• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Baron

Only 3DS, I'm afraid. The DSi shop doesn't support code redemption (because it's crap)

It is crap, I am afraid. I actively avoid using it if I can, it's the most anti-user friendly thing ever. Too bad about the codes, though.

Screenshot2012-07-01at25745PM.png

Mwahahaha

lol damn, how much nintendo stuff do you buy? I barely get enough to make platinum every year
Not a ton actually. I didn't register anything from 2010 or 2011, so I reached Platinum for this year with old Wii and DS games. Today I registered 6 3DS games and did a lot of post play surveys I had been saving

Still, hooray! Should be simple to reach Platinum within a month or two. Not that I'm super hopeful for either this year's reward or next

Not a ton actually. I didn't register anything from 2010 or 2011, so I reached Platinum for this year with old Wii and DS games. Today I registered 6 3DS games and did a lot of post play surveys I had been saving

Still, hooray! Should be simple to reach Platinum within a month or two. Not that I'm super hopeful for either this year's reward or next

Exactly what I did, have about the same number of coins as you. Too bad America (and possibly Europe but not sure) doesn't get any awesome rewards like Japan does. I had to buy the Kid Icarus CD Selection soundtrack from eBay because Nintendo doesn't want to bring it over. I don't blame them though, soundtrack collection isn't as big here as it is in Japan.

Damn, I kinda envy your position right now. I would've been happier not getting platinum for the last couple years (the prizes were terrible, imo), and I missed 2009 platinum which had the only prize I actually wanted. In any case, here's hoping this year's prize is a good one.

Damn, I kinda envy your position right now. I would've been happier not getting platinum for the last couple years (the prizes were terrible, imo), and I missed 2009 platinum which had the only prize I actually wanted. In any case, here's hoping this year's prize is a good one.
Yeah, I really just lucked out. I did end up getting 2009's Mario Hat. I still wear it when I feel like being a goofy weirdo for no real reason. I definitely didn't care about 2011's pin set though, and I can't remember what 2010's reward was

But yeah, NOA definitely needs to step up their game with Platinum rewards. Giving away Mario pins for customers that spent over $600 on the company in a single year and playing it off like it's some big thank you is just shameful

donny2112

Couple of fun glitches. First the already known Platinum glitch is still in effect!

ClubNintendo_Plat_glitch_20120701_post.jpg

Second, had to get a DSi replaced for a hardware problem, and didn't realize the replacement DSi was available in a sub-account for coins. Just registered it, and while it correctly added 100 coins to the account, they haven't updated the text for the registration, yet. :)

ClubNintendo_SysCoin_glitch_20120701_post.jpg

Drago

2010 reward was the Mario statue

And Club Nintendo Japan gave the pins out in 2010 for Mario's 25th I believe. NoA gave it out in 2011 for shits and giggles :/ Would have preferred something Zelda that year

Zekes!

I only made Gold this/last year :[

I bet I'll make Platinum this year 'cause I plan on buying a 3DS + games, and potentially a Wii U.

Drago

Was Doc Louis any good? From what I saw it looked like it was basically a Punch-Out!! prequel/demo

And that pillow is so cool, haha. I'd be happy with it, but there needs to be more than just Mario for these rewards, and NA CN rewards in general are more often Mario than not. Nintendo is more than just Mario :I

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I had been holding back on registrations since about Christmas. Thankfully, I was able to unload what I had saved up today. So close to Platinum already. 3DS lineup and Wii U launch is going to be make triple Platinum this year.. my wallet. :(

backlot

Was Doc Louis any good? From what I saw it looked like it was basically a Punch-Out!! prequel/demo

And that pillow is so cool, haha. I'd be happy with it, but there needs to be more than just Mario for these rewards, and NA CN rewards in general are more often Mario than not. Nintendo is more than just Mario :I

It was alright. Just one new character to fight. It kind of felt like DLC.

1:1 Crystal Triforce please...
won't ever happen, lmao

I'd be very satisfied if the prize is the pillow though, buying a new house soon and I could just put that on the couch in the gaming room.

So Pikmin 2 was worth 50 coins for like, what? A week? Then they drop it to 30, incredibly cheap on their part.

Free games this month are kinda weak. Not a big Mario sports person and definitely not wasting coins on an Elektroplankton mini "game."

Anyways, I'm ready for Mario sprite pillow but am hoping for an alternate choice (what I wouldn't give for something Kirby or Metroid related).

zroid

Banned
So Pikmin 2 was worth 50 coins for like, what? A week? Then they drop it to 30, incredibly cheap on their part.

hehe, I registered it last night during the ~1 hour window before the values decreased :3

60 coins applied to 2013.

