• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

k_Reign

6BwwP.png

No way guys, I found the real leaked roster!

But seriously, I don't think we should be relying on leaks and rumors for the final roster. They will be announced in due time.

EDIT: Turns out they scrapped most of the characters they already had. Also, the new title is "3rd Party All-Stars: Battle Whenever"

I really hope gamescom rips these character leaks apart even if I like some of the characters lol.

I kinda hope that they announce all the leaked content at Gamescom (even if DINO and Evil Cole are awful additions) and then say "see you at TGS, we'll have even more characters and levels there". That way we get the good stuff from this leak and there's still the possibility of Crash, Spyro, Snake and Cloud making it in.

RedBoot

Who the hell would waste time creating PaRappa and Ratchet renders from scratch just to fake a save file logo? That's absurd.

I was talking about the first picture.

The Parappa art being similar supports it, but yeah, that Ratchet render looks familar. But then, all his pictures look like that.

Drago

No way guys, I found the real leaked roster!

But seriously, I don't think we should be relying on leaks and rumors for the final roster. They will be announced in due time.

EDIT: Turns out they scrapped most of the characters they already had. Also, the new title is "3rd Party All-Stars: Battle Whenever"
Darth Vader for PS All Stars 2

I kinda hope that they announce all the leaked content at Gamescom (even if DINO and Evil Cole are awful additions) and then say "see you at TGS, we'll have even more characters and levels there". That way we get the good stuff from this leak and there's still the possibility of Crash, Spyro, Snake and Cloud making it in.

Or they can tell us now since we'll leak that too

Even if that picture is legit it means nothing for those files.
If that picture is real, then that Ratchet render is real.

I think that render fits perfectly with the first leaked image of the characters. If that really is the same render, then we can assume that all of the characters in that image are legitimate.

However, I suppose the leaker could mix real and fake information.

If the leak is real, there's always a possibility that it's incomplete.

In any case, if it is true, fuck yes to Fortesque's inclusion. I was hoping for that ever since All-Stars was announced.

J-Tier

Dammit. Vampire Cole confirmed? k_reign, ruining dreams. It's because Sony wants to buy in on the mainstreamyness of vampires.

THey're late, bow and arrows are the new thing.

RedBoot

If the leak is real, there's always a possibility that it's incomplete.

If the file list is real, it'd be weird for it to be incomplete.

But, it can be real if we just assume Paul Gale was making stuff up with the 3 or more female characters and the RPG character. Which is believable, seeing as how, you know, he's made stuff up before. Several times.

Still doesn't account for the game being advertised with 20+ characters though.

I doubt the validity of these files and directories very much. Why would they include these files when they, more often than not, try to keep the demo/beta's file size down as much as possible?

It happens more often than you'd think. Tons of information for Resident Evil 5 and 6, Sonic Generations, and a few other games were mined from leftover data found in their respective demos.

k_Reign

Dammit. Vampire Cole confirmed? k_reign, ruining dreams. It's because Sony wants to buy in on the mainstreamyness of vampires.

THey're late, bow and arrows are the new thing.

The best part is, they've actually given MF Vampire Cole a bow and arrow to use along with a new move that transforms him into Nathan Drake.

It happens more often than you'd think. Tons of information for Resident Evil 5 and 6, Sonic Generations, and a few other games were mined from leftover data found in their respective demos.

I know, but part of me really thinks it's not true on account of that being a low number for the final roster and the other part just doesn't want it to be true, hahah.

J-Tier

The best part is, they've actually given MF Vampire Cole a bow and arrow to use along with a new move that transforms him into Nathan Drake.

A bow and a single freakin' arrow. That's badass.

Now for srs.

I'm hoping that list is incomplete.

RedBoot

You'd think people would catch on and start to delete such files in their demos. Still, having your roster discovered through datamining is at least better than having people discover your roster because you uploaded the pictures to your website. Twice. CAPCOM.

Actually, just kidding here, but the biggest evidence against those pictures is that it took people over a day to pull them from the beta files. :p

I know, but part of me really thinks it's not true on account of that being a low number for the final roster and the other part just doesn't want it to be true, hahah.

