• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Well I was going to just order one since I didn't want to wait for the RAPV.5 but it looks like there isn't any sticks in stock anywhere except ebay price gouging. ):

You missed out by 2 days on the pre-order for the USFIV T2 but the MadCatz one should appear this week or next week according to MarkMan.

However with the TE2 having a shipping date around the end of March, the Hori HRAP V4 Kai should come out at the same time. In scheduled for March in the U.K., should be the same here (I hope!).

You can always import from Japan if you are ready to pay for the shipping. They are more available there at the moment.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I guess I'll try Xrd with the DS4 for now until I can get something, but I haven't played a fighter with a controller since Vanilla SFIV came out and it feels awkward to me.

I got mine last week.

That sucks, man. :( :( Have you PM'ed Markman? I know he checks the thread, but maybe he missed your message.

Or just say his name 3 times in the mirror or something.

Ah damnit. Yea I PM'd him and opened up a ticket with Madcatz.

Maybe I should quote all his posts so he can see a big green wall of quotes haha.

Ah damnit. Yea I PM'd him and opened up a ticket with Madcatz.

Maybe I should quote all his posts so he can see a big green wall of quotes haha.

I'm having the same problem I put in a pre-order for a USF4 TE2 since that website went conkers while trying to buy a Xrd stick of not getting email confirmation and errors but having charges on my bank account for authorization. No one has gotten back to me after emailing support and posting in this thread. I understand people are busy but I have missed out on a stick for 2 months now due to problems with their website among other things.

I have bought 3 sticks from them since they started making TEs and have never had any major problems until now. Working at a company that focuses on customer service excellence setting themselves apart from competitors this is the WORST service I have received as far as gaming companies in my whole time gaming. I do not want to go elsewhere to buy sticks as I like the Mad Catz sticks but these last 2 months they are making it hard to keep sticking around trying to get one only to fail due to some online store related issue and not returning inquiry emails. I have never tried to do business with a company that does not want my service as much as MadCatz is making it seem.

I may sound whiny and agitated and I apologize if I come off that way but as a customer this is getting beyond ridiculous. I refuse to buy one second hand as they are clearly price gougers looking for profit and are adding to my poor experience these last few months.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Sorry I've been away/out of office the past few days. Been sick :(

I'm back in the office now and will reply. Also! We are trying to get the Mad Catz versions of preorders online today (or Monday). Sorry for the wait. We have some of the TE2 parts in too and will take pics of them next week before putting them on sale.

Also, EDIT: Your best bet is to always contact support directly for an answer. I browse/check here on my own and not as regularly as I'd like to. So I will help/push where I can.

Sorry I've been away/out of office the past few days. Been sick :(

I'm back in the office now and will reply. Also! We are trying to get the Mad Catz versions of preorders online today (or Monday). Sorry for the wait. We have some of the TE2 parts in too and will take pics of them next week before putting them on sale.

Also, EDIT: Your best bet is to always contact support directly for an answer. I browse/check here on my own and not as regularly as I'd like to. So I will help/push where I can.

It's been going around. Hope you are feeling better.

I will try and contact them directly and see what is going on with my purchase attempts. Is it possible for them to take my payment over the phone if they can't figure out my issue?

Vans

Hey everyone,

So I got a Playstation 4 this Christmas and a gift card to get myself the PS4 version of Guilty Gear Xrd but I don't have an arcade stick for it, so I'm stuck with the PS3 version at the moment.

I live in Mexico and ever since the first Madcatz TE came out I haven't been able to order one for myself online, only HORIs have come through with shipping via third parties. Does anyone know what my options are for ordering a TE2 and having it shipped for a reasonable price? Don't wanna break the bank. :(

Edzi

Hey everyone,

So I got a Playstation 4 this Christmas and a gift card to get myself the PS4 version of Guilty Gear Xrd but I don't have an arcade stick for it, so I'm stuck with the PS3 version at the moment.

I live in Mexico and ever since the first Madcatz TE came out I haven't been able to order one for myself online, only HORIs have come through with shipping via third parties. Does anyone know what my options are for ordering a TE2 and having it shipped for a reasonable price? Don't wanna break the bank. :(

According to MarkMan, some Mad Catz brand TE2s should be going up for preorder today or Monday. Just keep an eye on this thread.

Vans

Do they ship to Mexico though?

Edit: It says United States & Canada, same deal as always. Guess I'll keep being out of luck forever? :(

Skilletor

Before I thought I'd get a second TE2, I decided to have a padhack done on an empty case I had laying around:

magnus_stick_zps5p9ulvuo.jpg~original

Came out looking a lot better than I thought it would.

