• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection is going to be a thing

Takao

Banned
iBmGLpEsxQ2z6.jpg
ibgLWcc9faRmuS.jpg

Dimps is handling this collection
Trailer

PR:
DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI HD COLLECTION brings two classic fighting games to Playstation®3 and Xbox 360®

July 5, 2012

NAMCO BANDAI Games to release HD re-master of PlayStation®2 titles DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI and DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI 3 for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® this Winter

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe today announced the return of two of the finest Dragon Ball Z games in the history of the franchise. PlayStation®2 titles Dragon Ball Z Budokai and Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 are being enhanced and re-mastered in HD, and will be released together as Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in Europe this winter.

Originally released in 2002 and 2004 respectively, both games deliver highly charged, unforgettable gameplay experiences, making Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection an essential purchase for new Dragon Ball Z fans as well as those who want to relive the furious battles from the original games. With its intense gameplay and thrilling fight action, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 went on to become the highest rated Dragon Ball Z title on Metacritic, a position it retains to this day.

With enhanced and re-mastered HD visuals, alongside full Trophy and Achievements support, Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection brings two legendary anime fighting titles to the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® for the first time in one great package. No fan of the series can afford to miss it.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection will be powering its way into Europe this coming winter.

For more information on Dragon Ball video games from NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe please visit http://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames.

ibzR5XVEyP1See.jpg

irjtr4ngq9Nsr.jpg

i0vAKHuAJKv2G.jpg

iOTjkKJJCj8sx.jpg

ibyQ5dBBy9lfZ4.jpg

ipQxv0lIm4PDW.jpg

iOe3Ag0zGuXwh.jpg

i1z0UUTfremCZ.jpg

iSYndDxfIuYR7.jpg

iI7QeaRRUaYLF.jpg

iNhzPN4ZhLqV5.jpg

iyvnaLGMGb0Q2.jpg

ig1j4qhXAjTwm.jpg

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1 and Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 make their triumphant debut on next generation consoles in Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection. Remastered in high-definition with full trophy/achievement support, fans can relive these two great games or experience them for the first time in one special collection.

Features

BUDOKAI 1 FEATURES:

Face off with up to 23 mighty DBZ warriors!

60 moves per character including Kamehameha

Fierce fighting modes including Story, Duel & World Match

Follow the DBZ animated series from Saiyan Saga to Android saga!

Includes the authentic Japanese voiceover cast

BUDOKAI 3 FEATURES:

More than 40 characters from DBZ, DBZ movies & Dragon Ball GT

Customize your DBZ warrior & build the ultimate fighter

Saiyan Overdrive Fighting System brings the speed, cinematic attacks & combos, airborne acrobatics & intensity of the DBZ anime

Share character profile passwords for other players to use

Includes the authentic Japanese voiceover cast

UPDATE: PS3/360 release. Budokai + Budokai 3 Trailer featured awful music

Nostal/Trevax of the French Dragon Ball community was given a chance to interview some Spike Chunsoft people on DBZ for Kinect today, and snapped some photos of the (in progress) DBZ booth at Japan Expo:

ftEF3.jpg

hey what's that thing on the right

F5QiY.jpg

"Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection"

We have no knowledge of what games will be included, but the image of Goku used on that banner is the key art from Shin Budokai for PSP. Could be a coincidence because Scamco needed a quick pic of shirtless Goku or something.

Either way, 2012 has been the cheapest year of Scamco releases for this franchise in history.

KillGore

Why would I play Budokai 1 if it has Budokai 3? It's not like there is a story between these games, Budokai 3 > Budokai 2 > Budokai 1

Izick

There was a thread on this a little while back. I haven't played the games in a while so I'm wondering how they aged.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It being a collection makes a magnificent little amount of sense since most people will only want 3. Its not like they all have divergent stories, each one takes the same ol' road.

Still, HD Budokai 3 unnnggggggggg

Best thing ever

Bought DBZ BT3 for wii for 20 bucks sealed at Best Buy about 3 years ago.

