• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Care to convert to GMT/CET? :<
Maybe your RO Wizard can help? :eek:

The maint will be:
1 AM - 8 AM UTC
9 PM - 4 AM EDT
6 PM - 1 AM PDT

IMO as a Force you shouldn't aim for the horn; you should use Rabarta and aim for the feet (and occasionally freeze Vol Dragon to the ground) or the tail (so you can defuse his Diablos mode). Learn his tell for the tail swipe, and remember to dodge immediately if you get hit by the tail so you evade the tail coming back.

I'm more likely to use cards to cast rabarta or gibarta fom a distance than I am going melee range, but thanks for the advice.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I look forward to more translations...I have NO idea what the AC purchase options are (nor what they do), and I found a room decoration last night that I'd like to see/understand. On top of that, I found a better rifle but have no idea what stats or attributes I'm increasing by equipping it. Woops!

Emitan

Player list updated.

If you want your Player ID added, write it in the post, since checking it from the Team list would be a lot of work (it's not shown directly when you're offline).

Also, please use the format:
GAF name - Character name - Player name

Thanks. :)

Billiechu - Emmie - Billychu

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
List updated, information about the maintenance added to the op.
Will probably add a section for the road map and updates later.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Definitely check out the PSOW forums for guides and such. Bumped.org directs you to it a few times, and it is DEFINITELY worth checking out (they have a great AC Shop translation up, too).

wwm0nkey

According to Edward the Phantasy Star Twitter is having issues which may or may not be causing a delay on the announcement.

Blueblur1

According to Edward the Phantasy Star Twitter is having issues which may or may not be causing a delay on the announcement.
He says the posts have been delayed for 'reasons'. My guess is the English launch is constantly in flux and is depending on a lot of systems such as billing and having an appropriate support site in place with all the right hooks working in the English language executable.

jtrov

Man, is this game just an incredible amount of fun. I honestly can't wait for the mid-July update and see the new additions. PSO2 already has me hooked and I look forward to sinking many days and hours into the game.

Been playing with a a lot of randoms and meeting friendly people with good success, but I would definitely like to get some runs in with GAF members.

Info here:
jtrov - jtrov - jtrov

My guess is the English launch is constantly in flux and is depending on a lot of systems such as billing and having an appropriate support site in place with all the right hooks working in the English language executable.

Was going to say this as well. There are a lot of pieces that need to be in place besides just translating the game to english.

I played this pretty much all day yesterday. Got to level 15, although I am still in the Caves. I wanted so bad to see the 2 new areas, but I have some playtime left before I can do that I think. More than anything I think I need some people to play with in order to S-rank some of these missions within the allotted time. I am almost ready to fight Vol Dragon and I know from the CBT that it won't be any fun solo. I'll post my info when I get home from work...I forget what I set as my user ID.

Mugaaz

How much content is in this? Is this like the PSU launch where you were effectively locked out of content 30 hours in, with no rares to hunt? How are they releasing/limiting content?

Nishastra

Banned
Image of a Hero is one of the best videogame songs IMO.
That song always brings back great memories.

Another one of my favorites is the character select screen from Episode 3, Gate. I tended to just sit on that screen every time I loaded it up until the song went through at least once :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Congratulations to Vivid, who already got to level 40!

Wow...That was quick...

Unrelated, but when you're looking at your equipment in your bag (taken from bumped.org):

Equip-Weapons.jpg

On the left side there, there's the attack power of 94, and then two other symbols. What I'm guessing is dark element and then some weird symbol. I have a rifle with an element and 1 of those funky symbols.

Any thoughts?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow...That was quick...

Unrelated, but when you're looking at your equipment in your bag (taken from bumped.org):

Equip-Weapons.jpg

On the left side there, there's the attack power of 94, and then two other symbols. What I'm guessing is dark element and then some weird symbol. I have a rifle with an element and 1 of those funky symbols.

Any thoughts?
The colored icon with an image is the element and the one on the right is the amount of "skills" (are they called souls?) the piece of equipment has. Those can range from additional effects, like freeze or poison on weapons to bonus stats.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The colored icon with an image is the element and the one on the right is the amount of "skills" (are they called souls?) the piece of equipment has. Those can range from additional effects, like freeze or poison on weapons to bonus stats.

Oh interesting...So is there a way to tell what a weapon has on it (standard prefixes or whatever) that I can look up?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh interesting...So is there a way to tell what a weapon has on it (standard prefixes or whatever) that I can look up?
When you highlight a weapon, there are 3 tabs on the window. The skills are listed in the bottom part of the first one and explained in the 3rd one.

List updated, PSOW added to the guide section!
Off to bed now, happy hunting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Updating my client now. I'll check it out tonight. Haven't played since closed beta.

Have the horrible V sync issues been fixed? I had to force it via RadeonPro during closed beta.

Let's see if I can tear myself away from Diablo 3 to play a substantial amount.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally found the information on unlocking the third matter board:
After finishing the 2 nodes on the second matter board start the first story quest again and go left at the crossroads.

Updating my client now. I'll check it out tonight. Haven't played since closed beta.

Have the horrible V sync issues been fixed? I had to force it via RadeonPro during closed beta.

Let's see if I can tear myself away from Diablo 3 to play a substantial amount.

