• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Darkmakaimura
(07-29-2012, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Tomat

Does it feel like a lot of people have already forgotten about this whole thing? Maybe I'm just exaggerating since things have quieted down a little bit.

Not much information right now. The court date is the 30th. You got big stuff going down in Anaheim that's taking precedence. Even this thread is at a crawl now.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(07-29-2012, 05:37 AM)

Does it feel like a lot of people have already forgotten about this whole thing? Maybe I'm just exaggerating since things have quieted down a little bit.

Olympics taking lots of news time, and there honestly is not much new to report. Only things that have happened this week have been the funerals, which have seen heavy coverage here in Denver.
kyoya
(07-29-2012, 05:44 AM)

I hate to break this, but there is more bad news. The woman who lost her 6-year-old daughter and was critically wounded (neck and abdomen) has suffered a miscarriage due to her injuries:

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-seriousl...020113470.html

I think I need a drink.
Mr. Enigma
(07-29-2012, 05:46 AM)
Does that make the death toll officially 13?
Fiction
Stranger than a lot of things.
(07-29-2012, 05:46 AM)

Originally Posted by kyoya

I hate to break this, but there is more bad news. The woman who lost her 6-year-old daughter and was critically wounded (neck and abdomen) has suffered a miscarriage due to her injuries:

I think I need a drink.

Christ, that poor woman. Hopefully she pulls through.
Pandemic
(07-29-2012, 06:26 AM)
Not sure if this has been posted,
'Guns don't kill people... I kill people': Police foil 'copycat killer' wearing sinister T-shirt who called himself 'The Joker' and wanted to 'see boss's brains splattered on the floor'

Police have foiled what they believed could have been another Aurora-scale massacre after a man who called himself 'a joker' and had an arsenal of semi-automatic rifles threatened to shoot up the business from which he was being fired.

Neil Prescott, of Crofton, Maryland, was wearing a T-shirt that read 'Guns don't kill people. I do,' when first confronted by officers on Thursday, police revealed today.

The man, identified in a search warrant, told a supervisor at software and mailroom supplier Pitney Bowes that, 'I'm a joker and I'm gonna load my guns and blow everybody up,' and that he wanted to see the supervisor's 'brain splatter on the floor.'

The threats were made multiple times in separate phone calls this week, and investigators who searched the 28-year-old's apartment this morning found several thousand rounds of ammunition and about two dozen semi-automatic rifles and pistols.

The arsenal of weapons included one assault rifle, two shotguns, nine handguns and three rifles, according to the search warrant.

Prescott is receiving a psychiatric evaluation at a hospital and charges are still pending.

Can't seem to post the stories link.
Soka
(07-29-2012, 06:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Fiction

Christ, that poor woman. Hopefully she pulls through.

I just read that the same woman (who had a miscarriage, lost her 6 year old daughter, and is currently fighting to stay alive) hasn't even been told that her 6 year old died. She's been in and out of consciousness it seems and with all the other trauma she's physically and emotionally dealing with, I guess they decided now is not the time to break the bad news to her. That poor woman. =\
Rabid Wolverine
(07-29-2012, 03:03 PM)

I think I need a drink.

Damn :(
feel
(07-29-2012, 03:07 PM)

I think I need a drink.

Fuck, poor woman. :( :(
killertofu
(07-29-2012, 11:30 PM)

Saw this floating around my Facebook feed.
cheststrongwell
my cake, fuck off
(07-29-2012, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by killertofu

What do they call Asians?
boutdown
(07-29-2012, 11:41 PM)
I think that was posted somewhere in this thread if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I hate that guy's face.
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(07-29-2012, 11:42 PM)
that's dumb
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
(07-30-2012, 04:36 PM)
He's gonna be in court in a few minutes.
G0523
(07-30-2012, 07:09 PM)
Apparently, Holmes has been charged with multiple accounts of murder. NBC News
Honestly, I didn't think they would charge him this fast. Thought it'd be a much slower process.
reggieandTFE
(07-30-2012, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by killertofu

I'm as far left and as "politically correct" as they come, but I think this is stupid. If he had some political treatise written out then I believe we can start calling him a terroist. Let's waste our energies on situations where blatant hypocrisy is ignored: ie., the anti-government libertarian who flew a plane into an IRS building. He was crazy and a terroist.
JeTmAn81
(07-30-2012, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by G0523

Honestly, I didn't think they would charge him this fast. Thought it'd be a much slower process.

Looks like he's been charged with 24 counts of murder, as well as a bunch of other charges including over 100 charges of attempted murder. I have to admit I don't understand why the number of murders is double the number of people he killed.
Last edited by JeTmAn81; 07-30-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Shadow2222
(07-30-2012, 07:48 PM)

Originally Posted by JeTmAn81

Looks like he's been charged with 24 counts of murder, as well as a bunch of other charges including over 100 charges of attempted murder. I have to admit I don't understand why the number of murder is double the number of people he killed.

