• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Quick question,

What happens to my game saves if I decide to purchase a digital version of a game that I already own on cart?, will it just replace my current icon and use the old saves?

I installed DD Wipeout over a cartridge Wipeout bubble, and it worked. I needed to redownload the patch though.

To be safe, you should/must copy your old game saves to PC/Mac/PS3 first.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I installed DD Wipeout over a cartridge Wipeout bubble, and it worked. I needed to redownload the patch though.

To be safe, you should/must copy your old game saves to PC/Mac/PS3 first.

Thank you, didn't expect a reply tbh as my post was buried at the end of the last page, these official Vita threads have a really helpful/friendly community <B

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I hope so! :(

Dude I know... I was looking forward to playing it on the Vita. I hate the placement of the analog stick on PSP, it would be so much more comfortable.

That abomination isn't even a real analog stick, it's slidepad or whatever it's called,I still can't believe the day and night difference between playing PSP games on Vita's real sticks and PSP slide pad, it's almost like a complete different experience,whoever invented the slidepad garbage that we got on PSP and 3DS should be ashamed of him/herself.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Okay, God Eater Burst is sex on the Vita.

Honestly almost every PSP game look and play better on Vita, the real sticks alone made Vita the only way to play PSP games(well the few that are available on PS store..where is my UMD player add on?)

It's pretty good, but it doesn't cover the most important aspect of being MH like... The awesome armor

Not fan of the them but I prefer God Eater,it's faster, feel more modern in everythign from combat system to even your options,easier to get into, have some sort of actual story unlike MH(and I like the futuristic setting)

branny

(well the few that are available on PS store..where is my UMD player add on?)
I still want this so bad. I went back to my 2K recently to refresh my memory on Birth by Sleep (because the Dream Drop demo bothered me for some reason), and, wowww, the screen is so not how I remember it. I went on a mini-adventure trying some of my digital games after that and got really sad. The response time and ghosting bothered me as much as the washed out colors. :(((

I still want this so bad. I went back to my 2K recently to refresh my memory on Birth by Sleep (because the Dream Drop demo bothered me for some reason), and, wowww, the screen is so not how I remember it. I went on a mini-adventure trying some of my digital games after that and got really sad. The response time and ghosting bothered me as much as the washed out colors. :(((

Once you go OLED you can't go back.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

if it was early 2000s Gameshark would have made one by now.

Once you go OLED you can't go back.

for me it's more about the real sticks (and superior face buttons and d-pad) and Vita's comfortable shape/design than just the screen,PSP was just not good to play games on.

So I played a little Kenka Bancho and I loved being able to map the camera controls to the right stick. Unfortunately, it's inverted and I didn't see any way to fix that. I'm guessing I just have to live with it.

So i jumped on a used vita from amazon warehouse today. Also got a cheap 16gb card and a new copy of Hot Shots. So by tuesday I will be in the Vita game! I'm quite excited.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So i jumped on a used vita from amazon warehouse today. Also got a cheap 16gb card and a new copy of Hot Shots. So by tuesday I will be in the Vita game! I'm quite excited.

Congrats, welcome to the Vita club ( we are like five people now unless if you bought it from one of us who returned it to amazon then we are still 4) .

and get Gravity Rush next time it's goty so far.

Congrats, welcome to the Vita club ( we are like five people now unless if you bought it from one of us who returned it to amazon then we are still 4) .

and get Gravity Rush next time it's goty so far.

Oh, I will be getting Gravity Rush for sure. I just need to decide if I want to get the digital version or not.

spannicus

Ok guys how are we compared to nVidias Tegra 3? I was looking at Neko Entertainments facebook page and they showed a few nvidia tegra 3 mobile games that look amazing, and I know the Vita can do it.

spannicus

I still can't believe there no video of Madden yet. What a complete PR failure

Seems that many Vita games are kept in the dark. Madden releases next month. I think the developers are taking the lazy route with the Vita and not fully grasping its awesomeness. I do have faith in the KillZone game we are supposed to be getting for some reason.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Ok guys how are we compared to nVidias Tegra 3? I was looking at Neko Entertainments facebook page and they showed a few nvidia tegra 3 mobile games that look amazing, and I know the Vita can do it.

You've gotta be kidding me.

I'm posting this on my Asus Transformer Prime (a tegra 3 tablet) and I can honestly say that gaming on the Vita shits all over this thing. No bias either, I love my tablet, but android/ios gaming doesn't even come close.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So I got Where is my Heart,Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and Pix'n Love Rush.

is there anything else as good as these I should get?

It's not, at least not everywhere. Also, it's not even on sale at the PS Store anymore. Sega pulled it out.

then maybe it's one of games that allow for Hacks/Exploits.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's a vertical puzzle shoot 'em up and it's not up on the US Vita store at the moment. You will have to copy it over from a PS3.

wah? do not want.

gimme an action adventure with the real and only Velocity.

fjLTb.jpg

Famassu

wah? do not want.

gimme an action adventure with the real and only Velocity.
It's your loss. It's one of the best games to come out in 2012. Great gameplay (at times it feels mole like a racer with shooting than a shoot 'em up of any kind), great level design and superb music.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's your loss. It's one of the best games to come out in 2012. Great gameplay (at times it feels mole like a racer with shooting than a shoot 'em up of any kind), great level design and superb music.

so it's not traditional shump...that very interesting.

Why it's not on the Vita store?

It isn't on the Vita store because SCEA are having trouble with getting PSP games and minis approved on the Vita store. It will get there eventually though. I haven't played many PS minis, but Velocity is my favorite so far.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Hmmm this does not make sense
I know, considering the case adds a bit more bulk. The analog sticks just make it difficult to fit, whereas with the case it slides in just fine. It's too large to keep in my pockets comfortably though.

MarkusRJR

I just realized I haven't touched my Vita since launch. I own a ton of PSP games from PSN and Uncharted, WipeOut, Katamari, and Rayman Origins. What's come out since then that's good? I tried the demos for both Gravity Rush and Resistance and they were both kind of "meh". I couldn't get a handle on the gravity controls with GR, and Resistance was just a bad game from what I played.

I can't wait to buy Persona 4 Golden, but what else is coming to the Vita?

EDIT: Fuck my life, I would be on the bottom of the page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom