without improvement.
Hobbun

Originally Posted by Cheska

Are the people who are getting they're orders cancelled ones who paid with a credit card/debit card? I paid with Paypal and payment was already finalized when I placed the order so I'm hoping no issues arise.

I paid with my debit card, it was charged (but still pending), and my order was not cancelled. At least not as far as I know, never received any cancellation email and the info page with my order says “Boxed Shipment”.

At least it did last night, haven’t looked since then. And can’t look now as I am at work and the site is blocked.

Also, I hope having a different mailing and shipping address is not a problem. I mean they gave the option for it.
GringoJB
Paid with CC here during the on-sale just a few days ago... still have the pending charge on the CC, and the DR order is still "Order in process" with the "sold out" text in the product description (Just adding my story to the pile in case it helps validate anything/anyone)
Sushigod7
(01-23-2013, 05:47 PM)

Dude you just have to stop trying I tried to get the complaining to stop but it keeps going. People are angry and impatient I understand why but it's pointless anyone who paid attention to this thread during the Ninostarter would have known DR was handling and they do a horrible job. I'm not at all surprised with the lack of communication that's how they roll. It was one of the reasons I didn't order last year but with the restock it was to tempting. I paid for one day service as well while this situation sucks we will get our products and be happy we waited.
madhtr
(01-23-2013, 05:48 PM)
Yeah.... my issue is a bit weird... I had a pending charge up until last night, then I got all my money back, but no emails canceling it or anything. Should I call? If so, what's the number again?
piratepwnsninja
(01-23-2013, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by madhtr

Yeah.... my issue is a bit weird... I had a pending charge up until last night, then I got all my money back, but no emails canceling it or anything. Should I call? If so, what's the number again?

I've had pending charges disappear and turn into real charges the next day. Happens often with bills I pay online.
Sushigod7
(01-23-2013, 05:50 PM)

Originally Posted by madhtr

To assist you in placing your order, you may contact customer service
at:

•US and Canada (toll-free within the US, MX and CA): 1-877-232-4588
866-585-3251 (Canada,US)
952-908-4150 (Iternational)
madhtr

Originally Posted by piratepwnsninja

I've had pending charges disappear and turn into real charges the next day. Happens often with bills I pay online.

Yeah, me too.... but most of my charges aren't by DR, which leaves me having no idea what's going on.
SlasherJPC
I did the pay pal back in July. So I'm charged. My shipping is even 17 bucks so guess that was next day shipping? I just hope it gets here otherwise I'll have to be forced to go to paypal and make a dispute, etc. And I really don't want to do that. In the meantime I'm just playing a regular edition.
Hmm my debit card still has not been charged as of last night. If I do not hear anything by tomorrow, I may just bite the bullet and buy a copy from GameStop. Can I return it after I get my wizard copy or is that too shady? I was thinking of putting it on eBay otherwise as an almost used copy.
Balb
(01-23-2013, 05:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Toth

Hmm my debit card still has not been charged as of last night. If I do not hear anything by tomorrow, I may just bite the bullet and buy a copy from GameStop. Can I return it after I get my wizard copy or is that too shady? I was thinking of putting it on eBay otherwise as an almost used copy.

You can't return it if you open it. Unless you buy it used somehow.

Originally Posted by Balb

You can't return it if you open it. Unless you buy it used somehow.

Thanks. I rather do it a more appropriate way than use GameStop as a stop gap. Not like they wouldn't do the same for us lol
Prime crotch
(01-23-2013, 06:00 PM)
Soooo, is the limited edition sold out? So I should get the regular game instead.
ShroudOfFate
(01-23-2013, 06:00 PM)
Exactly how bad is DR at shipping? Like a few days or a few weeks bad?

I need this game yesterday at this point lol
dark_preacher
(01-23-2013, 06:02 PM)

Was a debit card. I have a feeling that the fact it was "cancelled" might have been a misnomer, just a way to cover the fact there was an error. Being able to re-purchase a "sold out" item seconds after it was "cancelled" seem to be a bit odd.

did they have you place a new order? that's what they did in my case, i'm still waiting on the confirmation email.
Zaraki_Kenpachi
(01-23-2013, 06:06 PM)
Are the people who are getting stuff cancelled only people who ordered from the batch a couple days ago?
madhtr
(01-23-2013, 06:08 PM)

Are the people who are getting stuff cancelled only people who ordered from the batch a couple days ago?

Mine isn't canceled, as far as I know... my card just is no longer charged. And I ordered in September.
mjc
(01-23-2013, 06:09 PM)
I called up customer service and they said my order was in process of being shipped. I still haven't received a confirmation email about anything though. It amazes me how an online company can function this way in 2013.
dark_preacher
(01-23-2013, 06:10 PM)

mine was cancelled and i ordered with debit/credit in august.
Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
(01-23-2013, 06:17 PM)
I ordered on the 17th and the charges are still pending. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?
LiK
(01-23-2013, 06:20 PM)
Ordered in July. I assume everyone's invoice looks like this.

Animekatt
(01-23-2013, 06:21 PM)

I took a few pix from mine!
Strategy guide pix
rumbalumba
Banned
(01-23-2013, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

yes. everyone has that.
hairypeckpeck
(01-23-2013, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Animekatt

Strategy guide pix

looks very similar to red/blue pokemon guide... i like it

Originally Posted by LiK

yeah.
Sushigod7
(01-23-2013, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Animekatt

Strategy guide pix

That's what I'm talking about that is beautiful, can't wait for Amazon to ship mine hopefully today.

Originally Posted by LiK

Yup same here. Hopefully shipping today.
SlasherJPC
(01-23-2013, 06:27 PM)
Well so far no one has received their right? Let see who gets it first!
rumbalumba
Banned
(01-23-2013, 06:28 PM)
someone posted on Namco's FB post, 19 hours ago.

"Just spoke with a digital river supervisor who finally cleared the air. Key Points:

- Shipping information emails will go out over the next 24 hours, and products begin shipping today (some people may have already received their information.)
- Digital River is in process of attempting to produce a press release/facebook post regarding this issue, it has to clear management first.
- Namco Bandai themselves, though many people already know this, are not responsible for order shipping/fulfillment, Digital River is processing orders as fast as possible, though a number of issues are rising regarding payments as credit cards are charged on the day the order is processed and not on the day of the receipt of the order.
- Front line agents are either not given this information, or distributing misinformation based on call floor rumours. If you're in doubt, ask for a supervisor. Supervisor wait times are upwards of 1/2 an hour."
Hobbun
(01-23-2013, 06:29 PM)

That's what I'm talking about that is beautiful, can't wait for Amazon to ship mine hopefully today.

Got my strategy guide yesterday. It's really a nice piece of work, I think you are going to like it.