I don't know about vsync per se, but supposedly if you run it in "virtual fullscreen" screen tearing disappears completely.

Also, the more important attributes:
&#12497;&#12527;&#12540;: Melee attack up
&#12471;&#12517;&#12540;&#12488;: Ranged attack up
&#12486;&#12463;&#12491;&#12483;&#12463;: Tech attack up

Equipment drops from boss-type enemies (and rappies) will also tend to have attributes ending in &#12477;&#12540;&#12523;, which is essentially a large, fixed buff. For example, Ragne Soul gives +30 to Tech attack. I've also seen a few equipments with a rare attribute, Mutation (something along the lines on &#12511;&#12517;&#12486;&#12540;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531;) that is upgradeable and gives +10 to all three types of attack.

Attributes can be transferred and upgraded at the purple shop, third option on the left guy. Basically you select a piece of equipment to be upgraded, then add two others you want to transfer skills from. The other two equipment you select must have the same number of attribute slots on them (although I've been able to upgrade a 2s weapon with 1s ones before... weird).

Generally speaking you need two of an attribute to transfer. For example, if I wanted to add Ragne Soul on my Striker, I'd need to offer two other equipment with Ragne Soul. Or if I wanted to upgrade Tech 1 to Tech 2 on it, I'd need to offer either two other equipment with Tech 1, or at least one piece of equipment with Tech 2. The higher the level, the better chance at success.

It goes without saying that higher leveled attributes have a lower chance of succeeding. And if you fail an attribute upgrade, you not only lose the attribute altogether but also the attribute slot itself. You can attempt to upgrade the number of slots on an equipment, but this is extremely risky. For example, let's say I was creating a 1s weapon that had 100% of gaining Tech 1. If I, say, wanted to add another attribute, like 60% Freeze 1, overall the chance that I would get both attributes would be 80% for Tech 1 and 45% for Freeze 1. You can occasionally get items through FUN scratch that decrease the risk of failing an attribute transfer. I think it adds something like 5% to each skill?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LOL, I was just about to check my storage when I got booted. Oh well.

I'm glad that virtual full screen eliminates screen tearing entirely. The game runs like a dream now.

Back to Diablo 3, I guess!

ShadiWulf

just got done playing the free forest mission with a friend, shit is intense and amazing. We got into like at least 20 "EMERGENCY" codes. It was just never ending battles against big ass monsters that kill you easily, about 50 minutes of that, then right as we were about to reach the boss, EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE started.

So much EMERGENCY in this game.

Stuff like this makes me love PSO2. Much better then those random small mission levels.

Well, going to read more on adding attributes to weapons now that I got some rare ones to play with for a while.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the game? I activated my account by the same username and password combo isn't working anymore.

Maintenance.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I love how you can be doing a mission in some areas and run across other parties. That's really great.

Question...When do you open free mission/roaming? I want to be able to explore forest and fight the boss at leisure!

ShadiWulf

I love how you can be doing a mission in some areas and run across other parties. That's really great.

Question...When do you open free mission/roaming? I want to be able to explore forest and fight the boss at leisure!

Koffee's second request

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#koffee

Mag License
&#12510;&#12464;&#12521;&#12452;&#12475;&#12531;&#12473;&#25480;&#19982;&#30003;&#35531;&#35430;&#32244;

REQ: Obtain ten &#12501;&#12457;&#12531;&#12460;&#12523;&#12501;&#12398;&#38957;&#35282;×10 Drops from Fongalf
NOTES: These will drop in yellow boxes from Fongalf enemies.
REWARD: A mag!

Free Forest Exploration Request
&#33258;&#30001;&#25506;&#32034;&#35377;&#21487;&#30003;&#35531;&#12539;&#26862;&#26519;

REQ: S Rank “&#12480;&#12460;&#12531;&#27570;&#28357;&#20219;&#21209;&#65306;&#26862;&#26519;” Dagan Extermination in 10 Minutes
REQ: S Rank “&#12490;&#12532;&#12539;&#12521;&#12483;&#12500;&#12540;&#25429;&#29554;&#20219;&#21209;” Nab Rappy Capture in 12 minutes
REQ: Obtain two” &#12490;&#12505;&#12522;&#12454;&#12473;&#35251;&#28204;&#32032;&#23376;A” Naberius Data on any Forest Mission
NOTES: Naberius Data drop in yellow boxes from enemies.
REWARD: Free-Forest Exploration Unlocked

I've been trying to finish the 10-min Dagan mission so I can move to the desert, but it's difficult.

How do you find the most bug-infested areas?

Also, I want to get back in the game, but it's going to be a problem since I'm currently in a house with a limited internet data plan.

ShadiWulf

I've been trying to finish the 10-min Dagan mission so I can move to the desert, but it's difficult.

How do you find the most bug-infested areas.

Also, I want to get back in the game, but I'm currently in a house with a limited internet data plan.

Oh wow, thanks. Apparently she's got a LOT of important quests! I picked up the mag quest a little bit before server went down, so tomorrow, I'll work on it.

like SparksterMeta0 said, the Dagan Extermination mission can be really frustrating. What I tend to do is just go where ever I can find people, the spiders seem more likely to spawn if there is a lot of people in one area. It can be really frustrating though, I know I was cussing under my breath a lot when I failed that mission a few times cause I didn't do it in 10 minutes.

Top Bottom