• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed: The Run (PS3/360) - $4.99 at Best Buy

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
$5 is worth trying it out, there's some cool parts but the QTE parts is ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes, for 5 dollars I am down. Had not planned on paying a penny more than $10.00 for it, so $4.99 is great. I wanted to play it, but seeing that Young Jeffery over at Giantbomb said it was like 3.5 hours long at most, there was no way I was going to pay more than like $10 for this. I am not a big fan of online with NFS games, so the 3.5 SP is the only thing I am interested in.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Hah, I ordinarily wouldn't have bought this game even for $5, but the PS3 version has Lexus LFA as an exclusive (along with 6 other cars) so... couldn't resist

fse

Cool, bought the ps3 ver.
How do you find out about these, their DoTD page hasn't listed it :eek:

Cool, bought the ps3 ver.
How do you find out about these, their DoTD page hasn't listed it :eek:

From CheapAssGamer users snipermike and Midnightmetal - they provide the info days before the deals even go up.

Resistance 3 will be the DotD on July 20th for $9.99 for those interested.

5 dollars and the promise of it being short sounds good enough for me. Thanks for the heads up, I never travel to Bestbuy's website.

Afrikan

So I got the PS3 version...I was always interested in this because I was hoping it would be like NFS 1 where it was more point-to-point racing. :D

Daigoro

$5 is worth trying it out, there's some cool parts but the QTE parts is ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

QTE in a racing game? fuuuuuck. oh well its $5. bought.

this has been the cheapest gen for discount software ever. i have bought more games for $10-$20 or less than in any other generation. its ridiculous.

i was going to make a thread about it, but im lazy.

PS3 version bought.

I remember when all the reviewers were saying 3.5 hour of racing and everyone bashing it because of that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't The Run a race across America so no tracks are revisited during the singleplayer, meaning it's 3.5 hours of unique racing? Take all the tracks from most racers and race once on all of them and see how long that takes. . .

How are the trophies/achievements?

I played through it just yesterday, 495G, the remaining achievements are fairly hard though.

I bought this game recently and it's really underrated. The singleplayer is fun and a very original idea. It should have lasted a little longer though, but I really enjoyed travelling through the USA and the story was kind of fun.

$5? I couldn't afford not to buy it. I never thought I would get it but if I just paid $10 for Batman: Arkham City in the Steam sale then it makes no sense for me to not get NFS for $5. Is it a Criterion game? No, but that is still a damn good deal.

mozfan12

Banned
Bought, at 5 bucks free shipping I'm willing to try almost any video game. Any impressions? Is the 2 hour career at least decent?

saladine1

Initially, I didn't 'feel' the game when I first played it....I went on and finished twice in a row.

The vistas alone are worth it..

Keikaku

Does this game have circuits or are the races just point to point. I'm mainly concerned with replay value.
No circuits, all point-to-point. There is some replay value in some of the segments though.

I will say that, for $5, it's a fun game to play through. I replayed some segments simply for the vistas. They are truly breathtaking. It's a crime that this game was released for anything over $30 though. There simply isn't enough racing going on and, for me at least, the fact that it's barely 3 hours in length overrides any visual treats in it.

For $5 it's a great deal!

Top Bottom