Kysen

A word of warning to those importing a TE2 stick from Japan to the UK, import tax is a bitch(customs). The GG stick I imported cost £130 + £60 shipping(EMS) and was then hit for £51 from Parcelforce customs fee. In total costs around the same as my g27 lol.

A word of warning to those importing a TE2 stick from Japan to the UK, import tax is a bitch(customs). The GG stick I imported cost £130 + £60 shipping(EMS) and was then hit for £51 from Parcelforce customs fee. In total costs around the same as my g27 lol.

You must be new to importing if you didn't factor in taxes. Anything over £50 almost never slips in under the tax radar let alone £100.

devo1989

That's a bummer, pretty shitty the UK madcatz site still doesn't even mention the PS4 TE2...

Korezo

Who ever got a TE2 stick I recommend taking off the cheap plexiglass. I looked at my stick and saw a bunch of marks on the art, so I removed the plexiglass and saw permanent dmg to the art... tons of scuff marks. Stupidest addition.

LegatoB

Who ever got a TE2 stick I recommend taking off the cheap plexiglass. I looked at my stick and saw a bunch of marks on the art, so I removed the plexiglass and saw permanent dmg to the art... tons of scuff marks. Stupidest addition.
Yeah, the TE2's included plexi is a cute idea, but the quality is crap. Bought a replacement from Art's Hobbies; it's a lot firmer and not nearly as sensitive to moisture or whatever the heck happened with the stock one.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I know some people showed interest in the TYPE N panel (noir style layout). It will be available in March.

I wanted the USF4 one a little more but I want to make sure I have something by the time USF4 PS4 comes out so I'll take it.

EDIT: Just preordered, but I must admit, seeing that late April release date is making me think about eventually canceling and getting the Hori as well. But I'll probably stick with the MCZ stick because I see that Hori is using hayabusa sitck and kuro buttons. I am interested in trying them out but I rather have something familiar as my first stick on a new system.

vg260

Ugh. Not out until late April, just for different art? It's too bad they didn't say this would be out a month after the Ultra ones while those pre-orders were up.
Well, pretty certain I'm going for one of the Hori sticks much earlier.

Edzi

Here's a link to their policies. I've never needed to cancel anything, so I can't personally give an opinion. But based on the text they're definitely not as cancel or return friendly (for non-damaged goods) as somewhere like Amazon, of course, which can afford to deal with cancellations up until the moment something ships.

Geez, this sounds like it's going to be a hassle... Hopefully they don't give me too much trouble, seeing as it's just a preorder and they're not even due by late March.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I wanted the USF4 one a little more but I want to make sure I have something by the time USF4 PS4 comes out so I'll take it.

EDIT: Just preordered, but I must admit, seeing that late April release date is making me think about eventually canceling and getting the Hori as well. But I'll probably stick with the MCZ stick because I see that Hori is using hayabusa sitck and kuro buttons. I am interested in trying them out but I rather have something familiar as my first stick on a new system.

If you have friends that go to events. I think we will be at Winter Brawl and will have some for sale there (USF4/GGXrd/P4U2). We saved an allocation of sticks for shows and FGC events.

If you have friends that go to events. I think we will be at Winter Brawl and will have some for sale there (USF4/GGXrd/P4U2). We saved an allocation of sticks for shows and FGC events.

I might be at Final Round, will you guys probably be there with some sticks for sale?

I'm with ya man. I definitely prefer Hori's simple designs over the other guys. I fucking can't stand plexi, so they're really the only option out there these days.

I actually love plexi tops, provided it's implemented properly. By which I mean thick, hard plexi that's semi-structural to the chassis itself.

Good plexi implementations:
- Razer Atrox
- Hori Fighting Edge
- Etokki Omni
- Mayflash MF002
- Jasen's Panzer Wide

I think the industry as a whole can learn a lot from the Mayflash MF002, but that's just me as an engineer in their day job.

Now we're talking! Looks like a panel mount embedded mITX PC is bolted to the side of the IKEA MICKE as well.

If only the Micomsoft XAC-1 (more details) wasn't effectively impossible to acquire outside of Japan. I'd already have a pair of XAC-1 if they were available/affordable in the States.

I'm on mobile so maybe I missed it, but it seems like they run one pcb through 1000 tests. Not multiple units of the same pcb through multiple tests.

If that's the case then those aren't valid results.

Definitely don't care enough to wade through srk to find the answer.

