• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Lucent

At this rate, I ain't even mad that they don't ship to Canada. I think I'd rather take my chances on a Canadian retailer maybe picking up distribution rights here than have to deal with Namco directly.

This is my first time. I usually use Amazon, Newegg, or Best Buy. But, so far, this has been the worst pre-order experience ever. They shouldn't pull the entire amount until they've shipped it.

cakefoo

This is my first time. I usually use Amazon, Newegg, or Best Buy. But, so far, this has been the worst pre-order experience ever. They shouldn't pull the entire amount until they've shipped it.
But Best Buy along with most of the major retailers do this. It's a temporary hold request, that's all.

mhayze

Does anyone know if Amazon or Newegg (or worst case, BB or Gamestop) will be getting a CE / pre-order? Or is this going to be Namco Store only?

Lucent

Does anyone know if Amazon or Newegg (or worst case, BB or Gamestop) will be getting a CE / pre-order? Or is this going to be Namco Store only?

So far it's exclusive to the Namco Store in the US. Which sucks, because I would've gone with Amazon in a heart beat. =l

Bought it literally, they make you pay up front :d

Oh I've sent a stern email, I tried to be polite though. No response.

Thought the next best course was to let everyone else know. :)

I see, oh well, better to pay it now while I have the money to spend.

What is it with Japanese game companies these days? Capcom, Nintendo, Namco <_>;

LiK

it's exclusive as mentioned on their site. you won't find it anywhere else.

almost $120? Yeah that's a bit too much for what will probably end up being a mediocre affair.

Will get the standard edition if I get it at all.

barrin87

The insta-charge is what is making me not order this yet. I have the money but I don't want to use it since it will be needed in a couple of months. I might wait a week to see if there is any announcement of these pre-authorizations falling off of people's accounts.

I just hope they don't go out of stock.

Lucent

The insta-charge is what is making me not order this yet. I have the money but I don't want to use it since it will be needed in a couple of months. I might wait a week to see if there is any announcement of these pre-authorizations falling off of people's accounts.

I just hope they don't go out of stock.

Yeah, I'll def be posting what happens in the next few days or whenever if it falls off.

barrin87

Yeah, I'll def be posting what happens in the next few days or whenever if it falls off.

Awesome! I would greatly appreciate that. If it doesn't I will probably still buy this since this is a MUST HAVE but I would still prefer to not pay for it yet.

This is why I love sites like Amazon.

KillGore

I still haven't gotten my money back from that pending transaction from them yet. It better at least be going back. I think it's weird you can't change shipping addresses or anything even if it has half a year before release. I want this, but I really don't want my money being held like that right now. =/

Wait, I can't change my address? I'm not sure if I'll be living where I am right now :\ what the hell do I do? I already preordered (and they charged me)

Lucent

Wait, I can't change my address? I'm not sure if I'll be living where I am right now :\ what the hell do I do? I already preordered (and they charged me)

Can I change my shipping address?
Unfortunately, you cannot change your shipping address after you submit your order. Orders with physical shipments are immediately sent to the fulfillment agency when they are submitted and our system can no longer retrieve or change them. If your shipment is not successfully delivered it will be returned to the fulfillment warehouse and a credit will be made to your account.

According to this, you can't...which is stupid. Because I'm not quite sure if I'll still be where I am now in January or not.

Though, you would think there'd be a way because this isn't gonna be shipping for a long time. I dunno how they COULDN'T change it for us. =l

dallow_bg

nods at old men
There definitely has to be a way. Best thing to do is try to get someone on the phone.

EDIT: The text above sounds like it applies to items in stock.

Lucent

There definitely has to be a way. Best thing to do is try to get someone on the phone.

EDIT: The text above sounds like it applies to items in stock.

I think you may be right. It'd make no sense if we couldn't. It'd be the laziest online store I've ever heard of.

DryvBy

I'm a typical dude bro in a lot of games, and a big A'murican gamer who loves gore and junk. This is the most awesome looking game I saw at E3. Can't wait!

Lucent

I'm a typical dude bro in a lot of games, and a big A'murican gamer who loves gore and junk. This is the most awesome looking game I saw at E3. Can't wait!

lol. Nice description. If someone like that can like this game, it must be good. =P

UPDATE: The money is still pending. =/

UPDATE PART 2: Okay, the pending charge has returned to me. All is good unless I move before the game comes out. lol >_<

lol. Nice description. If someone like that can like this game, it must be good. =P

UPDATE: The money is still pending. =/

UPDATE PART 2: Okay, the pending charge has returned to me. All is good unless I move before the game comes out. lol >_<

I paid through Paypal, looks like it's permanent.

Well spotted, I was starting to fear that it would have ended as a Namco shop exclusive in PAL land too... good think Namco doesn't have a regional store for Europe.

RRP seems £80 / €100, very expensive but it should be going down in Amazon - The Hut Group stores. The maximum I want to spend on this is €80.

image.jpg

Looks great. I will pay handsomely for it.

£70!?!?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Standard edition for me. They've really gone overboard with those CE prices and at the same they, they're being overproduced like never before.

Hmmm I think the £70 could just be justified...
The game itself is currently up for pre-order at £36.85.
The book sells separately in Japan for 3,500 yen (which is £27.90)
and the set also comes with the figure and DLC.
So you could see it as:

Game: £35
Book: £25
Figure: £5
DLC: £5

Which, when looked at like that, I'm ok with.

Sinthetic

Hmmm I think the £70 could just be justified...
The game itself is currently up for pre-order at £36.85.
The book sells separately in Japan for 3,500 yen (which is £27.90)
and the set also comes with the figure and DLC.
So you could see it as:

Game: £35
Book: £25
Figure: £5
DLC: £5

Which, when looked at like that, I'm ok with.

I like your style my friend!

Top Bottom