I'm assuming they charged him with both 1st and 2nd degree murder for each one, resulting in the double count. However, I'm clueless about the attempted murder.
Darkmakaimura
(07-30-2012, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by G0523

Can anybody design a fucking website anymore? I click on the link and tons of garbage comes up, freezes the site and doesn't let me scroll down and comes up with their terms and conditions. These are supposed to be professional websites but they look and function like complete ass.

116 counts of attempted murder. This dude is fried or going away forever.
RDreamer
(07-30-2012, 07:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Shadow2222

I'm assuming they charged him with both 1st and 2nd degree murder for each one, resulting in the double count. However, I'm clueless about the attempted murder.

Well, he did attempt to murder everyone in the theater, not just those who did die or were injured.
JumpingTheGun
Banned
Is he still claiming amnesia?
JeTmAn81

It looks like first degree murder is premeditated, and second degree is when it was not premeditated or planned in advance. I find it hard to understand how you could kill someone having both planned it and not planned it in advance. There must be another explanation. The attempted murder charges are for everyone he didn't manage to kill, both in the movie theater and with his booby traps.
Gradivus
(07-30-2012, 08:06 PM)

I think I need a drink.

Poor lady, she still hasn't heard the news about her daughter's dead as well :(.
I H8 Memes
(07-30-2012, 08:18 PM)
It's weird that they also charged him with 116 counts of attempted muder. It's also exactly double the number of wounded. Must be along the same reasoning of the double murder charges.
Daydream Sequence
Banned
(07-30-2012, 08:30 PM)
That's 12 counts of first degree murder, and 12 counts of murder with extreme indifference. Same distinction is made with the attempted murder charges. Thus the doubling.
Dark Octave
Banned
(07-30-2012, 08:46 PM)
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/dou...165900852.html

A week after losing her 6-year-old daughter, Veronica, in the horrific Aurora movie massacre, Ashley Moser suffered a second tragedy.

The 25-year-old mom, who was critically wounded when a gunman opened fire at a Colorado Dark Knight Rises premiere, suffered a miscarriage as a result of her injuries this past weekend.

''Ashley Moser is recovering from an additional surgery she had this morning,'' read a statement from the Aurora Medical Center, where she's been receiving treatment. ''Tragically, the extreme trauma she sustained also caused a miscarriage."

Crazy.
Last edited by Dark Octave; 07-31-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Onemic
(07-30-2012, 10:40 PM)
What's with people saying that this was all staged and is just a hoax? It's getting top comments on youtube now
Steelrain
(07-30-2012, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by onemic

What's with people saying that this was all staged and is just a hoax? It's getting top comments on youtube now

Conspiracy nuts. Anytime you see bullshit buzzwords like "psyop" used in a sentence, it's probably one of those losers.
BY2K
(07-30-2012, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Dark Octave

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/dou...165900852.html

Crazy.

Fucking hell. Poor woman.
Kevtones
(07-30-2012, 11:03 PM)
When does he enter his plea?
Pandemic
(07-31-2012, 02:16 AM)
Did they have cameras inside the courtroom today?
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(07-31-2012, 02:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Pandemic

Did they have cameras inside the courtroom today?

Nope. Probably smart movie from the judge. No reason to give this guy reasonable stuff for a change of venue.

Ugh, I haven't had jury duty in a while. Don't even want to think how large a pool they're going to call in.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(07-31-2012, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by JeTmAn81

It looks like first degree murder is premeditated, and second degree is when it was not premeditated or planned in advance. I find it hard to understand how you could kill someone having both planned it and not planned it in advance. There must be another explanation. The attempted murder charges are for everyone he didn't manage to kill, both in the movie theater and with his booby traps.

Maybe it's just so he can accept making a guilty plea for 12 murders instead of 24. Raise the charge, then lower it for a guilty plea.
carfo
(07-31-2012, 02:52 AM)

really? he would have taken out every single person in that theater if he had his way, he attempted to murder them all. hopefully you have a clue now.
toxicgonzo
Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
(07-31-2012, 03:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

Maybe it's just so he can accept making a guilty plea for 12 murders instead of 24. Raise the charge, then lower it for a guilty plea.