I do find it odd that sample size questions, especially involving testing mass market devices, isn't addressed on the website, if in fact it isnt

Skilletor

Definitely don't care enough to wade through srk to find the answer.

I do find it odd that sample size questions, especially involving testing mass market devices, isn't addressed on the website, if in fact it isnt

Yeah, awhile back, I showed the test to some of my more tech saavy friends and they weren't impressed by dude's methods. I trust them more than this guy's findings.

Chinbo37

Sorry total stick noob here.

Was thinking about getting a fight stick for my PC and finally learning how to play with a stick before SF5 comes out. However I would also love for it to also work with my X360 AND/OR PS3 as well as possible compatibility with PS4 in the future.

Is that even possible?

DasRaven

Sorry total stick noob here.

Was thinking about getting a fight stick for my PC and finally learning how to play with a stick before SF5 comes out. However I would also love for it to also work with my X360 AND/OR PS3 as well as possible compatibility with PS4 in the future.

Is that even possible?

Your limiting factor will be PS4 support. So far there are no retail sticks that support PS4 and 360. There are several that support PS4/PS3/PC.
There are several third party sticks and DIY PCBs that support PS3/360/PC, I have one for sale like that, PM if you're interested.
So, you'll have to decide what you will play on the most and buy to those needs.

Personally, I'm looking to pick up a PS4/PS3/PC stick to replace my PS3/360/PC stick once it sells since I'm pretty much done with last-gen fighters.

Chinbo37

Ok great, thanks for that info.

While I think about system compatibility, one last question.

Most stick come with a ball top but I think I prefer the bat top. When picking a stick how do I know how easy they are to customize?

DasRaven

Ok great, thanks for that info.

While I think about system compatibility, one last question.

Most stick come with a ball top but I think I prefer the bat top. When picking a stick how do I know how easy they are to customize?

For the most common, Sanwa and Seimitsu joysticks, there is a simple adapter included when you buy a proper bat top. Here's the Sanwa most folks use, but there are plenty of others.

braves01

Banned
I got my Persona stick today I love it!

I got mine, yesterday and feel mostly the same. I might post some pics tomorrow just 'cause.

Pros:
  • The art looks great (though I'm probably gonna replace it. PM me if you can make a TE2 version of the Tekken TE-S art!!)
  • So easy to swap buttons and stick and art
  • I like the size. The bigger the better!

Cons:
  • Pretty minor, but I think the foam on my FE is higher quality
  • I think my FE is more comfortable, but I recognize there's a bit of trade-off in comfort to accommodate mod-ability

gunstarhero

Any GG TE2 stick owners notice the plexi on top of the art shifts a little while playing? A little annoying - wondering if taking it off would be better (but I don't want to damage the art).

FireSol

I finally found what I dislike in HRAP V4, its the stick itself, it's my firts stick and I cant compare it to others, but from my feelings the stick is tighter than it should be, its because its new or its normal for Hayabusa sticks? Is there any ways no make stick more responsive?

Skilletor

I finally found what I dislike in HRAP V4, its the stick itself, it's my firts stick and I cant compare it to others, but from my feelings the stick is tighter than it should be, its because its new or its normal for Hayabusa sticks? Is there any ways no make stick more responsive?

Hayabusa are one of the most responsive sticks, and typically come with a very light weight spring. Every hayabusa I've got, and I have like 5 or 6, I would consider loose.

I guess I wonder what kind of issues you're having? Have you played on a stick before? What makes you say it isn't responsive?

BOTEC

Hayabusa are one of the most responsive sticks, and typically come with a very light weight spring. Every hayabusa I've got, and I have like 5 or 6, I would consider loose.

I guess I wonder what kind of issues you're having? Have you played on a stick before? What makes you say it isn't responsive?

Sure, but they do fool tighter than a JLF. Hori always tries for a middle ground between Sanwa and Seimitsu I feel.

FireSol, maybe you should try out a Sanwa lever. Fast and smooth.

Skilletor

Sure, but they do fool tighter than a JLF. Hori always tries for a middle ground between Sanwa and Seimitsu I feel.

FireSol, maybe you should try out a Sanwa lever. Fast and smooth.

Disagree. The ones I have all come much looser than a stock sanwa.

I wouldn't recommend a person new on sticks try a different one until they're used to playing on one. For a new person, I don't think it'd make much difference. It's not until you're used to playing on one that you really develop a preference. Could be that he's pressing far too hard and not letting it return to neutral for inputs, or just putting far more weight on it in general, "riding the gate." Could be that he's just not used to sticks and needs to take some time to get acclimated.

Top Bottom