Yeah, I totally understand you there. To be fair, I'm not entirely convinced that this is the final roster, either.

k_Reign

ibhOlSWkAuVpR5.gif

I am actually starting to fear for Lightning inclusion. t_______t

I just saw this beta package. I guess it is true...354 mb. Same size as the beta...I don't want to download it. I'll get in trouble AND not see what I want to see, hahahah.

Tratorn

Stages could be cool, but chars like Spike and Evil Cole won't give me hope that they know what chars are the most wanted.
Evil Cole would be good as an alternative costume, but it seems he has an own slot which is a waste imo.
The only really cool "surprise" is Sir Daniel. Sackboy, Ratched etc. are also nice, but they're no surprise.
Chars like Cloud or Sephiroth, Crash or Spyro are really a must and they should do really their best to get them.
If they have raiden but no snake it's even more ridiculous.

Drago

I still think Lightning will be there. TheMink obviously knew with his teasing posts a while ago and it's an obvious pick that will help promote XIII and XIII-2
and XIII-3

Maybe it's an incomplete list?

Yeah, I totally understand you there. To be fair, I'm not entirely convinced that this is the final roster, either.

It can't be since its been confirmed that the roster is over 20. Well maybe SuperBot shits out Vampire Cole character week before release to meet the promised number.

k_Reign

I have been around Playstation since the first one launched and I have no idea who Wander is man. Probably a good move to keep him out.

You never played Shadow of the Colossus? He's the dude from that game. I still think he'd be best represented in a stage, though.

LuuKyK

just looked at it, it is a PSN link (directly from sony's servers). you can download it to your PC and extract it with tools available, very easy to check.

I don't want to face reality though. Poor Farron Godess been ignored like this. It's all TheMink's fault for making me believe she was in. -_-

Tagg9

just looked at it, it is a PSN link (directly from sony's servers). you can download it to your PC and extract it with tools available, very easy to check.

Yeah, I'm looking over the files now. I haven't found anything else noteworthy, but the character listing is indeed legit. It should probably be added to the OP.

J-Tier

What if Good Cole can transform into evil Cole? Huh? Huh? An-and they just one character? And...

I wish...

As for Dante, the data in there isn't specific. It just says dante right?

You never played Shadow of the Colossus? He's the dude from that game. I still think he'd be best represented in a stage, though.

Haha what? His name is Wander? I don't think I ever thought that was his real name....Come to think of it I don't remember ever thinking he had a name.

Ryce

Yeah, I'm looking over the files now. I haven't found anything else noteworthy, but the character listing is indeed legit. It should probably be added to the OP.
Have you been able to find the character portrait/stage images from the first post anywhere? I've been looking.

If the rest matches up, then Lighting is sure to be in. Probably want her to be a surprise and coincide with FF23-3, Lightning's Story or whatever.

It's still really weird that Paul Gale knows about characters that are not in that list and he doesn't have the most recent info. I don't think he is lying.

LuuKyK

It's still really weird that Paul Gale knows about characters that are not in that list and he doesn't have the most recent info. I don't think he is lying.

He is obviously not lying. I mean he leaked the game right? His source probably ended having acess to the game's development team or something like that.

ReaperXL7

well this list is going to end up with Superbot taking alot of shit until they either deny the list, or reveal all of the characters that will be in the game which wont be for awhile probably.

I'm not going to lie, if this is the final list i'd be pretty disappointed, and it actually might affect my drive to purchase the game. It's really starting to look like a game to promote the PS3, and not Playstation as awhole, and I love the PS3 but this game should be celebrating everything about playstation.

If they really went with adding Cole a second time, new Dante, Raiden over Snake, no Abe, no Alundra, no Lara Croft, no Cloud, no Sephiroth, no Crash, no Spyro, no Jumping Flash, no Battle Arena Toshinden characters, no Wild Arms, or Legend of Dragoon characters, Then I don't know why they are making this game because it's starting to have less and less to do with Playstation specifically. I guess a game like this was bound to disappoint people, there is too much to add to please everyone. This list though, makes it look like Superbot, and Sony completely forgot or don't care about what attached people to playstation in the first place.

Raiden is a good pick over Snake just because of the unique moveset he'll bring

engf2g.gif

Make sure to include the bullet deflect just to punish Radec spammers.

Top Bottom