But why? Whatever happens - whether he be charged for 12 murders or 24, he is going away for a long time or getting the death penalty (I'm not sure about Colorado law)
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(07-31-2012, 03:09 AM)

Originally Posted by toxicgonzo

But why? Whatever happens - whether he be charged for 12 murders or 24, he is going away for a long time or getting the death penalty (I'm not sure about Colorado law)

Colorado does have the Death Penalty, but the DA has stated they will go over it with the families before deciding as Colorado law allows a long appeals process, and a death sentence could drag out for over 20 years. We have a guy who committed a mass murder in 1993 who's still going through appeals.
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(07-31-2012, 03:13 AM)
I hate to devil's advocate a shitbag psycho, but charging anyone with 2 counts of a crime for a single crime is dumb.
RiccochetJ
(07-31-2012, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Timedog

I hate to devil's advocate a shitbag psycho, but charging anyone with 2 counts of a crime for a single crime is dumb.

They want to make sure that this bastard never sees the light of day.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(07-31-2012, 03:22 AM)

People can't cope with the idea that someone would just up and do this, and so try to explain it away as something that was done by someone who could "pull it off" so they choose something big like the government.

It's like they can't believe someone so "minor" could cause so much tragedy.

Also, I hope he gets life. No death penalty. Don't drop to his fucking level, we're better than petty gangbanger-level revenge.
Emerson
May contain jokes =>
(07-31-2012, 03:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Timedog

I kind of agree. I hate seeing somebody get charged with not only "assault and battery" but "brandishing a weapon" "disorderly conduct" and "being a douche" too.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(07-31-2012, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Daydream Sequence

That's 12 counts of first degree murder, and 12 counts of murder with extreme indifference. Same distinction is made with the attempted murder charges. Thus the doubling.

I've never heard this term before. Its fitting though.

And how about attempted murder counts fro everyone in that theater?

Originally Posted by I H8 Memes

It's weird that they also charged him with 116 counts of attempted muder. It's also exactly double the number of wounded. Must be along the same reasoning of the double murder charges.

Gotcha.
carfo
(07-31-2012, 04:56 AM)
Amnesia...really?

I can't believe that's his excuse. The whole surrendering thing in full body armor still makes no sense to me.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(07-31-2012, 05:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Steelrain

Conspiracy nuts. Anytime you see bullshit buzzwords like "psyop" used in a sentence, it's probably one of those losers.

I agree the idea that it's a conspiracy is bullshit, but don't tell me this guy isn't bullshitting everyone trying to get some sort of fame out of this.

This guy is ACTING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNcAMRAePZk

Trying to get attention out of this. You can tell even the interviewer realizes this. When the guy tries to end the interview, the guy starts to ramble endlessly to stay on the air. He constantly talks over the interviewer trying to prevent him from asking questions so he can just carry on rambling.

What a shitty actor.
Last edited by Ether_Snake; 07-31-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Kung Fu Grip
Banned
(07-31-2012, 04:26 PM)

Have you seen this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDRdD...eature=related
Alucrid
(07-31-2012, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Steelrain

what if they're talking about the ps2 game
Onemic
(07-31-2012, 10:05 PM)

I agree the idea that it's a conspiracy is bullshit, but don't tell me this guy isn't bullshitting everyone trying to get some sort of fame out of this.

This guy is ACTING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNcAMRAePZk

Trying to get attention out of this. You can tell even the interviewer realizes this. When the guy tries to end the interview, the guy starts to ramble endlessly to stay on the air. He constantly talks over the interviewer trying to prevent him from asking questions so he can just carry on rambling.

What a shitty actor.

When someone was just in a theatre with a guy shooting at everyone beside you and you're being interviewed hours later, I think you're entitled to ramble your ass off.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(08-01-2012, 01:33 AM)

When someone was just in a theatre with a guy shooting at everyone beside you and you're being interviewed hours later, I think you're entitled to ramble your ass off.

That guy is a liar.
carfo
(08-01-2012, 01:44 AM)

That guy is a liar.

WTF? Someone here posted a video of this guy giving an "inspiring" closing speech, and it turns out he acted the whole thing out?? wtf?? what a disgusting person. His face is all over the internet, hope he gets noticed and called out on it every day of his life.
Onemic
(08-01-2012, 03:33 AM)

Originally Posted by carfo

WTF? Someone here posted a video of this guy giving an "inspiring" closing speech, and it turns out he acted the whole thing out?? wtf?? what a disgusting person. His face is all over the internet, hope he gets noticed and called out on it every day of his life.

No that's conspiracy theorists. Unless there's proof it was a lie, I'd believe him over people that want to make every situation something that was thought of by the govt/CIA
replicashooter
Banned
(08-01-2012, 05:20 PM)
Is this site real?

http://jamesholmeswiki.com/james-holmes-parents-robert/

This is the biography and resume of Robert Holmes who is the Colorado Shooter’s father. What is the link between this man and the killings?

Job Occupation. Senior Lead Scientist at Fair Isaac. He spent his entire life in the financial and credit services. His educational background shows exceptional emphasis on Mathematics.He has an extensive educational background. It is reported that he was about to go before Congress to testify against a banking scandal. Robert Holmes current position with FICO involves him handling Fraud.