Imagine my surprise when I found out how much a sealed copy goes for today. :)

Why, though? I thought people thought of Budokai 3 as the best one (rather than BT3)

Kyon

Banned
SCREAMINGGGG. my favorite DBZ games especially 2-3!!!!!! I hated the new ones in current gen cause they strayed from the original formula :( now I can play the superior games in HD :D

EDIT: Oh BUDOKAI not TENKAICHI? NVM >.>

bjork

I only had Budokai Tenkaichi so I'm not familiar with the differences between the games. Was it just more and more characters each time and that character creator? I want to say there were new animated scenes too, but it's fuzzy.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yes. If you have Budokai 3 there would be no need for Budokai 1. If you have Budokai tenkaichi 3, you don't need the other two. Seems kinda stupid IMO. Just release it on Vita and I'll buy it...

Maybe it only includes Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3. We don't know.

Takao

Banned
Each of the Budokai games do have differences. The first one has the in game rendered cutscenes that no other game has tried to do. It also has what if scenarios like if Cell absorbed Krillin or something. Budokai 2 has the wildly divergent board game story mode, as well as what if fusions like Tiencha, and Gokule. Budokai 3 offers the most refined of the fighting engine prior to Shin Budokai and Infinite World.

I won't be getting rid of my PS2 copies though, since the music from the originals is going to be tossed out for this release.

KillGore

Maybe it only includes Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3. We don't know.

That would be a better choice. Make it happen.

Each of the Budokai games do have differences. The first one has the in game rendered cutscenes that no other game has tried to do. It also has what if scenarios like if Cell absorbed Krillin or something. Budokai 2 has the wildly divergent board game story mode, as well as what if fusions like Tiencha, and Gokule. Budokai 3 offers the most refined of the fighting engine prior to Shin Budokai and Infinite World.

I won't be getting rid of my PS2 copies though, since the music from the originals is going to be tossed out for this release.

The difference are not enough to make a collection of them (IMO). I don't see why anyone would actually choose Budokai 1 over Budokai 3. Just make it Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3

Kokonoe

Banned
I would prefer Infinite World, I know a lot of people haven't played it, but it's Budokai 3 with more stuff + no rock paper scissors gimmick.

kodt

Banned
I liked the Tenkaichi games so much better. Much closer to how the fights actually play in the TV series.

Shit, I've been so out of the loop I've just discovered the rumored sequel to Tenkaichi 3, "Sparking Omega" was a fake. Fuck.

I liked the Tenkaichi games so much better. Much closer to how the fights actually play in the TV series.
Same here.

Seik

Banned
Yes. If you have Budokai 3 there would be no need for Budokai 1.

Well, Budokai 1 have a fantastic story mode, the best in the series imo. Budokai 3 would only make Budukai 2 useless, god, B2 story mode was just so boring. B3 is the best gameplay and roster-wise.

KillGore

Well, Budokai 1 have a fantastic story mode, the best in the series imo. Budokai 3 would only make Budukai 2 useless, god, B2 story mode was just so boring. B3 is the best gameplay and roster-wise.

Yeah, I agree with you there.

Takao

Banned
What?

Why?

This is why. After the scandal broke Scamco reprinted copies of Raging Blast 2 all featured a replacement score even though that's one of the few games we have no evidence of plagiarism taking place in. They don't trust anything he's composed, and those PS2 games do feature stuff that has been called out.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I liked the board game single player from Budokai 2.

And the graphics in Budokai 1 weren't cel-shaded so I think both have something at least interesting to go back to.

Takao

Banned
I liked the board game single player from Budokai 2.

And the graphics in Budokai 1 weren't cel-shaded so I think both have something at least interesting to go back to.

It's really the BT series that has no redeeming factors when moving backwards. The story modes in all of them are rather weak, the gameplay in the first is awful, and the visuals only got better as time went on.

This is why. After the scandal broke Scamco reprinted copies of Raging Blast 2 all featured a replacement score even though that's one of the few games we have no evidence of plagiarism taking place in. They don't trust anything he's composed, and those PS2 games do feature stuff that has been called out.
Oh Jesus Christ

This is pretty messed up. There were a lot of great tracks in thwas games too...

Top Bottom