It's not so much "cheap" as following suit with the values of everything else. Henceforth all $20 titles are worth 20 coins, so... I think we're lucky they even put it at 50 to begin with; it could easily have been 20.

Oh god, was 20 coins away and I was sitting on two post-play surveys whyyyy didn't I check earlierrrrr!?

(hope we get neat prizes this year for plat & gold)

smr00

Banned
First year being plat, hopefully they don't disappoint.

What's this i hear about EU getting toad/mario 3DS's? was that a real platinum thing? if so why the fuck aren't we (NA) getting those?

NFreak

I used up more surveys than I wanted this year and I don't remember why..... oh well. I'll have more than enough surveys for this coming year with the ones I saved as well as Wii U. Hope the Platinum Prize this year is cool. I'd be fine with the Mario pillow although I'm getting tired of the Mario themed prizes.

O6hGs.png

Eric C

My first year as a Platinum.

/please do applaud.

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MjTJm.png[/IMG]

bwaaha actually i got nuthing this year. A huge WTF drop off.

EDIT: Actually this can't be right. I definitely bought something in 2012, I can't possibly be having 0 coins. What's going on?
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nbJlN.png?1[/IMG]

It says you got a total of 910 coins in 2012

You have zero coins for 2013. Since July 1st is the start of the Club Nintendo year if you didn't register anything today you're good.

massoluk

Banned
It says you got a total of 910 coins in 2012

You have zero coins for 2013. Since July 1st is the start of the Club Nintendo year if you didn't register anything today you're good.

Yeah, I just noticed it. Thanks. damn that was scary.

Stop bumping this thread peoples of the internet. I keep thinking that the platinum prize is revealled :(

Its cool that the downloadable rewards will be updating atleast twice a week. I'm calling it that on July 7th and 14th there will be 1 new game and they will all expire in three weeks, meaning every week after that there will be a new reward while a old one goes away. It seems like that to me atleast, why else would the two games expire on different days? I'm probably looking to much into it tho...

I have Mario Tennis for 3DS and rarely play on my tv anymore, so I don't see a reason to get Mario Tennis 64, and if I wanted Rec Rec I would buy it for $2 instead of wasting 100 coins on it. Smh. Its to hard to get those coins.

I currently have 490 coins. I still haven't gotten the Mario and DK posters, might get them but I wanna save incase of downloadable goodies D:

I got the Zelda posters and they are awesome...I sadly missed the Zelda 25th anniversary posters :(

I kinda wanted the handheld cards but I don't think I'll go for that. Guess I'll just wait and see for a few more downloads or physical rewards.

I think I'll hold off registering my piled up codes...

I forget, do you get an extended warranty for registering new hardware? Because it's possible I may get a 3DS XL and Wii U within the next 12 months, so I'd want those to go toward my 600.

And there was the situation with the Ocarina of Time 3D. I had to register that quickly to get the soundtrack CD.

And then any stuff I buy with coins that get post plays... no need rushing.

*thinking out loud over here*

Clipper

Glad to see the new thread thriving. We have a proper banner at last, yay, thanks to flippedb. If the prize isn;t announced today, I do expect it tomorrow and would blame it on being Sunday, yeah. Then again, you'd think they'd have it well-prepared.

P1B56.jpg

I owned a DS and Wii back in 09 but sold them both, didn't own another Nintendo product until 2010 when I went crazy with game purchases with both the Wii and DS. But of course was too late to even qualify for 2010's prize. And, truth be told, I was oblivious to the whole Club Nintendo thing anyway. Since then I've amassed well over a hundred games, so getting to Platinum status since then has been rather easy.

Checked my spreadsheet, I have 620 coins' worth of unredeemed coins, not counting the ItB or current post-plays I have. Should reach Platinum easily this year.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have a giant pile of surveys expiring by the next CN year. I need to start trudging through them.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Also, I thought they said Super Mario Galaxy (non-Selects) was going to stay at 50, but now it's only 20 like the Selects title, so I guess that was a mistake.

Wait, did you REGISTER it, or are you just going by the list on the page?

This next plat looks like one hill I can't climb.

Unless megaton buys (white XL, WiiU hop-on) + eshop goodness + freebie points :)

Clipper

Wii U +3DS XL + free Wii U downloads will probably be at least 350 coins. The remaining 250 coins would be three Wii U games and a downloadable title, if you buy them at launch and intend to buy. Add an extra downloadable title if you buy a 3DS game instead of one of the Wii U ones. This ignores the release of any system specific or Club Nintendo satisfaction surveys, which we are due for too. There could even be a limited time bonus for linking your Wii U to its shop like the 40 coin one for the 3DS.

It'll be a cakewalk, seriously.

Top Bottom